#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman vs Current 616 Hyperion. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21965 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, but im interested in hyperions feats

#4 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4538 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue.

#5 Edited by DarkKnight96000 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#6 Posted by Silverrings (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Hyperion like destroyed and/or remade the universe or something? If so, he wins, of course. Otherwise, they seem pretty even, physically, with a slight edge to Superman. Assuming it's pre New 52 Supes, as well.

#7 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion, because he is superior to Thor, High Evo, Terminus, prety much every Avenger beside new characters, has planet level strength (two planet actually) and durability above planet level when it comes to pressure.

#8 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, this can of worms again. Cue the long debate about whether holding two Earths apart was a valid feat or not.

I'm going with Superman. 616 Hyperion tangled with Hulk for a bit and fought High Evolutionary/Terminus but....doesn't have much else to show by way of feats.

#9 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that New 52 Superman should have on Hyperion is speed.

Hasn't Hyperion like destroyed and/or remade the universe or something? If so, he wins, of course. Otherwise, they seem pretty even, physically, with a slight edge to Superman. Assuming it's pre New 52 Supes, as well.

He tried to hold two world from colliding into each-other and proceeded to tank the destruction of two universes being destroying in the process. To be noted: It's not him that gave out holding the planet back, it was planets themselves.

<----- Read in that order.

That is unless you're referring to something else.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings said:

He tried to hold two world from colliding into each-other and proceeded to tank the destruction of two universes being destroying in the process. To be noted: It's not him that gave out holding the planet back, it was planets themselves.

But Speed is Very Important... Especially if the Gap is Considerable... because as The Greatest Boxer once said "You Can't Hit What You Can't See"

On top of that, Superman's strength aint that bad either... being able to hold the weight of a planet on your back for an extended time and then asking is that all is not some low end Strength Feat.

#11 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not big enough for me to say Superman is going to blitz Hyperion down - since he's not exactly depicted as throwing his hardest hitting attacks at super-speed at all. I expect them to do them both to bullrush at high-speed and the rest to be defined by who hits harder.

On top of that, Superman's strength aint that bad either... being able to hold the weight of a planet on your back for an extended time and then asking is that all is not some low end Strength Feat.

It isn't - that feat in particular is better than any of the strength feats he pulls off pre-flash-point and does it for a number of days. Although I recall it being 'kinda' like the weight of Earth, rather than definitively the weight of the Earth - but that's splitting hairs.

Hell I'd say it's the best lifting feat I've seen out of the New-52.

#12 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

@silverrings said:

But Speed is Very Important... Especially if the Gap is Considerable... because as The Greatest Boxer once said "You Can't Hit What You Can't See"

But both have great speed, we just don't how great. We can't really compare it, so shouldn't be an issue.

@veshark said:

Ooh, this can of worms again. Cue the long debate about whether holding two Earths apart was a valid feat or not.

I'm going with Superman. 616 Hyperion tangled with Hulk for a bit and fought High Evolutionary/Terminus but....doesn't have much else to show by way of feats.

Being above HE and Terminus, puts him above Thor.

#13 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not big enough for me to say Superman is going to blitz Hyperion down - since he's not exactly depicted as throwing his hardest hitting attacks at super-speed at all. I expect them to do them both to bullrush at high-speed and the rest to be defined by who hits harder.

It isn't - that feat in particular is better than any of the strength feats he pulls off pre-flash-point and does it for a number of days. Although I recall it being 'kinda' like the weight of Earth, rather than definitively the weight of the Earth - but that's splitting hairs.

Hell I'd say it's the best lifting feat I've seen out of the New-52.

Superman doesn't have to blitz down Hyperion to use Superior Speed though... he could simply evade Hyperion strikes as he engages as he has the speed advantage... that's what quicker fighters usually do against their opponents... evade and attack and get away. As far as what you expect Well... that does not have to be the case at all.

@king_saturn said:

@isaac_clarke said:

@silverrings said:

But both have great speed, we just don't how great. We can't really compare it, so shouldn't be an issue.

Speed is always an issue... especially if one is faster than the other.

#15 Posted by Silverrings (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke Very impressive. Morreso than anything i've seen New 52 Supes do, and probably puts him on a par with, or just above, pre-New 52 Supes..?

#16 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#17 Edited by dondave (37986 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

#18 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666

I don't follow. The encounter with HE started with HE trying to talk peacefully, and either way Hyperion didn't actually beat him. And while Hyperion did beat Terminus and it's a good showing, he really just unplugged its power source. Overall, Hyperion doesn't have that much by way of definable feats.

#19 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

I get being evasive - like what the Flash was doing to Superman before the finger flick - but that won't win the fight if Superman to throw any power punches has to slow down anyways. Which is pretty much where Superman's impressive striking power lies anyhow.

To an extent, for some characters it really doesn't factor in.

@silverrings said:

@isaac_clarke Very impressive. Morreso than anything i've seen New 52 Supes do, and probably puts him on a par with, or just above, pre-New 52 Supes..?

Considering Prime was sporting a significantly less impressive showing with Monarch universal life-buster and everyone was arguing how he should steam-roll Pre- New 52 Superman because of it - I'd say above.

#20 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman vs Current 616 Hyperion. Who wins?

there is no Hyperion native to 616

#21 Posted by Experio (16272 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark. But its a good fight

#22 Posted by Silverrings (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Considering Prime was sporting a significantly less impressive showing with Monarch universal life-buster and everyone was arguing how he should steam-roll Pre- New 52 Superman because of it - I'd say above.

Wait, who did what?

#23 Edited by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Wait, who did what?

Super-boy Prime. He ripped open Monarch's chest, tanking the initial blow of energy that killed almost all life in the unverse (the universe, hell the even the planet was still standing). Prime himself was hurled into the future.

Almost all argument's involving the character pointed at this showing for his durability and edge on other A-Listers in the DC universe. Same with the usual 'tug' of a planet showing, which in this case you have Hyperion seemingly holding two back with each arm.

#24 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion beats new Supes.

#25 Posted by Mxyzptlk_CV (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman destroys Hyperion....Hyperion has nothing to show off apart from one questionable durability feat....Superman wrecks him....

#26 Posted by RetconCrisis (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion... not many valid feats, gonna have to side with Superman. 616 Hyperion, if I remember correctly, had a tough time trying to beat standard 616 Hulk.

#27 Edited by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

There must have been an invisible pencil keeping the planets from touching

Going with Superman btw not the guy who was modeled to be Superman

#28 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Not touching that with a ten foot pole.

#29 Posted by tensor (4491 posts) - - Show Bio

The original is always better than knockoff.Hyperion has yet to impress me.The most marvel can continue do with this character is just copy things superman do and put in marvel.

#30 Posted by patrat18 (9813 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

The original is always better than knockoff.Hyperion has yet to impress me.The most marvel can continue do with this character is just copy things superman do and put in marvel.

Pretty much.

#31 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

People seriously take that High Evolutionary and Terminus fight to far. How does Hyperion become more powerful than Thor because he flew throw Terminus? I don't get it, as for the fight. Superman wins as of now, may change a couple months from now though.

#32 Posted by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@deathandgrim said:

@veshark said:

But you caught what I said right?

#33 Posted by 18hunt (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion

#34 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@deathandgrim said:

@veshark said:

Sorry, but it's flying completely over my head...it's way too early here. O_o.

#35 Posted by DeathandGrim (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@deathandgrim said:

@veshark said:

@deathandgrim said:

@veshark said:

Sorry, but it's flying completely over my head...it's way too early here. O_o.

I implied that the writing is what allowed this feat to happen lol. Hence the pencil reference.

#36 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim Ah, alright. Never heard that expression before hmm.

#37 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@veshark said:

This

#38 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Hyperion hasn't impressed me. CIN.

#39 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me clear something:

1,If hyperion survive two "big bang" without ANY hurt,that would be put him over odin

2,Hyperion isnt stop two planets,he was fail,that never show us he push two planets,he just try stop them,And that not two planets,it's two universes,so you know where go on,if you think hyperion push two universe and withstand two big bang without any hurt,I'm sure hyperion would be become a cosmos level charater,you know that what mean,thor and hulk was nothing to do with them,oh,wait,hickman said thor and hulk in the hyprion power level

#40 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

People seriously take that High Evolutionary and Terminus fight to far. How does Hyperion become more powerful than Thor because he flew throw Terminus? I don't get it, as for the fight. Superman wins as of now, may change a couple months from now though.

IIRC thor had issues dealing with terminus. Also in suepioer spider-man team #1 Hyperion did have a pretty good showing against the avengers.

#41 Edited by Wolverine08 (42834 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@thundergodswrath said:

IIRC thor had issues dealing with terminus. Also in suepioer spider-man team #1 Hyperion did have a pretty good showing against the avengers.

He did.

#42 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

Add,the fanboys always exaggeration,well,hickman said hyperion could withstand two big bang,but we all know that no way

Also,hyperion isnt push earth,even not a short time,see scan,the universe was destroyed,he isnt stop them,two universe destroyed needs two planets touch each other

"At the end of those 8 hours,what follows is extremely simple.either both worlds are destroyed,along with their respective universes,as they smash together"

so,if you not stop two planets hit each other,they are would be destroyed in 8hours

The key part is coming

...Or one earth is destroyed,which eliminates the incursion point between the two universes sparing them both,eight hours,one event two possible ourcomes"

So,what mean?you destroy a planet,two universes would be saved,but if destroy two planet before they are hit each other,that still could be saved two universes,just semantic

Destroy two universes need two planets SMASH TOGETHER,then two universes would be destroyed too,that all happen 8 hours later,if you not stop Invasion,that will happen

Yes,two universe was destroyed,two universe was destroyed = two planets smash together,two planets smash together=two universe destroyed

All that will happen in the 8 hour later

There never said hyperion hold each other more than 8 hour,that why I said hyperion isnt push/move/hold anything

#43 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

As for hyperion how can survive two universe destroyed,I was no idea,but check scan

1,There isnt have any “big bang” happen,even no explosion

2,Hyperion never withstand "big bang" or "universe explosion" in his face,we all only see hyperion cry and next page he just float,so,what happen in the hyperion cry and he was float?I dont know,but that was most critical part,but hickman not show us,This gives fanboys the imagination space

#44 Posted by termiteone4ever (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

Well said , and if they are coping him do it right have him mimic superman down to the T showing the other they have no chance

#45 Posted by termiteone4ever (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion, because he is superior to Thor, High Evo, Terminus, prety much every Avenger beside new characters, has planet level strength (two planet actually) and durability above planet level when it comes to pressure.

I know you are more for marvel than DC a little wish full thinking stating that Hyperion is over superman .

What even strange superman did this feat long before Hyperion( the two planets colliding) U didnt acknowledge it at all and still claim thor was the best all of a sudden marvel does it and hyperion is better lol ? . I always liked knock off superman characters nothing much against them. Again this new 52 superman is beast no Hyperion / gladiator/ THor / HULK stands a chance agaist him . I will even provide the feats

I am not sure if u are keeping with both DC and marvel but Hyperion Doesnt stand a chance against this superman .Speed power / durability. Lets not go for earth 2 superman/ I wish injustice was cannon .

#46 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: In fact,fanboys said hyperion withstand two big bang,not just two planets colliding,though,no matter is big bang or two planets colliding,scan isnt show us hyperion withstand them,but..

lol

#47 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: In fact,fanboys said hyperion withstand two big bang,not just two planets colliding,though,no matter is big bang or two planets colliding,scan isnt show us hyperion withstand them,but..

lol

So because we didn't see supes benchpressing the actual earth he didn't do it, right?

If the writer said he did, then he did, end of story

#48 Posted by PowerWoman (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: What the hell?Superman isnt bench earth,He just bench earth weight,they are different,And you belive thor/hulk level charater can withstand big bang?serious ,you really beyond me

#49 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sebast_allen: What the hell?Superman isnt bench earth,He just bench earth weight,they are different,And you belive thor/hulk level charater can withstand big bang?serious ,you really beyond me

Well did we see him benchpressing the weight, did they ever explain how they stimulated that effect of heaviness? No, the writer said supes did the equivalent, end of story, the writer said hyperion did tank it, there is just more to be revealed

#50 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure bullrushing through Terminus' head (to essentially pull out its batteries) is exactly the feat to say that, but Hickman seems to want to push Hyperion in that direction over Thor.

It was pretty much impossible to be done in other situations in which we have seen fully powered Terminus (it was always said if he wasn't at full power). Terminus is easily above Thor for me.

@czarny_samael666 said:

I know, but:

1.Fight is in character, which means that it rarely is the most important factor. At least in these comics with current (in this case means adult Superman, I haven't read abouty young one yet) Supe.

2.Are You sure that Superman is faster than Hyperion? And how faster he is? I am not talking about flying speed, here we know that he is faster. Point is: their reflex is hard to measure to this point, so it shouldn't be an issue.

@veshark said:

@czarny_samael666

I don't follow. The encounter with HE started with HE trying to talk peacefully, and either way Hyperion didn't actually beat him. And while Hyperion did beat Terminus and it's a good showing, he really just unplugged its power source. Overall, Hyperion doesn't have that much by way of definable feats.

HE was able to KO Thor with his blast when suprised him (from right to left),

he didn't shoot down Hyperion

@king_saturnsaid:

I get being evasive - like what the Flash was doing to Superman before the finger flick - but that won't win the fight if Superman to throw any power punches has to slow down anyways. Which is pretty much where Superman's impressive striking power lies anyhow.

To an extent, for some characters it really doesn't factor in.

@silverrings said:

New Supe is planet level, Hyperion beat that with two planets, Pre-52 Supe doesn't have that kind of feats.

Hyperion... not many valid feats, gonna have to side with Superman. 616 Hyperion, if I remember correctly, had a tough time trying to beat standard 616 Hulk.

Like having problems with Thor or Hulk is actually as bad thing and something that would come easily to Superman.

@jashro44 said:

@thundergodswrath said:

He did.

In their first fight Thor completly lost.

@czarny_samael666 said:

I know you are more for marvel than DC a little wish full thinking stating that Hyperion is over superman .

What even strange superman did this feat long before Hyperion( the two planets colliding) U didnt acknowledge it at all and still claim thor was the best all of a sudden marvel does it and hyperion is better lol ? . I always liked knock off superman characters nothing much against them. Again this new 52 superman is beast no Hyperion / gladiator/ THor / HULK stands a chance agaist him . I will even provide the feats

I am not sure if u are keeping with both DC and marvel but Hyperion Doesnt stand a chance against this superman .Speed power / durability. Lets not go for earth 2 superman/ I wish injustice was cannon .

Actually... Current DC makes comics I like to read. A specially when it comes to feats, they are obvious and no one is dancing around. Superman and Darkseid are already planet level, there is also Ivicitus and pretty much equal to DS - Highfather. And there is whole thing with Helspont. I was only I little dissapointed with ending of Trinity War. I hoped it would be Eclipso who stand behind this.

Whole world is darker, characters seems more realistic. Old DC was too plastic for me, too many people were shown as ideals. Marvel never did that, well... Maybe Hulk and Cap were in some way, but this never helped them gainning my intrest.

To the thread:

Superman doesn't have that great feats. He is planet level, Thor and Hyperion are above that. Hulk can reach that level and Gladiator has him in striking feats. As much as Hyperion-712.