superman vs hal jordan

scarlife34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lord_galactus: that would work if he required oxygen to live unless you are using one of the weakest versions of him

scarlife34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By scarlife34

@willpayton: it seems he was interrupted he formed it but did it actually work or did he have to stop to fight the others?

joaosousacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal!

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Er...Supes wins it in the long one, unless we're talking about Hal amped with some Ring entity

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dondave: your whole comment is far fetched. We all know that superman is the most powerful character in the justice league behind Martian man hunter.

Flash is easily the most powerful, dude erased all the pre 52 heroes from history, and created and controls a dimension beyond space and time at his whim, which he can instantly use to trap, and make people statues. Barry also tanked a antimatter wave strong enough to destroy a universe(coie novelization) and ran right into the blackhole where the universe was created(coie novelization), wally has moved faster than time after his amp from krazz(human race) and bart beat sbp twice in the same comic and used time travel to wreck smp

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 9/10 times

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

hal made his own green lantern out of his own will

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman ...

no contest. Just overall more powerful.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheChiefEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal would defeat Clark.

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheChiefEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheChiefEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheChiefEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KalelOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

SirDlckJizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible stomps them both. Mark Grayson is a Herald.

ironstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps

If nothing else, hal's power ring will run out of charge eventually but I think superman wins far before that.

OkPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ch'p stomps both of their ugly faces.

Ch'p>Hal Jordan>Superman

chstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By chstar

I mean, there's been quite a few examples of superman removing hals ring from his hand before he is able to do anything, owing to superman's speed in the comics. how many times does he need to do this in canon before you accept superman wins this easily? besides, it's not like superman hasn't wrecked green lanterns countless times in the past

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided

superman wins...minimal effort

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal in a good fight.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chstar: You do know that the examples you cited are non canon right?. Thus completely irrelevant to the versions used here.

Vaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar: First one is from an animated retelling of Geoff Johns first JL arc which isn't canon to the N52 or Pre Flashpoint. Second one is from Red Son, also not applicable. Epic fail. Go read a comic sometime son.

Vaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal would win in a decent battle. Inb4 someone says Human Lanterns are less versatile and are Iron Man level.

TheLoneRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaas said:

Hal would win in a decent battle. Inb4 someone says Human Lanterns are less versatile and are Iron Man level.

hahah

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal in a hard brutal fight for a majority just because I like him more and he can win. Course Clark can win to and be can break Hal's constructs, but not easily nor one after another. So close, but majority to Hal Jordan

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, and it’s been established in canon. A bloodlusted Hal barely put a dent in Clark with a massive energy blast, and a barrage of construct hits was completely tanked as well. Literally a week ago in Hal’s own comic, he attacked what he though was a Parallax possessed Supes (in reality it was just regular Supes) only to be given a concussion by Clark on freaking accident.

Hal is all but incapable of hurting Clark with blunt force damage including constructs and the strength of his constructs isn’t enough to restrain him, his only options are piercing constructs or energy projection, the latter being questionable given that in their latest encounter Kal overpowered him in a duel of this kind. Supes is faster and his punches can and will do major damage to Hal, who lacks blunt force durability on the caliber that Clark can dish out, even if we factor in shield constructs, since Clark has actually broken down the constructs of John as well as Kyle, both can be argued, for different reasons, to have more durable constructs than Hal.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman

Vaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usual ignorance about GLs. Totes called it.

chstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar said:

I mean, there's been quite a few examples of superman removing hals ring from his hand before he is able to do anything, owing to superman's speed in the comics. how many times does he need to do this in canon before you accept superman wins this easily? besides, it's not like superman hasn't wrecked green lanterns countless times in the past

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

superman wins...minimal effort

and these are just examples folks. There are many stories of superman easily defeating green lantern. Many yell the tired arguments of "not canon" or whatever. But how many times do we need to see superman overcoming green lantern before it's obvious? I mean, we have plenty examples of Supes easily defeating Green lantern, whether it from brute force (shown in video), or by moving faster than thought (seen in the comic post), such that Hal can't compete. Call it non canon all day, guess what we still have many stories of Superman trashing lantern without much effort. Tell me? how many stories do we have of Hal trashing superman?

That's what I thought.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By pipxeroth

@chstar: I don't think you understand what 'canon' means.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By MasterSkywalker

Lol that's hilarious. Red Son is not canon to the versions being used and that other clip is from an animated movie. Im choking on food.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Comicexplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In conclusion if we put every circonstances in favor of Hal he Win. But if not supes takes it

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supy

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By blackpantherisb

Superman

chstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar: I don't think you understand what 'canon' means.

the point. you missed it

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar: You don't have a point to make. If it's non canon, it doesn't matter. At all. It's about as relevant as me drawing a shitty picture of Hal killing Superman in microsoft paint and saying "see here's proof Hal can win".

Uallhoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting on almost decade old theaters, love it....take that u mod losers

chstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar: You don't have a point to make. If it's non canon, it doesn't matter. At all. It's about as relevant as me drawing a shitty picture of Hal killing Superman in microsoft paint and saying "see here's proof Hal can win".

wow. No you're right definitely. you're picture of Green lantern beating up Superman is definitely as valid as two DC officially licensed products containing scene's in which superman easily defeats green lantern.

You're missing the point, I know what canon means. But it doesn't make a difference. If we see countless examples of superman defeating green lantern in various official DC media than it's strong arguments in favor of Superman. Just because this very specific version of superman hasn't fought this very specific version of green lantern doesn't mean we completely discount all the times superman has defeated green lantern in various other stories...some of which were canon at one point before reboots.

In short, look at all these stories of superman defeating green lantern. I see no reason to believe it would be any different in this scenario. Again I ask the simple question. Where are all the stories of HAl defeating Clark?

exactly.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chstar:

wow. No you're right definitely. you're picture of Green lantern beating up Superman is definitely as valid as two DC officially licensed products containing scene's in which superman easily defeats green lantern.

It is, because they're not canon.

You're missing the point, I know what canon means. But it doesn't make a difference.

Clearly you don't if you think something being non canon is irrelevant.

If we see countless examples of superman defeating green lantern in various official DC media than it's strong arguments in favor of Superman.

No, it's not. It's as strong of an argument as going around in public asking people "who wins??"

Just because this very specific version of superman hasn't fought this very specific version of green lantern doesn't mean we completely discount all the times superman has defeated green lantern in various other stories...some of which were canon at one point before reboots.

What? Of course it matters. This is canon post-crisis Hal Jordan vs canon post-crisis Superman, so you use feats for canon post-crisis Hal and canon post-crisis Superman. Nothing. Else. Matters. If you want to go argue true composite Supes vs true Composite Hal, then go for it, make your own thread. But non canon fights mean nothing here.

In short, look at all these stories of superman defeating green lantern. I see no reason to believe it would be any different in this scenario. Again I ask the simple question. Where are all the stories of HAl defeating Clark?

Except, you know, they're completely different versions of the characters with completely different feats that aren't in any way shape or form relevant to the discussion at hand? The only things that matter here are canon post-crisis feats. And funnily enough, this version of Hal and Clark have fought before while Hal was mind controlled, and if anything he had the advantage.

Before he broke out of the mind control. So much for Supes "easily beating Hal" huh?

exactly.

I don't want to be harsh because you're a new user, but please try and learn how comic debates work. If something is non canon, it's not relevant to the discussion at hand. It holds zero weight.

chstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Of course it matters. This is canon post-crisis Hal Jordan vs canon post-crisis Superman, so you use feats for canon post-crisis Hal and canon post-crisis Superman.

I pretty much stopped reading here lol. Did you even read to yourself what you wrote? That sounds utterly ridiculous lol. No no, I am sure you right. Who cares that their are countless stories in which superman has [easily] defeated green lantern. Who cares that there are no stories of HAl defeating superman. Because the green lantern we are discussing is post reboot 1, but pre reboot 3 while taking into account mini reboot 1.5 but only when the moon is full during winter lol.

Because I am sure even though superman has many victories over green lantern and green lantern has none over superman, that this time will be different because this is green lantern version 15 vs superman version 35. It makes a HUGE difference.

Folks here are the facts. As pointed out above, we have seen superman take out green lantern time and time again. While green lantern has never taken out superman...period. I mean how many more examples of this...

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

...do we need to see before we realize that DC see's green lantern as inferior to superman? I am sure that green version 22 has never fought superman version 35, but do we really have any reason to believe it would turn out any differently. Has green lantern ever defeated superman? that's the end of it.