• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

The magic vs user vs the person whose weak against magic. Now I'm not good at math but I can see this going one of two ways. And Superman isn't alive in either of them.

#52 Posted by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

The magic vs user vs the person whose weak against magic. Now I'm not good at math but I can see this going one of two ways. And Superman isn't alive in either of them.

That's just bad logic. That's like saying "a guy with a pencil vs Wonder Woman, who is vulnerable to sharp things."

#53 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

No, it's more like me saying you vs a guy with a gun. You could win, but I highly doubt it.

#54 Edited by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone:

Under certain circumstances they were able to dodge these spells and also Voldemort has a lot of prep time which means he would have the advantage of surprise on his side also on top of that Voldemort can become invisible in which he would use Crucio to torture Superman without needing to make any physical contact and he can use transfiguration. Superman takes magical attacks and assaults as any normal person would which ultimately and evidently means he is as susceptible as well as vulnerable, Avada Kedavra should do the trick, also via the method that spell is cast is through that of the Elder Wand which is technically the most powerful wand in the Harry Potter universe.

I distinctly remember Harry or some other person leaping out of the way to dodge a spell, and reacting to the spells. This means they aren't anywhere near bullet level, unlike Superman, who is massively hypersonic, and arguably lightspeed.

Do you know how fast this is? Voldemort wouldn't be able to lift his wand and perform the spell, or react, before Superman could take him out. Also, Superman can't be surprised by Voldemort- his superhuman senses insure that.

PIS, plot devices and CIS are heavy factors in many cases in regards to Harry Potter and what happens concerning the main as well as heroic cast such as Harry, also Voldemort usually toys and tests Harry he doesn`t really go all out also this is a random encounter for Superman which means he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to planning out a time to dodge or intercept, Voldemort can perform wandless magic and he can use magic that doesn`t require physical contact.

Voldemort has three days of prep, he can turn invisible, fly, teleport and he can possess as well. Voldemort on top of all that can use transmutation shields which would transmute Superman`s heat vision or ice breath those are Superman`s primary long range attacks, Voldemort can have this all set in stone during the courses of his prep time and with having prep he would know what to do against Superman, he wouldn`t allow Superman the chance to utilize his speed and Voldemort has no morals he would go all out with his more powerful spells, Superman can`t beat Voldemort under these conditions.

I really don't see how this can be considered PIS or plot device. Spells have never been shown to be especially fast, like lightspeeds or hypersonic.

On the flipside of your argument, Voldemort can't actually do anything. Superman has multiple forms of vision, he can see the electromagnetic spectrum, infrared, individual molecules, etc. so invisibility really won't do anything. Superman also has super senses, so sneaking up on him is nigh impossible. Superman's speed also lets him take out Voldemort before Voldemort can think.

As for Imperio, it is shown that a strong mind can fight against it, as displayed by Harry against Mad-Eye/Crouch, and Barty Crouch Sr. managed to escape Voldemort's Imperius spell, albeit with mental damage; Superman has shown in various times resistance to telepathy or telepathic attacks, so it's not too far-fetched to say that he could resist.

Also, I have never seen transmutation actually displayed as a spell, or transmutation shields, for that matter. In the end, Voldemort simply is too slow, and his curses are either too slow or simply ineffective against the likes of Superman.

Usually when in the situations regarding Harry Potter who is protected by his Mother`s Love and contains a portion of Voldemort`s power also at most times, Voldemort is shown to be holding back in which the plot advances to the inevitable climax.

Superman has morals on and even if Superman has shown to speedblitz it doesn`t prove anything, the actual problem is that there`s no guarantee that he actually would. Also Voldemort doesn`t need to sneak up on him, he doesn`t even need to make physical contact he can just use Crucio and have Superman tortured beyond measure also Voldemort would be invisible, I don`t think any of what you listed in regards to the many types of vision Superman possesses would be of any use against Voldemort. Imperio and Crucio are not the same, Voldemort used Crucio on Harry and Harry couldn`t resist it nor could he counter it, Imperio is a different type of Spell, Crucio attacks the body while Imperio targets the mind.

Dumbledore used them against Voldemort and Voldemort can perform them as well, also Voldemort has three days of prep who`s not to say that he wouldn`t use it at the beginning of battle? Voldemort can also summon Death Eaters and I wouldn`t be surprised if he does so against Superman, Voldemort would probably use them as bait furthering his chances of winning, a fight cannot simply come down to speed or be so centered around that of speed to determine the winner it also comes to advantage and the factors surrounding those advantages, Voldemort trumps Superman in that category by a significant margin, there are many outcomes that could result to that of this battle and those outcomes are as specified within the lists of reasoning.

1. Superman gets turned into a bunny or turtle via transfiguration.

2. Voldemort tortures Superman with Crucio and then ends his life with Avada Kedavra.

3. Voldemort possesses Superman and has him mentally wrecked.

4. Voldemort summons Death Eaters, different types of mystical creatures and has Superman occupied while he delivers the killing blow via his wandless magic and Fire spells.

#55 Edited by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

No, it's more like me saying you vs a guy with a gun. You could win, but I highly doubt it.

Actually, it'd be more like "me with faster than bullet speed, multiple forms of vision, super strength, and super durability vs a guy with a gun."

Voldemort is no where near fast enough to actually react to Superman, who is massively hypersonic. Superman could take him out before a thought was made. Not only this, but his spells are slow to, slow enough to be dodged by human level characters. Maybe if Superman was just a slow bruiser, I'd agree with you, but he's not.

#56 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: In all honesty, Voldemort can just call a Dementor and transfigure a sign pole into a beach chair, and watch Superman's soul get sucked out. LOL.

#57 Posted by X_insignia1 (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon, Superman has resisted being transmuted into a demon BY a powerful demon.

#58 Posted by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone:

Under certain circumstances they were able to dodge these spells and also Voldemort has a lot of prep time which means he would have the advantage of surprise on his side also on top of that Voldemort can become invisible in which he would use Crucio to torture Superman without needing to make any physical contact and he can use transfiguration. Superman takes magical attacks and assaults as any normal person would which ultimately and evidently means he is as susceptible as well as vulnerable, Avada Kedavra should do the trick, also via the method that spell is cast is through that of the Elder Wand which is technically the most powerful wand in the Harry Potter universe.

I distinctly remember Harry or some other person leaping out of the way to dodge a spell, and reacting to the spells. This means they aren't anywhere near bullet level, unlike Superman, who is massively hypersonic, and arguably lightspeed.

Do you know how fast this is? Voldemort wouldn't be able to lift his wand and perform the spell, or react, before Superman could take him out. Also, Superman can't be surprised by Voldemort- his superhuman senses insure that.

PIS, plot devices and CIS are heavy factors in many cases in regards to Harry Potter and what happens concerning the main as well as heroic cast such as Harry, also Voldemort usually toys and tests Harry he doesn`t really go all out also this is a random encounter for Superman which means he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to planning out a time to dodge or intercept, Voldemort can perform wandless magic and he can use magic that doesn`t require physical contact.

Voldemort has three days of prep, he can turn invisible, fly, teleport and he can possess as well. Voldemort on top of all that can use transmutation shields which would transmute Superman`s heat vision or ice breath those are Superman`s primary long range attacks, Voldemort can have this all set in stone during the courses of his prep time and with having prep he would know what to do against Superman, he wouldn`t allow Superman the chance to utilize his speed and Voldemort has no morals he would go all out with his more powerful spells, Superman can`t beat Voldemort under these conditions.

I really don't see how this can be considered PIS or plot device. Spells have never been shown to be especially fast, like lightspeeds or hypersonic.

On the flipside of your argument, Voldemort can't actually do anything. Superman has multiple forms of vision, he can see the electromagnetic spectrum, infrared, individual molecules, etc. so invisibility really won't do anything. Superman also has super senses, so sneaking up on him is nigh impossible. Superman's speed also lets him take out Voldemort before Voldemort can think.

As for Imperio, it is shown that a strong mind can fight against it, as displayed by Harry against Mad-Eye/Crouch, and Barty Crouch Sr. managed to escape Voldemort's Imperius spell, albeit with mental damage; Superman has shown in various times resistance to telepathy or telepathic attacks, so it's not too far-fetched to say that he could resist.

Also, I have never seen transmutation actually displayed as a spell, or transmutation shields, for that matter. In the end, Voldemort simply is too slow, and his curses are either too slow or simply ineffective against the likes of Superman.

Usually when in the situations regarding Harry Potter who is protected by his Mother`s Love and contains a portion of Voldemort`s power also at most times, Voldemort is shown to be holding back in which the plot advances to the inevitable climax.

Superman has morals on and even if Superman has shown to speedblitz the actual problem is there`s no guarantee that he actually would also Voldemort doesn`t need to sneak up on him, he doesn`t even need to make physical contact he can just use Crucio and have Superman tortured beyond measure also Voldemort would be invisible, I don`t think any of what you listed in regards to the many types of vision Superman possesses would be of any use against Voldemort.

Dumbledore used them against Voldemort and Voldemort can perform them as well, also Voldemort has three days of prep who`s not to say that he wouldn`t use it at the beginning of battle? Voldemort can also summon Death Eaters and I wouldn`t be surprised if he does so against Superman, Voldemort would probably use them as bait furthering his chances of winning, a fight cannot simply come down to speed or be so centered around that of speed to determine the winner it also comes to advantage and the factors surrounding those advantages, Voldemort trumps Superman in that category by a significant margin, there are many outcomes that could result to that of this battle and those outcomes are as specified within the lists of reasoning.

2. Voldemort tortures Superman with Crucio and then ends his life with Avada Kedavra.

4. Voldemort summons Death Eaters, different types of mystical creatures and has Superman occupied while he delivers the killing blow via his wandless magic and Fire spells.

First off, being protected by Mother's Love doesn't change the fact that human level teenagers dodge spells all the time- and not just from Voldemort, from Death Eaters too. They are clearly able to jump out of the way of spells, duck, react to them and cast a defending spell, etc. Spells have never been shown to be fast.

As I've said before for, it is actually in character for Superman to use his speed in combat. Now, what you're saying relies on Voldemort actually managing to perform the spell before Superman hears him with his superhearing, or picks him out some other way, which I doubt. Superman's sense are sped up, and Voldemort wouldn't be able to use the Crucio spell or any other before Superman takes him out via speedblitz.

Also, how would the visions not be of any use against Voldemort? He can detect Voldemort's body heat with infrared, see the whole electromagnetic spectrum, spot the difference in molecules, etc.

Voldemort may use the transmutation shield, but really, what's he going to do against Superman? Superman can fly in circles so fast he causes tornadoes, which would no doubt affect Voldemort, transmutation shield or not. Death Eaters? They'd be taken out without too much difficulty; again, Superman could take them out before a thought was made. I'm not saying that speed is the only factor, but the fact is, Superman has the means to take Voldemort out, and he can do all of this before Voldemort has a chance to react.

All of your "outcomes" cannot be performed without having time to react, and honestly, the first one is the one that I see only truly being able to work if Voldemort got the chance to use it. Superman has overcome great levels of pain, such as the Red Kryptonite, and bared it, and even tortured, the Avada Kedavra spell would be too slow to touch him- all he has to is just roll over. Being in pain doesn't lower his speed. Superman has fought against telepathy and telepathic attacks, and the Imperio spell has been fought off by people strong enough. And Death Eaters and mystical creatures aren't really going to do anything to Superman, they're too slow.

#59 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Edited by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

First, Superman wouldn't speedblitz someone he doesn't know because morals.

Second, Volemorts fighting style in the books is different than the one in the movies. The whole slo mo green lighning thing is done for visual effect for the audience. In the books they're described as streaming jets of green light. When he was fighting Dumbledore, a couple of wizards, statue, and a centaur he was teleporting all over the place and shooting jets of light without saying anything. He literally blew a centaur to pieces with a wordless Avada Kedavra. Not to mention he has the invisibility cloak in this. So it won't be as easy as you think.

#61 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17523 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman has any info, he can win. otherwise he tries to tank an ak and goes down.

#62 Edited by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio
@immortalone said:
@neongamewave said:

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone:

Superman has morals on and even if Superman has shown to speedblitz the actual problem is there`s no guarantee that he actually would also Voldemort doesn`t need to sneak up on him, he doesn`t even need to make physical contact he can just use Crucio and have Superman tortured beyond measure also Voldemort would be invisible, I don`t think any of what you listed in regards to the many types of vision Superman possesses would be of any use against Voldemort.

First off, being protected by Mother's Love doesn't change the fact that human level teenagers dodge spells all the time- and not just from Voldemort, from Death Eaters too. They are clearly able to jump out of the way of spells, duck, react to them and cast a defending spell, etc. Spells have never been shown to be fast.

As I've said before for, it is actually in character for Superman to use his speed in combat. Now, what you're saying relies on Voldemort actually managing to perform the spell before Superman hears him with his superhearing, or picks him out some other way, which I doubt. Superman's sense are sped up, and Voldemort wouldn't be able to use the Crucio spell or any other before Superman takes him out via speedblitz.

Also, how would the visions not be of any use against Voldemort? He can detect Voldemort's body heat with infrared, see the whole electromagnetic spectrum, spot the difference in molecules, etc.

Voldemort may use the transmutation shield, but really, what's he going to do against Superman? Superman can fly in circles so fast he causes tornadoes, which would no doubt affect Voldemort, transmutation shield or not. Death Eaters? They'd be taken out without too much difficulty; again, Superman could take them out before a thought was made. I'm not saying that speed is the only factor, but the fact is, Superman has the means to take Voldemort out, and he can do all of this before Voldemort has a chance to react.

All of your "outcomes" cannot be performed without having time to react, and honestly, the first one is the one that I see only truly being able to work if Voldemort got the chance to use it. Superman has overcome great levels of pain, such as the Red Kryptonite, and bared it, and even tortured, the Avada Kedavra spell would be too slow to touch him- all he has to is just roll over. Being in pain doesn't lower his speed. Superman has fought against telepathy and telepathic attacks, and the Imperio spell has been fought off by people strong enough. And Death Eaters and mystical creatures aren't really going to do anything to Superman, they're too slow.

Like I said, Voldemort actually doesn`t really go all out against Harry or the others in many of the cases involving confrontation also many times are the Harry Potter cast ducking behind solid objects or hiding behind large obstacles, when Cedric Diggory was hit by the Avada Kedavra he was unable to dodge it and he was fully aware in regards to being under intense pressure as well as fear, PIS, plot devices and CIS are huge factors as further proven.

Voldemort can use wandless magic and he has prep he wouldn`t be caught off guard or overpowered by Superman`s superhuman attributive abilities in regards to his speed and hearing also Superman usually accelerates when going certain speeds, there`s no guarantee that he would be able to speedblitz or decide to for that matter. This is a random encounter for Superman, he doesn`t know who Voldemort is or what he is capable of, Voldemort on the other hand does and Superman has no answer for Crucio also Voldemort would be invisible how would Superman be able to respond or counter Voldemort if he is invisible and is utilizing silence?

Voldemort would cloak himself completely in invisibility and he can use wandless spells also he wouldn`t give Superman the chance to do any of these things, what makes these abilities of less use is the fact that Voldemort can teleport and possess Superman instantly, Superman would need to analyze the situation, and would need the time in order to figure out Voldemort.

Are you really sure? Its not as easy as you are making it out to be, Voldemort would have many Death Eaters to occupy Superman also Superman has no answer transfiguration how is he going to counter Crucio which requires no physical contact? Heat vision, ice breath and the creation of tornadoes would be useless against transmutation shields also barriers can be created as well via transmutation and Superman wouldn`t notice Voldemort anyway if he is dealing with the Death Eaters who can fly instantly as well.

What does telepathy have to do with anything? Crucio is by no means a telepathic assault its a physical one and it doesn`t require contact, Voldemort can do this while invisible, also he can summon multiple Fire Snakes and I wouldn`t be surprised if Voldemort were to summon Dementors as well to have further aid with him in the furthering of assistance against Superman, like I keep saying, speed cannot determine everything when in regards to a fight, who`s not to say that Superman being in character would speedblitz immediately against someone he has no info on? He would analyze the situation first and decide upon his decisions.

#63 Posted by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: In all honesty, Voldemort can just call a Dementor and transfigure a sign pole into a beach chair, and watch Superman's soul get sucked out. LOL.

Lol. I agree and I can see that happening.

#64 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Superman has taken reality warping magic on a much higher scale. Like i have stated before, there is nothing in Voldemort arsenal that can come close to putting Clark down. Mismatch.

#65 Posted by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Superman has taken reality warping magic on a much higher scale. Like i have stated before, there is nothing in Voldemort arsenal that can come close to putting Clark down. Mismatch.

Voldemort can transfigure Superman and Voldemort has 3 days of prep he would know what Superman is capable of, Superman is weak against magic and it`s not simply vulnerability but its the effects when in using the same method which is magic in this case, Superman can be transfigured or tortured via Crucio and killed with Avada Kedavra.

#66 Posted by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon, Superman has resisted being transmuted into a demon BY a powerful demon.

Is the demon you are referring to by any chance Etrigan, do you have any scans? Also it depends on the situation also transfiguration and transmutation work in different ways although they can or at times are shown to achieve the same effects.

#67 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: Voldemort blitzed Dumbledore:

Voldemort teleports and then strikes at Dumbledore instantly if it hadn't been for the Fawkes the Curse would have killed Dumbledore, due to him being occupied by the snake :

Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike--

There was a burst of flame in midair above Dumbledore just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool where so recently the five statues had stood.

'Look out!' Harry yelled.

But even as he shouted, another jet of green light flew at Dumbledore from Voldemort's wand and the snake struck--

Fawkes swooped down in front of Dumbledore, opened his beak wide and swallowed the jet of green light whole: he burst into flame and fell to the floor, small, wrinkled and flightless. At the same moment, Dumbledore brandished his wand in one long, fluid movement--the snake, which had been an instant from sinking its fangs into him, flew high into the air and vanished in a wisp of dark smoke; and the water in the pool rose up and covered Voldemort like a cocoon of molten glass.

Let me have the facts explain crucio.

He has used Crucio as an accomplished way to easily stun someone. Rowling describes the pain of Crucio feeling like their bones were on fire, in fact their bones WERE on fire, and even brung someone near death begging for air with Crucio. Rowling was clear that Crucio sets the bones on fire metaphorically.

At the mention of Dumbledore's name, the members of the circle stirred, and some muttered and shook their heads. Voldemort ignored them.

"It is a disappointment to me...I confess myself disappointed...."

One of the men suddenly flung himself forward, breaking the circle. Trembling from head to foot, he collapsed at Voldemort's feet.

"Master!" he shrieked, "Master, forgive me! Forgive us all!"

Voldemort began to laugh. He raised his wand.

"Crucio!"

The Death Eater on the ground writhed and shrieked; Harry was sure the sound must carry to the houses around....Let the police come, he thought desperately...anyone...anything...

Voldemort raised his wand. The tortured Death Eater lay flat upon the ground, gasping

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Voldemort moved slowly forward and turned to face Harry. He raised his wand.

"Crucio!"

It was pain beyond anything Harry had ever experienced; his very bones were on fire; his head was surely splitting along his scar; his eyes were rolling madly in his head; he wanted it to end...to black out...to die...

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

#68 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...Superman wins. There is an almost infinite list of ways he can win.

#69 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: He can't be transfigured using simple spells. Facts are facts, he has come up against magic that is more powerful than Voldemort's from magic user much more powerful than Voldemort, and he did fine. He was able to take a blast that obliterated the entire JLA. The blast turned Wonder Woman to clay, Martian Manhunter into putty, Turned GL's constructs back on himself, Messed with the speed force itself, and wiped away every other member. Yet, Superman stood his ground, and simply walked up to the sorcerer and broke his staff.

There is no way that he is harming Clark, he is not weak to magic, is is slightly more vulnerable to it, that scan of Captain Marvel stating that Superman is "weak to magic" isn't even canon.

He has absolutely no way of tagging Supes either. HP spells are arrow speed at best, maybe some come close to the speed of bullets, but we are talking about a guy that can actively perceive lasers.

#70 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: You seem to be ignoring that fact that Superman has is not only not weak to magic, but he also has durability that is exponentially greater than anyone in HP. And even that is a complete understatement. He took a warping blast that tok down the entire JLA, but him. So what on earth can Voldemort do? Spells like crucio wont even make Clark wince.

And as i have already stated about 4 times. HP spells are arrow speed at best, and Clark can perceive and dodge lasers. He has faster than light reflexes and nanosecond reaction time. Good luck tagging him.

#71 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the OP, I thought morals on ment Superman wouldn't speed blitz and pull his punches since that was what was really intended to happen. SO

- NO SPEED BLITZ

- PULLED PUNCHES

Are the things I did mean to say.

#72 Edited by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara said:

@neongamewave: He can't be transfigured using simple spells. Facts are facts, he has come up against magic that is more powerful than Voldemort's from magic user much more powerful than Voldemort, and he did fine. He was able to take a blast that obliterated the entire JLA. The blast turned Wonder Woman to clay, Martian Manhunter into putty, Turned GL's constructs back on himself, Messed with the speed force itself, and wiped away every other member. Yet, Superman stood his ground, and simply walked up to the sorcerer and broke his staff.

There is no way that he is harming Clark, he is not weak to magic, is is slightly more vulnerable to it, that scan of Captain Marvel stating that Superman is "weak to magic" isn't even canon.

He has absolutely no way of tagging Supes either. HP spells are arrow speed at best, maybe some come close to the speed of bullets, but we are talking about a guy that can actively perceive lasers.

Do you have any scans? Also is there proof that Superman tanked a blast that was directed in the form of transfiguration? Also Voldemort can use Crucio to torture him, the Elder Wand is the most powerful wand and it doesn`t utilize a normal type of magic, there`s no proof that Superman would be able to resist Crucio or transfiguration. Voldemort is a very skilled and powerful dark wizard who has many years of experience in regards to different types of magic, he can use transmutation, transfiguration and with the Elder Wand he would be far more powerful, Voldemort only lost to Harry due to plot devices and he was weakened by the Horcruxes Superman wouldn`t have those types of advantages when in this battle and later showings prove otherwise in regards to Superman`s magical resistance.

He is vulnerable and susceptible to magic but he can be weakened or subdued by it as well, it depends on the forms and levels of magic also that is being used to achieve a certain effect.

Voldemort can turn invisible, use wandless spells that need no incantation and Voldemort can teleport instantly this is also a random encounter Superman has no prep and has morals on he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to Voldemort.

#73 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#74 Posted by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

First, Superman wouldn't speedblitz someone he doesn't know because morals.

Second, Volemorts fighting style in the books is different than the one in the movies. The whole slo mo green lighning thing is done for visual effect for the audience. In the books they're described as streaming jets of green light. When he was fighting Dumbledore, a couple of wizards, statue, and a centaur he was teleporting all over the place and shooting jets of light without saying anything. He literally blew a centaur to pieces with a wordless Avada Kedavra. Not to mention he has the invisibility cloak in this. So it won't be as easy as you think.

Oh really? It's in character for Superman to speedblitz, despite what everyone thinks.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ancient_0f_days/blog/thank-you-citizenbane-for-clarifying-why-speed-bli/79724/

Second, I've read the books. It doesn't change the fact that they've never been described as being anywhere past bullet speed, and character have been able to react to them. If humans can, Superman can. Also, an invisibility cloak won't do anything- Superman can pick him out by looking at molecules, using his infrared vision, the electromagnetic spectrum, or his many other forms of vision.

#75 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14 said:

Now if only the guy who was "weak" to magic wasn't thousands of times faster than his opponents ability to process information.

Even if speed blitz is off, he just walks up to Voldemort. This whole being "weak" to magic thing is being blown completely out of proportion to what is actually displayed.

#76 Posted by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, Voldemort actually doesn`t really go all out against Harry or the others in many of the cases involving confrontation also many times are the Harry Potter cast ducking behind solid objects or hiding behind large obstacles, when Cedric Diggory was hit by the Avada Kedavra he was unable to dodge it and he was fully aware in regards to being under intense pressure as well as fear, PIS, plot devices and CIS are huge factors as further proven.

Voldemort can use wandless magic and he has prep he wouldn`t be caught off guard or overpowered by Superman`s superhuman attributive abilities in regards to his speed and hearing also Superman usually accelerates when going certain speeds, there`s no guarantee that he would be able to speedblitz or decide to for that matter. This is a random encounter for Superman, he doesn`t know who Voldemort is or what he is capable of, Voldemort on the other hand does and Superman has no answer for Crucio also Voldemort would be invisible how would Superman be able to respond or counter Voldemort if he is invisible and is utilizing silence?

Voldemort would cloak himself completely in invisibility and he can use wandless spells also he wouldn`t give Superman the chance to do any of these things, what makes these abilities of less use is the fact that Voldemort can teleport and possess Superman instantly, Superman would need to analyze the situation, and would need the time in order to figure out Voldemort.

Are you really sure? Its not as easy as you are making it out to be, Voldemort would have many Death Eaters to occupy Superman also Superman has no answer transfiguration how is he going to counter Crucio which requires no physical contact? Heat vision, ice breath and the creation of tornadoes would be useless against transmutation shields also barriers can be created as well via transmutation and Superman wouldn`t notice Voldemort anyway if he is dealing with the Death Eaters who can fly instantly as well.

What does telepathy have to do with anything? Crucio is by no means a telepathic assault its a physical one and it doesn`t require contact, Voldemort can do this while invisible, also he can summon multiple Fire Snakes and I wouldn`t be surprised if Voldemort were to summon Dementors as well to have further aid with him in the furthering of assistance against Superman, like I keep saying, speed cannot determine everything when in regards to a fight, who`s not to say that Superman being in character would speedblitz immediately against someone he has no info on? He would analyze the situation first and decide upon his decisions.

Not going all out doesn't change the speed. If I went all out with a pistol, or held back, the bullet would still be traveling at the same speed. It's been show a number of times that human level characters can jump out of the way of spells. Of course, sometimes they can't, like in Cedric's case, but he really was not in the heat of battle then. If I recall correctly, they just saw Wormtail, and then he just performed the spell and killed Cedric. Cedric was not as prepared as he could have been.

And once again, it's in character for Superman to utilize his speed in combat- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ancient_0f_days/blog/thank-you-citizenbane-for-clarifying-why-speed-bli/79724/

I've already explained Superman's counter for invisibility (his multiple visions) and not saying anything doesn't actually make you silent. Superman can hear heartbeats and breaths. I can turn your "Superman has no counter for Crucio" argument against you, and say Voldemort has no counter for Superman's speed. Superman could turn around and zip his wand out of his hands with heat vision, take him out at superspeeds, or a number of other ways.

Superman has shown he can blitz whole hordes of enemies. Death Eaters are still human in reaction times.

I was actually referring to the "mental assault" but Crucio still has nothing against Superman's speed. Superman's superhuman perceptions will let him pick up Voldemort's presence before Voldemort can take him out.

#77 Posted by ComicStooge (12902 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the OP, I thought morals on ment Superman wouldn't speed blitz and pull his punches since that was what was really intended to happen. SO

- NO SPEED BLITZ

- PULLED PUNCHES

Are the things I did mean to say.

Sounds like you're trying to stack this so Voldemort wins.

Regardless, Superman easily avoid his spells or destroy his wand with heat vision.

#78 Edited by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

Not going all out doesn't change the speed. If I went all out with a pistol, or held back, the bullet would still be traveling at the same speed. It's been show a number of times that human level characters can jump out of the way of spells. Of course, sometimes they can't, like in Cedric's case, but he really was not in the heat of battle then. If I recall correctly, they just saw Wormtail, and then he just performed the spell and killed Cedric. Cedric was not as prepared as he could have been.

And once again, it's in character for Superman to utilize his speed in combat- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ancient_0f_days/blog/thank-you-citizenbane-for-clarifying-why-speed-bli/79724/

I've already explained Superman's counter for invisibility (his multiple visions) and not saying anything doesn't actually make you silent. Superman can hear heartbeats and breaths. I can turn your "Superman has no counter for Crucio" argument against you, and say Voldemort has no counter for Superman's speed. Superman could turn around and zip his wand out of his hands with heat vision, take him out at superspeeds, or a number of other ways.

Superman has shown he can blitz whole hordes of enemies. Death Eaters are still human in reaction times.

I was actually referring to the "mental assault" but Crucio still has nothing against Superman's speed. Superman's superhuman perceptions will let him pick up Voldemort's presence before Voldemort can take him out.

Actually it can and it does. Superman utilizes acceleration when going at certain speeds so in a way you can say that his speed does rely on some form of alteration or change in mechanic and dynamic. PIS and CIS was involved in those cases also the movies differ from the books in terms of the actual depiction of the spells that take place and if Avada Kedavra was very slow as you mention then regardless of the situation Cedric would doge it also Cedric is a top skilled wizard and its not like the attack hit him when it was not expected it was used with incantation.

Even against a opponent he doesn`t know or has no info on? Also restricting those chances are his morals as well, there`s no guarantee that he would utilize his speed to that measure. Like I said this is a random encounter, Superman wouldn`t just speedblitz and speedblitz is turned off also as recently stated by the OP, so its irrelevant anyways.

Voldemort while invisible wouldn`t attempt to make any significant noises or sounds and he can summon dementors also he can use transfiguration. Actually that doesn`t make sense considering the many conditions, Voldemort can use wandless magic, Voldemort would be invisible and Superman has no prep in regards to this fight he wouldn`t know Voldemort`s abilities and methods, and actually that logic loses its standing in regards to validity, if you are to reason within that route of perspective then I can turn the speed argument against you or expose the flaw within your fallacious assumptions that reverse or contradict with your own reasons because Superman cannot speedblitz as mentioned and confirmed by the OP also he has morals also this is a random encounter so there`s no proof that he would be zipping around at high speeds.

Death Eaters and Dementors would be present during the battle also this would further Voldemort`s chances of winning.

Like I said, speed doesn`t determine everything and he wouldn`t blitz somebody he doesn`t know also Superman usually tanks attacks so there is a good chance that he would try to tank Voldemort`s attacks not knowing that he uses magic rather than avoid or speedblitz Voldemort into submission.

#79 Edited by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: He never had punching speed like that. Scans?

#80 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17523 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Before you go any further with the cedric discussion, cedric was a skilled wizard, no doubt, and a good seeker. But he had no actual experience in a wizard duel, and more importantly, they were both very distracted at the moment, harry yelling because of the pain in his scar, and cedric wondering where in the world the winning cup threw them. Not to mention it was, arguably, his first time facing a wizard who's outright going to kill him. Specially if he was thinking it was all still part of the tournament. Cedric not being able to dodge is not a very good example, as cedric doesn't have outstanding reactions in the first place, and they were both confused out of their minds at the moment. (Not literally)

#81 Edited by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@neongamewave: Before you go any further with the cedric discussion, cedric was a skilled wizard, no doubt, and a good seeker. But he had no actual experience in a wizard duel, and more importantly, they were both very distracted at the moment, harry yelling because of the pain in his scar, and cedric wondering where in the world the winning cup threw them. Not to mention it was, arguably, his first time facing a wizard who's outright going to kill him. Specially if he was thinking it was all still part of the tournament. Cedric not being able to dodge is not a very good example, as cedric doesn't have outstanding reactions in the first place, and they were both confused out of their minds at the moment. (Not literally)

Those are great points but Avada Kedavra was brought up or described as being a very useless spell because of Harry Potter characters dodging it but if that was the case then Cedric wouldn`t have any problems at least ducking or stepping aside and I brought up the fact that Cedric was under pressure or had some form of fear but if Avada Kedavra is extremely slow and useless then he could at least made the effort or tried his very best to counter it no matter what. In the books when Voldemort was throwing around Avada Kedavra and certain spells they seemed to be a lot faster and caused problems for even Dumbledore also on top of that fact is Voldemort can even use wandless magic as well. Cedric was pretty confused and he was wondering where they were but it doesn`t mean he couldn`t of at least made the effort to dodge or even counter the assault with another type of spell even Harry managed to counter it and many other lower type wizards, Cedric was a very skilled wizard and he had a good amount of experience he should of known a form of combat or at least be aware of the safety measures. Also it doesn`t change the fact that most of the Harry Potter characters are hiding behind huge obstacles rather than outright dodging the spells. And even when Harry told Cedric to go to the cup which was a port-key he did not listen and he was alerted when Peter Pettigrew arrived he still was focused and he pointed his wand at Peter Pettigrew.

#82 Edited by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: What did you have in mind in terms of prep for Voldemort?

#83 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatehero0406: Prep is on the OP.

With prep, under these circumstances, Superman dies.

#84 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17523 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Agreed. The spells are fast, but for any human level opponent. even trained humans can be caught off guard, or peak humans on a very lucky day. But against clear superhuman characters, It's not that much of a threat.

#85 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the characters have any knowledge of each other and what they do? If not...considering that the characters are in character...I can see Voldemort taking this. The battle would start with some banter, as both combatants like to talk a lot, Voldemort giving him the whole "I am the Dark Lord" Shtick and Superman telling him "If you don't come quietly, I'll have to stop you by force" sort of thing. Voldemort would probably throw the first blast, and if Superman didn't know what was coming, his Avada Kedavra would kill him because rather than trying to dodge, he would attempt to tank it, assuming his invulnerability would save him. Since AK doesn't really do any physical damage and just sort of...snuffs the life out of you, Clark would die.

If the Characters DO have prior knowledge about each other, then Clark would dodge the AK and take Voldemort apart.

#86 Edited by Kal-El Summers (208 posts) - - Show Bio

With CIS/PIS off, Superman is not just going to let Voldermort throw a spell at him and stand there to tank it like a moron.

#87 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

It's argued that Batman has a chance.

How would Superman have any trouble?

#88 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on = No Speed Blitz + Pulled Punches

Even without speed blitz, Superman still have sufficient reflexes to dodge any of Voldemort attack. Even if Superman went just below the speed of sound, he's still too fast for Voldemort to react. Even without speed, he still possessed heat vision, he could lobotomize Voldemort or something.

#89 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with moral on, it doesn't mean that he can't see the spell incoming. And Zantana have give Superman a resistance to magic, so the statement"Superman is weak against magic" is moot.

#90 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Batman? AGAINST VOLDEMORT?

You know nothing about Voldemort, do you? DO YOU?

He can just transfigure Batman into a frickin' kitten. Influence his mind, cast Imperio, reanimate objects around him, or just summon a dementor to take his soul.

#91 Posted by Spidermayne (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really understand people saying voldemort can randomly do things... if voldemort hasn't done it why assume he can? I don't assume Superman can sing Opera.. By the time voldemort could utter a spell Superman could freeze him with his breath or do about 9million more things.

#93 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Superman can move faster than people think.

voldemort is dead if bloodlust on.

#94 Posted by dondave (37629 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#95 Edited by Name55555 (218 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidermayne said:

Don't really understand people saying voldemort can randomly do things... if voldemort hasn't done it why assume he can? I don't assume Superman can sing Opera.. By the time voldemort could utter a spell Superman could freeze him with his breath or do about 9million more things.

Don't forget that Voldemort is supposed to be a real genius, in his universe magician exist since for ever and they discovered thousand of spells, potions, curses etc. In like 3 or 4 years Voldemort was already able to perform almost all of them and was already trying to learn forbidden types of magic...

3 days of prep against Superman? i think he would win without any trouble!

#96 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Do you have any scans? Also is there proof that Superman tanked a blast that was directed in the form of transfiguration?

Powered through a magic user much more powerful than Voldemort, while fighting the Magic reality-warping effects.

I won't even touch the rest of it, you can see here that while others are having their own powers turned against them, in pain from the inside and being transfused, Superman is the only one able to stand there and fight. Disciple is much more powerful than Voldemort.

He is vulnerable and susceptible magic but he can be weakened or subdued by it as well it does depend on the forms and levels of magic also.

This is somewhat true, but only to extremely powerful users, Voldemort has never shown the power needed to put Superman down. IIRC, he has never been warped due to magic's effects, ever.

Voldemort can turn invisible, use wandless spells that need no incantation and Voldemort can teleport instantly this is also a random encounter Superman has no prep and has morals on he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to Voldemort.

Honestly, what will Voldemort do with prep? He has no way of gaining info on Superman. Will he do countless hours of research on him with a Supercomputer within the HP universe? No. He doesn't have the resources to make prep effective.

Even with invisibility, Clark has enhanced senses, he will be able to find him instantly. Teleportation does little, because his reaction time is still, below peak human. You seem to be ignoring the fact that HP spells are arrow speed, Clark has FTL reaction and could hit Voldemort 1,000 times before he reacted to the first punch.

#97 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Speedblitz for the win

yes I am using that tactic

deal with it

#98 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

superman easily, the battle would end before voldemort could even react. so being vulnerable to magic doesn't mean anything here.

#99 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

superman easily, the battle would end before voldemort could even react. so being vulnerable to magic doesn't mean anything here.

Heat vision :3

Ice breath :D

#100 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Batman? AGAINST VOLDEMORT?

You know nothing about Voldemort, do you? DO YOU?

He can just transfigure Batman into a frickin' kitten. Influence his mind, cast Imperio, reanimate objects around him, or just summon a dementor to take his soul.

.......You say this like I said Batman would win. For one, you need to relax. Two, It was in another thread with Batman vs Voldemort and you were on the losing side of that debate, remember? I even said in the beginning Voldemort would win, but everyone else showed that was wrong. So off of that debate, I'm just sayin Batman HAS A CHANCE.

Superman would stomp him silly.