• 68 results
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hawk

Would she still his powers.....? Both strong and fly....all she has to do is touch him....not even hit just touch. Who wins?

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hawk

Andferne says:

"Wow I must be behind big time. I didnt know Rogue lost her strength, speed, and flight abilties she got from Ms Marvel. When did this happen?"

Me either....I wouldn't have posted it other wise

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

Wow I must be behind big time. I didnt know Rogue lost her strength, speed, and flight abilties she got from Ms Marvel. When did this happen?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

That sux.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hawk

Jubilee got powers....last i read she had sparklers?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

They just seem to be F$%&ing up everywhere.

Spidey OMD, Caps death, Rogue loseing those powers, Didnt like them killing Quasar neither. Sure theres others Im forgetting atm too.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hawk

Lame.....she should go be a gymnist

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hawk

once again Sparklers ......really, she comic relief....like the moth in the Tick.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Colt Python says:

"Hawk says:
"once again Sparklers ......really, she comic relief....like the moth in the Tick."
She never shot sparklers and she wasn't comic relief.She shot plasmoids and she was once the leader of Generation X and as she got older she was a very dangerous mutant because she gained new powers and the ones she had got stronger."

Damn dude, I'm behind on Jubes, I hate being overseas. I appriciate how marvels giving her more of her Chinese features now.

Anyway, Supes wins with his speedblitz. But, I don't think we should forget, currently Rougues leeching powers result in instant death.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn

Superman wins. He is just too fast and strong for Rogue

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Titan3510

If Rogue had Ms. Marvel's strength, speed and invulnerability like back in the day, it would be a better fight. Rogue with Sunfire's powers is pretty strong but not like she used to be. Plus, as crazy as she is now on the borderline of insanity, she can be very dangerous but is not clear in the head. But considering that Superman does not wear gloves and will most likely punch Rogue in the face, I'd say that it would go to Rogue and it would kill Superman.

I don't know. It's up in the air for me. It could go either way.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Supreme Marvel

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Colt Python says:
"Hawk says:
"once again Sparklers ......really, she comic relief....like the moth in the Tick."
She never shot sparklers and she wasn't comic relief.She shot plasmoids and she was once the leader of Generation X and as she got older she was a very dangerous mutant because she gained new powers and the ones she had got stronger."

But, I don't think we should forget, currently Rougues leeching powers result in instant death."

that's not certain. Invulnerability could stop that. or even the Kryptonian physiology.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Titan3510

Supreme Marvel says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Colt Python says:
"Hawk says:
But, I don't think we should forget, currently Rougues leeching powers result in instant death."
that's not certain. Invulnerability could stop that. or even the Kryptonian physiology."

WHAT?!

Since when has invulnerability stood in Rogue's way of absorbing somebody. She has absorbed some qualities of Loki before. And as for him being alien, that's just bull. She has absorbed the powers of multiple alien races from the Skrull to the Shi'Ar to the Kree to the N'garai things that live in the X-men's backyard. Absorbing aliens might have not been the best thing to do for Rogue, but it's worked.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Elemental says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Colt Python says:
"Hawk says:
that's not certain. Invulnerability could stop that. or even the Kryptonian physiology."

WHAT?!

Since when has invulnerability stood in Rogue's way of absorbing somebody. She has absorbed some qualities of Loki before. And as for him being alien, that's just bull. She has absorbed the powers of multiple alien races from the Skrull to the Shi'Ar to the Kree to the N'garai things that live in the X-men's backyard. Absorbing aliens might have not been the best thing to do for Rogue, but it's worked."

sups has a force field that stretches a few inches from his body. am just saying that could help prevent the absorbing thing.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Zoom

Why do people always over estimate classic Rogue.

Sabertooth has taken her out one on one without any deus ex stuff.

He just flat out surprised her and beat her down before she had a chance to fight back. This has happened with plenty of other characters who aren't anywhere near Superman level in terms of speed or strength.

Rogue only uses her absorbtion as a last ditch effort and by the time she decides to use it she'll already be unconscious.

And it isn't like Superman hasn't beaten another power absorber (Parasite) time and time again.

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean he is touching Todays Byrne Version of Superman is like touching a 3 inches armour?Because it is explained that Modern Age Version of Superman gains his invulnerability from his invisible bio-electric skintight aura.Maybe Rogue couldn't really touch him?Who knows?

Eraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eraser

Superman has defeated Parasite on many occasions, and in my opinion he is more of a threat than Rogue in her current state could be.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Titan3510

Rogue is half-dead and then some anyway. But if she wasn't, her absorption powers have increased tenfold. Plus, she is crazy now. ANd she has Sunfire's powers to absorb solar energy to use a radoactive fire. So couldn't she sap Superman of his power anyway. If Superman punches Rogue in the face he is dead.

I know I sound like a fanboy but Superman is ridicously overpowered anyway.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vulcanmax

I am with Elemental on this. Rogue's absorption powers are off the chart.

She absorbs every single aspect of whomever she is touching or whomever is touching her !!! Supes aura would be included in what she takes from him. Whereas before she had to hold on. Now it's simple touch and buh-bye. The woman is infected with Strain 88 and took out a Hectacomb which is basically a psionic parasite bomb made by the Shi'ar with one sole purpose absorb every single organism. not sure who this Parasite guy is that is being referred to but while in a fight with the for lack of a better expression Ms Marvel-Rogue Supes could win.

Current Strain 88-Rogue is a whole different ball game cause even his super-breath or what ever the name is wouldn't work cause she can use Sunfire's power and stand her ground same with his infra-red beam. touching her is not an option for even if he doesn't instantly die from their contact she will have absorbed some fractions of his powers and this will again help prolonging the battle.

Doomhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Doomhunter

Vulcanmax says:

"I am with Elemental on this. Rogue's absorption powers are off the chart.She absorbs every single aspect of whomever she is touching or whomever is _touching her_ !!! Supes aura would be included in what she takes from him. Whereas before she had to hold on. Now it's simple touch and buh-bye. The woman is infected with Strain 88 and took out a Hectacomb which is basically a psionic parasite bomb made by the Shi'ar with one sole purpose absorb every single organism. not sure who this Parasite guy is that is being referred to but while in a fight with the for lack of a better expression Ms Marvel-Rogue Supes could win.Current Strain 88-Rogue is a whole different ball game cause even his super-breath or what ever the name is wouldn't work cause she can use Sunfire's power and stand her ground same with his infra-red beam. touching her is not an option for even if he doesn't instantly die from their contact she will have absorbed some fractions of his powers and this will again help prolonging the battle. "

You have certainly a point there....dude...

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Superman was fighting someone,the creators really forgets to display all of his abilities.What really annoys me is that most of his writers seem to forget his other offensive abilities, even when they would come in handy. In the latest Superman issue, where he's fighting a bajillion bugs, you would think this would be a good time to use his super breath or arctic breath. These two powers are just perfect when dealing with large numbers. Between Superman's speed (which he can use to create strong winds in whichever direction he wants), breath powers, and heat vision, he has the abilities to take on scores of enemies. Yet, in this battle, which, as far as he was concerned, was a fight to the death (his death anyhow), since he has to assume they will kill him if they knock him out, he uses none of these abilities. Why not? How useful they would have been. When was the last time Superman used his breath powers in battle? It is so rare, and it's frustrating. It's this array of powers that adds to his mysique. He has so many abilities that allow him to either fight scores of enemies, or fight from a distance, or do both. And only his heat vision is ever used with any relative consistency. And even that is shown here and there. It's certainly frustrating.

Superman could freeze or kill Rogue with his Super Breath and Heat Vision.If the creators were to display those powers.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hawk

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"When Superman was fighting someone,the creators really forgets to display all of his abilities.What really annoys me is that most of his writers seem to forget his other offensive abilities, even when they would come in handy. In the latest Superman issue, where he's fighting a bajillion bugs, you would think this would be a good time to use his super breath or arctic breath. These two powers are just perfect when dealing with large numbers. Between Superman's speed (which he can use to create strong winds in whichever direction he wants), breath powers, and heat vision, he has the abilities to take on scores of enemies. Yet, in this battle, which, as far as he was concerned, was a fight to the death (his death anyhow), since he has to assume they will kill him if they knock him out, he uses none of these abilities. Why not? How useful they would have been. When was the last time Superman used his breath powers in battle? It is so rare, and it's frustrating. It's this array of powers that adds to his mysique. He has so many abilities that allow him to either fight scores of enemies, or fight from a distance, or do both. And only his heat vision is ever used with any relative consistency. And even that is shown here and there. It's certainly frustrating. Superman could freeze or kill Rogue with his Super Breath and Heat Vision.If the creators were to display those powers."

What is furstating....is that Superman's creator didn't have the forsight to see that they made him too powerful. He doesn't have a good weakness. (dang rock is hard to find) Every power you could want he has......they don't use these powers cause who wants to see Super beat everyone in the first 3 pages of a comic.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Colt Python says:

"I think Multiple Man is dead and if so i'm pissed about that...."

Multiple Man is not dead. Also, some of your other stuff isn't recent so it's not like all of it happening right now. Took me 16 days to correct that because I didn't look at this thread since the fight is complete foolishness. Neither old nor current Rogue could take Superman. Her very best chance would be her current form since Strain 88 lets her kill with a touch, but even then she'd have to be fast enough to catch him even if he did nothing to actually fight back and just ran away. Laser vision, ice breath or just blowing her to death are three simple ways he could beat her without even needing to consider the danger touching her might present. I could right page after page about Rogue's inability to actually hurt Superman, but it really isn't necessary. So, just so everyone's on the same page, Multiple Man is not dead. Now that I've addressed the only thing worth commenting on in this thread, you may carry on.

Actually, one more thing worth commenting on. Saw it right before I posted.

Hawk says:

"(dang rock is hard to find)"

Incorrect. Kryptonite is everywhere.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Buckshot says:

"
"(dang rock is hard to find) "
Incorrect. Kryptonite is *everywhere*. "

i hear in Batman and Superman, that there trying to get rid of it all. Maybe Bats will have only one. I also saw during the Superman Year One that Lex had a lot of K.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Post Deleted.

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Phoenix God

If I was Rogue (and still had the absorbing powers) I would get on a rooftop only in a bikini and throw myself off so Superman would save me. Then I would grab him and absorb everything I could. However, even then, Superman wins. But, well, even then, I have to admit, the visual was nice.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Static Shock

Supreme Marvel says:

"that's not certain. Invulnerability could stop that. or even the Kryptonian physiology."

It is certain. Invulnerability doesn't mean your powers can't get

sucked from you. I mean no disrespect, but that has to be the worst

logic I have heard all day.

Hawk says:

"dang rock is hard to find"

Read Batman/Superman #44 and tell me what you find.
Post Edited:2008-01-23 13:02:20
Post Edited:2008-01-23 13:02:48

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I thought #44 was when they would embark on the mission. They haven't actually collected it all, have they?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Overpowered Superfruit.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rotten gun

she could win if she sets up superman to think he's saving a distressed or injured woman, if i was her i'd lay half naked in a staged accident, as soon as he comes to help and touches her she has the possibilty of draining his power?

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tevnoba

Anyway, Supes wins with his speedblitz. But, I don't think we should forget, currently Rougues leeching powers result in instant death."

If the last part of that is true, and if it would work on Supes, then Rouge . . .and here is why:

Supes is not going to all out attacker her, if he has a reason to bring her down, he would try to "Capture and Hold" her, then she touches him and it is all over. This of course is taking personalities into account and not just raw power.

If it comes down to only capability then Supes wins (even though I do not like him).

Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about absorbing powers.But could Rogue really absorbs an alien powers?

Because it is stated in THIS website's encyclopedia that Rogue touch's couldn't effect some those alien species.

"It is also worth noting that there are a few people whom Rogue cannot absorb the abilities of. Basically, they can be split in three different groups: non-living organic beings (i.e. robots), some alien species, and individuals with power negation / draining."

Probably he can't drains Superman's powers?Who knows?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zoom

Good point, SBP.

Why didn't we think of that earlier? :-D

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stormlover1994

If they fight the only way he could know she has touch absorption powers is if he searched her profile and I doubt he would do that if he is in a surprise fight so if he doesn't know about her powers she would win in a land slide if he does then she could be in big trouble with his breath and heat vision and stuff.

BUT ITS TRUE, HE IS OVERPOWERED every superhero has good weakness and his is Krypton, ohhh come on that's the stupidest thing Ive ever heard

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Waffle Fries

Rogue has to touch superman to kill him...superman doesnt have to touch rogue to kill her ie: breath, heatvision. If supe's had no idea what was going on and rogue was able to get a hold of him for a second or two... but other then that rogue would just be outmatched.

And could rogue steal Supe's powers? It's not some mutant gene... It's sun light charging his alien body like a battery. could rogue absorb sunlight? She could probly get his memories and stuff, but how long would it take? How long would her touch take to kill him?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zoom
stormlover1994 said:
"if he doesn't know about her powers she would win in a land slide"
*cough*fanboy*coughcough*
Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andras

Superman sighs and blows her away

:P

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Triumphant

Supes ftw

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Magicalmoment

supes ftw

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By stormlover1994
Zoom said:
"stormlover1994 said:
*cough*fanboy*coughcough*"

No im not, everybody in this forum says that to everyone, well for your information I just like Rogue and I think she has a chance, you could say im a fanboy of Storm but not a fanboy of Rogue, otherwise my name would have been Roguelover1994. And please just accept that everybody has diferent opinions and points of view. So could you please stop replying everybody's opinion that you dont like? Thank you.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By geraldthesloth

Superman Curbstomps rogue

whoever decided she was a threat too him was not very smart

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom
stormlover1994 said:
"please just accept that everybody has diferent opinions and points of view. So could you please stop replying everybody's opinion that you dont like? Thank you."
Theres a difference between an opinion that I don't agree with and an opinion that is flat out wrong.

Fact: Rogue can fly pretty fast while Superman flies at nearly the speed of light.
Fact: Superman can pull the planet with his strength.  Rogue can't even lift 100 tons.
Fact: Sabertooth with his minor superhuman strength (and a tree) was able to take Rogue down in three blows.

It is very easy to see that Superman, being well over 100 times faster than Rogue will be able to get the first hit off.
It is also very easy to see that Superman can knock Rogue out with one punch.

Your opinion, that Rogue can beat Superman, is wrong.  It is not just wrong, it is ridiculous.

When you post something ridiculous on the internet, you're going to get called out for it.  Now you can either whine about people calling you a fanboy and ask people to please respect your opinion and then watch them continue to call you a fanboy and continue to disrespect your opinion OR you can learn from it and stop saying ridiculous things.  Lurk moar.  Read moar.  Learn what is true and people won't antagonize you.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hawk
Zoom said:
"stormlover1994 said:
"please just accept that everybody has diferent opinions and points of view. So could you please stop replying everybody's opinion that you dont like? Thank you."
Theres a difference between an opinion that I don't agree with and an opinion that is flat out wrong.Fact: Rogue can fly pretty fast while Superman flies at nearly the speed of light.Fact: Superman can pull the planet with his strength.  Rogue can't even lift 100 tons.Fact: Sabertooth with his minor superhuman strength (and a tree) was able to take Rogue down in three blows.It is very easy to see that Superman, being well over 100 times faster than Rogue will be able to get the first hit off.It is also very easy to see that Superman can knock Rogue out with one punch.Your opinion, that Rogue can beat Superman, is wrong.  It is not just wrong, it is ridiculous.When you post something ridiculous on the internet, you're going to get called out for it.  Now you can either whine about people calling you a fanboy and ask people to please respect your opinion and then watch them continue to call you a fanboy and continue to disrespect your opinion OR you can learn from it and stop saying ridiculous things.  Lurk moar.  Read moar.  Learn what is true and people won't antagonize you."
Well assuming that Rogue can steal his powers the fight is legit.
Superman has a overconfidence issue and he will most like stand there waiting for Rogue to attack.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By loganreme
Zoom said:
"

Why do people always over estimate classic Rogue.

Sabertooth has taken her out one on one without any deus ex stuff.

He just flat out surprised her and beat her down before she had a chance to fight back. This has happened with plenty of other characters who aren't anywhere near Superman level in terms of speed or strength.

Rogue only uses her absorbtion as a last ditch effort and by the time she decides to use it she'll already be unconscious.

And it isn't like Superman hasn't beaten another power absorber (Parasite) time and time again.

"

DJ Diesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DJ Diesel
stormlover1994 said:
"Zoom said:
"stormlover1994 said:
*cough*fanboy*coughcough*"
No im not, everybody in this forum says that to everyone, well for your information I just like Rogue and I think she has a chance, you could say im a fanboy of Storm but not a fanboy of Rogue, otherwise my name would have been Roguelover1994. And please just accept that everybody has diferent opinions and points of view. So could you please stop replying everybody's opinion that you dont like? Thank you."
*cough*whiney fanboi*coughcough*
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zoom
Hawk said:
"Superman has a overconfidence issue and he will most like stand there waiting for Rogue to attack. "

Superman doesn't stand there and wait for people to beat him up and even if he did, that's CIS.

Lord's Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lord's Angel
Zoom said:
"Hawk said:
"Superman has a overconfidence issue and he will most like stand there waiting for Rogue to attack. "

Superman doesn't stand there and wait for people to beat him up and even if he did, that's CIS.

"
CIS?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zoom

Character Induced Stupidity.

We assume that neither character is going to make a ridiculous error like let the other character have a free killing shot.  Though I honestly don't think Rogue touching Superman is gonna kill him right away or stop him from killing her.

Avatar image for theworstdebaterever
TheWorstDebaterEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

curbstomp

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By stormlover1994

ohhh please, its my opinion you are not the comic creator or anything to talk to me like that so stop doing replys to everything you THINK is wrong