• 91 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle begins right above the Daily Planet
No one's holding back
They'll start 30 ft. apart

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224270 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Kilowog would beat Kal-El down
#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes for the curb

#4 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
"

Supes for the curb

"

why?
#5 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowag stomps

#6 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowag wins

#7 Posted by Ben Doverand Taykit (434 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possible for Kilowog to win but Superman wins much more than he looses.

#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
"@Caligula said:
"

Supes for the curb

"
why? "

he has fought tougher people and won. Kilowog is badass, and best of the Lanterns but he is not in the same spectrum as Kal
#9 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Wisppeons said:
"@Caligula said:
"

Supes for the curb

"
why? "
he has fought tougher people and won. Kilowog is badass, and best of the Lanterns but he is not in the same spectrum as Kal "
Kilowags beaten him twice...nearly beat him in hand to hand and almost killed him in Superman./Batman

He wins rather easily
#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Blazed said:
"@Caligula said:
" @Wisppeons said:
"@Caligula said:
"

Supes for the curb

"
why? "
he has fought tougher people and won. Kilowog is badass, and best of the Lanterns but he is not in the same spectrum as Kal "
Kilowags beaten him twice...nearly beat him in hand to hand and almost killed him in Superman./BatmanHe wins rather easily "

im sorry, i haven't read that series. i'll have to check it out sounds interesting.
do you know what issue it happens in?
#11 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

.Kilowog vs Hal is a tough call
since Hal is just human but Hal has been called 'the best'
he's probably got more will power and imagination

That said
Most mere mortal Lanterns will probably have their shields quickly dropped by a Superman style blitz

but Kilowog is no mere mortal he's got super strength and insane durability of his species, so even if Superman drops those shields he can soak up some blows
He's also a trekkie style engineering genius and can probably think up a device to end Superman for good

#12 Posted by 7DEADPOOL7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog easily wins!

#13 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

superman takes this. superman not holding back should be able to easily beat kilowog. He was able to beat Hal Jordan rather easily and im not a green lantern expert but isnt he reffered to as the greatest officer of the Green Lantern corps.

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal-El stomps.

#15 Edited by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Kilowog 6/10

#16 Posted by emad_ishtiaque (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog

#17 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Kal-El stomps.

Maybe you should actually read a comic with Kilowog in it.

Please, Supes would KO him before he could even use the ring.

#18 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Kal-El stomps.

Maybe you should actually read a comic with Kilowog in it.

Please, Supes would KO him before he could even use the ring.

Yeah I guess you're right...I guess that must explain why Superman didn't lose to Kilowag twice...oh ..wait....

I consider those times PIS. Supes' stats and powers are far beyond that of a Green Lantern.

#19 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@TruePwnge said:

.Kilowog vs Hal is a tough call since Hal is just human but Hal has been called 'the best' he's probably got more will power and imaginationThat saidMost mere mortal Lanterns will probably have their shields quickly dropped by a Superman style blitz but Kilowog is no mere mortal he's got super strength and insane durability of his species, so even if Superman drops those shields he can soak up some blowsHe's also a trekkie style engineering genius and can probably think up a device to end Superman for good

What, when? To me he's the lantern with the least imagination. You never see him using the ring with better constructs than a giant fist or a sling. All the earth's lanterns seem to be having better ideas, and John Stewart even once had his ring saying "warning, imagination beyond ring's capabilities".

#20 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Im no Kilowog expert but if Superman can stalemate Darkseid when hes not holding back...I think in a tough call Id give it to Superman. I know Kilowog has crazy durability but so does Superman, I mean getting blasted by Omega beams? Tanking shots from Mongol? Superman has a million more feats than Kilowog. I also seem to remember when Arkillo was fighting Kilowog he almost killed Kilowog before losing.

#21 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Kal-El stomps.

Maybe you should actually read a comic with Kilowog in it.

Please, Supes would KO him before he could even use the ring.

Yeah I guess you're right...I guess that must explain why Superman didn't lose to Kilowag twice...oh ..wait....

I consider those times PIS. Supes' stats and powers are far beyond that of a Green Lantern.

Dude...shut up....seriously you're constantly stupidity is getting old. If you haven't read a sufficient amount of Green Lantern and Superman comics [and lets be honest, you haven't] then don't comment. It's that simple.

he's right it is PIS. supes is way more powerful than a Green Lantern

#22 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

he's right it is PIS. supes is way more powerful than a Green Lantern

Exactly.

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol said:

Dude...shut up....seriously you're constantly stupidity is getting old. If you haven't read a sufficient amount of Green Lantern and Superman comics [and lets be honest, you haven't] then don't comment. It's that simple.

Oh lord *eye roll* This debate is over. Come back when you can have an actual debate without being rude.

#23 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol: prove that supes has lost to a half dozen green lanterns

#24 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol: In the New 52 Superman is able to easily beat Hal Jordan and break his constructs

So, did Hal AND Kilowog fight Superman at the same time in superman/batman

And i need scans of all those feats

#25 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@YuriRepedeRitaCarol: very funny, why dont you be mature and stop insulting other users.

#26 Posted by Immortal777 (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have any speed feats for Kilowog because if not he gets speed blitzed.

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#28 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog.

People are treating Kilowog as a 'normal' green lantern which he isnt, he's extremely strong. Also i see no reason to believe Superman vs Kilowog, the way it happened in the comics Superman/ Batman (i am unaware of the second fight people are talking about) to be a PIS.

Also Hal Jordan or other green Lanterns arent so far less powerful than they cant fight a Superman (in character). Hal Jordan has beaten Major Force, Kyle has beaten him twice as well, and the same person went on to beat Superman and Wonder Woman together. Its just that Lanterns are normally under-estated, they arent weak by any means.

#30 Posted by Killerjax (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Kilowog.

People are treating Kilowog as a 'normal' green lantern which he isnt, he's extremely strong. Also i see no reason to believe Superman vs Kilowog, the way it happened in the comics Superman/ Batman (i am unaware of the second fight people are talking about) to be a PIS.

Also Hal Jordan or other green Lanterns arent so far less powerful than they cant fight a Superman (in character). Hal Jordan has beaten Major Force, Kyle has beaten him twice as well, and the same person went on to beat Superman and Wonder Woman together. Its just that Lanterns are normally under-estated, they arent weak by any means.

A>B>C does not equate A>C

#31 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killerjax said:

@Killemall said:

Kilowog.

People are treating Kilowog as a 'normal' green lantern which he isnt, he's extremely strong. Also i see no reason to believe Superman vs Kilowog, the way it happened in the comics Superman/ Batman (i am unaware of the second fight people are talking about) to be a PIS.

Also Hal Jordan or other green Lanterns arent so far less powerful than they cant fight a Superman (in character). Hal Jordan has beaten Major Force, Kyle has beaten him twice as well, and the same person went on to beat Superman and Wonder Woman together. Its just that Lanterns are normally under-estated, they arent weak by any means.

A>B>C does not equate A>C

Ok i am confused, what are you talking about??

#32 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 7/10.

#33 Posted by Superboy101 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#34 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Killerjax said:

@Killemall said:

Kilowog.

People are treating Kilowog as a 'normal' green lantern which he isnt, he's extremely strong. Also i see no reason to believe Superman vs Kilowog, the way it happened in the comics Superman/ Batman (i am unaware of the second fight people are talking about) to be a PIS.

Also Hal Jordan or other green Lanterns arent so far less powerful than they cant fight a Superman (in character). Hal Jordan has beaten Major Force, Kyle has beaten him twice as well, and the same person went on to beat Superman and Wonder Woman together. Its just that Lanterns are normally under-estated, they arent weak by any means.

A>B>C does not equate A>C

Ok i am confused, what are you talking about??

I believe he meant that due to different abilities and interactions, a character who can beat one won't necessarily beat the other even if the "other" is usually seen as weaker than "one". He probably hints to the fact that sometimes, some characters are a better counter to some other characters due to their inbuilt capabilities. Well, I guess?

#35 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN always!!!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by Lvenger (20230 posts) - - Show Bio

A no holding back Superman would definitely overpower Kilowag. He doesn't have that many feats with the ring. I mean sure he's supposed to be powerful but unless the ring has a mechanism to counter speed blitzing it's a Superman win here.

#37 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

I believe he meant that due to different abilities and interactions, a character who can beat one won't necessarily beat the other even if the "other" is usually seen as weaker than "one". He probably hints to the fact that sometimes, some characters are a better counter to some other characters due to their inbuilt capabilities. Well, I guess?

LOL that much i understood, well i always have understood that much, but i have no clue what that was directed towards me.

#38 Edited by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

A no holding back Superman would definitely overpower Kilowag. He doesn't have that many feats with the ring. I mean sure he's supposed to be powerful but unless the ring has a mechanism to counter speed blitzing it's a Superman win here.

Ring does have a mechanicasm to counter speed blitzing though, you can ask the ring to autoshoot anything moving faster than the speed of sound. Same thing was used by John Stewart against Flash , and the same was used by Sinestro against Superman.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Eternal19 said:

he's right it is PIS. supes is way more powerful than a Green Lantern

Exactly.

Is there anything to justify Superman being "way more powerful" than a Green Lantern? Because i have seen Green Lantern fight and do well against Superman level characters which includes but is not limited to Kalibak, Mongul (despite him being yellow, back when they had vulnerable to yellow), Major Force, Graven etc?

#39 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Lvenger said:

A no holding back Superman would definitely overpower Kilowag. He doesn't have that many feats with the ring. I mean sure he's supposed to be powerful but unless the ring has a mechanism to counter speed blitzing it's a Superman win here.

Ring does have a mechanicasm to counter speed blitzing though, you can ask the ring to autoshoot anything moving faster than the speed of sound. Same thing was used by John Stewart against Flash , and the same was used by Sinestro against Superman.

Uh, I'm equally clueless there.

#40 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Kilowog Ftw

#41 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Killemall said:

@Lvenger said:

A no holding back Superman would definitely overpower Kilowag. He doesn't have that many feats with the ring. I mean sure he's supposed to be powerful but unless the ring has a mechanism to counter speed blitzing it's a Superman win here.

Ring does have a mechanicasm to counter speed blitzing though, you can ask the ring to autoshoot anything moving faster than the speed of sound. Same thing was used by John Stewart against Flash , and the same was used by Sinestro against Superman.

Uh, I'm equally clueless there.

John used the said ability during Superman: Confidential, Sinestro one i can recall. I am sure if i google it for a while i can get the scan? would a scan help?

#42 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Killemall said:

@Lvenger said:

A no holding back Superman would definitely overpower Kilowag. He doesn't have that many feats with the ring. I mean sure he's supposed to be powerful but unless the ring has a mechanism to counter speed blitzing it's a Superman win here.

Ring does have a mechanicasm to counter speed blitzing though, you can ask the ring to autoshoot anything moving faster than the speed of sound. Same thing was used by John Stewart against Flash , and the same was used by Sinestro against Superman.

Uh, I'm equally clueless there.

John used the said ability during Superman: Confidential, Sinestro one i can recall. I am sure if i google it for a while i can get the scan? would a scan help?

You know, this conversation raises the essential question of how many comics a guy can read a year. I'm definitely not reading enough DC. If you find the scan and the issue, that would be great.

#43 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

You know, this conversation raises the essential question of how many comics a guy can read a year. I'm definitely not reading enough DC. If you find the scan and the issue, that would be great.

I wont say a lot about other story arcs, but if you havent read Superman: Confidential, i'd personally recommend you try it, not because the said feat is there but because its a very interesting story arc.

Also here's the scan from Superman Sacrifice, i cant seem to find the other sinestro scans:

#44 Posted by Lvenger (20230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: You do also realise in that story a no holds barred mind controlled Superman one shotted John's forcefield construct? Even with the ring's auto setting to shoot anything over a certain speed, the ring blasts won't instantly KO Superman. He can take a great deal of punishment and dish it out too. Kilowag's strong but if this turns into a close quarters fight, Superman will undoubtedly KO Kilowog. There are plenty of feats to suggest a no holding back Superman is a deadly threat.

#45 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Killemall: You do also realise in that story a no holds barred mind controlled Superman one shotted John's forcefield construct? Even with the ring's auto setting to shoot anything over a certain speed, the ring blasts won't instantly KO Superman. He can take a great deal of punishment and dish it out too. Kilowag's strong but if this turns into a close quarters fight, Superman will undoubtedly KO Kilowog. There are plenty of feats to suggest a no holding back Superman is a deadly threat.

Yes Superman has beaten John, and John has beaten the entire League as well, during Parallax: rebirth.

That being said, given the fact that Superman vs Kilowog did happen (apparently twice, the second time around i have no clue) and Kilowog did win the given fact, i would require a solid reason to believe Superman "will undoubledly KO Kilowog" apart from what people think he would. Because lets face it, on panel evidence of who's more powerful should be > our personal opinion and thats what Kilowog has, on panel evidence that he's stronger (he didnt use the construct when they fought, and he tends not to use them often).

#46 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

Still going with Kilowog.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (20230 posts) - - Show Bio

Likewise I'll need feats to show Kilowag can compete with Superman.

#48 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Likewise I'll need feats to show Kilowag can compete with Superman.

How about the fact that he fought and beat Superman in a fight, lol isnt that proof to show he can compete with Superman.

We can agree to disagree here mate. :)

#49 Posted by Lvenger (20230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Lvenger said:

Likewise I'll need feats to show Kilowag can compete with Superman.

How about the fact that he fought and beat Superman in a fight, lol isnt that proof to show he can compete with Superman.

We can agree to disagree here mate. :)

And in the next fight Superman won. A lot of inconsistencies in the draw. I was speaking generally. Like how he uses his constructs, how powerful they are or what type of constructs he uses. Because in a no holds barred fight what's to stop Superman from just slipping Kilowag's ring off his finger before a move is made? Majestic did it when he was in the DC Universe.

#50 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

And in the next fight Superman won. A lot of inconsistencies in the draw. I was speaking generally. Like how he uses his constructs, how powerful they are or what type of constructs he uses. Because in a no holds barred fight what's to stop Superman from just slipping Kilowag's ring off his finger before a move is made? Majestic did it when he was in the DC Universe.

Kilowog rarely uses his constructs, he didnt use that when he beat him during Superman/ Batman.

Never seen Superman beat Kilowog, what issue are we talking here? Would you happen to have issue no or scans (i can understand if you dont though, understandable).

Its mostly his physical stats.

Lanterns have busted planet with one blast from their ring, i dont see Superman tanking them.