• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BigCimmerian (10122 posts) - - Show Bio

- Superman is sundipped for 30 hours and his morals are off

- Thor has Odin Force, but his morals are on

- Battle take place in New York, who wins and why?

VS

#2 Posted by Baldy (4963 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times do we need to do this?

#3 Posted by ShootingNova (21381 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

ODIN FORCE THOR 

#5 Posted by BigCimmerian (10122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

When was Superman sundipped for 30 hours with morals off against Odin Force Thor?

#6 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Baldy said:

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (7961 posts) - - Show Bio

How many ''How many times we need to do this'' posts is this thread going to have??

Any way this is a hard one cause these are my two favorite heros. is this superman Pre-52 or SA?

#8 Posted by Killemall (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

is this superman Pre-52 or SA?

The picture is post crisis - pre 52 Superman i suppose that should be the version.

Odin force schmodine force, thor is still too slow :p

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (10122 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: @Killemall:

Pre 52

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (7961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yes superman is faster but thor has been shown with good reaction time. IMO i dount think th OF is a difing factor in this fight cause in JMS run thor only uses it to make asguard other than that he didnt really use it. so im going to say the fight can go eather way.

#11 Posted by imbackwimps (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#12 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins, Thor isn't fast enough to cope with superman speed blitz capabilities.

#13 Posted by Fottiti (327 posts) - - Show Bio

What is sundipped?

#14 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fottiti said:

What is sundipped?

It means that Superman has gone directly into the sun and is fully charged on solar radiation.

#15 Edited by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Doesn't matter.

OF puts Thor on skyfather level, giving Thor time manipulation. Thor can slow down time to a point to where Superman will be moving slowly as he tries to blitz Thor. And then Thor will remove Superman from existence.

Thor curbstomps.

#16 Posted by richiekhan (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor ---- Magic...

Questions?

#17 Edited by Strider92 (18049 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't care who wins Thor Vs Superman fights anymore.

#18 Posted by isaac_clarke (5842 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not so much the time manipulation that makes this difficult for Superman; Thor gets in some cases a massive durability jump to the point where he can physically tank the Destroyer's (for King Thor - it was the Destroyer near peak levels with Tarene vs Thorforce Thor who tanked Balder in the Destroyer blasting him) despite how prior to the Odinforce said blast would vaporize him.

Time manipulation, the ability to outright remove his opponents from existence, to simply think and have things happen - that's what people are quick to dismiss under the notion of a speed blitz.

Odinforce wins again.

#19 Posted by Saren (27200 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Killemall said:

Doesn't matter.

OF puts Thor on skyfather level, giving Thor time manipulation. Thor can slow down time to a point to where Superman will be moving slowly as he "blitzes" Thor. And then remove Supes from existence.

Thor curbstomps.

Been a while, Maj.

#20 Posted by Nefarious (28716 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we go again.......

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (7961 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: How come this dude keeps poping up. And how am i getting these messages in my inbox when ther are not directed at me...im going to have words with my post man.

#22 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Been a while, Maj.

Been a while since what?

And if wasn't for the Odin Force, Superman would win here.

#23 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@CitizenBane: How come this dude keeps poping up. And how am i getting these messages in my inbox when ther are not directed at me...im going to have words with my post man.

It's happened to me too. The way I ended it was by turning my notifications off.

#24 Posted by jashro44 (30496 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't k4tz say just bump the original thread to discuss the variables of this fight?

#25 Edited by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

During the Imperiex War (I think) Superman sundipped for 15 min. and became 3 times more powerful, 30 hours would make him 360 (if my math doesn't fail me) times more powerful...that's just insane.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Killemall: Yes superman is faster but thor has been shown with good reaction time. IMO i dount think th OF is a difing factor in this fight cause in JMS run thor only uses it to make asguard other than that he didnt really use it. so im going to say the fight can go eather way.

Thor does have some claim to superspeed but its hard to define how fast he is. We have a microsecondS reaction time, while is pretty fast but Superman has nanosecond reaction time which makes him 1000 times faster. Thor has been said to run at superhuman speed but exactly what speed it was has never been stated so its hard to quantify. Also i recall a issue (i am pretty sure i can find the scans its somewhere in my hard-drive), a old one, where thor spins around twice the speed of light and that enables him to time travel, i dont know if spinning around twice the speed of light is considered a reaction speed for battle purpose.

@NerdsFTW said:

Doesn't matter.

OF puts Thor on skyfather level, giving Thor time manipulation. Thor can slow down time to a point to where Superman will be moving slowly as he tries to blitz Thor. And then Thor will remove Superman from existence.

Thor curbstomps.

Well firstly ":p" at the end of the comment should make it easy to identify i was joking. Secondly, skyfather level is hard to say because he doesnt have feats to put him that far up the ladder. Time manipulation is iffy, also Thor normally has time manipulation too (it was taken away from him in 1990s because the writer at the end of the issue said he need Odin's help for time manipulation, but in AvX versus 6 time manipulation was stated as one of the powers of his hammer so that should clerify time manipulation is back for Thor). Thor with OF has never slowed down time, he stopped time for a short period and the event took place in the future so not sure if that counts (The Regining), thor has shown time manipulation without Odin Force too like being able to travel in time and being able to make time stand still in a castle while people inside them were free to move.

Thor with our without Odin Force has never erased anyone out of existence, i know he did state he could do so but he hasnt done it to make it a sure ability to be used in the battle forum, unless you can tell me an instance he has done so.

#27 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12787 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@Killemall said:

Doesn't matter.

OF puts Thor on skyfather level, giving Thor time manipulation. Thor can slow down time to a point to where Superman will be moving slowly as he "blitzes" Thor. And then remove Supes from existence.

Thor curbstomps.

Been a while, Maj.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ........ thats maj99 incognito?? .... what happened to him, is he trying to make good on his promise to leave but secretly come back, or did he get banned???

#28 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ancient_0f_Days: It seems to be a common theme these days for users to go absolutely insane and troll as hard as they can to get banned, only to come back and pretend nothing happened. Very peculiar behavior.
#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12787 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: It seems to be a common theme these days for users to go absolutely insane and troll as hard as they can to get banned, only to come back and pretend nothing happened. Very peculiar behavior.

yeah ..... like what happened to Dex-Starr .........

#30 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ........ thats maj99 incognito?? .... what happened to him, is he trying to make good on his promise to leave but secretly come back, or did he get banned???

Yes it's me.

@texasdeathmatch said:

Not really, I was just f*cked up at the time.

#31 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Hah yep, exactly, as well as users that are masters of weapons...and swords. 

@NerdsFTW
Oh okay, then that makes it excusable.
#32 Posted by Phylos (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle Forum loses once again, due to repetitive matches.

#33 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

Battle Forum loses once again, due to repetitive matches.

Most of which are locked.

Anyway, without the Odin Force, Thor vs Superman should go a little something like this:

#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12787 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Hah yep, exactly, as well as users that are masters of weapons...and swords.

lol that troll swordmaster got sent to ban land huh ....... he gave me some trouble last month..... cant say im sad to find out he's gone haha

#35 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ancient_0f_Days: Hah unfortunately, I don't think he's banned yet.
#36 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: @Ancient_0f_Days: Swordmaster isn't banned.

#37 Posted by Fantomex13 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Thor could beat Superman without Odinforce, so obviously Thor would win with Odinforce.

#38 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12787 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Hah unfortunately, I don't think he's banned yet.

damn ... got my hopes up and everything ....

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Here we go again.......
#40 Posted by LONGTIME (924 posts) - - Show Bio

again and again and again...
#41 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

I feel like Thor could beat Superman without Odinforce, so obviously Thor would win with Odinforce.

#42 Posted by XiiX (12411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

#43 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

No.

#44 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

Odinforce Thor wins as he is as strong as Odin and Odin>Superman

#45 Posted by Fantomex13 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Fantomex13 said:

No.

Why not?

#46 Edited by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13:

One reason: Speed

1. Superman has blitzed Mongul, blitzed Doomsday Rex, blitzed Darkseid, blitzed an Imperiex Probe, blitzed Gog, blitzed Gnarnite, blitzed a Kryptonian strike team, blitzed Deathstroke, blitzed Subjeckt 17, blitzed H/P Doomsday and BFR'd Batman before the Four Horsemen could react.

Where as Thor has never blitzed anyone in his comicbook career. Therefore,

2. Superman has blitzed enough characters for it to be a deciding factor(and the end for Thor) in this fight. And Thor won't be able to react since Superman canreact in nano secondswhere as Thor can onlyreact in micro seconds.

3. And even if reactionary time was equal it wouldn't matter, since Superman utilizes his combat speed alot more than Thor does(Thor possesses combat speed, it's just that he rarely uses it).

#47 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1196 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done to many times.

Still Superman.

#48 Posted by Fantomex13 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Fantomex13:

One reason:Speed

1. Superman has blitzed Mongul, blitzed Doomsday Rex, blitzed Darkseid, blitzed an Imperiex Probe, blitzed Gog, blitzed Gnarnite, blitzed a Kryptonian strike team, blitzed Deathstroke, blitzed Subjeckt 17, blitzed H/P Doomsday and BFR'd Batman before the Four Horsemen could react.

Where as Thor has never blitzed anyone in his comicbook career. Therefore,

2. Superman has blitzed enough characters for it to be a deciding factor(and the end for Thor) in this fight. And Thor won't be able to react since Superman canreact in nano secondswhere as Thor can onlyreact in micro seconds.

3. And even if reactionary time was equal it wouldn't matter, since Superman utilizes his combat speed alot more than Thor does(Thor possesses combat speed, it's just that he rarely uses it).

Very well. But from what I understand, Thor has magic, and Superman is vulnerable to magic. Also Thor's fighting skills are much superior from what I understand.

And I understand Thor doesn't utilize his speed as much, but does he have to utilize it as much?

Other polls, threads, and forums on the internet also suggest that Thor would win. One such example is this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-vs-superman-debate-breakdown/673789/

#49 Posted by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no reason to do another Superman vs Thor Thread. I don't care what special rules you put into place...eventually it comes down to Superman fanboys vs Thor fanboys. 

#50 Posted by NerdsFTW (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fantomex13 said:

Very well. But from what I understand, Thor has magic, and Superman is vulnerable to magic. Also Thor's fighting skills are much superior from what I understand.

And I understand Thor doesn't utilize his speed as much, but does he have to utilize it as much?

Other polls, threads, and forums on the internet also suggest that Thor would win. One such example is this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-vs-superman-debate-breakdown/673789/

1. This is true, but it doesn't matter, because by the time Thor thinks about attacking Superman, Thor will have been blitzed.

2. For it to be considered in character? Yes.

3. I made that thread before I realized about Superman's speed advantage.