The most likely scenario without BFR is that this is going to be a very long fight, as the battle rages and Jugs becomes more and more destructive there is a good chance Cyttorak would augment his power as he has done in the past when Jugs has been committed to destruction. This could very well turn into sups facing off against a Jugs similar to his 8th day form, the same one that wasn't the least bit phased by a all out assault by the likes of Thor, including easily tanking several direct hits from mjolnir without as much as blinking. Sups cant hurt Jugs, at all where sups will eventually, perhaps after a very long while, tire and Jugs will land a blow and that will be the beginning of the end.
Well it depends if Superman is in character or not in character. A no morals Superman would figure out pretty easily that Juggernauts powers are magic based and he cannot defeat him by brute force. He would Lobotomize him simply by removing Juggneranuts helmet and heat vision directed at the right spot of the head. This would make Juggernaut lose all sense of who he is completely. Even if Superman didnt do that he has mental attacks rarely used he can tap into just by willing it. Also depending if we are using pre or new 52 Superman. Both Silver age and Modern Age Superman had mental powers. This is Juggernauts only weakness besides being BFRed.
@hellionvulcan: Hulk has Thor beat in terms of Strength. This is why we see Hulk over power him. But in terms of striking power Thor is the best! Thors Hammer can lay out massive damage by using God Blast or just by Hammer attacks. Thor defeated Sentry/Void using his Hammer who at that time Sentry killed Gods!!! I know alot of people down talk Sentry as being weak but he is not. When Sentry/Void can rip a God in half and blow up Loki thats pretty powerful! Thor was the only one with enough Power to take him down.
Also. Thors God Blast has hurt some of the most powerful beings in the Marvel U. Thor even God Blasted Galactus and knocked him back if I am remembering correctly??? You might want to correct me on that. I do know Thor God Blasted a Eternity level being and knocked him down. I havent seen any Other Marvel or DC character (Superman, Silver Surfer, nobody) that did something like that without some kind of special enhancement. Thor did this without any improvements! Again I am talking about Striking Power not Brute Strength. Striking power does not mean fist attacks its over all power attacks. Hurting a Etnerity level being is close to Silver Age Supergirl beating up COIE Anti-monitor lol. Its insane!
Back to topic: I think if Superman wanted (and your oppinon may differ and thats fine) to he could Lobotomize Juggernaut and end the fight. Granted Juggernaut will not be dead but this isnt a fight to the death it is who will win without using BFR. Fight to the death its a tie. Superman comes back form even death by absorbing Sunlight/Juggernaut straight up cannot be killed unless the magic that empowers him is dispelled.
The topic says who will win. And I believe Superman can Lobotomize him and end the fight. Juggernaut would lose all sense of who he is,where he is, basically it shuts of his mind and all of its functions. This would mean the end for Juggernaut.....there is no healing factor that will heal a Brain shutdown. It would repair his brain functions over time......like the JLU cartoon Doomsday and his healing factor and adaptability power but for the moment he was just a helpless creature, completely dead upstairs. Im sure this would also happen to Juggernaut but you may disagree.
Anyway, my votes for Superman here by Lobotomy but there is a small chance it may not work so Ill give you that. But my vote is unchanged. Superman wins this fight.
Personally the only characters in the Marvel U id vote against Superman in situations is people I feel have enough power or brains to take him down. Mostly because Superman is over powered!!! But I also think he also should be.
List of Potential Marvel Characters that could defeat Superman:
1. Silver Surfer- I think he can beat Superman. He has the right tools and enough power to do it. Supermans chance of victory is very slim here but he can win. Enough Sunlight abosption or try to overpower the Surfer fast enough. On the other hand Surfer can simply drain out Supermans power. Id say this fight depends on who gets the drop on the other first. If the fight gets dragged out Surfer wins. It wont take Surfer long to study Supermans biology and take him out swiftly. If Superman lets this happen or prolongs the fight he loses.
2. Thor- He has enough hitting power to KO Superman. But Superman can also over power him.
3. Quasar- Unlikely to win but with strong enough shields and draining his enegry its possible he can pull it off. Ignoring PIS where Quasar blocks Galactus attacks ( that happened mostly because energy attacks dont work on Quasar; and I think Superman will use his fist!). But If Superman can break his shield Superman wins if not Quasar drains out all of Supermans energy. I cant see Quasars shields being more powerful than Hal Jordans. Maybe they are but that will take alot of time searching for feats.
4. Thanos- Character most likely to straight up out fight Superman. Superman will have his hands full but with alittle luck he can win. Thanos durability rivals that of Darkseid. I cant see either of them going down unless someone puts out massive amounts of Power. Thanos also has the Brains and the Brawn so that makes this tricky.
5. Doctor Doom- Enough said he is Doctor Doom he will find a way.
Thats pretty much it for me. Im sure there are others Im not thinking of right now but IMO these guys can take Superman down. If a character lacks the power then my vote will go Superman. He is too smart, powerful, and fast.
Hope I didnt bore you with all my ranting and thanks for the compliment.