#1 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

I Know This Has Been Done Before But This Is Different I Swear

Rules

Round One

One Week Prep

In Character

Win By Death, K.O or Surrender

NO BFR

Round Two

No Prep/Sudden Encounter

Bloodlusted (No Void)

Sentry: Stable But Angry

Superman: Extremely Angry

Win By Death.K.O

Round Three

One Day Prep

Superman: Super-Boy Prime

Sentry: Void

Bloodlusted

In Character

Win By Death,K.O or Surrender

Location

Opponents

#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

round one: superman

round two: sentry

round three: no sure very close but void might take it

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2723 posts) - - Show Bio

You're using New 52 Superman right? (I know it's the picture I just wanted to make sure.)

#4 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake: any version which i relevant to your decision

#5 Posted by asIsuspected (566 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm. 1.Supes (I think he is going to use time given for prep much better, maybe even asking batman for help)

2.Supes due to Superman's being extremely angry and Sentry being stable

3.Sentry because of Void

#6 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

#8 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4918 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like a battle between Hercules vs Ares(anyone who knows the Legendary Journeys knows what I'm talking about). Round one would belong to Superman, then round two gets intense. Sentry wins by K.O. But round three is no holds barred IMO. Obviously, the Void proves to be more powerful than Superman, but Supes is acting all Superboy Prime. What made Superboy Prime very dangerous was that he had brutality that matched the Hulk, plus he had Laser Vision and Freeze Breath. Supes would triumph over Sentry/Void by surrender, cause since they are still in character. This the best argument I can post :/

#9 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

#10 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

I don't have a scan machine, so all my points will seem hollow, but three of the reasons why I believe that are that Sentry has psychic powers, that he can not be killed (seen during Dark Reign after his attack against Morgan, he simply returns) and that there seems to be no upper limit to his powers, only his troubled (very troubled) mind.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

I don't have a scan machine, so all my points will seem hollow, but three of the reasons why I believe that are that Sentry has psychic powers, that he can not be killed (seen during Dark Reign after his attack against Morgan, he simply returns) and that there seems to be no upper limit to his powers, only his troubled (very troubled) mind.

He might not be able to be killed but he can still be KOed. WWH showed that. And KOing is one of the conditions for winning all 3 rounds. That is something Superman can do handily with his superior strength, speed and experience. Additionally, Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, another powerhouse who doesn't have the level of feats Superman has. As for your psychic point, Sentry has never shown any TP feats. He just uses his mental powers to keep his physical powers in check. You could have brought up the matter manipulation feat as well but destroying Molecule Man was PIS. Plus he doesn't have much experience with it but this is why he can't be killed. Anyway against a foe like Superman, Sentry won't be able to help getting KOed which is one of the conditions for winning the fight.

#12 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

I don't have a scan machine, so all my points will seem hollow, but three of the reasons why I believe that are that Sentry has psychic powers, that he can not be killed (seen during Dark Reign after his attack against Morgan, he simply returns) and that there seems to be no upper limit to his powers, only his troubled (very troubled) mind.

He might not be able to be killed but he can still be KOed. WWH showed that. And KOing is one of the conditions for winning all 3 rounds. That is something Superman can do handily with his superior strength, speed and experience. Additionally, Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, another powerhouse who doesn't have the level of feats Superman has. As for your psychic point, Sentry has never shown any TP feats. He just uses his mental powers to keep his physical powers in check. You could have brought up the matter manipulation feat as well but destroying Molecule Man was PIS. Plus he doesn't have much experience with it but this is why he can't be killed. Anyway against a foe like Superman, Sentry won't be able to help getting KOed which is one of the conditions for winning the fight.

I was more thinking about the kind of psychic power he used to manipulate the entire world into forgetting about him the first time (if I am correct: last time I read the mini series was a looong time ago). I also don't think is strength really has a limit. As for WWH, the entire story is PIS to me. Considering the way he is being described, I really don't think he can be KOed if he decides otherwise.

#13 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (751 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Superman

2.Superman

3.SBP

#14 Posted by Malevolent1 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Yeah, so was Thor. We all see how that turned out.

Seriously, Sentry seems to have demonstrated complete control over his own molecular structure, granting him virtual immortality. While he does appear to have powers on par with Superman, they seem to be a little less clearly defined than the Man of Steel's...or should I say, tried and proven. But that is not unusual for a character that has made a relatively limited number of appearances vs Superman who has made, literally, thousands of times.

I've been back and forth on this one, but the big question for me is: if the Sentry can reform himself from just about any injury, how does Superman put the Sentry down permanently? If win was by knockout, I'd really lean toward Supes because of his abilities that have been demonstrated over decades. If this is a fight to the death, not so sure Supes could pull this off.

#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

I don't have a scan machine, so all my points will seem hollow, but three of the reasons why I believe that are that Sentry has psychic powers, that he can not be killed (seen during Dark Reign after his attack against Morgan, he simply returns) and that there seems to be no upper limit to his powers, only his troubled (very troubled) mind.

He might not be able to be killed but he can still be KOed. WWH showed that. And KOing is one of the conditions for winning all 3 rounds. That is something Superman can do handily with his superior strength, speed and experience. Additionally, Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, another powerhouse who doesn't have the level of feats Superman has. As for your psychic point, Sentry has never shown any TP feats. He just uses his mental powers to keep his physical powers in check. You could have brought up the matter manipulation feat as well but destroying Molecule Man was PIS. Plus he doesn't have much experience with it but this is why he can't be killed. Anyway against a foe like Superman, Sentry won't be able to help getting KOed which is one of the conditions for winning the fight.

I was more thinking about the kind of psychic power he used to manipulate the entire world into forgetting about him the first time (if I am correct: last time I read the mini series was a looong time ago). I also don't think is strength really has a limit. As for WWH, the entire story is PIS to me. Considering the way he is being described, I really don't think he can be KOed if he decides otherwise.

He did have help from Cloc doing that and he barely has any other psychic feats to speak of, particularly in combat use. Bottom line, I don't think Sentry uses his mental powers in combat. And Superman's strength has any limits either. The difference is that we've seen the higher end of Superman's strength feats which put him way above what we've seen Sentry do. And whilst WWH was a PIS event, particularly when Sentry didn't use his frickin' speed to blitz the Hulk, the ending did show that if he takes enough punishment, Sentry can be KOed. And Superman is more than capable of dealing the punishment to Sentry if they fought. Finally, he's been killed, KOed and knocked around against his will all the time. Sentry can't help it and a KO would all be needed to win, something that the more experienced Superman would be able to do.

#17 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

#18 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Even New 52 Superman could take one and two, three might depend on if bob wants to die again, but Emo-boy did mow down dozens of lanterns, smack around ION-Yat, Survive Monarch and yaddy yadda, so I think he can take Void by way of "killing him to death".

Supes all three

#19 Posted by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Even New 52 Superman could take one and two, three might depend on if bob wants to die again, but Emo-boy did mow down dozens of lanterns, smack around ION-Yat, Survive Monarch and yaddy yadda, so I think he can take Void by way of "killing him to death".

Supes all three

Ok how do you not kill someone to death o_O.

Also Yat he had the whole lead poisoning thing going on, and against Monarch has an extremely amped up version (i for one never understood why Monarch from being able to beat 42 Superman level beings with relative ease would lose to Man prime but meh!).

While i dont think Sentry has a chance at all, despite him being written to be extremely powerful has no feats. They are going to have their hands full with Void.

#20 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

Also, Kal-L only took advantage of lead poisoning near the end of the fight, not at the beginning. When I said surviving monarch, I was referring to the end of the fight when Monarch blew up the universe and most of the Guardian power had worn off of Superman prime....

But then again, Kal can always just find a dimensional wall and bust it to turn the void into a donut....jk

The other two fights are obvious though, I hope he's using current Superman...

#21 Posted by TheSuperHuman (992 posts) - - Show Bio

As a fan of both New-52 Superman and the Sentry, I must give all three rounds to the latter.

#22 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman said:

As a fan of both New-52 Superman and the Sentry, I must give all three rounds to the latter.

#23 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Lvenger said:

@DocFatalis said:

Sentry three times. The guy was designed and written to be superior to Superman. I don't even want to talk about the Void.

Sentry is nowhere near superior to Superman. He's a better match than Thor but he definitely doesn't beat Superman. I'm somewhat of an expert on Superman's feats and well versed in the Sentry's so I can assure you Superman wins all 3 rounds, especially with Prime in Round 3 to help him out. Unless you can prove otherwise which I'd be interested to hear?

I don't have a scan machine, so all my points will seem hollow, but three of the reasons why I believe that are that Sentry has psychic powers, that he can not be killed (seen during Dark Reign after his attack against Morgan, he simply returns) and that there seems to be no upper limit to his powers, only his troubled (very troubled) mind.

He might not be able to be killed but he can still be KOed. WWH showed that. And KOing is one of the conditions for winning all 3 rounds. That is something Superman can do handily with his superior strength, speed and experience. Additionally, Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, another powerhouse who doesn't have the level of feats Superman has. As for your psychic point, Sentry has never shown any TP feats. He just uses his mental powers to keep his physical powers in check. You could have brought up the matter manipulation feat as well but destroying Molecule Man was PIS. Plus he doesn't have much experience with it but this is why he can't be killed. Anyway against a foe like Superman, Sentry won't be able to help getting KOed which is one of the conditions for winning the fight.

I was more thinking about the kind of psychic power he used to manipulate the entire world into forgetting about him the first time (if I am correct: last time I read the mini series was a looong time ago). I also don't think is strength really has a limit. As for WWH, the entire story is PIS to me. Considering the way he is being described, I really don't think he can be KOed if he decides otherwise.

He did have help from Cloc doing that and he barely has any other psychic feats to speak of, particularly in combat use. Bottom line, I don't think Sentry uses his mental powers in combat. And Superman's strength has any limits either. The difference is that we've seen the higher end of Superman's strength feats which put him way above what we've seen Sentry do. And whilst WWH was a PIS event, particularly when Sentry didn't use his frickin' speed to blitz the Hulk, the ending did show that if he takes enough punishment, Sentry can be KOed. And Superman is more than capable of dealing the punishment to Sentry if they fought. Finally, he's been killed, KOed and knocked around against his will all the time. Sentry can't help it and a KO would all be needed to win, something that the more experienced Superman would be able to do.

Well, according to me, the only thing this quite pathetic scene has shown us is that when you use enough visual pyrotechnics and have blown up enough squares of the city because you don't want the Hulk to lose like he should, you have the Sentry reverting to his normal form and the Hulk reverting to Banner. We then see Bob who wants to be punished. It's one of the worst scene and most rotten metaphors I've seen in WWH, and there were a lot. It's trying to hint to the fact that when he uses his powers at a high level, Reynolds reverts to human. That is so inconsistent I don't think it can reasonably be mentioned.

Do you have the scans for the first time when Sentry used his psychic powers (not the second time with Strange and Richards), because I don't remember his robot providing him with power or stuff?

I don't think any of Sentry's defeats were triggered by something else than guilt and instability. Maybe that one time against Hammerhead and his villains and I am not even sure. You say that Supe's is more experienced, but we have absolutely no idea about that. The only thing we know is that Sentry was born and got his powers long before the current Superman, that is all. Considering you are talking about the previous Superman, well the only thing we know is that more stories were told about him, but who knows how much Sentry has fought before? And Superman is really not a martial artist either.

To me, against an opponent of Supe's class, Reynolds would just use his powers up to an unseen level before becoming the Void for the umpteenth time, and then the shit (pardon my french) would really begin. But even before this happens, there's an other power of him that we have forgotten about: he controls the color and frequency of the light he radiates, which mean that Superman would soon find himself fighting a red sun.

Unless Reynolds wants to be beaten, I don't think someone like Superman can actually hurt him.

#24 Posted by TheSuperHuman (992 posts) - - Show Bio
@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

As a fan of both New-52 Superman and the Sentry, I must give all three rounds to the latter.

Awesome picture.
#25 Posted by logy5000 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

1:Sentry (maybe)

2:Superman

3:Superboy Prime

#26 Posted by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@Killemall:

Oh lol i seemed to have missed that part. Awesome.

Also, Kal-L only took advantage of lead poisoning near the end of the fight, not at the beginning.

Lead Poisioning take place quite early int he fight actually

When I said surviving monarch, I was referring to the end of the fight when Monarch blew up the universe and most of the Guardian power had worn off of Superman prime....

Well he still looked beefed up, although Monarch himself says your powers have almost gone you are shrinking but fair enough.

But then again, Kal can always just find a dimensional wall and bust it to turn the void into a donut....jk

I think most people missed that. In Infinite Crisis 02, it was revealed that the dimension wall was already crumbling before Prime punches it to begin with.

The other two fights are obvious though, I hope he's using current Superman...

Well it doesnt really matter. Current or otherwise, both version of Superman have better feats to prove their strength against Sentry. Have just as good speed feats. Its the void part that gets complicated.

#27 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: on the subject of the lead poisoning part, he did get smacked up into a nuclear power plant....so although I was wrong about the moment it took place, Kal-L did smack up ION-Yat before the lead even played a part in the battle....

#28 Posted by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us: fair enough. Also did you make a new account. Last time we debated i believe you had higher post count that his. Not sure what happened there.

#29 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: that depends....you still think Im fangirl? lol

#30 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: but no, this is the same account with a new avatar........

#31 Edited by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins all 3

#32 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

Well, according to me, the only thing this quite pathetic scene has shown us is that when you use enough visual pyrotechnics and have blown up enough squares of the city because you don't want the Hulk to lose like he should, you have the Sentry reverting to his normal form and the Hulk reverting to Banner. We then see Bob who wants to be punished. It's one of the worst scene and most rotten metaphors I've seen in WWH, and there were a lot. It's trying to hint to the fact that when he uses his powers at a high level, Reynolds reverts to human. That is so inconsistent I don't think it can reasonably be mentioned.

True he did want to be punished and let loose his power on the Hulk but the point still stands. Reynolds expended a massive amount of energy and needed time to replenish it after the fight. But fair enough.

@DocFatalis said:

Do you have the scans for the first time when Sentry used his psychic powers (not the second time with Strange and Richards), because I don't remember his robot providing him with power or stuff?

Unfortunately not but various synopsises have said that it was Cloc who helped him wipe everyone's memories the first time. So it can be reasonably assumed that Cloc did help Sentry mindwipe the world the first time. And again Sentry has no mental feats to speak of that show he could use them against Superman. So your point here is void unfortunately (pardon the pun)

@DocFatalis said:

I don't think any of Sentry's defeats were triggered by something else than guilt and instability. Maybe that one time against Hammerhead and his villains and I am not even sure. You say that Supe's is more experienced, but we have absolutely no idea about that. The only thing we know is that Sentry was born and got his powers long before the current Superman, that is all. Considering you are talking about the previous Superman, well the only thing we know is that more stories were told about him, but who knows how much Sentry has fought before? And Superman is really not a martial artist either.

His defeat with WWH was. The Torch from WW2 overloaded the Sentry with power. Morgan Le Faye and Molecule Man blew him to smithereens. All those defeats weren't triggered by guilt or instability, they were triggered via the Sentry losing to his opponent. And what do you mean Sentry has been around longer than Superman? Sentry came about at around about the same time as the FF. Where's the proof for your claim? Finally Superman may not be the best martial artist in the world but he does have knowledge of Toaurquasm Vao in addition to some varied combat training. Here are some examples of it

Defeating Commander Gor, a member of the Kryptonian Military by analysing his combat style and exploting his weaknesses. Suffice to say Gor would have had some combat training to say the least.

Using kidney punches and pressure jabs on Ultraman.

Blocking punches from Mongul using Muhammed Ali's rope a dope strategy

Just a neat scan of Superman beating Mongul Jr up whilst being trained by him prior to Imperiex coming.

Additionally Superman is king of the speedblitz. I could fill this post with instances of him blitzing foes. It's a common tactic he uses. And I can't seem to recall Sentry blitzing many of his foes. Advantage Superman in that regard. And I think that establishes Superman's greater experience. Let's continue...

@DocFatalis said:

To me, against an opponent of Supe's class, Reynolds would just use his powers up to an unseen level before becoming the Void for the umpteenth time, and then the shit (pardon my french) would really begin. But even before this happens, there's an other power of him that we have forgotten about: he controls the color and frequency of the light he radiates, which mean that Superman would soon find himself fighting a red sun.

How's he going to power up to an unseen level again? Superman has faced countless foes of equal or greater power than his own and I doubt Sentry could get to a level that Superman couldn't equal or surpass Bob. His strength, reaction speed, speed blitzing and energy projection feats all put him at a level way above the Sentry. As for your Void point, it's debatable whether the Void would take control in Round 1. And Round 2 has no Void which means Superman slaughters Bob. He knocked around Wonder Woman whilst under Max Lord's control so the fight between those two would end quickly given Superman's superior bloodlusted performance. Finally, I know Sentry can emit some kind of solar energy blast but when has he ever changed its colour and frequency? There's no evidence to suggest the Sentry can emit red solar radiation as one of his abilities. You're speculating here I'm afraid unless you can show me otherwise?

@DocFatalis said:

Unless Reynolds wants to be beaten, I don't think someone like Superman can actually hurt him.

It doesn't matter whether Bob doesn't want to be KOed or not. Superman can still do just that. He's superior to Bob in every way and has the feats to support it. As for Round 3, Prime is basically as powerful as 2 or 3 Kryptonians combined so the Void would be fighting a team with the combined power of at least 4 Kryptonian males. Not a fight I can see the Void winning.

#33 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

About Sentry I am not talking about energy blasts, but really deciding on the kind of light or electromagnetic radiations he wants to have surrounding him. I'd need someone with a better recollection of the mini series, but I am petty sure that it's how he used to sooth the Hulk's rage and also how he creates his aura.

The Void against two or three Kryptonians would simply be cruel to Kryptonians since this entity has not only raw power, but also energy matter and psionic manipulation powers. Against superboy prime it would especially be unfair since the Void has a habbit of showing people their fears or the worst moments in their lives thanks to his dark energies, and SBP is very very bad at handling strong emotions. He cries and whines a lot.

When instructed to do so by Osborn, Sentry has blitzed a number of opponents and a very large number of Atlanteans, under water.

I am saying he's going to power up to an unseen level because that is mainly what we have seen happening since the first appearances of this character.

Now, are there way more Superman stories? Of course yes, which gives room for way more feats, including a large number of disputable ones. In that field, Bob will always be at a disadvantage.

I haven't read those stories you provided us scans with, but are they all from the main continuity, because the black and red S on the chest of one of the Supermen seems to suggest otherwise and the one with the "civilian" Kal -El seems to belong to one of those alternate or time travelling stories. I am not ashamed though to say that I do not know and would like to have opinions from viners with more experience in Superman. I don't mean that you are trying to lie at all, but we all sometimes use scans from stories we haven't entirely read.

Lastly, Molecule Man and Morgan le Faye (this always makes me laugh, because it is only an adaptation of "Morganne la fée", Morgan the Faery from the french brittany tales) did not exterminate him, on the contrary, even their powers wasn't enough to achieve that. The story with Molecule Man wasn't very good nor representative anyway.

I do understand that because of the number of Superman stories, you see him as superior, but i think it all goes opposite to the Sentry concept. sure, it's only my opinion and no more valuable than anyone else's.

#34 Posted by THORSON (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

super

#35 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis: Supposed to be working now. But I'll answer your post later OK?

#36 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: sure.

#37 Posted by Saren (27089 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

About Sentry I am not talking about energy blasts, but really deciding on the kind of light or electromagnetic radiations he wants to have surrounding him. I'd need someone with a better recollection of the mini series, but I am petty sure that it's how he used to sooth the Hulk's rage and also how he creates his aura.

The Void against two or three Kryptonians would simply be cruel to Kryptonians since this entity has not only raw power, but also energy matter and psionic manipulation powers. Against superboy prime it would especially be unfair since the Void has a habbit of showing people their fears or the worst moments in their lives thanks to his dark energies, and SBP is very very bad at handling strong emotions. He cries and whines a lot.

When instructed to do so by Osborn, Sentry has blitzed a number of opponents and a very large number of Atlanteans, under water.

I am saying he's going to power up to an unseen level because that is mainly what we have seen happening since the first appearances of this character.

Now, are there way more Superman stories? Of course yes, which gives room for way more feats, including a large number of disputable ones. In that field, Bob will always be at a disadvantage.

I haven't read those stories you provided us scans with, but are they all from the main continuity, because the black and red S on the chest of one of the Supermen seems to suggest otherwise and the one with the "civilian" Kal -El seems to belong to one of those alternate or time travelling stories. I am not ashamed though to say that I do not know and would like to have opinions from viners with more experience in Superman. I don't mean that you are trying to lie at all, but we all sometimes use scans from stories we haven't entirely read.

Lastly, Molecule Man and Morgan le Faye (this always makes me laugh, because it is only an adaptation of "Morganne la fée", Morgan the Faery from the french brittany tales) did not exterminate him, on the contrary, even their powers wasn't enough to achieve that. The story with Molecule Man wasn't very good nor representative anyway.

I do understand that because of the number of Superman stories, you see him as superior, but i think it all goes opposite to the Sentry concept. sure, it's only my opinion and no more valuable than anyone else's.

I've read the Jenkins mini-series and all the tie-ins, and I don't believe it was ever said that Sentry's Hulk-calming aura is based on light or EM radiations. It was always just his innate energy radiating from his being. Prime whines and cries like he's getting paid for it, sure, but that's never actually taken him out. He whined and cried when Nightshade covered him in darkness, but then something (I don't remember what) happened and Nightshade was blasted away. Sentry has blitzed a lot of people, but the ability to blitz people doesn't make you as fast as Superman. Spider-Man has blitzed people. Superman's objective feats of strength, speed and durability exceed Sentry's by a considerable margin, and you're right, that's partly due to the fact that Kal-El has thousands of showings in comparison to the couple of hundred or so at best that Sentry possesses, but I'm not really sure why that's to be held against Superman.

I've read more or less every Sentry appearance ever, and I don't know why you believe Sentry's defeats were ALL triggered by guilt and instability --- several of them defy that description. He's been beaten up by Anti-Man, knocked unconscious into space by Blue Marvel (although he later came back and defeated the exhausted BM, but then himself collapsed out of exhaustion into Wonder Man's arms), roughed up by Red Hulk, BFR'd into a bus terminal toilet by Genis-Vell and so on, and none of those victories can be linked to his mental or emotional state within the context of the stories they took place in. Nothing stops Sentry from getting knocked out if he's hit hard enough. It's happened multiple times, and he's never just spontaneously powered up to being on par with Superman in a fight, barring the instances where he Voided out.

Those scans are all canon. The black and red S is what Superman was wearing right after the Imperiex War, as a token of respect for the seven million people who died during it. The civilian (they're actually military) uniform is what he was wearing on New Krypton.

Moderator
#38 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@DocFatalis said:

About Sentry I am not talking about energy blasts, but really deciding on the kind of light or electromagnetic radiations he wants to have surrounding him. I'd need someone with a better recollection of the mini series, but I am petty sure that it's how he used to sooth the Hulk's rage and also how he creates his aura.

The Void against two or three Kryptonians would simply be cruel to Kryptonians since this entity has not only raw power, but also energy matter and psionic manipulation powers. Against superboy prime it would especially be unfair since the Void has a habbit of showing people their fears or the worst moments in their lives thanks to his dark energies, and SBP is very very bad at handling strong emotions. He cries and whines a lot.

When instructed to do so by Osborn, Sentry has blitzed a number of opponents and a very large number of Atlanteans, under water.

I am saying he's going to power up to an unseen level because that is mainly what we have seen happening since the first appearances of this character.

Now, are there way more Superman stories? Of course yes, which gives room for way more feats, including a large number of disputable ones. In that field, Bob will always be at a disadvantage.

I haven't read those stories you provided us scans with, but are they all from the main continuity, because the black and red S on the chest of one of the Supermen seems to suggest otherwise and the one with the "civilian" Kal -El seems to belong to one of those alternate or time travelling stories. I am not ashamed though to say that I do not know and would like to have opinions from viners with more experience in Superman. I don't mean that you are trying to lie at all, but we all sometimes use scans from stories we haven't entirely read.

Lastly, Molecule Man and Morgan le Faye (this always makes me laugh, because it is only an adaptation of "Morganne la fée", Morgan the Faery from the french brittany tales) did not exterminate him, on the contrary, even their powers wasn't enough to achieve that. The story with Molecule Man wasn't very good nor representative anyway.

I do understand that because of the number of Superman stories, you see him as superior, but i think it all goes opposite to the Sentry concept. sure, it's only my opinion and no more valuable than anyone else's.

I've read the Jenkins mini-series and all the tie-ins, and I don't believe it was ever said that Sentry's Hulk-calming aura is based on light or EM radiations. It was always just his innate energy radiating from his being. Prime whines and cries like he's getting paid for it, sure, but that's never actually taken him out. He whined and cried when Nightshade covered him in darkness, but then something (I don't remember what) happened and Nightshade was blasted away. Sentry has blitzed a lot of people, but the ability to blitz people doesn't make you as fast as Superman. Spider-Man has blitzed people. Superman's objective feats of strength, speed and durability exceed Sentry's by a considerable margin, and you're right, that's partly due to the fact that Kal-El has thousands of showings in comparison to the couple of hundred or so at best that Sentry possesses, but I'm not really sure why that's to be held against Superman.

I've read more or less every Sentry appearance ever, and I don't know why you believe Sentry's defeats were ALL triggered by guilt and instability --- several of them defy that description. He's been beaten up by Anti-Man, knocked unconscious into space by Blue Marvel (although he later came back and defeated the exhausted BM, but then himself collapsed out of exhaustion into Wonder Man's arms), roughed up by Red Hulk, BFR'd into a bus terminal toilet by Genis-Vell and so on, and none of those victories can be linked to his mental or emotional state within the context of the stories they took place in. Nothing stops Sentry from getting knocked out if he's hit hard enough. It's happened multiple times, and he's never just spontaneously powered up to being on par with Superman in a fight, barring the instances where he Voided out.

Those scans are all canon. The black and red S is what Superman was wearing right after the Imperiex War, as a token of respect for the seven million people who died during it. The civilian (they're actually military) uniform is what he was wearing on New Krypton.

Fair enough, we don't know everything and I was probably wrong. I tried to go by comics' logic and Sentry looked to me as more powerful than just a Superman, then again, if my judgement wasn't sound because of my lack of Superman knowledge. Thanks for the infos anyway.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Damn you beat me to it Bane. Though in all honesty you're a far better man for the job of this than I in that regard, particularly with your superior knowledge on Sentry. I've seen a few scans from the Genis Vell vs Sentry fight but I didn't know Genis BFRed him into a toilet. Lol at that. Thanks for clarifying the Superman vs Sentry situation better than I was doing. I was lacking those points about Sentry.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

hmmm. 1.Supes (I think he is going to use time given for prep much better, maybe even asking batman for help)

2.Supes due to Superman's being extremely angry and Sentry being stable

3.Sentry because of Void

#41 Posted by Pokeysteve (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

I remember the fight well. She didn't want to hurt him and it was almost entirely defensive on her part. She takes everything he has. The few times she actually engages him she knocks him around. Couple good kicks, she dodges him easily, and turns his strengths against him. I don't really consider the tiara. He can avoid the lasso but not the tiara. Something is off there. Anyways, if she was actually trying to hurt him she could. This isn't about WW and Supes though. He can beat Sentry.

#42 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

I remember the fight well. She didn't want to hurt him and it was almost entirely defensive on her part. She takes everything he has. The few times she actually engages him she knocks him around. Couple good kicks, she dodges him easily, and turns his strengths against him. I don't really consider the tiara. He can avoid the lasso but not the tiara. Something is off there. Anyways, if she was actually trying to hurt him she could. This isn't about WW and Supes though. He can beat Sentry.

She never gained the upper hand until she used a lethal attack, that of throwing her tiara at him. Superman got in more, better licks like belting her from the sun to Earth, using heat vision on her and snapping her wrist. All Diana did was slow him down. All the bracelet tactic and good kicks that you talk about was just to slow him down. She couldn't stop him so she had to get to Lord and get him to break his hold on Superman. In other circumstances, Superman would have recuperated then defeated her.

#43 Posted by Pokeysteve (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

I remember the fight well. She didn't want to hurt him and it was almost entirely defensive on her part. She takes everything he has. The few times she actually engages him she knocks him around. Couple good kicks, she dodges him easily, and turns his strengths against him. I don't really consider the tiara. He can avoid the lasso but not the tiara. Something is off there. Anyways, if she was actually trying to hurt him she could. This isn't about WW and Supes though. He can beat Sentry.

She never gained the upper hand until she used a lethal attack, that of throwing her tiara at him. Superman got in more, better licks like belting her from the sun to Earth, using heat vision on her and snapping her wrist. All Diana did was slow him down. All the bracelet tactic and good kicks that you talk about was just to slow him down. She couldn't stop him so she had to get to Lord and get him to break his hold on Superman. In other circumstances, Superman would have recuperated then defeated her.

She wasn't after the upper hand or trying to stop him. She even says "This isn't about him. It's about Max". Of course Superman would have recuperated but so would she. Look how easy it was for her to get away when she needed too. He was right behind her hahaha but still.

#44 Posted by Z3RO180 (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

im givving this to supes

Online
#45 Posted by kelly101 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

kal-el of krypton wins

#46 Posted by Lvenger (23943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

s out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

I remember the fight well. She didn't want to hurt him and it was almost entirely defensive on her part. She takes everything he has. The few times she actually engages him she knocks him around. Couple good kicks, she dodges him easily, and turns his strengths against him. I don't really consider the tiara. He can avoid the lasso but not the tiara. Something is off there. Anyways, if she was actually trying to hurt him she could. This isn't about WW and Supes though. He can beat Sentry.

She never gained the upper hand until she used a lethal attack, that of throwing her tiara at him. Superman got in more, better licks like belting her from the sun to Earth, using heat vision on her and snapping her wrist. All Diana did was slow him down. All the bracelet tactic and good kicks that you talk about was just to slow him down. She couldn't stop him so she had to get to Lord and get him to break his hold on Superman. In other circumstances, Superman would have recuperated then defeated her.

She wasn't after the upper hand or trying to stop him. She even says "This isn't about him. It's about Max". Of course Superman would have recuperated but so would she. Look how easy it was for her to get away when she needed too. He was right behind her hahaha but still.

You're forgetting she called some birds on Superman to distract him as well. And like you said he was still right behind her. This is exactly what I'm saying. She went after Lord because she knew she could never beat Superman if it came down to that. Lord said that he'd have Superman keep coming after her and the fight would continue to the death. Diana has also admitted in the issues of Superman preceding this fight that Superman was the strongest of them all. That definitely implies Diana thinks he's stronger than her with good reason. But we're getting off topic now. This is for the Superman vs Wonder Woman forum, not the Sentry battle.

#47 Posted by Pokeysteve (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

She wasn't after the upper hand or trying to stop him. She even says "This isn't about him. It's about Max". Of course Superman would have recuperated but so would she. Look how easy it was for her to get away when she needed too. He was right behind her hahaha but still.

You're forgetting she called some birds on Superman to distract him as well. And like you said he was still right behind her. This is exactly what I'm saying. She went after Lord because she knew she could never beat Superman if it came down to that. Lord said that he'd have Superman keep coming after her and the fight would continue to the death. Diana has also admitted in the issues of Superman preceding this fight that Superman was the strongest of them all. That definitely implies Diana thinks he's stronger than her with good reason. But we're getting off topic now. This is for the Superman vs Wonder Woman forum, not the Sentry battle.

Didn't forget. She used her abilities. I don't know how you took that fight as her doubting herself. She flat out says it isn't about Superman. She rarely ever wants to fight anyone.

#48 Posted by baron2011 (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

1.superman

2.superman

3.superboy prime easy as hell

#49 Posted by DocFatalis (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Lvenger said:

@StMichalofWilson: Have you seen an extremely angry Superman? He knocked Wonder Woman around like a rag doll and would have no qualms in using his power to its full. He takes all the rounds.

When? She usually comes out just fine while not even trying to hurt him.

Oh really? Remember these scans?

The notable fight in Wonder Woman 219. Here we see a mind controlled bloodlusted Superman go all out on Wonder Woman who he thinks is Doomsday and has killed his wife. Suffice to say, she doesn't bear up well compared to previous encounters. Even the lethal tiara neck slice only slows him down whilst his healing factor repairs the damage. Note how she says that she barely holds back in that fight and she's still getting knocked around. Yes I know she came out alive but she didn't gain an upper hand or barely managed to hold her own in the fight.

Now I'm not trying to diminish Wonder Woman by this. I'm using her in a battle forum tournament so I've been researching her many impressive feats. But although she's in the same class as Superman in terms of strength, speed and durability, she's not superior to him in any of those classes.

I remember the fight well. She didn't want to hurt him and it was almost entirely defensive on her part. She takes everything he has. The few times she actually engages him she knocks him around. Couple good kicks, she dodges him easily, and turns his strengths against him. I don't really consider the tiara. He can avoid the lasso but not the tiara. Something is off there. Anyways, if she was actually trying to hurt him she could. This isn't about WW and Supes though. He can beat Sentry.

She never gained the upper hand until she used a lethal attack, that of throwing her tiara at him. Superman got in more, better licks like belting her from the sun to Earth, using heat vision on her and snapping her wrist. All Diana did was slow him down. All the bracelet tactic and good kicks that you talk about was just to slow him down. She couldn't stop him so she had to get to Lord and get him to break his hold on Superman. In other circumstances, Superman would have recuperated then defeated her.

That, I agree with entirely.

#50 Posted by NeonGameWave (11536 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins all three rounds.