• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Superman from movies 1-4 as well as Returns faces off against the MoS Kryptonians, including Superman (yes I know, 2 Supermen) General Zod, Faora, and Nam-Ek, along with the Jaeger project and every Kaiju.

Both sides bloodlusted, no prep.

Battlefield: New York City. (Abandoned.)

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I this the MoS team wins

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Reeves' Superman was pre-Crisis. The guy was reversing time.

He should win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters in Pacific Rim had some pretty good feats though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nam-Ek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He definitely was, but I don't think he's the winning factor here.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Reeves stomps. The Jaegers are non-factors. They're giant targets with no hope of hitting something as small and fast as Superman. They were designed to fight big slow monsters.

At which point its 1 v 4. Faora and Nam-Ek can't fly, so they are also probably non-factors.

And although Zod and CavillSupes have some pretty cool things going on via better CGI technology, Reeve's Superman feats are better and we have more of them. The main one is probably smashing the moon, which is a better feat than either Zod or CavillSupers can measure up too.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

You God d#;m right they do! The Jaegars can causally hit with the force of 500,000 tons in one punch. Each Jaegar has their own very special abilities.

Even Gipsy Danger has a couple of weapons that have some molecule manipulating abilities.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeves stomps. The Jaegers are non-factors. They're giant targets with no hope of hitting something as small and fast as Superman. They were designed to fight big slow monsters.

At which point its 1 v 4. Faora and Nam-Ek can't fly, so they are also probably non-factors.

And although Zod and CavillSupes have some pretty cool things going on via better CGI technology, Reeve's Superman feats are better and we have more of them. The main one is probably smashing the moon, which is a better feat than either Zod or CavillSupers can measure up too.

Unless you reckon slow as in being able to react to objects that can move between 75-600 miles per hour being slow... That alone tags Hulk, Batman, many street levelers and debatably Spiderman. But since Superman is neither one of them my point is mute.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@supersaiyan_danger: So we're going to debate semantics? You said it yourself. Superman is a FTL character. He can travel to the moon in back in seconds. Their speeds don't compare.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: So we're going to debate semantics? You said it yourself. Superman is a FTL character. He can travel to the moon in back in seconds. Their speeds don't compare.

I'm just trying to say DON'T underestimate the Jaegars. It's just the way you presented them, their pure garbage.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: In this fight they are. They would never touch Superman. Their presence is irrelevant.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: In this fight they are. They would never touch Superman. Their presence is irrelevant.

Ok then, they are and my business in this thread is over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

You God d#;m right they do! The Jaegars can causally hit with the force of 500,000 tons in one punch. Each Jaegar has their own very special abilities.

Even Gipsy Danger has a couple of weapons that have some molecule manipulating abilities.

Exactly. However, keep in mind that Superman from movies 1-4 could fly around Earth 5 times per second and could push the moon. Imagine him flying that past and striking with that strength at the same time.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You never mentioned the Kaiju. They're here too.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@logy5000: I more or less feel the same way about them as I do the Jagers. They're just not fast enough to matter.

The one Kaiju with the EMP is the only one who might be able to hit him with a giant shockwave. But I doubt it doesn't anything.

Reeves' movies were made in the silver age and they reflect how OP Superman is pretty much, as you've said. Fast enough to fly around the earth in a second and can push the moon. Team 2 can't compete - ESPECIALLY since Reeves is BL'd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Fair enough. But I can see somebody arguing that Gypsy Danger could detonate while Superman is distracted by the Kryptonians, Jaegers, and Kaiju.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bloodluste Reeves? Ouch

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@logy5000 said:

@fallschirmjager: Fair enough. But I can see somebody arguing that Gypsy Danger could detonate while Superman is distracted by the Kryptonians, Jaegers, and Kaiju.

I'm pretty sure he has the speed to out-run such an explosion, even if distracted. Cavill outruns the phantom zone explosion/sucking in thing and Reeves is a lot faster. And if Gypsy did do that - all the Kaiji and other Jaegers would die for sure. I don't know how well the Kryptonians would take it. Faora and Nam-ek probably not well because they can't function when sensory overload happens because of their masks breaking. Zod and Cavill? No idea.

Cavill did tank gravity beams that were pretty serious, though I can't say anyone can make a direct comparison. It'd be pseudo-math at best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

I'm pretty sure he has the speed to out-run such an explosion, even if distracted. And if Gypsy did do that - all the Kaiji and other Jaegers would die for sure. Kryptonians could probably out run the explosion though and I don't consider them as fast as Reeves.

Haha I agree there. Reeve would fly circles around Cavill.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Powers-wise yeah. CGI not withstanding, Reeves' powers were along the lines of SA Supes. Just silly sometimes - but at least it was consistent.

I'm sure its blasphemy to most people, but I will say I think Cavill was fantastic as Superman and I enjoyed him just as much in the role as I did Reeves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Powers-wise yeah. CGI not withstanding, Reeves' powers were along the lines of SA Supes. Just silly sometimes - but at least it was consistent.

I'm sure its blasphemy to most people, but I will say I think Cavill was fantastic as Superman and I enjoyed him just as much in the role as I did Reeves.

With today's CGI, I bet the fight in Superman 2 could've leveled the entire American continent.

He did a really good job for the action, but I believe that Reeve will always be seen as the greatest of all Superman actors.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Like I said, its probably a minority opinion. I see them as equal.

Besides. People are way too overprotective when it comes to the original actor/actress playing the hero they love. Nostalgia is a powerful feeling/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Like I said, its probably a minority opinion. I see them as equal.

Besides. People are way too overprotective when it comes to the original actor/actress playing the hero they love. Nostalgia is a powerful feeling/

Agreed. But people are also protective about today since the CGI was amazing.

I think it'll be easier to decide when the hype has toned down.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

But Superman would have to travel SO much faster due to his incredibly inferior weight compared to the Jaegars

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: But do remember that unlike the MoS Kryptonians, Reeve Superman is capable of lifting the Jaegers.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: With ease. Gypsy is listed at like 2000 tons. That's nothing.

I'm pretty sure we'll even see that tonnage of feats from Cavill in future movies. I don't really doubt him being able to lift that now - just no feat yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: With ease. Gypsy is listed at like 2000 tons. That's nothing.

I'm pretty sure we'll even see that tonnage of feats from Cavill in future movies. I don't really doubt him being able to lift that now - just no feat yet.

I do agree that MoS Superman should be able to as well, but on the vine, everyone demands feats for every case.

Fortunately, Reeve has the feats. XD

The Jaegers had incredible striking power though. Probably even better than that of the Kryptonians.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@logy5000: Eh. Feat-wise maybe. Its hard to gauge the World Engine striking feat by Superman. It was impressive, but hard to measure to other feats as he was being weakened, and was striking alien technology.

But again. Speed wise...they don't stand a chance against anyone really. And the Heat vision in MoS was pretty serious IMO. If Zod can incinerate a building with his heat vision, they should be able to cut down a Jaeger with no problem at range, while flying around at the ridiculous speeds.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

I might have to disagree, Gipsy was able to resist the force of a 1.2 Megaton (at minimum) Nuke underwater. That's a strength resistant feat that I'm using for Godzilla vs Gipsy Danger in CAV. So basically if Reeve's Superman hasn't lifted 1.2 million tons with proof, he's not BFR'ing a Jaegar or at least throwing them.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngryHulks

@supersaiyan_danger said:

@fallschirmjager:

I might have to disagree, Gipsy was able to resist the force of a 1.2 Megaton (at minimum) Nuke underwater. That's a strength resistant feat that I'm using for Godzilla vs Gipsy Danger in CAV. So basically if Reeve's Superman hasn't lifted 1.2 million tons with proof, he's not BFR'ing a Jaegar or at least throwing them.

Christopher Reeve Superman had move the Moon with minimal effort.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger said:

@fallschirmjager:

Christopher Reeve Superman had move the Moon with minimal effort.

Ok then, I'm not saying Superman can't, it's just what I said... Don't lowball the Jaegar's... Yes overall against someone above sound speed and probably too durable for the Jaegar's to hurt. But this thread pit them against SUPERMAN. The big daddy of all heroes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: Eh. Feat-wise maybe. Its hard to gauge the World Engine striking feat by Superman. It was impressive, but hard to measure to other feats as he was being weakened, and was striking alien technology.

But again. Speed wise...they don't stand a chance against anyone really. And the Heat vision in MoS was pretty serious IMO. If Zod can incinerate a building with his heat vision, they should be able to cut down a Jaeger with no problem at range, while flying around at the ridiculous speeds.

I wouldn't really call it incinerating, it just cut the walls up.

And for the record, the heat of a nuke is actually more than likely hotter than heat vision. Of course, that's just an assumption.

@supersaiyan_danger I know AngryHulks already said it, but Reeve has pushed the moon and lifted the west coast. But lifting power doesn't necessarily equate to striking power.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can move the moon with physical strength, I'm pretty sure you're still going to be hitting hard enough to punch through a giant monster and/or machine.

Or rather, lifting is mostly done by your limbs supported by what the rest of your body can carry. Punching is generated from the rest of your torso. If a guy lifts and doesn't know how to punch, he'll still hit pretty hard. The added muscle mass does help. If he actually knows how to punch though, he'll certainly hit harder than a guy with lesser muscle mass.

All irrelevant when a punch from Reeve Superman would actually be less of blunt trauma and more piercing trauma just because of how fast he can fly into one of the larger creatures. I'm sure the Cellophane S would do wonders against the others as well... maybe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can move the moon with physical strength, I'm pretty sure you're still going to be hitting hard enough to punch through a giant monster and/or machine.

Or rather, lifting is mostly done by your limbs supported by what the rest of your body can carry. Punching is generated from the rest of your torso. If a guy lifts and doesn't know how to punch, he'll still hit pretty hard. The added muscle mass does help. If he actually knows how to punch though, he'll certainly hit harder than a guy with lesser muscle mass.

All irrelevant when a punch from Reeve Superman would actually be less of blunt trauma and more piercing trauma just because of how fast he can fly into one of the larger creatures. I'm sure the Cellophane S would do wonders against the others as well... maybe.

Until it inexplicably disintegrates.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I wouldn't really call it incinerating, it just cut the walls up.

And for the record, the heat of a nuke is actually more than likely hotter than heat vision. Of course, that's just an assumption.

@supersaiyan_danger I know AngryHulks already said it, but Reeve has pushed the moon and lifted the west coast. But lifting power doesn't necessarily equate to striking power.

Yeah pretty much, I don't know any good striking feats for Reeve's Superman, but I can tell you based on a category 1 Kaiju, the Jaegar's are durable enough to casually tank 225,000 tons of force and still be alright.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: It's mainly because of the lack of CGI in Reeve's movies.

But let's assume that Reeve only punches with 1/1000 of the force he potentially could; that's still quadrillions of tons of force.

Also, Reeve's heat vision was much more powerful than the heat vision in MoS. The HV in MoS was carving up a room in a building, whereas Reeve's HV sliced a mountain in half in seconds.

Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@supersaiyan_danger: It's mainly because of the lack of CGI in Reeve's movies.

But let's assume that Reeve only punches with 1/1000 of the force he potentially could; that's still quadrillions of tons of force.

Also, Reeve's heat vision was much more powerful than the heat vision in MoS. The HV in MoS was carving up a room in a building, whereas Reeve's HV sliced a mountain in half in seconds.

I wasn't even going to bother debating heat based attacks.... But I pulled up Tresspasser's ability to one-shot the Golden gate bridge which requires a minimum of 225,000 tons of force to bust. But most of the calculations are actually lowballing because Category 2-5 are more powerful then 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supersaiyan_danger: That's a great feat of strength, but Reeve has feats of lifting entire landmasses and pushing the moon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is how many blitzes a Jaeger or Kaiju cold take from a bloodlusted Reeve Superman.

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgentEx

If Reeve Superman charged up his speed and put all his strength into a blitz, he'd go through the Jaegers and Kaiju like a bullet.

As for the MoS Kryptonians vs Reeve Superman: well, take this vid for example. Replace Batman with MoS Kryptonians and replace Dracula with Reeve Superman at 1:01-1:13. That's what it would look like.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Only thing man of Steel superman has over classic is stronger blows and combat speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: He didn't look like he had stronger blows to me. Despite lack of CGI, he was still punching Zod through buildings in Superman 2. He just didn't fight as aggressively.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: In the movie he was hitting with a lot of speed and force.but keep in mind im talking combat speed.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers