superman vs naruto

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jx4gz

Vegeta cant even bust a planet lol

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Klandicar
@Jx4gz said:
" Vegeta cant even bust a planet lol "
I thought we were talking about Vegeto.  They both are far beyond planet busters either way you look at it.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" Vegeta cant even bust a planet lol "
I thought we were talking about Vegeto.  They both are far beyond planet busters either way you look at it. "
Vegeto never destroyed a planet either, even so he still loses badly
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
" So wrong, the energy of one fighter pushes against the energy from the other until one gets hit by the beam (as shown by actual beam struggles in the manga which is > your suggestion).  No explosions necessary, just vaporizations (like cell dying).  All it proves is that Gohan and Cell had an energy struggle and Cell lost.  You want the solar system to blow up after all Gohan's hard work to stop Cell's solar system buster?  Your canon stinks and doesn't exist, sorry.  ;)  I guess you ultimately failed because you tried to apply some sort of real life science to a work of fiction.  The author can do whatever he wants with the energy in that Universe.  If he wants to make it collide with another beam of energy he can and does, he doesnt have to make it explode like you think it should.  Guess your opinion was just trumped by canon in the grand scheme of things.  Thought you would learn your lesson by now TBH. "
again, your scans don't prove anything. when the ends of each of those beams collide, there's a huge impact that creates a shockwave. that is an explosion, if you didn't know. the beam struggles are caused by the two characters channeling a continuous stream of energy after the blast. it has nothing to do with whether the impact causes an explosion or not. the shockwave is proof enough that there is, indeed, an explosion when the two forces collide and send half the people there flying. hell, the best thing they did in that whole saga was level a couple mountains.

so, yes, the beams do explode on collision, and continuous channeling of energy after the explosion is possible in the series, which i'm not discounting. that said, it still didn't manage to destroy the planet.

also, when solar system busters fight, the hero takes the fight away from the solar system. obviously the Z fighters knew Cell was full of shit so they didn't even attempt to do so.

now, like i said, show me scans of any DBZ fighter destroying even a planet, then maybe i'll start taking you seriously.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Klandicar

also, when solar system busters fight, the hero takes the fight away from the solar system. obviously the Z fighters knew Cell was full of shit so they didn't even attempt to do so.

Again you are just sidetracking.  Your argument was that solar system destroying beams collide they should destroy the solar system.  Not true in DBZ.  Here is Vegeta blowing up an earth busting attack from Majin Buu yet there is no earth sized explosion.  He stopped it, plain and simple.

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=6

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=7 

There is Vegeta stopping a planet buster.  The explosion is nothing close to earth destroying because he negated it.   Good game.  Canon rains supreme again. 

now, like i said, show me scans of any DBZ fighter destroying even a planet, then maybe i'll start taking you seriously. 

Serious?  How many times are you going to make me prove you wrong.

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=9

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=11

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=12

Enough dude, just stay down.  ;)

http://www.mangavolume.com/dragon-ball/chapter-dragon-ball-510/

Earth....completely destroyed...listen to the Kai.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jx4gz

Naruto vs SSJ 3 Goku would be a pretty even fight,

CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:

"

Again you are just sidetracking.  Your argument was that solar system destroying beams collide they should destroy the solar system.  Not true in DBZ.  Here is Vegeta blowing up an earth busting attack from Majin Buu yet there is no earth sized explosion.  He stopped it, plain and simple.

There is Vegeta stopping a planet buster.  The explosion is nothing close to earth destroying because he negated it.   Good game.  Canon rains supreme again. 

Serious?  How many times are you going to make me prove you wrong.

Enough dude, just stay down.  ;)

http://www.mangavolume.com/dragon-ball/chapter-dragon-ball-510/  Earth....completely destroyed...listen to the Kai. "
1. it didn't blow up the Earth because it wasn't Earth busting.

2. again, because it wasn't a planet buster.

3. congrats. someone's a planet buster. you finally provided a scan. though, it would hold more weight had i not already stated earlier that attacks like the Spirit Bomb can bust planets.

now, considering there are tons of non-cosmic beings in the Marvel and DCU that can take out the Earth with the flick of a finger, where are the solar system busters? if you want to elevate DBZ fighters to cosmic stature, by all means, show proof.

until then, Vegeto's a planet buster at best and would do well to avoid people like the Green Lanterns or Heralds unless he likes getting his ass kicked.

@Jx4gz said:
" Naruto vs SSJ 3 Goku would be a pretty even fight, "

this is true.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Klandicar

3. congrats. someone's a planet buster. you finally provided a scan. though, it would hold more weight had i not already stated earlier that attacks like the Spirit Bomb can bust planets.

1.  Correction: It didnt blow up the earth because Vegeta stopped it.

2.  Correction: Vegeto and Goku directly stated that it is a planet buster.  Are you saying that the canon is wrong?  Who are you to say what level of attack it was when you aren't even the author and the characters already clarified it was a planet buster.  Kind of an arrogant guy IMO.  Anyway....

3.  Concession accepted.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
"

1.  Correction: It didnt blow up the earth because Vegeta stopped it.  2.  Correction: Vegeto and Goku directly stated that it is a planet buster.  Are you saying that the canon is wrong?  Who are you to say what level of attack it was when you aren't even the author and the characters already clarified it was a planet buster.  Kind of an arrogant guy IMO.  Anyway.... 3.  Concession accepted. "
1. Correction: it didn't blow up the Earth because it wasn't Earth-busting.

2. Correction: Vegeto and Goku stated it. ok. we're gonna do this again? then that must mean Sentry is as strong as Galactus since Spiderman says so.

No Caption Provided
3. werd. now i want solar system busting feats, stat.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Klandicar

Do you have a good reason why you are doubting Vegeta and Goku's assessment of a DBZ energy blast from a character they were battling for dozens of chapters?  Do you have more information than the canon statement that it is an Earth Busting attack?  If not then you can't change the fact that it is confirmed as an earth buster by the canon.  That is how canon statements work.

2. Correction: Vegeto and Goku stated it. ok. we're gonna do this again? then that must mean Sentry is as strong as Galactus since Spiderman says so.

Considering Buu proved his planet busting power and you admitted it I don't think you have any reason to doubt their word that the attack was a planet buster other than the sake of argument and trying to save face. 

The reason why you don't believe Spider man is because Sentry is nowhere near Galactus's level, correct?  Because Spiderman said something questionable, we should automatically question a CANON statement made by Vegeta and Goku about the level of that energy blast?  Can you give a good reason why?  What makes you doubt their word in particular?  If not, you really can't beat the canon with your own opinion.  You aren't credible, the heroes in the manga who stopped the planet buster from the certified planet buster villain are.

then that must mean Sentry is as strong as Galactus since Spiderman says so.

I analyzed your interpretation of those spider man scans and I dont want to be mean but you clearly aren't reading it right.  Spiderman doesnt say that Sentry is as strong as Galactus, does he?  He says he once fought him to a standstill. 

Examples of fighting someone to a standstill
1) It could mean he fought Galactus to a stand still with others helping him OR
2) A power boost  OR
3) he fought a starving Galactus

Please investigate and find what Spiderman is talking about for us since you brought it up.  Still isn't reason to doubt a canon statement with an on-screen canon feat from Vegeta about the level of a DBZ blast.  Spider man is not Vegeta after all...Marvel is not DBZ.

CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:

"

Do you have a good reason why you are doubting Vegeta and Goku's assessment of a DBZ energy blast from a character they were battling for dozens of chapters?  Do you have more information than the canon statement that it is an Earth Busting attack?  If not then you can't change the fact that it is confirmed as an earth buster by the canon.  That is how canon statements work.

Considering Buu proved his planet busting power and you admitted it I don't think you have any reason to doubt their word that the attack was a planet buster other than the sake of argument and trying to save face. 

The reason why you don't believe Spider man is because Sentry is nowhere near Galactus's level, correct?  Because Spiderman said something questionable, we should automatically question a CANON statement made by Vegeta and Goku about the level of that energy blast?  Can you give a good reason why?  What makes you doubt their word in particular?  If not, you really can't beat the canon with your own opinion.  You aren't credible, the heroes in the manga who stopped the planet buster from the certified planet buster villain are.

"
no, i believe Buu used a planet busting attack in that scan because, well, he destroyed a planet with it. it's as simple as that, really. Vegeta and Goku's assessment means about as much as the Spiderman scan says about Sentry, and what Spiderman says is canon. words don't win fights, actions do; and that action did not destroy a planet with that blast.

your logic leads you to believe that just because he destroyed a planet with one blast means all his attacks are planet busting. wrong. you act like DBZ fighters can pull out planet busters out of their asses, when really they have to charge and absorb energy before being able to fire one that powerful. only about 1-5% of the attacks used in DBZ are actually planet busters. just because one of them does, doesn't mean all of them do.

anyway, i'm leaving work early. catch everyone tomorrow or something.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Klandicar

no, i believe Buu used a planet busting attack in that scan because, well, he destroyed a planet with it. it's as simple as that, really. Vegeta and Goku's assessment means about as much as the Spiderman scan says about Sentry, and what Spiderman says is canon. words don't win fights, actions do; and that action did not destroy a planet with that blast.

your logic leads you to believe that just because he destroyed a planet with one blast means all his attacks are planet busting. wrong. you act like DBZ fighters can pull out planet busters out of their asses, when really they have to charge and absorb energy before being able to fire one that powerful. only about 1-5% of the attacks used in DBZ are actually planet busters. just because one of them does, doesn't mean all of them do.

No, the attack was planet busting because Vegeta and Goku specifically said in the manga  "hey, this attack is an earth buster" and then  Vegeta quickly stops it.

The claim:  The energy blast fired by Buu can destroy the Earth. 

The evidence:  Vegeta and Goku's direct statement (canon characters who KNOW energy blasts), Vegeta's panicked reaction to stop it, Buu's next blast destroyed the planet anyway.

For the claim to be true, it does not have to connect and have the intended effect, especially with heroes on the job.  If superman stopped a comet before it hit Earth your logic would be that he didn't save the earth since it didn't happen.   In other words, an attack could be a planet buster without destroying the planet if it has evidence in the canon of it being at that level.  I think you are letting your hatred of DBZ cloud your judgement and it really impairs your logic I noticed.  

Not to nitpick too much but here is an example of how impaired your logic is getting.

Your argument on this thread was that Cell's attack wasn't a solar system buster because the heroes didn't lead/take him out of the solar system.   Here is what you said.

So in other words, the heroes can tell how powerful an attack is according to you.  Yet you will ignore the fact that Vegeta directly stated that Buu's attack was planet busting and quickly stopped it.  

So Capita...did I just catch your double standard logic in action?  I think I did.  Using arguments only when they are convenient for you then dropping them when they are not is pretty shady brother.  ;)
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jx4gz

As much as I do enjoy watching Capita make Klandicar soil himself over and over
Superman wins here, just like he slaughters the entire DBZ cast

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Klandicar
@Jx4gz said:
" As much as I do enjoy watching Capita make Klandicar soil himself over and over Superman wins here, just like he slaughters the entire DBZ cast "
We decided Superman beat Naruto on the first page.  Nice eyes.

Heh...what do you bring to this thread besides popping in to say a one liner between our posts?  Shoulda named yourself parrot if you wanted to do that.  Link a troll spray picture for yourself (I think you were the kid linking those b4).
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" As much as I do enjoy watching Capita make Klandicar soil himself over and over Superman wins here, just like he slaughters the entire DBZ cast "
We decided Superman beat Naruto on the first page.  Nice eyes. Heh...what do you bring to this thread besides popping in to say a one liner between our posts?  Shoulda named yourself parrot if you wanted to do that.  Link a troll spray picture for yourself (I think you were the kid linking those b4). "
Naw, I just enjoy watching you make an ass out of yourself, you are too funny, why stop now?
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Klandicar
@Jx4gz said:

" @Klandicar said:

" @Jx4gz said:
We decided Superman beat Naruto on the first page.  Nice eyes. Heh...what do you bring to this thread besides popping in to say a one liner between our posts?  Shoulda named yourself parrot if you wanted to do that.  Link a troll spray picture for yourself (I think you were the kid linking those b4). "
Naw, I just enjoy watching you make an ass out of yourself, you are too funny, why stop now? "
Look man, I thought I was a pretty well respected individual here and I know the boys over at Anime Vice appreciate my keen insight.  Lot of them use the anime feats, I'm all about the canon truth.  That is why I used to be called "The Cold Hard Canon" on comic forums...
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
" @Jx4gz said:

" @Klandicar said:

" @Jx4gz said:
Naw, I just enjoy watching you make an ass out of yourself, you are too funny, why stop now? "
Look man, I thought I was a pretty well respected individual here and I know the boys over at Anime Vice appreciate my keen insight.  Lot of them use the anime feats, I'm all about the canon truth.  That is why I used to be called "The Cold Hard Canon" on comic forums... "
Of course people on Animevice would appreciate you, because they love anime and will choose anime over comic characters to win each and everytime. That holds no validity over there.

I went have an account on Animevice, and the people there are pretty ignorant and close minded, they ignore facts just like you do, and no matter what they wont admit when a character they like loses, again just like you...

Animevice is basically a place that was made so Anime fans can stop whining when their favorite DBZ and Naruto characters get owned on the comic forums.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Klandicar

Of course people on Animevice would appreciate you, because they love anime and will choose anime over comic characters to win each and everytime. That holds no validity over there.

I went have an account on Animevice, and the people there are pretty ignorant and close minded, they ignore facts just like you do, and no matter what they wont admit when a character they like loses, again just like you...

Animevice is basically a place that was made so Anime fans can stop whining when their favorite DBZ and Naruto characters get owned on the comic forums.

How am I close minded?  I go by the canon truth as in I use manga aka japanese comics for the claims I make....  I'll admit Captain Marvel is not my favorite character but I still gave him consideration before I said Vegeta wins this.  You guys just don't know how powerful these suped up Saiyans can get when they go all out it seems but I can't hold that against you.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (which is what 99.9% of battle threads are).

Your statement in itself was close minded.

People are ignorant and close minded because they dont pick the same characters as you on the thread?  What would be the point of these battles then?  A pep rally for Captain marvel in this case?  Don't make the forums a boring place sir...
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
"

How am I close minded?  I go by the canon truth as in I use manga aka japanese comics for the claims I make....  I'll admit Captain Marvel is not my favorite character but I still gave him consideration before I said Vegeta wins this.  You guys just don't know how powerful these suped up Saiyans can get when they go all out it seems but I can't hold that against you.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (which is what 99.9% of battle threads are).

Your statement in itself was close minded.

People are ignorant and close minded because they dont pick the same characters as you on the thread?  What would be the point of these battles then?  A pep rally for Captain marvel in this case?  Don't make the forums a boring place sir... "
No, your are a fanboy, you keep ignoring facts. Not just on fights with anime characters but all threads in general, you ignore facts and refuse to acknowledge the truth even when its been proven time and time again to you.

Its because of people like you, that anime fans have a bad name everywhere and are looked down apon
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Klandicar

No, your are a fanboy, you keep ignoring facts. Not just on fights with anime characters but all threads in general, you ignore facts and refuse to acknowledge the truth even when its been proven time and time again to you.

Its because of people like you, that anime fans have a bad name everywhere and are looked down apon 

What facts am I ignoring again?  I don't think you even know what you are talking about and just feel like yelling at someone.  Heheh, what a bitter person.  ;)
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
"

What facts am I ignoring again?  I don't think you even know what you are talking about and just feel like yelling at someone.  Heheh, what a bitter person.  ;) "
No I am just realistic, no one respects you or cares about what you say, you always ignore facts and therefore everything you say is invalid and your opinions are worthless. Run back to animevice now, I'm sure their are many like minded trolls for you to socialize with.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Klandicar
@Jx4gz said:
" @Klandicar said:
"

What facts am I ignoring again?  I don't think you even know what you are talking about and just feel like yelling at someone.  Heheh, what a bitter person.  ;) "
No I am just realistic, no one respects you or cares about what you say, you always ignore facts and therefore everything you say is invalid and your opinions are worthless. Run back to animevice now, I'm sure their are many like minded trolls for you to socialize with. "

Whew, let's just cool down a bit dude.   You seem a bit hot under the collar.  It is just a battle thread, let's chill.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jx4gz
@Klandicar said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @Klandicar said:
"

No I am just realistic, no one respects you or cares about what you say, you always ignore facts and therefore everything you say is invalid and your opinions are worthless. Run back to animevice now, I'm sure their are many like minded trolls for you to socialize with. "
 Whew, let's just cool down a bit dude.   You seem a bit hot under the collar.  It is just a battle thread, let's chill. "
I think its time for you to leave
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Klandicar

I think its time for you to leave 

I disagree.
DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DaMan

Very entertaining thead.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FLCL1
@Noah Kenshiki said:
"Superman flicks Naruto  Game over "
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By WindCloud

Silver Age Superman will solo the whole Naruto universe.

CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
" Your argument on this thread was that Cell's attack wasn't a solar system buster because the heroes didn't lead/take him out of the solar system.   Here is what you said.

So in other words, the heroes can tell how powerful an attack is according to you.  Yet you will ignore the fact that Vegeta directly stated that Buu's attack was planet busting and quickly stopped it.    So Capita...did I just catch your double standard logic in action?  I think I did.  Using arguments only when they are convenient for you then dropping them when they are not is pretty shady brother.  ;) "
actually, you're reading into my post way too much. i'm sorry, but if someone tells Surfer or Superman, "this coming attack, this one that i'm taking my sweet time charging up, can destroy the solar system," they sure as hell are going to take the fight out of the solar system. the fact that obviously the Z fighters are strong enough to fight Cell shows that they don't consider him as threatening as he says he is. so, what double standard are you talking about? any person in his right mind, who actually knows wtf they're doing, wouldn't risk having whatever it is they're trying to protect blow up in their faces. especially when someone blatantly says, "hey, this attack is a solar system buster." doesn't mean they acknowledge it, but they sure as hell aren't willing to find out unless they know themselves that:

if they != solar system busters but can almost = Cell, then Cell != solar system buster

got it? good. my flight's late. and i'm cranky.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WindCloud
@CAPiTA said:
" @Klandicar said:
" Your argument on this thread was that Cell's attack wasn't a solar system buster because the heroes didn't lead/take him out of the solar system.   Here is what you said.

So in other words, the heroes can tell how powerful an attack is according to you.  Yet you will ignore the fact that Vegeta directly stated that Buu's attack was planet busting and quickly stopped it.    So Capita...did I just catch your double standard logic in action?  I think I did.  Using arguments only when they are convenient for you then dropping them when they are not is pretty shady brother.  ;) "
actually, you're reading into my post way too much. i'm sorry, but if someone tells Surfer or Superman, "this coming attack, this one that i'm taking my sweet time charging up, can destroy the solar system," they sure as hell are going to take the fight out of the solar system. the fact that obviously the Z fighters are strong enough to fight Cell shows that they don't consider him as threatening as he says he is. so, what double standard are you talking about? any person in his right mind, who actually knows wtf they're doing, wouldn't risk having whatever it is they're trying to protect blow up in their faces. especially when someone blatantly says, "hey, this attack is a solar system buster." doesn't mean they acknowledge it, but they sure as hell aren't willing to find out unless they know themselves that:  if they != solar system busters but can almost = Cell, then Cell != solar system buster  got it? good. my flight's late. and i'm cranky. "
Your flight's late and you're cranky ?  LOL !!!  

Where are you flying to, at this time, Capita ?
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jx4gz

He is tired of all you animevice trolls
So am I

CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CAPiTA
@WindCloud said:

" @CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar said:

actually, you're reading into my post way too much. i'm sorry, but if someone tells Surfer or Superman, "this coming attack, this one that i'm taking my sweet time charging up, can destroy the solar system," they sure as hell are going to take the fight out of the solar system. the fact that obviously the Z fighters are strong enough to fight Cell shows that they don't consider him as threatening as he says he is. so, what double standard are you talking about? any person in his right mind, who actually knows wtf they're doing, wouldn't risk having whatever it is they're trying to protect blow up in their faces. especially when someone blatantly says, "hey, this attack is a solar system buster." doesn't mean they acknowledge it, but they sure as hell aren't willing to find out unless they know themselves that:  if they != solar system busters but can almost = Cell, then Cell != solar system buster  got it? good. my flight's late. and i'm cranky. "
Your flight's late and you're cranky ?  LOL !!!    Where are you flying to, at this time, Capita ? "
Mammoth Mountain. only a 2 hour flight but i wanna make it for the morning runs on the slopes. :) i live in Southern California but i'm an avid snowboarder, and we don't get snow here until December, so i go where the snow is.

@Jx4gz said:
" He is tired of all you animevice trolls So am I "

right on the money.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WindCloud
@CAPiTA said:
" @WindCloud said:

" @CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar said:

Your flight's late and you're cranky ?  LOL !!!    Where are you flying to, at this time, Capita ? "
Mammoth Mountain. only a 2 hour flight but i wanna make it for the morning runs on the slopes. :) i live in Southern California but i'm an avid snowboarder, and we don't get snow here until December, so i go where the snow is. "
Awesome !  Have fun and be careful, bro.  Follow the snooooooooooowwwwwwww ..................
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CAPiTA
@WindCloud said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @WindCloud said:

" @CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar said:

Mammoth Mountain. only a 2 hour flight but i wanna make it for the morning runs on the slopes. :) i live in Southern California but i'm an avid snowboarder, and we don't get snow here until December, so i go where the snow is. "
Awesome !  Have fun and be careful, bro.  Follow the snooooooooooowwwwwwww .................. "
hehe, yeah, if my flight ever gets here.
Niko04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Niko04

superman
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By King_Saturn
okay... what happened here ?
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CAPiTA
@King Saturn said:
" okay... what happened here ? "
Naruto somehow turned into Vegeto.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By King_Saturn
@CAPiTA said:
" @King Saturn said:
" okay... what happened here ? "
Naruto somehow turned into Vegeto. "
oh
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Klandicar
@CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar said:

Woah dude what are you even trying to say?  Why are you bringing up Superman and Silver surfer?  What they can or cant do is irrelevant to how powerful Cell's attack was.  DBZ is a whole different Universe....anyway....   

the fact that obviously the Z fighters are strong enough to fight Cell shows that they don't consider him as threatening as he says he is.

What?  When did they say he is not as threatening as he says he is.  They fought him because if he is going to destroy the planet + solar system what is the point of running at that point?  And seriously dude, get a grip...the Z-fighters were in a hopeless situation and crapping their pants while he was powering up his beam until Gohan got a pep talk from his deceased father through telepathy.

if they != solar system busters but can almost = Cell, then Cell != solar system buster  got it? good. my flight's late. and i'm cranky. "

You must not know the story because the only one alive who could still even fight Cell and last more than a few seconds was a one-armed Gohan.  The other Z-fighters really couldnt do much besides toss blasts at Cell to distract him, they were nowhere near his level in power, the only one going against his beam directly was Gohan.  BTW that is a big if in your statement about Gohan not being equal to cell that I quoted above.  Thus said statement flops because Gohan never said he didnt have solar system busting power (there goes your entire argument btw).  All we know is that his full power was slightly stronger than Cell's and Cell himself stated it was a solar system buster.   You realize all you are trying to prove is that Cell's canon statement is false which can't be done, right?  Your argument will always be reduced to this.  Ifs and opinions mean nothing against the canon from the creator himself. Even if you made the most eloquent argument based on logic from the real world and other comics it can't beat the statement that was direct canon.  

Your Double Standard:  You originally stated on this thread that the characters knew that Cell was bluffing because they could detect if it was a solar system buster or not and YOU CLAIM if it was a solar system buster the Z-fighters would have done something quicker.  Yet later in the thread you denied that Vegeta and Goku's canon statements were right about Buu's attack being an Earth Buster  even though Vegeta panicked and countered it with his own very quickly.  Even though the next blast Buu shot blew up the Earth.  Which is it?  Do the DBZ characters have the capability to assess how powerful an energy blast is or do they need your non-canon approval to do so <sarcasm>?

Heheh,  I think you too concerned about your flight to construct a valid argument or counter, but have a nice flight anyway.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
" @CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar said:

Woah dude what are you even trying to say?  Why are you bringing up Superman and Silver surfer?  What they can or cant do is irrelevant to how powerful Cell's attack was.  DBZ is a whole different Universe....anyway....   

the fact that obviously the Z fighters are strong enough to fight Cell shows that they don't consider him as threatening as he says he is.

What?  When did they say he is not as threatening as he says he is.  They fought him because if he is going to destroy the planet + solar system what is the point of running at that point?  And seriously dude, get a grip...the Z-fighters were in a hopeless situation and crapping their pants while he was powering up his beam until Gohan got a pep talk from his deceased father through telepathy.

if they != solar system busters but can almost = Cell, then Cell != solar system buster  got it? good. my flight's late. and i'm cranky. "

You must not know the story because the only one alive who could still even fight Cell and last more than a few seconds was a one-armed Gohan.  The other Z-fighters really couldnt do much besides toss blasts at Cell to distract him, they were nowhere near his level in power, the only one going against his beam directly was Gohan.  BTW that is a big if in your statement about Gohan not being equal to cell that I quoted above.  Thus said statement flops because Gohan never said he didnt have solar system busting power (there goes your entire argument btw).  All we know is that his full power was slightly stronger than Cell's and Cell himself stated it was a solar system buster.   You realize all you are trying to prove is that Cell's canon statement is false which can't be done, right?  Your argument will always be reduced to this.  Ifs and opinions mean nothing against the canon from the creator himself. Even if you made the most eloquent argument based on logic from the real world and other comics it can't beat the statement that was direct canon.  

Your Double Standard:  You originally stated on this thread that the characters knew that Cell was bluffing because they could detect if it was a solar system buster or not and YOU CLAIM if it was a solar system buster the Z-fighters would have done something quicker.  Yet later in the thread you denied that Vegeta and Goku's canon statements were right about Buu's attack being an Earth Buster  even though Vegeta panicked and countered it with his own very quickly.  Even though the next blast Buu shot blew up the Earth.  Which is it?  Do the DBZ characters have the capability to assess how powerful an energy blast is or do they need your non-canon approval to do so <sarcasm>?  Heheh,  I think you too concerned about your flight to construct a valid argument or counter, but have a nice flight anyway. "
i've already addressed these. now you're just repeating stuff and arguing semantics. my argument still stands, and until you can show me proof of Cell's destructive abilities on the scale of a solar system, no one here outside of hardcore DBZ fanboys are going to believe you.

and thanks. :)
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Klandicar

i've already addressed these. now you're just repeating stuff and arguing semantics. my argument still stands, and until you can show me proof of Cell's destructive abilities on the scale of a solar system, no one here outside of hardcore DBZ fanboys are going to believe you.

Well, it was repeated because you didn't have an answer and you still don't.   I'm not arguing semantics, I simply busted you making one argument then contradicting yourself in only a page.  You claimed DBZ characters knew Cell's attack wasn't a solar system buster due to their actions.  Okay, nice opinion.  But then your opinion changed drastically when you denied that DBZ characters knew if Majin Buu's attack was a planet buster even though Vegeta and Goku's direct statement that it was a planet buster and Vegeta's direct intervention to stop it.  In other words, you claim the characters can tell the power of energy blasts when it favors your argument, but can't when it doesn't favor your argument.   Like I said, which is it?  You don't win arguments by contradicting your own statements in a page or two.  

Not that these beliefs you have matter since they are opinions.  You even brought up what characters like Superman and Silver Surfer would have done if Cell was really a solar system buster which is totally irrelevant to our discussion.  I believe this is why you stopped arguing...because you gassed out to the point where you just got silly.  ;)

Now about this back and forth stuff.  Clearly you didn't think to convince anyone with the old "show me the feats" argument...thats hardly revolutionary and convincing.  I'll continue to take the canon statements as the law of what characters are capable of.  DBZ characters are planet and solar system busters.  Have a nice flight x2.  ;)
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:

"

Well, it was repeated because you didn't have an answer and you still don't.   I'm not arguing semantics, I simply busted you making one argument then contradicting yourself in only a page.  You claimed DBZ characters knew Cell's attack wasn't a solar system buster due to their actions.  Okay, nice opinion.  But then your opinion changed drastically when you denied that DBZ characters knew if Majin Buu's attack was a planet buster even though Vegeta and Goku's direct statement that it was a planet buster and Vegeta's direct intervention to stop it.  In other words, you claim the characters can tell the power of energy blasts when it favors your argument, but can't when it doesn't favor your argument.   Like I said, which is it?  You don't win arguments by contradicting your own statements in a page or two.    Not that these beliefs you have matter since they are opinions.  You even brought up what characters like Superman and Silver Surfer would have done if Cell was really a solar system buster which is totally irrelevant to our discussion.  I believe this is why you stopped arguing...because you gassed out to the point where you just got silly.  ;) Now about this back and forth stuff.  Clearly you didn't think to convince anyone with the old "show me the feats" argument...thats hardly revolutionary and convincing.  I'll continue to take the canon statements as the law of what characters are capable of.  DBZ characters are planet and solar system busters.  Have a nice flight x2.  ;) "
no, you're arguing semantics and haven't shown any proof outside of, "oh he said it so it must be true."

you argue relevance when the thread was originally a Superman vs Naruto thread and you bring up Goku out of nowhere. your point is redundant.

no one in DBZ is a solar system buster.

let's sum this argument up in a few words: you can't show me proof so you try to argue semantics over how i word my paragraphs, despite my having disproven you several times with scans.

and thanks x2. :) my flight's delayed another hour... -_-
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Klandicar

no, you're arguing semantics

@CAPITA

You don't see the problem with your two statements below?  In your first one you claim that the characters "knew" it wasn't a solar system buster.  Then your second claim completely ignores the direct canon statements from the characters even though the characters "knew" what the attack was capable of.  You can't have it both ways.  ;)

CAPITA: also, when solar system busters fight, the hero takes the fight away from the solar system. obviously the Z fighters knew Cell was full of shit so they didn't even attempt to do so.

http://www.mangavolume.com/index.php?serie=dragon-ball&chapter=dragon-ball-509&page_nr=7

CAPITA: again, because it wasn't a planet buster.   

let's sum this argument up in a few words: you can't show me proof so you try to argue semantics over how i word my paragraphs, despite my having disproven you several times with scans.

You can't prove that canon characters have any reason to be bluffing or lying.  You disagree with canon, I agree with it.  Point? 

you argue relevance when the thread was originally a Superman vs Naruto thread and you bring up Goku out of nowhere. your point is redundant. 

What is that saying about pots and kettles?  You continued to argue with me about DBZ and planet busting feats, you were no better, dont try to act like you were.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
" You can't prove that canon characters have any reason to be bluffing or lying.  You disagree with canon, I agree with it.  Point? "
so you agree, then, that Sentry can take out Galactus?
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Klandicar
@CAPiTA said:
" @Klandicar said:
" You can't prove that canon characters have any reason to be bluffing or lying.  You disagree with canon, I agree with it.  Point? "
so you agree, then, that Sentry can take out Galactus? "
Show me the scan saying that Sentry can take out Galactus.  We both know it didn't say that, repost it if you want to prove yourself wrong.  So on top of doing double standards (which you have yet to explain) you are willing to lie about what scans actually say. 
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @Klandicar said:
so you agree, then, that Sentry can take out Galactus? "
Show me the scan saying that Sentry can take out Galactus.  We both know it didn't say that, repost it if you want to prove yourself wrong.  So on top of doing double standards (which you have yet to explain) you are willing to lie about what scans actually say.  "

No Caption Provided
are. you. really. that. dense?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Superman Easily, it wouldn't even be a fight it would go like this pretty much? 

Superman: Hm..I wonder what Lex Luthor is up too? 
Naruto: -: Punches Superman in the face thinking he's a Ninja with a bizzar fashion sense and breaks his hand.:- That hurts! Believe it! 
Superman: What was that suppose to be? GTFO of here kid. 

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Klandicar

Scan says: The same guy who once fought Galactus to a standstill

Standstill =/= take out

Heh, see above, put glasses on and reread your scan.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CAPiTA
@Klandicar: i know you're going to argue semantics, so i'll get that out of the way.

take out, stalemate, whatever. are you implying that Sentry can actually even hang with Galactus in any way, shape, or form because Spiderman says so? your logic says you do.

@Klandicar

said:

"

Scan says: The same guy who once fought Galactus to a standstill

Standstill =/= take out

Heh, see above, put glasses on and reread your scan. "

oh, look, just like i predicted. again, semantics.

point: so you're basically gonna argue that Sentry can hang with Galactus because Spidey says so?

give me a simple yes or no.

actually, don't answer. my plane is here. basically, between your two choices, here are the outcomes.

if you choose yes: this argument is over. you're delusional.
if you choose no: your whole argument is moot, but at least you're still somewhat sane.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Klandicar
@CAPiTA said:

" @Klandicar: i know you're going to argue semantics, so i'll get that out of the way.  take out, stalemate, whatever. are you implying that Sentry can actually even hang with Galactus in any way, shape, or form because Spiderman says so? your logic says you do. "

Wrong.  Takeout =/= stalemate, one means to defeat, the other means to tie.  There is a huge difference there...heh....better learn some proper terminology before you go making claims TBH.  Problems with your Spiderman analogy: 

1) Spiderman does not specify if it was Sentry + helpers vs. Galactus
2) Spiderman does not specify if Sentry was augmented or receiving power boost
 3)Spiderman does not specify if Galactus was weakened aka starving Galactus who can be hurt by people who usually cant hurt him.

As for the Spiderman claim, the feat becomes much less extraordinary if any of the above conditions apply but still holds truth.  The DBZ claim is straight forward one-time display of power which can never be contradicted.   Character either has a KI blast that can destroy a planet or they don't.  The characters confirmed they did have that potential by destroying planets.  The characters also confirm it by their own words which are canon law.  If you don't like how canon works then that is too bad.  Game over.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hellos

He has big feet, he cannot lose.