• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

- Lord Voldemort is given 3 days prep to learn about Superman and gather all his weapons to fight him.

Gear:

- The Elder Wand

- The invisible cloak

- Morals Off

VS

- Superman is weak against magic here.

- Superman is not allowed to destroy the battlefield or BFRopponent

- Random Encounter

Morals on

- Fights on an unbreakable platform

Who Wins?

#2 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Voldemort really beat Superman?

#3 Posted by jamesisaacs (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Voldemort really beat Superman?

He could at least seal superman in a dimension he couldn't break out of. Only Harry could save him..possibly.

#4 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes speedblitzes

#5 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman FTW.

#6 Posted by Pope052 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4: Well he's weak against magic here, so I guess Avada-Kedavra would be capable of killing him, but Superman could dodge and one punch would be enough to kill or at least KO Voldemort.

I think it could go either way in this scenario.

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman smashes, too fast for any spell

#8 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21697 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps. He's faster. Stronger. Smarter. Way more durable. And cooler. He could see voldemort with supervision. He could still hear him. And all voldemorts spells will be easily dodged. This is borderline spite

#9 Posted by Frocharocha (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman delivers a bilion punches in a nano second, this will cause him pain forever lol. Not even kidding, if Superman get's info on the Horcruxes, Vold is dead in micro seconds.

#10 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4

1. Voldemort doesn't need the invisible cloak to go invisible, neither does Dumbledore

2. If Superman has speedblitz, this is a stomp in his favor and will be flagged. If he doesn't, Voldemort gets him after 15 minutes of battle.

#11 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman delivers a bilion punches in a nano second, this will cause him pain forever lol. Not even kidding, if Superman get's info on the Horcruxes, Vold is dead in micro seconds.

valdemort dies 100 times before he's body hits the ground lol

#12 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on = No Speed Blitz + Pulled Punches

#13 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort kills him.

#14 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4: Voldemort just plays with Superman. He casts Imperio and makes Superman hit himself. After he's finished with that, he could make Superman go across the world and kill people, maybe even world leaders for laughs.

When he's bored of Superman, he simply makes him stand still and blows him to bits with Explous, Avada Kedavra, or Confringo.

In other words, Voldemort stomps.

#15 Edited by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks said:

@mirrorwave4: Voldemort just plays with Superman. He casts Imperio and makes Superman hit himself. After he's finished with that, he could make Superman go across the world and kill people, maybe even world leaders for laughs.

When he's bored of Superman, he simply makes him stand still and blows him to bits with Explous, Avada Kedavra, or Confringo.

In other words, Voldemort stomps.

He can't do any of what you're suggesting before Superman speedblitzes him. Superman is simply too fast for Voldemort to react to.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't see that they guy said that Superman wouldn't speedblitz with morals on.

However, it is still pretty in character for Superman to speedblitz. See here- http://www.comicvine.com/profile/ancient_0f_days/blog/thank-you-citizenbane-for-clarifying-why-speed-bli/79724/

#16 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

Hell, I could beat Voldemort, if I had super speed/Heat Vision.

#17 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman quite easily.

#18 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone: Still, speedblitz is off here. Superman is stomped without speedblitz.

@the_lunact_and_manic

Heat vision can be stopped by protection charms. Heat vision is energy, spells are energy, charms have stopped energy before.

I agree with Superspeed, Voldemort can't react to Superman's speed.

#19 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this at all fair? Superman would rip Voldemort limb-from-limb

Spite.

#20 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: No he wouldn't.

With this, Voldemort just plays with him.

#21 Posted by dondave (36506 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Man

#22 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: You're joking right. He has speedblizted a countless number of foes, with morals on. It's completely in character. Also, puling punches? it only takes a finger flick from Clark and Voldemort is down for the count. He has FTL reflexes and HP spells travel slower than bullets, how is he going to tag him? Also, he has taken stronger magical hits from a countless number of people that could end Voldemort's life in one blast, and rarely goes down, how on earth will HP spells be able to hurt him?

He is exponentially slower, has no durability, and his maximum output wouldn't stagger Clark. Like i said, this is a spite.

#23 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman just punches his stupid nose to Mars......

#24 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: 1. The OP PULLED speedblitz. I don't care if you like it or not. He pulled it. Deal with it.

2. Slower then bullets? Harry Potter spells are atleast arrow speed.

3. FTL reflexes or not, he is not speedblitzing, the OP has pulled his punches. I agree, if the OP had not done that, Voldemort would get owned. But the OP has.

4. Superman is weak to magic and can die to Magic. Without his main powers, he stands no chance. And please know I am not trolling I just sincerely believe Voldemort can kill Superman if Superman isn't speedblitzing or punching.

Voldemort has blitzed Harry before, Dumbledore has blitzed Voldemort before, too.

Superman just punches his stupid nose to Mars.

@stronger Hater's gon' hate.

#25 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Some people disagree. Why? I have no idea.

People just don't understand how strong Voldemort is.

#27 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

1. The OP PULLED speedblitz. I don't care if you like it or not. He pulled it. Deal with it.

He stated what morals on meant. Superman has speed blitzed plenty of opponents with morals on. It doesn't matter though, Voldemort has absolutely zero chance of tagging Superman.

2. Slower then bullets? Harry Potter spells are atleast arrow speed.

You are just proving my point, Arrows are much slower than bullets. Even if they were as fast as bullet (they aren't) but we are talking about a guy that can perceive and dodge lasers.

3. FTL reflexes or not, he is not speedblitzing, the OP has pulled his punches. I agree, if the OP had not done that, Voldemort would get owned. But the OP has.

Do you know how much damage a pulled punch from Superman will do? He easily KO's meta-humans on a daily basis using pulled punches. Speedblitzing doesn't matter, Clark can easily put him down in one pulled punch anyways.

4. Superman is weak to magic and can die to Magic. Without his main powers, he stands no chance. And please know I am not trolling I just sincerely believe Voldemort can kill Superman if Superman isn't speedblitzing or punching.

I apologize if i have sounded arrogant i forgot how many people believe that magic has a similar effect to Kryptonite on Superman. It doesn't at all. He is not invulnerable to magic, so it can hurt him easier than blunt force can, but that is with really powerful attacks, noting Voldemort can come up with is powerful enough to put down Clark.

He took multiple magic lighting bolts from Captain Atom, lighting bolts that have ripped beings as powerful as Obsidian in half.

Voldemort has blitzed Harry before, Dumbledore has blitzed Voldemort before, too.

Neither of them are even peak human. Voldemort's blitz will be look like a sloth trying to hit him with multiple glowing arrows. Clark, without blitzing is just that fast.

#28 Edited by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: No he wouldn't.

With this, Voldemort just plays with him.

He never really pulled the speedblitz out. The OP is saying that morals are on, which he seems to think means that Superman won't speedblitz.

#29 Posted by chaoichi (77 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Voldemort even gonna hit him with ANYTHING current Superman is over 150x light speed. Since he can dodge every one of his attacks he can just one shot him.

#30 Posted by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman isn't going to be killed by an Avada Kedavra. Spells in Harry Potter are seen and dodged by (physically) human characters. Do you honestly think that Superman can't dodge what human level characters can?

#31 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Some people disagree. Why? I have no idea.

People just don't understand how strong Voldemort is.

Agreed. Also I believe Voldemort to be very underrated and many forget that Superman is not only vulnerable to magic but he is susceptible to it as much as a normal person is which means Voldemort could one-shot him in many ways. Many like to use Harry as a way to discredit Voldemort but they don`t realize that Harry was shielded and driven by plot devices in which he had to weaken Voldemort via the destruction of the Horcruxes to be able to defeat him.

#32 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

Under certain circumstances they were able to dodge these spells and also Voldemort has a lot of prep time which means he would have the advantage of surprise on his side also on top of that Voldemort can become invisible in which he would use Crucio to torture Superman without needing to make any physical contact and he can use transfiguration. Superman takes magical attacks and assaults as any normal person would which ultimately and evidently means he is as susceptible as well as vulnerable, Avada Kedavra should do the trick, also via the method that spell is cast is through that of the Elder Wand which is technically the most powerful wand in the Harry Potter universe.

#33 Edited by morgrim (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins easy. Folks just because he is weak against magic dosent mean every spell is going to kill him. He can speed blitz it would be an easy win

#34 Edited by jamesisaacs (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone said:

Superman isn't going to be killed by an Avada Kedavra. Spells in Harry Potter are seen and dodged by (physically) human characters. Do you honestly think that Superman can't dodge what human level characters can?

My word, i LOLED hard!

#35 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

There's literally no reason why Superman would not be able to dodge everything Voldermort could do with ease, weakened or not.

And he isn't really weak to magic, he's tanked magic that has smashed up the rest of the League pretty badly. He hasn't had this whole "normal/human" level durability towards magic in awhile.

#36 Posted by MisterWhisper (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

People get the wrong idea of a speedblitz. It is not someone using their speed to kill their enemy before they can move.

A speed blitz could just as easily be superman using his speed to heat vision the elder wand and pin Voldemort face down on the ground. That is very easily morals on.

#37 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ComicStooge (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

There's literally no reason why Superman would not be able to dodge everything Voldermort could do with ease, weakened or not.

And he isn't really weak to magic, he's tanked magic that has smashed up the rest of the League pretty badly. He hasn't had this whole "normal/human" level durability towards magic in awhile.

This.

If Superman was really as vulnerable to magic as any normal human, Captain Marvel's lightning bolt would've killed him straight up:

#39 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio

if speed blitzing is off than whats the point, might as well give voldemort a kryptonite ring if your going to do that

#40 Posted by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone:

Under certain circumstances they were able to dodge these spells and also Voldemort has a lot of prep time which means he would have the advantage of surprise on his side also on top of that Voldemort can become invisible in which he would use Crucio to torture Superman without needing to make any physical contact and he can use transfiguration. Superman takes magical attacks and assaults as any normal person would which ultimately and evidently means he is as susceptible as well as vulnerable, Avada Kedavra should do the trick, also via the method that spell is cast is through that of the Elder Wand which is technically the most powerful wand in the Harry Potter universe.

I distinctly remember Harry or some other person leaping out of the way to dodge a spell, and reacting to the spells. This means they aren't anywhere near bullet level, unlike Superman, who is massively hypersonic, and arguably lightspeed.

Do you know how fast this is? Voldemort wouldn't be able to lift his wand and perform the spell, or react, before Superman could take him out. Also, Superman can't be surprised by Voldemort- his superhuman senses insure that.

#41 Edited by ComicStooge (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

if speed blitzing is off than whats the point, might as well give voldemort a kryptonite ring if your going to do that

Where does it state speed blitzing is off?

Regardless, Superman can just take the wand out of his hand with heat vision, as soon as the fight starts.

#42 Posted by MisterWhisper (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Not to the level he did with the Elder wand. While he was capable of wandless magic it was never more impressive than low level telekinesis. Also he still moved his hand or arm each time.

#43 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed blitzing isn't off. Morals on doesn't mean no speed blitz.

#44 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not simply an issue of vulnerability and susceptibility but it is effectively attributed to that of the effectiveness via the same source within that of the method. Superman has tanked magic but what kind of magic and what type of effect in the achieving process was it made aware? Has Superman ever tanked and stood tall against a magical technique such as transfiguration?

#45 Posted by russellmania77 (15013 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: He deflected a spell with his hands.

Low level? He moved out a giant's body without use of a wand.

He can still fly, teleport, summon dementors, etc.

He also summoned a fire storm wandlessly with his mouth and hand.

#47 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone:

I distinctly remember Harry or some other person leaping out of the way to dodge a spell, and reacting to the spells. This means they aren't anywhere near bullet level, unlike Superman, who is massively hypersonic, and arguably lightspeed.

Do you know how fast this is? Voldemort wouldn't be able to lift his wand and perform the spell, or react, before Superman could take him out. Also, Superman can't be surprised by Voldemort- his superhuman senses insure that.

PIS, plot devices and CIS are heavy factors in many cases in regards to Harry Potter and what happens concerning the main as well as heroic cast such as Harry, also Voldemort usually toys and tests Harry he doesn`t really go all out also this is a random encounter for Superman which means he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to planning out a time to dodge or intercept, Voldemort can perform wandless magic and he can use magic that doesn`t require physical contact.

Voldemort has three days of prep, he can turn invisible, fly, teleport and he can possess as well. Voldemort on top of all that can use transmutation shields which would transmute Superman`s heat vision or ice breath those are Superman`s primary long range attacks, Voldemort can have this all set in stone during the courses of his prep time and with having prep he would know what to do against Superman, he wouldn`t allow Superman the chance to utilize his speed and Voldemort has no morals he would go all out with his more powerful spells, Superman can`t beat Voldemort under these conditions.

#48 Posted by MisterWhisper (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Deflecting spells is kind of pointless against Superman. Also he is a master level magician, him defecting spells should be simple.Yes sliding a giant along the ground would be low level telekenisis.

Flying/teleporting and such is not really an issue, still heat vision.

Nowhere did Voldemort cast a spell while he was wandless and immobile.

#49 Edited by ImmortalOne (3379 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone said:

@neongamewave said:

@immortalone:

PIS, plot devices and CIS are heavy factors in many cases in regards to Harry Potter and what happens concerning the main as well as heroic cast such as Harry, also Voldemort usually toys and tests Harry he doesn`t really go all out also this is a random encounter for Superman which means he wouldn`t know what to expect in regards to planning out a time to dodge or intercept, Voldemort can perform wandless magic and he can use magic that doesn`t require physical contact.

Voldemort has three days of prep, he can turn invisible, fly, teleport and he can possess as well. Voldemort on top of all that can use transmutation shields which would transmute Superman`s heat vision or ice breath those are Superman`s primary long range attacks, Voldemort can have this all set in stone during the courses of his prep time and with having prep he would know what to do against Superman, he wouldn`t allow Superman the chance to utilize his speed and Voldemort has no morals he would go all out with his more powerful spells, Superman can`t beat Voldemort under these conditions.

I really don't see how this can be considered PIS or plot device. Spells have never been shown to be especially fast, like lightspeeds or hypersonic.

On the flipside of your argument, Voldemort can't actually do anything. Superman has multiple forms of vision, he can see the electromagnetic spectrum, infrared, individual molecules, etc. so invisibility really won't do anything. Superman also has super senses, so sneaking up on him is nigh impossible. Superman's speed also lets him take out Voldemort before Voldemort can think.

As for Imperio, it is shown that a strong mind can fight against it, as displayed by Harry against Mad-Eye/Crouch, and Barty Crouch Sr. managed to escape Voldemort's Imperius spell, albeit with mental damage; Superman has shown in various times resistance to telepathy or telepathic attacks, so it's not too far-fetched to say that he could resist.

Also, I have never seen transmutation actually displayed as a spell, or transmutation shields, for that matter. In the end, Voldemort simply is too slow, and his curses are either too slow or simply ineffective against the likes of Superman.

#50 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortalone

Also, I have never seen transmutation actually displayed as a spell, or transmutation shields, for that matter. In the end, Voldemort simply is too slow, and his curses are either too slow or simply ineffective against the likes of Superman.

Dumbledore used a transmutation shield when defending against shards of glass.