#1 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so we all know that Post-Crisis Mongul was written poorly and so was his son but when Mongul Jr. got a hold of yellow lantern rings he was pretty beast. So who do you guys think would win in a fight between Superman and Mongul Jr. with rings?

No prep

Random encounter

Mongul has all of his rings

#2 Posted by Nefarious (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul and they have fought before.

#3 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Mongul and they have fought before.

Whoa hold on! Did I miss something? When did Superman fight Mongul Jr. when he had rings?

#4 Posted by dondave (34595 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul

#5 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Do you think the fight will be long and hard or a stomp?

#6 Posted by Nefarious (18799 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarlordEternal: I don't think Mongul had rings. But, they did fight before.
#7 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: Oh well I know that. I'm aware that Pre-Crisis Mongul was a superman villain and one bad motherf*cker. Unfortunately he was down played Post-Crisis and lost more times then won.

#8 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: @WarlordEternal: What are this Mongul's feats?

#9 Posted by Nefarious (18799 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant: He can take multiple Green Lanterns, beat up Wonder Woman and Superman, crush Sinestro with rings, and much more. 
#10 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

Mongul Jr. with rings held his own against nine veteran Green Lanterns (Guy,Kyle, Sodam etc.), defeated Arkillo ( though that was without the power of the rings) and nearly killed Sinestro.

#11 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

@jeanroygrant: He can take multiple Green Lanterns, beat up Wonder Woman and Superman, crush Sinestro with rings, and much more.

He never "beat up" Superman and Wonder Woman. He managed to cheap-shot/sucker punch them and had to be saved from Wonder Woman by Supes.

And he beat up a lot of "nobody" Lanterns, too.

I give this fight to Superman.

#12 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

@Nefarious said:

He never "beat up" Superman and Wonder Woman. He managed to cheap-shot/sucker punch them and had to be saved from Wonder Woman by Supes.

And he beat up a lot of "nobody" Lanterns, too.

I give this fight to Superman.

To be fare Wonder Woman hit him first then he knocked her through a wall.

And are you seriously saying Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Jon Stewart, Sodam Yat and the others he fought are "nobodys"?

#13 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarlordEternal said:

@jeanroygrant:

Mongul Jr. with rings held his own against nine veteran Green Lanterns (Guy,Kyle, Sodam etc.), defeated Arkillo ( though that was without the power of the rings) and nearly killed Sinestro.

@Nefarious said:

Cool

#14 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: So who do you think would win? and why?

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarlordEternal said:

@jeanroygrant: So who do you think would win? and why?

Mongul.

#16 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul

#17 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn_123: How would you picture the fight going down?

#18 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarlordEternal: Well i dont know Mongul but if that is true that he beat Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Jon Stewart, Sodam Yat and other Lanterns in the same time and nearly killed Sinestro plus he beat up WW

so if this is true he wins but it will be epic battle to see

#19 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawn_123 said:

@WarlordEternal: Well i dont know Mongul but if that is true that he beat Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Jon Stewart, Sodam Yat and other Lanterns in the same time and nearly killed Sinestro plus he beat up WW

so if this is true he wins but it will be epic battle to see

An epic battle indeed!

#20 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul is pretty strong even without the rings. With them, Superman could be in trouble. Unless Superman found a way to remove the ring, or amputate Mongul's fingers.

#21 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111 said:

Mongul is pretty strong even without the rings. With them, Superman could be in trouble. Unless Superman found a way to remove the ring, or amputate Mongul's fingers.

Can that actually be done!?

#22 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarlordEternal:

I would think so, but now that I think about it, has anyone ever tried to remove the rings off a Lanterns fingers? For all we know, that is the key to defeating a Lantern, LOL.

#23 Posted by WarlordEternal (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: hmm...Well then I guess we would have to wish Superman good luck!

#24 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul. He was able to fight the GLC all by himself, while getting one of his eyes blown out by Bzzt. He was a beast with the rings.

#25 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongul

#26 Posted by philkelly96 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: I don't know if you can and even if you can a lantern can just call it back and it would fly back onto their finger