#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, not sure whether to put this in general discussion or battles, it could go either way...

simple battle, Superman Vs Buffy

would Buffy smack superman around like a child?

my verdict is yes, reasoning?

Buffy is mystically enhanced, and as we all know, anything magical or mystical affects Superman just as it would a normal person.

is this how it would work?

just wondering...

#2 Posted by Case Closed (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he still get a single punch off against her? I assume one punch would be good enough to bust her skull open like a watermelon before she would have a chance to be on the offensive.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it probably depends on the type and level of magic. Also it would probably depend if their punch is magic or just a normal punch. Then you also have to look at would they beable to survive a hit from Superman and could they even hit him. I think that Buffy wouldn't come close to being able to hit him and Supes could just heat vision her or rush in and take her out with a slap.

#4 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

In theory, Buffy could hurt him, if you assume her punches are magical. However, I think his would hurt more.

#5 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

This is crazy. Magic can hurt Superman right, but does Buffy shoot magic, No, does Buffy cast spells, No (Willow is not Buffy) Superman is way to fast for Buffy and has long range weapons, Heat Vision=Dead Slayer, Freeze Breath=Dead Slayer, One Punch=Dead Slayer. Superman wins hands down.

#6 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Only way Buffy wins is if superman holds still and does not fight back

#7 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Buffy was shown to be part demon in the last season and has exhibited the ability to call upon her demon heritage. Armed with her slayer type weapon thing that I can't remember the name of, she'd be pretty lethal because that is linked to her demon side. Plus, if you take into account the recent issue, she can call on Willow's magic and use it herself so she does have the ability for magic.

#8 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"Actually, Buffy was shown to be part demon in the last season and has exhibited the ability to call upon her demon heritage. Armed with her slayer type weapon thing that I can't remember the name of, she'd be pretty lethal because that is linked to her demon side. Plus, if you take into account the recent issue, she can call on Willow's magic and use it herself so she does have the ability for magic."

He's still to fast, it wouldnt matter if she had a weapon or not, you cant kill what you cant see. And if where using outside people to help, I think Supes has a little more back up then Buffy does.

#9 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

She's fairly fast, plus she beat Glory. That's got to count for something. Glory was a God, she was unbeatable until Buffy came along. Besides, if she is allowed back-up, Willow's all you'd ever need. She's slowly proving herself to be the most powerful being in the Buffy-verse

#10 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so we let Buffy have Willow and does that mean Supes gets a back up? Cause Zatanna or Dr.Fate are way outta Willow's league. I've brought this up before but Superman is a god, he may not be called one but take Glory for intense, everything she could do so could Superman and then some. Buffy is fast but not even close to the speed of Superman. Magic can hurt the Man of Steel but it doesnt mean it can kill him. On the other hand one punch from Supes and Buffy is gonner.

#11 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy isn't mythical. Medusa, Athena, nagas, and werewolves are.

speaking of which . . . Medusa could beat Superman: one look would turn him to stone. Athena is a goddess-and a goddess of tactics, moreover-so she could beat him. See?

#12 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Nny says:

"Buffy isn't mythical. Medusa, Athena, nagas, and werewolves are.
speaking of which . . . Medusa could beat Superman: one look would turn him to stone. Athena is a goddess-and a goddess of tactics, moreover-so she could beat him. See?"
Medusa couldnt even beat Persius, a normal dude, how the hell would she beat Superman.
Post Edited:2007-06-15 21:13:16
#13 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

That's because he waited until she was asleep, which isn't fair. In an actual BATTLE, Medusa wins easily. Especially if you don't know what you're up against. ;)

#14 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

What? He used the shield that the gods gave him as a mirror and cut her head off. She was awake when it happened.

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

He won cause he outsmarted her. But now we are talking about Superman and I don't see that happening.

#16 Posted by Marshal J. James (125 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

"He won cause he outsmarted her. But now we are talking about Superman and I don't see that happening."

Your right, Superman couldnt couldnt use his brain at all for combat. Read a comic.

#17 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Gambler says:

"What? He used the shield that Athena gave him as a mirror and cut her head off. She was awake when it happened."

I don't think that's true . . . in any case, you can't just punch her. Superman would try. And you ever see a statue fall about a mile? All the king's horses and all the king's men . . . ;)

FYI, Medusa's sisters had wings as well as petrification, so he WOULD fall, even if they had to drag him themselves. They're a tad overprotective.
Post Edited:2007-06-17 00:26:59
Post Edited:2007-06-17 00:28:08

#18 Posted by Psycore (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This should have been Superman Vs Wonder Woman instead. Since we're talking about mythical beings here, why not choose the one who is both mythical and rivals Superman's strength, speed invulnerability and flight? Anyone remember seeing that nasty throat cut Supes got from Diana when she hurled her tiara at him. He was lucky the tiara was thrown with no killing intent. The last time I saw that stint, a god got his head decapitated.

#19 Posted by Nny (245 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't really mythical-the Amazons were nothing like what they turned her into. Some of the other characters in her story are accurate, but . . .

#20 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Peoples these days mostly doesn't quite knows about Superman weakness.Just because someone wields magic/mystical powers doesn't mean he/she could easily beat Superman in one punch.

I remember that Superman once block the magical blast that was to destroy Themyscira.

Both magic and kryptonite are not a guaranteed win. That's like saying anyone with blues music can beat the Hulk since it will relax him.

#21 Posted by Alpha (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"Peoples these days mostly doesn't quite knows about Superman weakness.Just because someone wields magic/mystical powers doesn't mean he/she could easily beat Superman in one punch. I remember that Superman once block the magical blast that was to destroy Themyscira. Both magic and kryptonite are not a guaranteed win. That's like saying anyone with blues music can beat the Hulk since it will relax him."

Funny but right. Superman can be hurt but that doesn't mean defeated.

#22 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah magic hurts him but like it was stated up their depends on level and also if they can take a few hits from him and still be able to throw some more back like loki he can take supermans hit throw some back at superman and still use magic on him how ever wanda she can throw some devastating hits but if he were to give her on good swing superman better watch out for vision and quicksilver.