Superman vs Marvel Villain Team (Movie Versions)

• 99 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Superman, including feats from movies 1-4 as well as Superman Returns, must defend Earth from a team of villains consisting of Abomination, Electro, Malekith, Ronan, Kurse, Loki, Mandarin, Magneto, & Sandman.

Morals off, bloodlust on.

No prep, random encounter.

Battlefield: Manhattan. (City is empty)

Malekith has the Aether, Ronan has the power gem.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He goes back in time as soon as the fight starts then kills in the past /thread

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reaverlation

Ronan kills his own team

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MAZAHS117  Online

@chaos911 said:

Ha. QFT

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't kill Male kith and would get pwned by Ronan

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

superman via S incap

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes gets stomped. Curbstomped. Murder Stomped. Ultra Stomped.

Beata

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes Clears it

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm feeling the more physically orientated villains could hold down superman while Loki, takes over Supe's mind via mind sceptre

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lensnart said:

I'm feeling the more physically orientated villains could hold down superman while Loki, takes over Supe's mind via mind sceptre

Unless they can exert the force of a continent, that's not happening

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LenSnart
@reactor said:

@lensnart said:

Unless they can exert the force of a continent, that's not happening

I take it your referring to the lifting of the island thing, I think calling it a continent is a bit of a stretch it wasn't that big and I think that all of the strong guys together could at least equal or surpass Superman's strength level. And this version of Superman's durability and speed is pretty bad, check out Superman 3 Richard Pryor's buddies were kickin' Supe's ass with their various weapons(including a bubble!) So I think the 2 infinity stone users could do some serious damage or at least stun him for the others to jump him.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@lensnart: Reeve moved the moon in Superman 4.

No body is holding him down or equaling his strength.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Reeve Superman is more powerful than the Comic Version, based on feats. He is essentially Silver-Age. He stomps this.

ALLCAPS_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeve Superman is basically a film depiction of the comic pre-crisis Superman. I don't see anyone here being able to beat him.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spite. Superman one-shots them all then goes on a date with Lois and removes her memories afterwards.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bronze Age Superman stomps

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins.

DeathUponAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeathUponAll

Superman sneezes.

Team was never heard of again.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity stones anyone?! Anyone seen Superman 3? his reaction speed and durability suck

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nwname  Moderator

Team ftw.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27 said:

Team wins.

They get stomped. Reeve Superman is essentially Pre-Crisis.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Superman. If you actually look at his feats they are pretty good. He stopped an earthquake by holding up continental plates, effortlessly pushed the moon, and his punches were shaking the city. For durability he was in the core of the earth and he tanks punches from 3 people just as powerful as him. Add this to a ridiculous variety of powers and he most certainly wins.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two infinity stones - one which was going to change all matter in the universe (through portals) into dark matter and another that simply by allowing Ronan to touch the ground was going to kill / destroy a planet. I-Dunno.

@frozen said:

@kingant27 said:

Team wins.

And that means what? Throwing around 'Pre-Crisis' isn't an argument for anything outside him basically pulling nonsense out of his rear to prevent Lois' death by reversing time by flying around the Earth and throwing an S out of his chest. You're literally saying he's more powerful than comic N52 Superman despite the latter actually shaking the Watchtower in orbit around the Earth.

At best you can argue he's sporting about as much physical strength as Ultra-Man and no-where near the striking power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes gets stomped. Curbstomped. Murder Stomped. Ultra Stomped.

Beata

Elaborate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellos: Both of those infinity stones have the potential to change/break large things such as planets or matter, but neither of them (Malekith and Ronan) wield that kind of power. Malekith couldn't even make Thor bleed with the Aether, and Ronan was knocked off his feat by a relatively small missile.

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets stomped with the force of a million galaxies

Loof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman gets stomped with the force of a million galaxies

None of these guys are fast enough to hit him.

He can push the moon and travel at light-speed. He should win this.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@hellos: Both of those infinity stones have the potential to change/break large things such as planets or matter, but neither of them (Malekith and Ronan) wield that kind of power. Malekith couldn't even make Thor bleed with the Aether, and Ronan was knocked off his feat by a relatively small missile.

Both Malekith and Ronan were essentially invulnerable after getting them - Malekith went from being nearly being killed by a lightning bolt by Thor to being able to tank every single swing / discharge of energy fired at him without issue and Ronan went from being... well he was just more invulnerable I guess? Either way there was a clear physical upgrade to both characters - Ronan being able to survive his ship plummeting into the ground, Rocket's missile and what have you without so much as a scratch on him from either event.

I was under the impression Thor is visibly harmed by those Aether discharges from Malekith he attempts to block with Mjolnir - certainly going through the sand-storm of red caused by it KOs him immediately after. As for the missile - I think the dramatic effect of Ronan rising from the ground physically unharmed (or frankly even being pushed back - he literally just takes a knee from the explosion) from the missile being hyped up to blow up star-ships or level a moon isn't much of a low-end.

Ronan does the same thing when his ship-crashes into the ground or when a ship crashes into him - he simply gets up and walks back onto screen unharmed seemingly un-phased by anything and everything.

Now whether or not that gives either of them the durability to tank hits from Reeve - I dunno. I know both of them are probably more than capable of killing him - since apparently any infinity stone in the CU can bust planets according to GotG short recap of the history of Soul Gem (?).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellos: True, but Superman also has a large advantage in speed, especially when morals are off. I'd agree that if they could unleash the full power of their infinity stones, they'd have the edge over Superman, but he's got the speed and strength to take them down.

It's hard to tell Ronan's durability. He did take punches from Drax, but Drax wasn't that strong. Rocket said one of his missiles could bust a moon, but the blast radius didn't reach outside the ship, so it's hard to say whether or not that was said missile.

Malekith did hurt Thor, but not very badly.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@logy5000: The numbers are just too great. And there's soooo many heavy hitters, Ronan namely. Plus, sure Supes may be physically stronger then everyone here, but strength isn't everything. Team is too versatile.

Also how is he gonna put down Electro?

Beata

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@hellos: True, but Superman also has a large advantage in speed, especially when morals are off. I'd agree that if they could unleash the full power of their infinity stones, they'd have the edge over Superman, but he's got the speed and strength to take them down.

It's hard to tell Ronan's durability. He did take punches from Drax, but Drax wasn't that strong. Rocket said one of his missiles could bust a moon, but the blast radius didn't reach outside the ship, so it's hard to say whether or not that was said missile.

Malekith did hurt Thor, but not very badly.

Forgive poor memory - but outside zaney flight speeds or drilling into the ground I can't recall Reed ever doing much with speed. But like I said I don't know - it all depends for me on how durable they actually are - so far the implication is an infinity stone makes you physically invulnerable if it doesn't blow you apart (should be fun to see Thanos with all of them).

Yeah, but Ronan was doing that before the gem. Drax really couldn't do squat to normal Ronan; Drax wasn't really that powerful in GotG. I just assumed it was the same missile, which given how much hype it kept getting throughout makes sense to me - but yeah the explosion's actual size is why I had a tough time buying it for both instances (destroying the ship or a moon - maybe it gets bigger with a bigger target?)

He's one of the two characters thus far to do any real damage to Thor (definitely the first KO Thor's had while empowered). Which might be because a mix of Thor's own physical stats and the apparently healing factor Asgardians have according to AoS (random Asgardians can recover from being stabbed through the heart - simply by holding the damn thing together for them apparently despite the massive hole in their chests - whatever).

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 frozen  Moderator

@hellos: It speaks power - reversing time with his speed alone is a Silver-Age feat. Other versions of Superman (e.g. KC Superman) were not capable of doing the same when faced with similar situations (the death of their respective Lois). New-52 Superman = New-52 Ultraman (as confirmed by the writer Geoff Johns). And moving The Moon, is actually much better than anything the MCU team has produced.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto solos

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hellos

@frozen said:

@hellos: It speaks power- reversing time with his speed alone is a Silver-Age feat. Other versions of Superman (e.g. KC Superman) were not capable of doing the same when faced with similar situations (the death of their respective Lois).New-52 Superman = New-52 Ultraman (as confirmed by the writer Geoff Johns).

No it really doesn't - one-shot powers that exist solely for plot reasons do not translate into physical stats. Both KC and N52 Superman are significantly more powerful than Reeves was. He doesn't have the striking power, the durability or even speed feats to match either. Otherwise I imagine Nuclear Man wouldn't have been trashing him with freeze-breath or his awesome nuclear nails / discharges.

You'd have a tough time proving Reeve could survive a sun-dip. So while Reeve has fantastic strength showings - lifting that mountain peak, pushing the moon (and this was in Quest for Peace!) - etc it did not translate well into his striking power - and by well I mean it didn't at all. Namely my '?' as to if can actually win against two people sporting magic plot gems that can level planets and more.

As Ultraman being interchangeable with N52 Superman, cool. Outside Geoff's word I'm sure you have a plethora of scans to prove it outside the one moon feat - because the guy that operates under the solar rays is exactly like the guy who becomes weaker under them.

And moving The Moon, is actually much better than anything the MCU team has produced.

I really enjoy your careful wording - has rather than can produce is a fun way to approach this argument - especially when we see a Celestial decimate a planet using them gem or have Odin word / Jane visions of the Aether literally turning the sun into dark matter to drive home the point at how powerful it was.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LenSnart

@frozen said:

@hellos: It speaks power - reversing time with his speed alone is a Silver-Age feat. Other versions of Superman (e.g. KC Superman) were not capable of doing the same when faced with similar situations (the death of their respective Lois). New-52 Superman = New-52 Ultraman (as confirmed by the writer Geoff Johns). And moving The Moon, is actually much better than anything the MCU team has produced.

But we've never seen him use that speed in combat, just sayin

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@hellos:

No it really doesn't - one-shot powers that exist solely for plot reasons do not translate into physical stats.

Yes it does - if you truly believe the feat to be solely for plot purposes, then fine {though this was essentially, the overriding point of the Silver Age Superman}. What actually indicates that Reeve's Superman was simply that powerful is Superman II: The Donner Cut. In this film, he essentially reverses time again so that Zod, Ursa and Non never escaped the Phantom Zone, and he was not in an enraged state when he accomplished this. That alone, should atleast give you evidence that he was intended to be that powerful {though the canonity of the cut can be put into question, it essentially tells you how powerful this version of Superman was}.

Both KC and N52 Superman are significantly more powerful than Reeves was. He doesn't have the striking power, the durability or even speed feats to match either.

I'm aware of both incarnations, moreso the former - however, I'm simply pointing out that when KC Superman was faced with the exact same situation Reeve's incarnation was {Lois dying} - he did not have the capability/Silver Age esque power to reverse time under his own power; he was a more grounded version of the character in comparison to the Pre-Crisis version.

Otherwise I imagine Nuclear Man wouldn't have been trashing him with freeze-breath or his awesome nuclear nails / discharges.

Nuclear Man was made to pose a threat to a more powerful version of Superman. That's the level he operated at regardless of the cheesy fight scenes - though, I could just say Citizen Steel did better against Gog than KC Superman did...

You'd have a tough time proving Reeve could survive a sun-dip.

No.

So while Reeve has fantastic strength showings - lifting that mountain peak, pushing the moon (and this was in Quest for Peace!) - etc it did not translate well into his striking power - and by well I mean it didn't at all.

?

Moving The Moon is a strength feat we can quantify. Hell, in 1999, it took 20 Post-Crisis superheroes (including the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, etc) all to pull The Moon in JLA: The Titans and they could barely pull it, Reeve essentially easily pushed it. Now the Post-Crisis heroes did get an upgrade a few years later, but would you also be willing to bet that the nerfed MCU 'plot' gems are above the Post-Crisis heroes of 1999 {especially over a dozen of them}? Even if we look at striking feats, atleast he shook the city with a punch, Hulk punching at the Leviathan beast did not accomplish that.

Namely my '?' as to if can actually win against two people sporting magic plot gems that can level planets and more.

'Level planets'? I never recall it being stated that Ronan could destroy planets. It was said he could destroy all life on a planet, that's entirely different from planet-busting power. And going by feats, the Infinity Stones have been rather nerfed {solely boing by feats, not hyperbolic statements}.

As Ultraman being interchangeable with N52 Superman, cool. Outside Geoff's word I'm sure you have a plethora of scans to prove it outside the one moon feat - because the guy that operates under the solar rays is exactly like the guy who becomes weaker under them.

Well, he also tanked a blast from Parallx Infused Sinestro, but that aside, it's irrelevant given Johns created the character, and what is Ultraman being weaker under Solar Rays related to?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

@lensnart said:

@frozen said:

Superman has better feats. Just sayin'

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeve Superman stomps. Its not even funny

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@hellos:

No it really doesn't - one-shot powers that exist solely for plot reasons do not translate into physical stats.

Yes it does - if you truly believe the feat to be solely for plot purposes, then fine {though this was essentially, the overriding point of the Silver Age Superman}. What actually indicates that Reeve's Superman was simply that powerful is Superman II: The Donner Cut. In this film, he essentially reverses time again so that Zod, Ursa and Non never escaped the Phantom Zone, and he was not in an enraged state when he accomplished this. That alone, should atleast give you evidence that he was intended to be that powerful.

I'm not sure where the confusion is - because reversing time in a completely impractical fashion doesn't show how powerful Superman is - simply that he can do that in the one film he does it (non-canon re-cuts aside). Are we going to watch Wayne's World and start saying Garth and Wayne are more powerful than N52 Superman because they can change the ending to their own movie repeatedly?

I'm aware of both incarnations, moreso the former - however, I'm simply pointing out that when KC Superman was faced with the exact same situation Reeve's incarnation was {Lois dying} - he did not have the capability/Silver Age esque power to reverse time under his own power; he was a more grounded version of the character.

So what exactly was your point with mentioning Kingdom Come - outside 'he can't do it' ? Because neither can the Thought Robot by flying in circles.

Nuclear Man was made to pose a threat to a more powerful version of Superman. That's the level he operated at - though, I could just say Citizen Steel did better against Gog than KC Superman did...

The reason any villain exists. Issue is - we still have a number of laughably disappointing fights where that strength does not translate into how hard he or his opponents hit him or even to immediately break free from a block of ice. Nuclear Man hammers that point in well enough on his own.

Loading Video...

And this was the film where Superman was spitting out all sorts of random powers and not getting beat down by a computer / its wiring.

No.

So why do you think Reeve's can take a dip in the sun?

?

Moving The Moon is a strength feat we can quantify. Hell, in 1999, it took 20 Post-Crisis superheroes (including the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, etc) all to pull The Moon in JLA: The Titans and they could barely pull it, Reeve essentially easily pushed it. Now the Post-Crisis heroes did get an upgrade a few years later, but would you also be willing to bet that the nerfed MCU 'plot' gems are above the Post-Crisis heroes of 1999? Even if we look at striking feats, atleast he shook the city with a punch, Hulk punching at the Leviathan beast did not accomplish that.

Not arguing the feat - I'm pointing out how it didn't translate into striking power. As well as how time-travel / moon-pushing doesn't suddenly make Reeve's hit harder than N52 Superman does or even lift as much as he does. Physically in no shape or form is Reeve's N52 Superman's superior.

'Level planets'? I never recall it being stated that Ronan could destroy planets. It was said he could destroy all life on a planet, that's entirely different from planet-busting power. And going by feats, the Infinity Stones have been rather nerfed {solely boing by feats, not hyperbolic statements}.

We watch a Celestial destroy a planet with the Space Gem in the movie. When the Guardians keep talking about Thanos or Ronan being a threat to the Galaxy with the Space Gem - that's hyperbolic. But when they're talking Xandar's destruction - that is feasible with the gem shown to do exactly that in the past and that's what Ronan wanted Thanos to do.

As for nerfed - I wouldn't have any idea. All I know is I can't recall the last time the Space Gem was used to do anything on a planetary scale or the Power Gem could be used to act on a universal scale (at least not while on the IG). Whether or not these magic plot rocks will give the owner dominion of power, space, reality, the mind, soul and time - '?' - but nerfed isn't exactly what I would call making each gem at the least planetary.

Well, he also tanked a blast from Parallx Infused Sinstro, but that aside, it's irrelevant given Johns created the character, and yes, what is Ultraman being weaker under Solar Rays related to?

I'm pointing out a very apparent difference between how these character are even powered - rolling them as interchangeable when they don't even work the same doesn't help an argument for them being interchangeable. Geoff could say Ultraman is omnipotent - it wouldn't matter in any argument because he doesn't have the feats to prove it.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

marvel villian team

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lensnart said:

@frozen said:

Superman has better feats. Just sayin'

sure, but what I'm saying is none of them are combat feats

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911 said:

Laughing out Loud. But he can do that.

superman via S incap

Laughing out Loud.

@frozen said:

@kingant27 said:

Team wins.

This.

Superman will win this. He is made to be Silver Age Superman from the comics. He had powers that he did not have in the comics. He is able to rebuild The Great Wall Of China with retractable eye beams. He able to reverse time. And he is able to make you forget with a kiss (I know that do not help in this battle. So please do not say anything about that it is one of the powers I remember). He is also able to shoot beams from his hands or fingers that can hold a person up in the air something like spin animation. He is able to make teleportation holograms of himself. Is able to put the moon back in orbit. And let us not forget throwing the S from his chest. If the team is going to win it will have to be through Magneto and the infinity stones.