• 75 results
#1 Edited by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Walks in and walks back out

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

just because its called "the power of 1 million suns" doesn't necessarily mean it is actually solar radiation.

i still give it to Superman. LoL

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry's million exploding suns don't impress me. Superman wins. For more detail, find the other threads.

#5 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

That's it. Forces thread to say blah and it instantly dies There much better.

#6 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious as to how/where Sentry's power comes from or generates from( I know he got it off some serum thing). If it is indeed based off of yellow suns then this would be a no contest.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins. He has got the experience and the power over Sentry.

#8 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe its not just based on the yellow sun. Like he has the powers of radiation right? So all he have do is shine superman with red sun radation. But of corsue sentry doesn't know anything about supes weaknesses. And supes has the superior strenght and speed. I give it to him. I still believe sentry hasn't shown his true power yet but supes takes this.

#9 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I'm curious as to how/where Sentry's power comes from or generates from( I know he got it off some serum thing). If it is indeed based off of yellow suns then this would be a no contest. "

yeah its a serum,the power of a million expolding suns to be exact

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Damnit I thought I killed this stupid thread! Sucks it into a black hole Now stay dead!

#11 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Damnit I thought I killed this stupid thread! *Sucks it into a black hole* Now stay dead!"

wow calm down dude.

#12 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Damnit I thought I killed this stupid thread! *Sucks it into a black hole* Now stay dead!"
wow calm down dude."

its a girl..... i think.

#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

The emitting radiation light part is what intrigues me for the character. I'd like for thatto me exsplored more so I can get a better feel for that power.

#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
wow calm down dude."

its a girl..... i think. "

That's a very contradictory scentence right there. I am not a It, i am not a he, I AM A SHE FOR THE LAST TIME!

#15 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"acewasp23 says:
"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
wow calm down dude."
***its*** a girl..... i think. "
That's a very contradictory scentence right there. I am not a It, i am not a he, I AM A SHE FOR THE LAST TIME!"

sorry, the avatar is missleading,sorry again

#16 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"I AM A SHE FOR THE LAST TIME!"

yeah thats what i was trying to say.

#17 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I'm curious as to how/where Sentry's power comes from or generates from( I know he got it off some serum thing). If it is indeed based off of yellow suns then this would be a no contest. "

The serum has thrown his molecules out of synce. I think they a second out of the normal space or something. How that gives him power I don't know. But if you based this off of their powers: Sentry is Marvels Superman, So he has all the same powers and one extra (hard light manipulation. Because of that, I think he would win based on my logic.

But based on my love for Supes, no way. Superman is the man.

#18 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know if you can completly base the outcome off the previous supes-sentry battle thread as that was basically pre WWH... we have to take into account what? if anything we've learned from that story? im still alittle confused to sentries power level from the final of WWH, as the surrounding area didn't seem to be very damaged if he was exuding the power of a million suns etc? or were hulk and sentry directing their power into each other and subsequently obsorbing the energy of the other? if so theni see sentry as having immense power

#19 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"acewasp23 says:
"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
wow calm down dude."
That's a very contradictory scentence right there. I am not a It, i am not a he, I AM A SHE FOR THE LAST TIME!"

sorry, the avatar is missleading,sorry again"

The avatar's an It. But it has a male personality. And I can't use Photoshop to give it a bow because I don't have it. And plus I'm a tomboy Girl who has many masculine personality traits so I'm every bit as tough as you males if not tougher and I probably am tougher than you males, and better than you at nearly everything. Female SUPREMACY!
Post Edited:2007-12-21 16:38:32

#20 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"The emitting radiation light part is what intrigues me for the character. I'd like for thatto me exsplored more so I can get a better feel for that power."

To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief.

#21 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"Andferne says:
"The emitting radiation light part is what intrigues me for the character. I'd like for thatto me exsplored more so I can get a better feel for that power."
To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief."

So you think Sentry is basically Superman and Hal Jordan ?

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

They say Sentry gives off solar radiation. Wouldn't that make Superman much more powerful?

#23 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Copy says:
"Andferne says:
To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief."
So you think Sentry is basically Superman and Hal Jordan ?"

I didn't give a specific gl name because we don't know exactly what he can do with his powers. And how strong they are. I just said gl because he has light construct, can emit radiation, and form shield (Thats what I know so far)

#24 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Copy says:
"Andferne says:
So you think Sentry is basically Superman and Hal Jordan ?"

He is. e has all Superman powers and can create hard light constructs like GL.

#25 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
"acewasp23 says:
"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
wow calm down dude."
The avatar's an It. But it has a male personality. And I can't use Photoshop to give it a bow because I don't have it. And plus I'm a tomboy *Girl who has many masculine personality traits so I'm every bit as tough as you males if not tougher and I probably am tougher than you males, and better than you at nearly everything. Female SUPREMACY!*
Post Edited:2007-12-21 16:38:32"

thats ok,i like tough girls,that why i have been with my my girlfreind for so long

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief."

His light manipulation (basically just absorbing and blasting, not much "manipulation") isn't anywhere near what a GL ring can do.

#27 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Copy says:
" To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief."
His light manipulation (basically just absorbing and blasting, not much "manipulation") isn't anywhere near what a GL ring can do."

If its absorbing then wouldnt it have to be from our sun? Leading to he would just power up the Man of Steel?

#28 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Copy says:
" To me he is basically superman+Green lantern= Sentry. I believe he has the potential tp be one of the most powerful characters in both dc earth and marvel earth. But thats my belief."
His light manipulation (basically just absorbing and blasting, not much "manipulation") isn't anywhere near what a GL ring can do."

Really? Then should we take away light constructs on his powers on his page?

#29 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Copy says:

He created all those constructs that the Avengers were fighting in New Avengers #9 and 10.

#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this is where my irgorance comes in. Not knowing the differance from a red and yellow sun.

#31 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Andferne says:
"Buckshot says:
"Copy says:
If its absorbing then wouldnt it have to be from our sun? Leading to he would just power up the Man of Steel?"
He could convert it to Red light if possible. If not then yes it would make Superfruit stronger. "

They say he has the power of a million exploding suns, I don't think he gets his powers from solar radiation.

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Buckshot says:
"Copy says:

If its absorbing then wouldnt it have to be from our sun? Leading to he would just power up the Man of Steel?"

He could convert it to Red light if possible. If not then yes it would make Superfruit stronger.

#33 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"They say Sentry gives off solar radiation. Wouldn't that make Superman much more powerful?"

hmmmn? not sure? i think its another one of marvels attempts to make sentry appear more powerful than superman ie supes gets stronger from the sun but sentry is a sun (not litterally but you know what i mean). its kind of a chiken and egg thing

#34 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Ok this is where my irgorance comes in. Not knowing the differance from a red and yellow sun."

Red stars are cooler and older and tend to be larger. Yellow stars are younger and hotter and tend to be smaller not in the case with dwarves, A red Giant is larger than a yellow giant for instance. The red giant emits less thermal radiation then the yellow giant as it is cooler.

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18912 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"He created all those constructs that the Avengers were fighting in New Avengers #9 and 10. "

Unless I missed it (I just quickly looked over them again) it didn't say light constructs anywhere. It looked like the Void shapeshifting as he attacked. I know the whole "Sentry is Void" thing but Void uses powers that Sentry doesn't and Sentry doesn't get attributed with them. Even if he were in this case, it still wouldn't be light manipulation.

#36 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like for the Void to get out again, and the heros of Marvel take care of buisness. To show Sentry a lot has changed sincehe ran and hid all those years ago.

#38 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I would like for the Void to get out again, and the heros of Marvel take care of buisness. To show Sentry a lot has changed sincehe ran and hid all those years ago."

That would be cool but they were pretty helpless the last time.

#39 Posted by The Man of Tomorrow (403 posts) - - Show Bio
@Beast-X: Very nice. I like!
#40 Edited by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry knows he is gonna lose unless he cuts looseDoes this mean if he farts on Superman he might win.  
#41 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh* Another one of these?
#42 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught said:
"

fear monger says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"acewasp23 says:
"fear monger says:
"Dreadnaught says:
wow calm down dude."

The avatar's an It. But it has a male personality. And I can't use Photoshop to give it a bow because I don't have it. And plus I'm a tomboy Girl who has many masculine personality traits so I'm every bit as tough as you males if not tougher and I probably am tougher than you males, and better than you at nearly everything. Female SUPREMACY!
Post Edited:2007-12-21 16:38:32

"
*yawn*
..........next
#43 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Superman takes this fight NOT because he's  more powerful.  It comes down to the aphorism superior thinking overwhelms superior force.   Sentry is Void  the only reason he doesn't utilize voids abilities is his mind...which  to all intents and purposes is  fractured.  Even without the utilization of voids power, sentry  is very formidable and would  be able to beat superman if his mind wasn't so screwed up.  Sentry had to get a pep talk from Iron man just to leave he's room to fight WWH.  Last I read he was being manipulated by Osborn because of  the same reason a weak mind....so yes Superman because he has a stronger mind not because he's more powerful than Sentry. In actuality,  Sentry  is the more powerful character.    If he got his act together  he would be able to beat superman right now NO.

#44 Posted by crabtree (1618 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins

#45 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009 said:
" I believe Superman takes this fight NOT because he's  more powerful.  It comes down to the aphorism superior thinking overwhelms superior force.   Sentry is Void  the only reason he doesn't utilize voids abilities is his mind...which  to all intents and purposes is  fractured.  Even without the utilization of voids power, sentry  is very formidable and would  be able to beat superman if his mind wasn't so screwed up.  Sentry had to get a pep talk from Iron man just to leave he's room to fight WWH.  Last I read he was being manipulated by Osborn because of  the same reason a weak mind....so yes Superman because he has a stronger mind not because he's more powerful than Sentry. In actuality,  Sentry  is the more powerful character.    If he got his act together  he would be able to beat superman right now NO. "
Why do you think Sentry is more powerful? Everything I've been shown seems to portray superman as much more powerful
#46 Posted by MrDirector786 (43370 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.....

#47 Edited by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:

" @Myth2009 said:

" I believe Superman takes this fight NOT because he's  more powerful.  It comes down to the aphorism superior thinking overwhelms superior force.   Sentry is Void  the only reason he doesn't utilize voids abilities is his mind...which  to all intents and purposes is  fractured.  Even without the utilization of voids power, sentry  is very formidable and would  be able to beat superman if his mind wasn't so screwed up.  Sentry had to get a pep talk from Iron man just to leave he's room to fight WWH.  Last I read he was being manipulated by Osborn because of  the same reason a weak mind....so yes Superman because he has a stronger mind not because he's more powerful than Sentry. In actuality,  Sentry  is the more powerful character.    If he got his act together  he would be able to beat superman right now NO. "

Why do you think Sentry is more powerful? Everything I've been shown seems to portray superman as much more powerful "

This is from Marvel:
The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, examples he has demonstrated so far are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight.

The Sentry can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation. With the people dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's. In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless. 

Like I was saying sentry is more powerful.  However Superman still takes it because Sentry's mind is weak by this I mean he's emotionally unstable....although he's a powerful telepath---for instance he erased the memory of everyone on the planet of his existence thus the reason everybody on the planet forgot he existed before coming back.   He's been killed time and again but just comes back.  Right now all he displays is the usual gamut of super strength, super speed etc....but he's capable of much much more his only limitation is his mind.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Beast-X: Nicely done.
#49 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Myth2009: You mean he has a greater variety of powers? Martian Manhunter has a greater variety of powers than  Despero but I'd still call Despero more powerful.

@Beast-X:
Like everyone said very cool
#50 Posted by Myth2009 (77 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @Myth2009: You mean he has a greater variety of powers? Martian Manhunter has a greater variety of powers than  Despero but I'd still call Despero more powerful.

@Beast-X: Like everyone said very cool "
not just that he has varieties...the variety is possibly infinite.  Martian Manhunter has a limit, there are just things he can't do....Sentry at his full potential---meaning with a non-fractured  mind...its quite possible there's nothing he can't do .....this is why I say he's more powerful than superman.  But superman still wins for the reason I stated above.