Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Sy8000  Online

@shadowhuntr:

And yet, Thor was hurt badly by mortars a couple of years ago. Does that mean he still can't take mortar fire? Or Silver Surfer can't take hits from a brick? They are called low showings. Superman's recent feat (Pre-52) show us that he's not affected by Kryptonite as much as he used to. Anyway, Superman's powers fluctuate A LOT. They change depending on the writters.

No...just no...the lanterns have proven they have the firepower to take down Superman time and time again. John did major damage to Fernus, the same Fernus that stomped Superman. Not a low showing at all by any means whatsoever.

Sure he's not THAT weak, but if Hal makes a planetary construct of kryptonite? Don't be absurd.

So if you want to include Superman in a VS, you gotta take his high end feats which includes him having a somewhat ''resistance'' to Kryptonite, red sun and magic.

John and Hal don't even need kryptonite to beat him you know.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#253  Edited By Wolverine008
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By mysoulz

@shadowhuntr said:

What are you talking about? He isn't even trying to get out. He's angry but not stupid and Wonder Woman is calming him down.

Superman was flexing his arms and shouted, therefore, he was trying to bust through until Wonder Woman calmed him down. Superman didn’t bust through John’s constructs immediately, which was the whole point. Hal Jordan isn’t going to just sit there and watch in this battle. Hal’s going to throw every construct that he can imagine against him when that occurs.

And by the way, he didn't use all his strenght in the other scan.

Yes he did, otherwise he wouldn’t have made that statement.

For God sake, Superman was able to shatter TIME and SPACE with his fist.

Superman alternates didn’t shatter time and space with their fists. The timeline and reality has been effected upon during their meeting. Luthor already caused the reality to be damaged by using the tower by extending the multiverse when they fought to save their worlds.

And who cares if he couldn't get out of a construct with strenght? He can phase through the construct with his speed.

Space is needed in order to vibrate Superman’s molecules via speed. Superman has to match his vibrational frequencies in order to phase through a particular substance such as both John and Hal’s constructs. Hal Jordan already briefly mentioned flashes won’t be able to vibrate through his constructs, because space wouldn’t be provided when they’re contained. Flashes are more efficient and they utilize molecular vibrations better, because it’s part of their character. John put amounts of pressure against superman on the scan above, which there’s no space. So he would be unable to get out John’s constructs via phasing with his speed.

Who cares they are top tier lanterns? I have read almost all Green Lanterns comics.

I also read just about every lantern comic and yet we’re in disagreement. So that doesn’t mean anything.

And I still don't think they can fight a guy who can break their constructs, speed blitz them, phase throught their constructs, manipulate their mind with Torquasm Vo, etc. Even heat vision could be problematic. There is a reason why the GLs were scared of Sodam Yat...

Superman’s going to have a hard time attempting to blitz against two lanterns that demonstrated superhuman speed feats in the past. Torquasm Vo is more like a meditation technique, which superman hasn’t used such ability for a while in pre-flashpoint. It doesn’t seem like he would concentrate on this art while bloodlusted considering the style focus on his right state of mind (correct me if I’m wrong). He already had a problem by resisting Arion’s magical telepathy, which he used Martian Manhunters technique instead of the Torquasm Vo/Rao. This is not even considering lanterns resisting telepathy in the past, anyways. And Sodam Yat is irrelevant here.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was thinking the team, but then i saw it's morals off. supes will speedblitz before the team can even think about doing anything.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hal solos.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gl's stomp

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with the general consensus that Lanterns stomp this match. Unless you're referring to Injustice Supes, then this can get interesting.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@stefano said:

The two lanterns stomp. One any on them alone would be enough to give superman a very hard and debatable fight. They can set their rings to automatically blast anything that moves above the speed of sound.

No Caption Provided

what comic is that from?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mismatch.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering, except for that stupid eye thing, has any GL been able to severely hurt or contain Supes?

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering, except that stupid eye thing, has any GL been able to severely hurt or contain Supes?

they've only contained him when he's holding back, but when he wants to break out he could easily do so.

John Stewart supposedly has the strongest constructs of the three GLs
John Stewart supposedly has the strongest constructs of the three GLs

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

He could beat both 1 on 1 in an epic fight them together and this is a massive stomp

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By marygcrisostomo

1 versus 1 they both give Superman a fight, especially Hal. Together lanterns stomp

Avatar image for joekentonemilli
JoeKentonemilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps.

The amount of people voting for the lanterns is embarrassing; though many, if not most, of these comments are from 8 years ago and things have been cleared up since then.

Current prime Superman beats both of these powerful lanterns if he is serious. Bloodlusted? Superman stomps; people are greatly underestimating how dangerous a bloodlusted Superman is, as he could beat the entire latern corp with mid difficulty. My advice is to go look up current "Superman respect" or "Superman feat" threads, do the same with the individual Lanterns, THEN comment. Superman's high feats are numerous and consistent now and the Lanterns are not impressive in comparison.

Now, if kryptonite is involved, which it probably would be with these guys, that might give the Lanterns an edge, but Superman's speed is still waaaay faster then theirs and he's bloodlusted.... again, stomp.

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joekentonemilli:

1) This is pre-52 Superman and pre-52 Lanterns
2) Current Superman gets stomped by the current duo
3) Superman is just as inconsistent

I mean Superman wins this match, but that doesn't make the stuff you said anywhere near correct.

Avatar image for joekentonemilli
JoeKentonemilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wabubub:

"current Superman gets stomped by current duo."

Lol no. I see you are not up-to-date on Superman. This is a mismatch, the duo could bring the entire green latern corp and they would still lose. Might want to go do some reading. Speed alone beats your argument.