#1 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

I realize this fight has been done dozens of times, but I have never seen a thread that breaks fights, between the two, down into different scenarios.
Rules that apply to every round: no prep; no BFR; morals off; random encounter (no knowledge on their opponent). Unless stated otherwise, Hulk is in Worldbreaker form for every round. 
Each round takes place on an deserted, Earth-like, indestructible planet. Win by KO or death.

Round 1: New 52 Superman (Action Comics #1) vs Grey Hulk
Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk
Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk
Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk
Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem

Who wins each round?
#2 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk  - Tough call, but probably Superman since morals are off.
#4 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

this except i think he loses round 4 since u took away everything that makes him superman. hulk will eventually get stronger then him, though i think supes has better h2h and better durability.

#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I honestly don't see how Superman from AC # 1 is anywhere near strong enough to knock the Grey Hulk out. He'd run circles around him given his far superior speed, but neither his strength nor his durability are up to standards for such a fight.
#6 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk  - Tough call, but probably Superman since morals are off.
Who do you think wins round 5?
#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBatman586: It's purely theoretical, so I intentionally avoided answering, and I am not nearly as well versed in the Silver Age version of Superman as I would like to.
#8 Posted by jashro44 (22889 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 I don't recall much from action comics (and I haven't read 2 issues) but I think grey hulk is to durable for action comics superman. He did take a punch from uni power spider-man (which sent fixit to orbit) and he remained conscious.

Round 2 I am not sure...Superman did break green lantern constructs but I'm not sure if thats enough to say he is stronger then hulk (Hasn't Johns been nerfing green lanterns?) He did tag flash and in superman #1 was moving as fast as lightning so he is probably faster. Kind of hard to tell.

Round 3 superman for sure. To versatile.

round 4 Could go either way. Both are strong. I think superman is a better fighter though.

round 5 Most likely silver age superman. Hulk could be as strong as he wants he still has no answer to silver age supermans speed.

#9 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#10 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

One more bump for luck.
Anyone else?

#11 Posted by 80sBaby (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Grey Hulk; Round 2: Hulk; Round 3: Superman; Round 4: Hulk; Round 5: Hulk.

#12 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

This site banned threads like this so...

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity: There's nothing wrong with this thread.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem - ???

#15 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: I know I'm just messing with the OP and I wanted a chance to use that picture xD I find it hilarious personally

I dont know enough about hulk to have a valid opinion on this though

#16 Posted by superstay (10143 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: probably Grey Hulk, IDK that much about GA Supes to be sure.

Round 2:IDK about New 52 Supes.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman with morals off Supes'll just blitz to him and use he superior strength to knock his head off (literally). Supes full strength is alot higher then The Hulks, The Hulks strength rise to Supes lvl.

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman(same as Round 3 just with out the blitz ).

Round 5: SA Superman by way of mush more powers, At / Close to unlimited strength and speed, and if all else fails Plot-Devise/PIS/ even CIS. Because PC Supes doesn't know what losing is. lol

#17 Posted by SuperHulk8642 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys the 5th round means hulk turns into the juggernaut and has the power gem which double his strength and power 1000 x.

#18 Posted by Pokeysteve (8421 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk - New 52 Superman seems even more powerful than pre52 so I pick him.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk - Superman

I'm picking Superman for this. Yes Hulk will get stronger and stronger but people forget that Superman isn't a moron. He's going to notice and act accordingly.

I don't know enough about Grey Hulk and the extras in round 5 to really pick a winner there.

#19 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

supes all rounds effortlessly.

#20 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman all rounds, but it sure isn't effortlessly.

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22218 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd say all supes hardest one being round 4

#22 Posted by Sebast_Allen (1586 posts) - - Show Bio

Grey hulk Has years of feats to suggest he beats superman in strenghth, durability, stamina, endurance, jumping capabilities and he can thunder clap.

While supes will probably spam lazers and speed blitz, he has not shown the strenght or power capable of taking down a savage hulk, let alone an indestructible hulk :)

Very tough battle, though i must admit, supes will come out on top on account of his speed abd other -powers.

Hulk wins in a brutal battle, he has better regeneration, will become stronger ( if he isnt already) and more durable (if he already isnt).

Round 5, Total toss up. Hulk wont feel any pain and will be juggernaut strength + Hulk ever growing strength + Power gem (!0x strength). But he cant hope to tag silver age supes

#23 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: New 52 Superman (Action Comics #1) vs Grey Hulk : Going with Grey hulk. Action comics superman nearly died from a train hit, albeit it was a bullet train, and took time to learn jumping to outer atmosphere. Compared to that, gray hulk has lolmeteorite..

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk : Assuming it's current hulk, I'd go with new 52. He's fast, (pluto to earth in two minutes) Strong (earth lift ftw) good striking power (planet quaking punch) has a huge arsenal of abilities. Current hulk barely moves at blur speed.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk : No need to comment here.

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk : Have to say I'm not sure how this would go, but didn't preflash point superman do the hold-black hole-hit-moons thing? I don't think hulk can fight with that, even with speed equalised? Maybe higher versions, like wwh or wbh..

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem . No idea.

#24 Edited by thevarioty436 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk = (consistently lifting up 5.97 sextillion megatons of force for 5 days with no sunlight >>>> destroying a meteorite with help with a short burst of 108 quadrillion megatons of force

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk (tough fight)

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem (too many assumptions)

#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (43685 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#26 Posted by dondave (38533 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by Erkan12 (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by Experio (16667 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1539 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: New 52 Superman (Action Comics #1) vs Grey Hulk : Going with Grey hulk. Action comics superman nearly died from a train hit, albeit it was a bullet train, and took time to learn jumping to outer atmosphere. Compared to that, gray hulk has lolmeteorite..

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk : Assuming it's current hulk, I'd go with new 52. He's fast, (pluto to earth in two minutes) Strong (earth lift ftw) good striking power (planet quaking punch) has a huge arsenal of abilities. Current hulk barely moves at blur speed.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk : No need to comment here.

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk : Have to say I'm not sure how this would go, but didn't preflash point superman do the hold-black hole-hit-moons thing? I don't think hulk can fight with that, even with speed equalised? Maybe higher versions, like wwh or wbh..

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem . No idea.

round 1 agreed

round 2 agreed but not easy

round 3 agreed

round 4 disagree: hulk held together time soo... i think time and reality>>>>black hole

round 5 lol i say...superman for a slight majori...hulk for th....to close to call lol

#30 Edited by ilikedonuts (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes all rounds 'cept the last one. The power gem alone can give Hulk any power he wants.

I dont get what yer tryin' ta tell us though. Ya say "World Breaker Hulk all rounds" but then all in the sudden ya come an' tell us Grey Hulk is on the first round, an' normal Hulk the others.

If it's World Breaker Hulk I go with him any day.

#31 Edited by christian_gunn37 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

lets look at this for a second the hulk can destroy a planet with out even touching it like he did when he clashed with red she hulk in the dark dimension and he still gets stronger

he caught silver surfer and hurled him to the ground in the sky

his skin gets so impurvious that an adamantium needle or wolverines claws cant penitrat his skin

so what is lazer vision gonna do

and he also doesnt need air to breath be cause his body adapts like crazy

reflexes become so fast that he can catch supes seen it when he caught a teleporter the middle of teleporting

and he held his planet sakaar from seperating so when he grabs supes their is no letting go

cant drown because he can adapt and grow gills

and he cant tire out because well his radiation wont allow it

hes a trained fighter

also has the mind of bruce banner or the intelgence of him any ways

read some where that his gamma radiation is the same as the red sun (dont know if its true or not)

and he is also a herald of galactus, he now can morph reality create and erase life increased every thing 1000 fold because of the cosmic power dont now if the life thing is true or not but i thought it sounded cool

so hulk STOMPS!!!

#32 Edited by superfan_dc_mu (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: New 52 Superman (Action Comics #1) vs Grey Hulk - Don't know enough to comment

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk - Wreckage, too fast, too strong plus Morals off...kicks him into space and uses heat vision to decapitate him.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk - Same as above but with Red Underwear on his outfit

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk - Could be interesting, I think if Pre-Flashpoint Superman is hitting as hard as he possibly can and doing it consistently, Hulks going down. I sort of picture it going the same as the page posted (I know it's not a canon fight, just how I see it going down).

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem - He'll create a "super pulling a win out of my ass" power to whoop on Hulk if he needs to regardless of what he's got.

#33 Posted by superfan_dc_mu (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: New 52 Superman (Action Comics #1) vs Grey Hulk - Don't know enough to comment

Round 2: New 52 Superman (modern day) vs Hulk - Wreckage, too fast, too strong plus Morals off...kicks him into space and uses heat vision to decapitate him.

Round 3: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (all powers) vs Hulk - Same as above but with Red Underwear on his outfit

Round 4: Pre-Flashpoint Superman (speed reduced to Hulk's level, only powers he has are his strength and durability) vs Hulk - Could be interesting, I think if Pre-Flashpoint Superman is hitting as hard as he possibly can and doing it consistently, Hulks going down. I sort of picture it going the same as the page posted (I know it's not a canon fight, just how I see it going down).

Round 5: SA Superman vs Hulk w/Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem - He'll create a "super pulling a win out of my ass" power to whoop on Hulk if he needs to regardless of what he's got.

#34 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman for every round, except round 5 which is essentially a living plot device vs a being wielding plot devices. Its impossible to call.

I thought Round 1 was Rookie Superman vs WB Hulk, and I was like, "Huh, a match Hulk actually wins." Then I reread it.

#35 Posted by superfan_dc_mu (207 posts) - - Show Bio

lets look at this for a second the hulk can destroy a planet with out even touching it like he did when he clashed with red she hulk in the dark dimension and he still gets stronger

he caught silver surfer and hurled him to the ground in the sky

his skin gets so impurvious that an adamantium needle or wolverines claws cant penitrat his skin

so what is lazer vision gonna do

and he also doesnt need air to breath be cause his body adapts like crazy

reflexes become so fast that he can catch supes seen it when he caught a teleporter the middle of teleporting

and he held his planet sakaar from seperating so when he grabs supes their is no letting go

cant drown because he can adapt and grow gills

and he cant tire out because well his radiation wont allow it

hes a trained fighter

also has the mind of bruce banner or the intelgence of him any ways

read some where that his gamma radiation is the same as the red sun (dont know if its true or not)

and he is also a herald of galactus, he now can morph reality create and erase life increased every thing 1000 fold because of the cosmic power dont now if the life thing is true or not but i thought it sounded cool

so hulk STOMPS!!!

I'm going to try and be as nice as I can because you have 4 posts and I've already been flagged for having a condescending attitude (and making taunting/mocking memes towards God_Spawn and ghostravage, and some other asshat that I don't remember) and I don't know how long those flags last. Buuuuuttt anyways, you're juggling incarnations here, and OP only stated "Hulk" which I believe would just be standard savage hulk that they are referring to and not Herald of Galactus or World Breaker...or Doomsday-Hulk (when did Hulk randomly adapt and grow gills?) .

#36 Posted by chaos911 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@superfan_dc_mu: that marvel vs dc match was decided by fans.

Round 1:didn't read AC#1 can't comment

Round 2:Superman

Round 3:Superman

Round 4:Hulk takes it after a long fight

Round 5:no comment

#37 Posted by TheGrayGhost (979 posts) - - Show Bio

New52(Action Comics 1) Superman vs Grey Hulk

Grey Hulk wins after a tough fight. Action Comics 1 Superman was much faster but Grey Hulk was much stronger/ more durable. Lasts a while but eventually Hulk lands his hits

New 52 Superman vs Current Hulk: The guy who bench presses the planet rips Hulk in half. Also ridiculous speed advantage, flight, HV , the usual etc

Pre Flashpoint Superman ( all powers) vs Hulk: Epic Stomp.

Pre Flashpoint Superman ( speed equalized ) vs Hulk: Superman is part of teams that can move planets and moons . The guy kept up a casual conversation even as bits and pieces of his body floated around in space time warping tesseracts. Contained a black hole that would have wiped out the solar system ( although briefly and this could be PIS ). Even ignoring the black hole feat, Superman was stronger/ more durable than Hulk

5. SA Superman vs Hulk ( Cyttorak Gem and Power Gem): How much of Cyttoraks power is Hulk channeling? The Power Gem isn't going to help given Thanos ran about even with PG Thor and as tough as Thanos is , SA Supes is tougher still. In any case Supes wins. If he cant beat him down straight on( and that might be a possibility given Juggernaut continuing to roll after being reduced to a skeleton and all that) , he can certainly BFR him with casual ease

#38 Posted by chaos911 (2594 posts) - - Show Bio

@superfan_dc_mu: the op states its world breaker every round unless otherwise stated and the doomsday hulk is the ultimate version I believe

#39 Edited by MasterKungFu (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1) Supes

Round 2) Hulk

Round 3) Supes

Round 4) Supes

Round 5) Supes

#40 Posted by Tarandriel (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - hard to say, 50/50

Round 2 - Supes, easily.

Round 3 - Again, Supes easily.

Round 4 - Harder match than earlier two, but Supes takes it again.

Round 5 - Hard to say, as it's impossible to say how powerful would Hulk be with such boosts. Still SA Supes was ridiculous, so he probably wins again.

#42 Posted by Cregan_Stark (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Superman taking round 3 and Hulk taking the rest

#43 Edited by WolverineIsTOAA (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Only way I ever see Hulk beating Superman is if he was immobilized in a cofferdam for 50 years watching hes family, earth get tortured, scorched and other means necessary to see him up to hes highest peak which would be quiet awesome to read.

#44 Posted by MeleeGod (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes is winning, because of speed and strength are above hulk oh and regenarative factor of hulk yeah clark can beat him in just few seconds!

#45 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Hulk
  2. Haven't kept up with either
  3. Superman
  4. I feel it could go either way :/
  5. Not qualified to talk on that
#46 Edited by Killerwasp (5598 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hulk
  2. Haven't kept up with either
  3. Superman
  4. I feel it could go either way :/
  5. Not qualified to talk on that