• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
Could Supes defeat Namor underwater?

No heat vision
Superman doesn't need to breath 

Black Panther v4 #1

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman grabs him and flies him through the sun.

#3 Posted by Funcake (298 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes underwater Namor so spezial  to put him in a fight against a DC Powerhouse?

#4 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:  

Battle Forum Rules

Make Fair Fights

Don’t make battles that are clearly one-sided. Most times this happens when people want to make one character look bad or another look good. Either way it’s childish and a waste of space. Sometimes it’s a mistake because you don’t know all the abilities of one of the characters and it turns out that they have a power that would make them win easily, but that doesn’t happen much (and it really shouldn’t, CV is an encyclopedia, look up characters before you make the fight). If it’s obvious you’re doing it on purpose, the thread will be locked.    

Examples of fair battle 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/taskmaster-vs-wolverinebone-claw-rules/526613/ 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/cyclops-vs-wolverine-rules-included/403437/ 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/what-if-spider-man-vs-exiles-mimic/526330/ 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/what-if-spider-man-vs-midnighter/415054/     

Trolling

Let me start of by explaining what trolling actually is! Trolling is a user who posts to incite flame wars and continues to post in a manner that is offensive or posting something that has nothing to do with the thread. Baiting other users into an argument and continuing that argument in hopes of offending that user or the community. As such this is not allowed on comicvine and will be dealt with according to the comcvine guide lines! again if you can not debate civilly and with out trying to ignite a flame war then comicvine is not the site for you.  
#5 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Edited by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor easily defeated the Hulk once underwater 
Even Hercules once noted Namor's advantage in water
Many here feel that the Hulk could be a fight for Superman 
Even Aquaman once frustrated Superman underwater
Namor has feats under water only matched by Marvel's strongest (Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry, Blue Marvel)

#7 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: 
By your assumed standards
Any battle with a DC powerhouse vs a Marvel would be redundant
#8 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: You do understand that DC power levels are hugely disproportionate in comparison to Marvels more toned done levels right?
#9 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs: You do understand that DC power levels are hugely disproportionate in comparison to Marvels more toned done levels right? "
I have argued that
But you do understand that many have made good arguments for Marvel 
Take a look at some of Thor's threads
Don't be so quick to dismiss when a Marvel is put against a DC
I learned not to (even though I still disagree) 
Be open to debate. You may learn something
#10 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: 
Learning something about the individual characters does not change the outcome of a battle debate.
#11 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:  Learning something about the individual characters does not change the outcome of a battle debate. "
That almost a oxymoron.
Learning exactly that may change an opinion of a battles outcome
I recently accepted that Hulk can't really beat Thor because of learning more about him
#12 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:  Ya, but not against SUPERMAN. It's like putting anybody against batman w/ prep. Pointless. This is an obvious bait thread and you know it.
#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18116 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is going to get turned into sushi after this fight. 

#14 Posted by blackadam (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
"Namor easily defeated the Hulk once underwater  Even Hercules once noted Namor's advantage in waterMany here feel that the Hulk could be a fight for Superman Even Aquaman once frustrated Superman underwater Namor has feats under water only matched by Marvel's strongest (Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Sentry, Blue Marvel) "

hulk would get demolished by superman
#15 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
" @erik said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:  Learning something about the individual characters does not change the outcome of a battle debate. "
That almost a oxymoron. Learning exactly that may change an opinion of a battles outcome I recently accepted that Hulk can't really beat Thor because of learning more about him "
You have no idea what oxymoron means. The battle is clearly one-sided. Learning a few new things about Namor does not change that.
#16 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this speaks for itself.
#17 Edited by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:

" @StrongestOneThereIs said:

" @erik said:
That almost a oxymoron. Learning exactly that may change an opinion of a battles outcome I recently accepted that Hulk can't really beat Thor because of learning more about him "
You have no idea what oxymoron means. The battle is clearly one-sided. Learning a few new things about Namor does not change that. "
Oxymoron - I figure of speech where apparently contradictory terms or statements appear together. 

And if you feel it's one-sided. Then state that and your reason and move on 

Again, many good arguments have been made for Thor, Hulk and Juggernaut against Superman
Underwater, no one has matched Namor's strength in Marvel
And his feats are equal to Marvel's strongest
#18 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
"
I think this speaks for itself. "
It does say a lot!
Namor is not to be taken likely underwater
#19 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman with ease. He could still use his freeze breath on Namor, or just kill him with a single blow.

#20 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:  Ya, but not against SUPERMAN. It's like putting anybody against batman w/ prep. Pointless. This is an obvious bait thread and you know it. "
If there no point to this thread
Then there is no one for Thor or Hulk
And clearly there has been good debates involving those two and DC strong men
Again, i don't agree with some results, but Im not just going to dismiss them
The only bait here is to discuss the possibilities
That's what I know
#21 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
"Oxymoron - I figure of speech where apparently contradictory terms or statements appear together. 

And if you feel it's one-sided. Then state that and your reason and move on  Again, many good arguments have been made for Thor, Hulk and Juggernaut against Superman Underwater, no one has matched Namor's strength in Marvel And his feats are equal to Marvel's strongest "
  • How do you expect me to believe you knew the definition if you copied and pasted from the dictionary?
  • I did state what I thought about this battle. I am under no obligation to leave the thread once I have posted my opinion. Otherwise threads would only consist on single posts from users.
  • Namor has been handled plenty of times in terms of strength. He was said to be an equal to Hercules underwater (debatable) who at the time was barely stronger than Thor. Hercules has received a power upgrade since then and it would be fair to say that Hercules is now far more powerful than Namor in terms of strength even underwater. Hulk needs to breathe so creating a whirlpool to keep him underwater has nothing to do with strength. Plus it was not even Savage Hulk, which is clearly displayed in how Hulk spoke.
#22 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio

superman  easy

#23 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Superman with ease. He could still use his freeze breath on Namor, or just kill him with a single blow. "
I know Superman is considered stronger than Sentry
But you think one blow from Superman under water on Namor would kill him
When he took several from Sentry under the influence of the Void
Taken blows from a Mindless Hulk and Thor's hammer
#24 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Superman with ease. He could still use his freeze breath on Namor, or just kill him with a single blow. "
And forgot to disable his freeze breathe
Though a think Namor would be strong enough to break out of it
#25 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:  None of those have the strength level of Superman. Even if Namor did survive a punch from Superman, he is just too fast for Namor. There is no way Superman would be punched by Namor unless he let him.
#26 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"Oxymoron - I figure of speech where apparently contradictory terms or statements appear together. 

And if you feel it's one-sided. Then state that and your reason and move on  Again, many good arguments have been made for Thor, Hulk and Juggernaut against Superman Underwater, no one has matched Namor's strength in Marvel And his feats are equal to Marvel's strongest "
  • How do you expect me to believe you knew the definition if you copied and pasted from the dictionary?
  • I did state what I thought about this battle. I am under no obligation to leave the thread once I have posted my opinion. Otherwise threads would only consist on single posts from users.
  • Namor has been handled plenty of times in terms of strength. He was said to be an equal to Hercules underwater (debatable) who at the time was barely stronger than Thor. Hercules has received a power upgrade since then and it would be fair to say that Hercules is now far more powerful than Namor in terms of strength even underwater. Hulk needs to breathe so creating a whirlpool to keep him underwater has nothing to do with strength. Plus it was not even Savage Hulk, which is clearly displayed in how Hulk spoke.
"
I expect you to debate your opinion and nothing else
I listed the the definition so you could know it
Since your statement reflect the indication that what you said could not be a oxymoron

And various forms of Savage Hulk spoke
Especially his early comics
Research a little more
#27 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:  None of those have the strength level of Superman. Even if Namor did survive a punch from Superman, he is just too fast for Namor. There is no way Superman would be punched by Namor unless he let him. "
Namor is very fast under water
He is faster than yellow fish girl from Alpha Flight
Who once out moved Northstar in the air 
And the water would slow him down some
Again, Aquaman was able to land a punch and frustrate Supes

And there is a 410 response thread debating that Thor is as strong as Superman
Again, I disagree
But there is a definite place for debate
#28 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs:
  • What I said was not an oxymoron. Nothing close to it.
  • The fact that Hulk spoke is not what brings the version of Hulk into question. I never implied that at all. You need to read my post again because you missed something. The fact that he strung words together in complete sentences does.
  • Clearly the one that needs to do research, is you.
#29 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: what would stop supes from  rippin Namor's  feet wings off...flyin him up n space and beating  the pulp out of him?
#30 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is apprently in Thor's league when in water, i think superman is still stronger though...

#31 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs: what would stop supes from  rippin Namor's  feet wings off...flyin him up n space and beating  the pulp out of him? "
Nothing I guess
But I hate BFR and forgot to list it like I normally do
But does Namor rely on his wings to swim or only to fly?
#32 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that Namor might have a chance. Superman holds back most of the time so Namor might I repeat might have a shot at getting a few good shots in at the start.

#33 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:
  • The fact that Hulk spoke is not what brings the version of Hulk into question. I never implied that at all. You need to read my post again because you missed something. The fact that he strung words together in complete sentences does.
"
Dude!
The early Hulk spoke like that all the time and he was the Savage Hulk
Want me to list some examples for you
#34 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
" Namor is apprently in Thor's league when in water, i think superman is still stronger though... "
I agree
#35 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
" @theiconic said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs: what would stop supes from  rippin Namor's  feet wings off...flyin him up n space and beating  the pulp out of him? "
Nothing I guess But I hate BFR and forgot to list it like I normally do But does Namor rely on his wings to swim or only to fly? "
only to fly...superman is still faster in the water though...
#36 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@StrongestOneThereIs: i remember in a issue   some one ripped them off and he couldnt fly  so  just thinkin  if some one can do that ...supes can do it  and take up up  into space  i dont know if namor can cope with outtaspace well   it would deff be out of his element...givin supes an even greater edge
#37 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Nobody said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:  None of those have the strength level of Superman. Even if Namor did survive a punch from Superman, he is just too fast for Namor. There is no way Superman would be punched by Namor unless he let him. "
Namor is very fast under water He is faster than yellow fish girl from Alpha Flight Who once out moved Northstar in the air  And the water would slow him down some Again, Aquaman was able to land a punch and frustrate Supes And there is a 410 response thread debating that Thor is as strong as Superman Again, I disagree But there is a definite place for debate "
Comparing Aquaman to Namor is like comparing the Hulk to Doomsday. There is a huge difference between both characters. Also a note, when Aquaman did actually hit Superman, he did it with his Magic Hand which Superman is vunerable too.

The Thor vs Superman debate is again mostly due to the fact that Thor wields magic. If it was a straight physical battle, Superman would win no contest.
#38 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
" @erik said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs:
"
Dude! The early Hulk spoke like that all the time and he was the Savage Hulk Want me to list some examples for you "
Knock yourself out.
#39 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic: supes isn't like that. Unless his personality has changed. Wait was there something about morals in this
#40 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
" @theiconic said:
Nothing I guess But I hate BFR and forgot to list it like I normally do But does Namor rely on his wings to swim or only to fly? "
To fly yes. It is doubtful that they actually support him in the air due to their size, but they do however have a connection to his flight. When they were damaged in the past, Namor was unable to fly.
#41 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: it was venom  who did it... 

@thegreatfour:  hey coulda been an accident....lol    but i think supes would fly him up up and a way into space to fully defeat him...
#42 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @theiconic said:
To fly yes. It is doubtful that they actually support him in the air due to their size, but they do however have a connection to his flight. When they were damaged in the past, Namor was unable to fly. "
But this fight is underwater
He wouldn't need them
#43 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic: I'm not disagreeing that he could but would he? I don't see him doing that much to people since it could kill Namor and Supes doesn't do that.
#44 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
Dude!
The other thread you locked
There was a difference clearly stated

Above the Atlantic Ocean
Below the water
#45 Posted by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour: i agree with  u,  how ever  the presser of the depths  could cloud his judgment  or make him let loose to a degree so that could cause supes to do something such as that
#46 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@theiconic: Superman giving into the pressure? Never! Oh and just so you know, I'm not say Supes wouldn't win, I 'm just trying to argue it's not going to be an epic curbstomp
#47 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour: 
Yes it is. Namor is outclassed.
#48 Posted by Erik (31607 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Nobody said:
Dude! The other thread you locked There was a difference clearly stated  Above the Atlantic Ocean Below the water "
The great thing is that you are the OP of both threads. You can simply edit the OP to include both conditions.
#49 Edited by theiconic (924 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour: no lol  the  depths pressure   hey im usin that as excuse  for superman to be unleashed
#50 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @Nobody said:
Dude! The other thread you locked There was a difference clearly stated  Above the Atlantic Ocean Below the water "
The great thing is that you are the OP of both threads. You can simply edit the OP to include both conditions. "
I could but it was messed up for him to do that without noticing the difference
It would have been more professional of him me to do so