superman vs hal jordan

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Gambit474

I say superman wins..especially if he goes at Hal without holding back. Recently Superman was knocking it with Orion and if I recall Orion's a god so..Superman can fight gods but not a green lantern? Don't think I understand Hal Jordan supporters if they have that kind of logic

GL did do that kryptonite stuff but..

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/2841675-haljordan_vs_superman_precrisis.jpg

GL didn't fare too well against Darkseid who not only broke through his contstructs but grabbed his arm and broke it in his clutch. Superman on the other hand can fare better against DS,which I'm pretty sure implies he can handle GL even more

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/9381/112618.jpg

Because if DS can do it..so could Superman. From what I'm seeing GL's constructs must not be very strong because I'm looking at Wonder Woman breaking free of them too..I would post the scan but it's not working correctly when i try to go to the site it's on,however I think it says it's from Justice League #11 from new 52. WW also broke through them again and backhanded GL here..

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/128505/2552990-2478298-jl__11___page_13.jpg

So I'm not really getting the hint as to how GL is going to handle Superman when he can't handle beings near his same strength and abilities

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say superman wins..especially if he goes at Hal without holding back. Recently Superman was knocking it with Orion and if I recall Orion's a god so..Superman can fight gods but not a green lantern? Don't think I understand Hal Jordan supporters if they have that kind of logic

GL did do that kryptonite stuff but..

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/2841675-haljordan_vs_superman_precrisis.jpg

GL didn't fare too well against Darkseid who not only broke through his contstructs but grabbed his arm and broke it in his clutch. Superman on the other hand can fare better against DS,which I'm pretty sure implies he can handle GL even more

http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/9381/112618.jpg

Because if DS can do it..so could Superman. From what I'm seeing GL's constructs must not be very strong because I'm looking at Wonder Woman breaking free of them too..I would post the scan but it's not working correctly when i try to go to the site it's on,however I think it says it's from Justice League #11 from new 52. WW also broke through them again and backhanded GL here..

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/128505/2552990-2478298-jl__11___page_13.jpg

So I'm not really getting the hint as to how GL is going to handle Superman when he can't handle beings near his same strength and abilities

It's less Superman can fight god and can't fight a Green Lantern and more he can fight a POWERFUL God and can't fight a Green Lantern since, like the God of War Olympians, some gods are weak as jobbers. :P

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal turns intangible and BFR's Clark through a wormhole ....

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still not convincing me of Green Lantern pulling off a win here after seeing scans of heroes/villains on Superman's level knocking GL around. Like I said..even Wonder Woman was backhanding him into next week

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL HAL Takes This

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal could take SM if they didn't retcon the green kryptonite thing. Also, SM is mortal. Golden SuperMan is crap and we all know it.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An experienced Green Lantern will always be able to handle a Kryptonian. If Hal's fighting at his fullest, he wins.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

lantern creates kryptonite

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By brainstorm01

with his ring hal can phase throw solids

He can mindrape supes

Can creat kryptonite radiation

So hal ftw

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hal Jordan got greater powers but Superman is to durable for him

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern knows he'd lose this fight. even Hal ain't kidding himself GL fanboys.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal ftw. Pieface using Hal'a ring was able to defeat Superman with telepathy. Not to mention that Hal can deposit Superman anywhere in the Time Stream and leave him to die, teleport him into a Red Sun, his Lantern, The Power Battery on Oa or a Pocket Dimension. Or he could just turn the planet into Kryptonite.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dondave said:

Hal ftw.

1. Pieface using Hal'a ring was able to defeat Superman with telepathy.
  2. Not to mention that Hal can deposit Superman anywhere in the Time Stream and leave him to die,
  3. teleport him into a Red Sun, his Lantern, The Power Battery on Oa or a Pocket Dimension.
  4. Or he could just turn the planet into Kryptonite.
  1. How old was this? Was it before Supes had good TP resistance?
  2. Post Crisis Lanterns can time travel?
  3. Those are doable
  4. Ehh, has he ever done something on that big a scale?
Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Stefano

I think Hal can with if he goes all out, like when he killed krona

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Experio

Hal.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dondave said:

Hal ftw. Pieface using Hal'a ring was able to defeat Superman with telepathy. Not to mention that Hal can deposit Superman anywhere in the Time Stream and leave him to die, teleport him into a Red Sun, his Lantern, The Power Battery on Oa or a Pocket Dimension. Or he could just turn the planet into Kryptonite.

Is this Silver Age stuff?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this still continuing hal synthesizes kryptonite with his ring and then proceeds to drop a building construct on superman gg.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dondave said:

@comicstooge: It's all Post-Crisis

Has he done that stuff since coming back from the dead? I understand he CAN do this stuff, but that doesn't mean he will.

Plus, there's always the all important speed blitz ring steal.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Pieface defeating Supes was in 2002 in Green Lantern Legacy the Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan. I don't what time you base Superman getting good TP resistance, so do with it what you will.

Yep

Yep, it was his ring that recreated Oa after Kyle destroyed it.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dondave: thanks I'll look into it. I know Mmh and torquasm vo(?) Helped supes development good resistance. I don't know the year though

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: your whole comment is far fetched. We all know that superman is the most powerful character in the justice league behind Martian man hunter.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League War would like to say hi.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxedward_kenwayxx: No he isn't. Flash and Martian Manhunter are more powerful than Superman.Lanterns are also more powerful

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By willpayton

@darkseid1006 said:
No Caption Provided

Sorry, but that is pre-Crisis... 1980 I think.

Hal never showed that ability post-Crisis, although Kyle has shown that he can create construct Kryptonite:

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:

I think Hal can with if he goes all out, like when he killed krona

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006 said:
No Caption Provided

Hal never showed that ability post-Crisis, although Kyle has shown that he can create construct Kryptonite:

No Caption Provided

Do you think Hal or any other GL can create kryptonite currently?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By willpayton

@mysoulz said:

@willpayton said:

@darkseid1006 said:
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Do you think Hal or any other GL can create kryptonite currently?

The New-52 versions, who knows. Probably... it's just up to the writers. If we go on the assumption that the GL's werent affected by the New-52 changes, then theoretically they should still be able to do this. But, only Kyle has shown to actually do it. Hal can, as long as he knows the "formula" for Kryptonite.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mysoulz

@willpayton: Green Lanterns having the ability to create kyptonite or anything that isn't a form of construct is questionable since Johns took over in establishing the GL mythos. Other GLs in the early days such as John, he was able to re-create the anti-life catcher with his ring and Kyle creating kryptonite as shown in the Man Of Tomorrow issue like the scan you posted. Green Lanterns were able to perform these tasks, cause bearers with the rings can create anything they can imagine during those early time periods as was stated multiple time in both Ron Marz and Gerard Jones run. I currently have Green Lantern secret files that says this, but in Johns book it states different and it seems that he retconned it. In Johns Blackest Night event it states a green lantern can create any form of construct in the shape the user can imagine:

No Caption Provided

*shrugs*

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Superman knocks him out before Hal can even think of a construct, doesn't matter if he can create Kryptonite or not.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By willpayton

@mysoulz said:

@willpayton: Green Lanterns having the ability to create kyptonite or anything that isn't a form of construct is questionable since Johns took over in establishing the GL mythos. Other GLs in the early days such as John, he was able to re-create the anti-life catcher with his ring and Kyle creating kryptonite as shown in the Man Of Tomorrow issue like the scan you posted. Green Lanterns were able to perform these tasks, cause bearers with the rings can create anything they can imagine during those early time periods as was stated multiple time in both Ron Marz and Gerard Jones run. I currently have Green Lantern secret files that says this, but in Johns book it states different and it seems he retconned it. In Johns Blackest Night event it states a green lantern can create any form of construct in the shape the user can imagine:

No Caption Provided

*shrugs*

That's basically what I assume they can do now. Create constructs, yes, create materials like Kryptonite... no.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman knocks him out before Hal can even think of a construct, doesn't matter if he can create Kryptonite or not.

Not in character he wouldnt.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal wins by the way

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Yes, he would, he speed blitzes in character all the time.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton said:

@the_stegman said:

He only speed-blitzes some of the time, and only when it becomes necessary. He very rarely if ever blitzes right off the bat. That's just not his MO.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@willpayton said:

@the_stegman said:

He only speed-blitzes some of the time, and only when it becomes necessary. He very rarely if ever blitzes right off the bat. That's just not his MO.

He SB's when human lives are in danger and he needs to end a fight fast, or he's going against someone dangerous, assuming he knows Hal, he'd qualify as someone dangerous. Heck, Superman flying at a none speed blitz fashion is faster than Hal.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By CF12793

If niether are holding back, then Superman definitely has this in the bag.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By willpayton

@the_stegman said:

@willpayton said:

@the_stegman said:

@willpayton said:

@the_stegman said:

He SB's when human lives are in danger and he needs to end a fight fast, or he's going against someone dangerous, assuming he knows Hal, he'd qualify as someone dangerous. Heck, Superman flying at a none speed blitz fashion is faster than Hal.

Nope. He mostly speed-blitzes when he's pissed, bloodlusted, or has a reason to end it fast. None of that really applies here. This is a typical run-of-the-mill fight, so he'll act in-character. In character Superman hardly ever speed-blitzes, much less at the start of a fight. He normally starts off trading punches.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@willpayton: Green Lanterns having the ability to create kyptonite or anything that isn't a form of construct is questionable since Johns took over in establishing the GL mythos. Other GLs in the early days such as John, he was able to re-create the anti-life catcher with his ring and Kyle creating kryptonite as shown in the Man Of Tomorrow issue like the scan you posted. Green Lanterns were able to perform these tasks, cause bearers with the rings can create anything they can imagine during those early time periods as was stated multiple time in both Ron Marz and Gerard Jones run. I currently have Green Lantern secret files that says this, but in Johns book it states different and it seems he retconned it. In Johns Blackest Night event it states a green lantern can create any form of construct in the shape the user can imagine:

No Caption Provided

*shrugs*

That's basically what I assume they can do now. Create constructs, yes, create materials like Kryptonite... no.

Same here. I agree.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By mace1111

@glforthewin said:

john Stewart kinda beats superman in Rebirth (just go for the eyes) and since hal is a better lantern than John he could take superman

John is the better lantern,and as the higher will power so he is more powerful besides he as beaten hal two times in the past and gave hal a recent new beat down and took over the corps.

John Stewart has a few words to say to Hal Jordan. But instead he punches him in the jaw. Meanwhile, the Lantern recruits take an unexpected stand against a personal injustice.

No Caption Provided

It’s Lantern vs. Lantern as John Stewart battles Hal Jordan for the leadership of the Corps! For months, John Stewart has let his anger build as Hal Jordan sent Guy Gardner into the Red Lanterns and declared war against other corps across the spectrum. After the devastating events of “LIGHTS OUT,” John is determined to rebuild the Corps as he sees fit—even if it means taking down his oldest friend!

Read the reviews and comments.

http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/green-lantern-corps-26/1900-2515/.

By the way superman uses his superspeed to try to stop star sapphire,but it did not work,she blasted him.Look it up.

Another point DEPENDS on the green lantern,THEY CAN SET thier ring to auto fire like john stewart did above.

Info from another thread or website.

No Caption Provided

John currently sets his ring on auto fire being extremely cautious towards what Superman did to bruce.

A human may not have a reaction or speed time with a Kryptonian. That's why the ring does everything for what he wishes. John knows currently knows who he's dealing with. GL's are proven to move FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard KidView Post

If the GL gets to make an action, he wins. Intangibility, teleporting him into another universe/time period/galaxy/etc., transmutation, active shields that can hold of Kryptonians for hours, energy absorption, amping themselves to Supes levels, etc, etc, etc... GLs are basically mini-cosmics when they get a chance to get a shot off.

Sodom Yat and Mogo are likely fast and/or durable enough that they can get that move off without any stipulations.

True, I think if a GL (earth GLs) have the amount of time to use their auto shield and concentrate on their willpower to keep their shield up while supes is speed blitzing, that will give a GL an amount of time to to set their ring on auto fire and counter blitz the attack.

If I'm correct I think Hal, John, and Kyle used intangibility. I never seen GL's used Intangibility for a good defensive strategy during a battle before. Hopefully if you or anyone could tell me or can post up scans would be useful.

Mogo is a highly telepathic/telekinesis planet. I don't know if it will be a fair fight between supes and mogo.

I remembered when Superman and Batman agreed to search for kryptonites all over the world with different colored kryptonite including the blue one that contains magic.

GL's ring constructs always were fast that's why in issues like Rebirth when John went towards Supes eyes. Supes didn't react to dodge the attack. The same thing goes in when max was using his mind telepathically.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6739075167_fb7840fee5_z.jpg

Supes noted John has the quickest draw compared to the league. I don't think in this scan John has reaction time or set his ring to do that for him. After all when Supes grabbed the martian manhunter, he didn't go into blitzing, I think it was human reaction time. GL constructs are fast enough to give in a decent fight against supes. If you notice, Supes didn't have time to move away from his construct and the construct was almost with flashes speed.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6739075751_e57e0b5096_z.jpg

In this scan, John didn't use enough willpower that he needed to keep his construct from shattering. Supes noted he had to use all of his strength to break through his construct. One thing to note, John's willpower exceeded his ring due to his memory about his failure saving Xanshi.

If either Superman wins or GL wins it wouldn't be an easy fight, but will be interesting.

note -the will power john as exceed the power of the ring was to bring a planet back and it was shown in the 90's and he created moons.

Star sapphire as beaten superman too in comics and hal had to save him.

In the superfriends comic a old issue a evil green lantern well trained was going to kill all of the super friends with a green ring including superman and the good green lantern from parallel universe along with his team and the rest of the super friends together stop the evil lantern by tricking her,oh and it was a woman.

So for along time i always knew green lantern were more powerful and could win.

Anyway hal as beaten superman a number of times too just like john.Green lantern could just blast superman to death or pound him to death.Look what john did to supergirl in the justice league cartoon when they went to future.He smash her to the ground using his ring.ANYBODY REMEMBER THAT?

Green arrow said green lantern is more powerful then her,meaning they are more powerful then a kryptonian but there are folks that thave excuses for that.When hal punhes superman with one punch some say comments i read said he must be using kryptonite and he does not.he was stronger.you could see the pic below.

Green lantern have super strength too but normally they not as strong as superman or wonder woman unless they use constructs to project power to become as strong or stronger then superman or if they have powers of thier own like sodam yat or get extra power from oa or some alien force that comes into them or they have a bunch rings or maybe have another lantern ring that's not green etc..etc..

Sodam Yat

No Caption Provided

Powers and abilities

Daxamite powers

Like their Kryptonian cousins, the Daxamites gain a large number of abilities when exposed to yellow sunlight including super strength; flight; super speed; super hearing; X-ray, heat, microscopic, and telescopic vision; and super breath. While the Daxamites are invulnerable while under yellow sunlight, the substance lead is still very lethal to them even in small quantities, as Kryptonite is to Kryptonians. Due to his exposure to lead from lead shielding at a nuclear power plant and uranium stabbed into him by Superboy-Prime, Yat must wear his Green Lantern ring at all times to stop the lead poisoning or he will die within a few minutes.

Ion powers

The benevolent Ion entity bestows its host with powers similar to a Green Lantern CorpsPower Ring and the Starheart. With those powers, Sodam Yat has been described by some as the most powerful superhero in the universe. However, access to the powers can be controlled through his power ring, which he is required to wear constantly, allowing the Guardians of the Universe to shut off his Ion powers. In the Legion of Three Worlds miniseries, it is revealed that being host to the Ion entity has allowed Sodam to survive, unaging, into the 31st century.

KYLE WAS ION TOO.

Even john stewart had a boost of power and became a guardian.

Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

Powers and abilities

As a Green Lantern, Jordan is semi-invulnerable, capable of projecting hard light constructions, flight, and utilizing various other abilities through his power ring which are only limited by his imagination and willpower. Jordan, as a Green Lantern, has exceptional willpower.

As Parallax, Hal was one of the most powerful beings in all of the DC Universe. In addition to his normal Green Lantern powers, he was able to manipulate and reconfigure time-space to his will, manipulate reality at a large scale, had vast superhuman strength which he demonstrated by being able to knock out Superman with one punch, a higher sense of awareness and enhanced durability. As Parallax he still was able to be harmed nearly just as easily as a normal Green Lantern but seemed to be able to endure more physical punishment. While Hal Jordan was Parallax he was never defeated by physical force, all of his very few defeats were of a changed mental state during or after the battle, which was usually the result of dealing with his own conscience and he would just give up, leave the battle and hide himself.

Some superman or superman family fans love forgetting when he does get beat or when a kryptonian get beat.captain marvel as beaten superman too a number times in the comics.If a will trained green lantern can't beat superman the writer is not doing thier job AND THIEY ARE BEING INCONSISTENT since BEFORE MANY were born HERE DC SAID YEARS AGO A GREEN LANTERN WAS MADE TO TO BE MORE POWERFUL AND THAT'S WHY THEY PROTECT MORE THEN JUST EARTH.

kyle is a white lantern now but still a lantern and he clearly more powerful then superman.look it up.Hal is back to himself in the new52 in his own comics but when they show him in the new52 at the begiing in the justice league he was not as powerful like he was pre-flashpoint,but now he closer to it and will get to his level he had before.

They should make a movie showing that,now folks who do not read green lantern comics will have the cartoon movie justice league war hal and early hal in the justice league new52 stuck in the heads. DC as done green lantern a disservice.Now folks will think superman can beat any green lantern,and that not true.

Oh and hal kill krona by using his will power to get rid of the no kill thing,so it that does not mean e use sheer will power,he just got round the no kill policy,but he boost up his will power for it,but in terms of will power john stewart is the only one that max out the ring,not hal,but hal does have high will power,but not as high has john stewart.

Powers and abilities

• John Stewart’s power ring provides him with the abilities of all other Green Lanterns; these abilities include flight and limited invulnerability.
  • Stewart was briefly taught by Ganthet on how to reroute his mind to think in the 'language of the spheres'- the first language of the universe- to evade telepathic detection by Fernus, the 'Burning Martian' identity of the Martian Manhunter; although the intensity of this method meant that John couldn't use it for more than a minute without burning his mind out, it has never been specified if this means that he cannot use it again or if he could use it at some future date if enough time has elapsed since his last use of it.
  • As with all other Green Lanterns, the ring is a weapon of the mind and powered by will, therefore onlylimited to the wearer’s imagination
  • Like all Green Lanterns, Stewart's personality affects his ring's creations, giving them a solid, architectural quality. In Green Lantern: Rebirth, Hal Jordan remarks that "everything John builds is solid". He also remarked that Stewart is the best flyer in the Corps.
  • In Green Lantern (vol. 4) #26, it was shown that John's willpower exceeds the limit of his ring (when he tried to recreate a planet from scratch), a feat that had not been depicted before this point.
  • John is a discharged member of the USMC with full combat training. In addition, he is an expert sniper.
  • When he temporarily used Indigo-1's ring as a member of the Indigo Tribe, John was capable of accessing the powers of all Lantern Corps rings in his vicinity, even managing to harness the power of the Black Lantern Corps by drawing on the residual Black Lantern energy around Mogo's core. John is not shown to be significantly affected by the Indigo Ring's mind altering capabilities, although this could be because he was already capable of feeling compassion.
  • As well as his obvious powers as a Lantern, John has recently begun to demonstrate an ability to kill when he is certain the situation requires it, destroying Mogo in order to save the universe from the army of Krona-controlled Green Lanterns that Mogo would have created and later killing a fellow Lantern who was about to give in to torture and reveal vital information to their enemies.

No Caption Provided

- First, it's pretty well established that Superman has a healthy respect for Green Lantern power.

No Caption Provided

- Second, at least some Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan and John Stewart, specifically) are capable of stopping Superman in his tracks if they have to.

No Caption Provided

john stewart-

No Caption Provided

Here SOME OF more the green lantern feats.

- With a little strategy, a Green Lantern power ring doesn't even have to be wielded by a certified Green Lantern in order to have the ability to stop Superman:

No Caption Provided

1. Those power rings pack a heck of a punch. (Superman-Batman #29)

No Caption Provided

2. Hal Jordan isn’t afraid of you. In fact, he thinks Batman is more dangerous than you are. (Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

3. Kilowog isn’t afraid of you, either – and he’s a lot bigger than you. (Superman-Batman #29)

No Caption Provided

5. An out-of-control Green Lantern is very, very dangerous. (Zero Hour, painting by Thomas Fleming)

No Caption Provided

moving the earth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

John stewart

No Caption Provided

Hal taking on the JLA

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

http://www.comicvine.com/hal-jordan/4005-11202/forums/hal-jordan-feats-537553/

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?370303-How-many-Green-Lantern-feats-has-Superman-never-performe

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By mace1111

I got from someone another thread or website

green lanterns awesome feats dealing with black holes

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

If the GLs still had the yellow weakness then I'd agree, but they don't.

They do still have it. It's a psychological weakness that effects your standard grunt lanterns hence why the Sinestro Corps killed so many of them.

Also, I've seen GLs get nosebleeds trying to hold back nuclear explosions, never ind supernovas and black holes.

Have you been reading the Green Lantern Corps series? There's a lot fo awesome feats in there.

Heck, in the first issue of the newer run we had no less than four Green Lanterns interacting with a black hole:

A newb Green Lantern who had literally just got his ring, fell in and was unharmed but couldn't summon enough willpower to escape under his own power. Then two slightly better GLs show up and are trying to rescue a ship caught in the pull of said black hole, again, they manage to rescue the ship but get pulled in themselves and their autoshields hold up just fine. Then Kilowogg shows up, yanks the ship and the two other GLs straight out of the black hole with no problem.

There are also feats of new Green Lanterns being able to close black holes with effort.

Kyle Rayner contained an exploding sun in a shield with a lot of effort in the DC 1,000,000 storyline. John Stewart and J'onn J'onz were caught in an exploding solar system and only the autoshields protected them because John was having a mental breakdown at the time. Gat Re took an exploding planet to the face while blinded and was largely unphased.

Heck, the combined GLC have a feat of containing a galaxy busting explosion during the Sinestro War.

Their shields are very high end and have some pretty awesome feats.

Captain Morgan is the guy to go to for more information because his knowledge dwarfs my own.

This goes back to what I was saying about consistency and GL ring usage. (I've also seen Superman hold a black hole in his hand before, and escape the pull of one, so apparently he wouldn't do too badly against one either!)

Hilarious that you mention the black hole in his hand feat wherein Superman was explicitly aided by a Green Lantern in doing so.

Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Keep in mind the green lantern/s were able to move the earth and moon or moons by them selfs.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By mace1111

Green lantern wins normally but it depends on the lantern,writer and version.

HECK IF THEY WANT TO THEY COULD HAVE LOIS LANE KICK SUPERMAN BUTT AND HER SISTER.They had powers before.

Anyway a green lantern at his/her best could beat superman at his best.

Oh and edited info below.

By the way superman uses his super speed to try to stop star sapphire,but it did not work,she blasted him.Look it up.

THEY CAN SET thier ring to auto fire like john stewart did above or shown here again below.

No Caption Provided

John currently sets his ring on auto fire being extremely cautious towards what Superman did to bruce.

A human may not have a reaction or speed time with a Kryptonian. That's why the ring does everything for what he wishes. John knows currently knows who he's dealing with. GL's are proven to move FTL.

Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid

If the GL gets to make an action, he wins. Intangibility, teleporting him into another universe/time period/galaxy/etc., transmutation, active shields that can hold of Kryptonians for hours, energy absorption, amping themselves to Supes levels, etc, etc, etc... GLs are basically mini-cosmics when they get a chance to get a shot off.

Sodom Yat and Mogo are likely fast and/or durable enough that they can get that move off without any stipulations.

True, I think if a GL (earth GLs) have the amount of time to use their auto shield and concentrate on their willpower to keep their shield up while supes is speed blitzing, that will give a GL an amount of time to to set their ring on auto fire and counter blitz the attack.

If I'm correct I think Hal, John, and Kyle used intangibility. I never seen GL's used Intangibility for a good defensive strategy during a battle before. Hopefully if you or anyone could tell me or can post up scans would be useful.

Mogo is a highly telepathic/telekinesis planet. I don't know if it will be a fair fight between supes and mogo.

I remembered when Superman and Batman agreed to search for kryptonites all over the world with different colored kryptonite including the blue one that contains magic.

GL's ring constructs always were fast that's why in issues like Rebirth when John went towards Supes eyes. Supes didn't react to dodge the attack. The same thing goes in when max was using his mind telepathically.

Supes noted John has the quickest draw compared to the league. I don't think in this scan John has reaction time or set his ring to do that for him. After all when Supes grabbed the martian manhunter, he didn't go into blitzing, I think it was human reaction time. GL constructs are fast enough to give in a decent fight against supes. If you notice, Supes didn't have time to move away from his construct and the construct was almost with flashes speed.

In this scan, John didn't use enough willpower that he needed to keep his construct from shattering. Supes noted he had to use all of his strength to break through his construct. One thing to note, John's willpower exceeded his ring due to his memory about his failure saving Xanshi.

If either Superman wins or GL wins it wouldn't be an easy fight, but will be interesting.

Note -The will power THAT john use that exceed the power of the ring was to bring a planet back and was shown in the 90's and he created moons.This is a great feat that no green lantern has done or matched before and since.When supeman broke john construct,trust me,john was not using enough will power.By the way he does not need to use his full will power to hold superman in his construct.He just need to use enough and of course he did above but he did before and he could do it again.Hal as done too,you know hold superman in a construct so it's clear that early new 52 hal jordan is not as powerful as the early hal pre-new 52 or recent hal.

@mace11 said:

@glforthewin said:

john Stewart kinda beats superman in Rebirth (just go for the eyes) and since hal is a better lantern than John he could take superman

John is the better lantern,and has the higher will power so he is more powerful besides he has beaten hal two times in the past and gave hal a recent new beat down and took over the corps.

John Stewart has a few words to say to Hal Jordan. But instead he punches him in the jaw. Meanwhile, the Lantern recruits take an unexpected stand against a personal injustice.

No Caption Provided

It’s Lantern vs. Lantern as John Stewart battles Hal Jordan for the leadership of the Corps! For months, John Stewart has let his anger build as Hal Jordan sent Guy Gardner into the Red Lanterns and declared war against other corps across the spectrum. After the devastating events of “LIGHTS OUT,” John is determined to rebuild the Corps as he sees fit—even if it means taking down his oldest friend!

Read the reviews and comments.

http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/green-lantern-corps-26/1900-2515/.

So john stewart did not just kinda beat superman,he beat superman period.

Clearly john stewart beat superman and supergirl and flash,and wonder woman at the same time along with other justice league members with at that time in green lantern rebirtjh comic..He blasted them all,but superman did not get the full blast like the others but soon after he got another blast of green lantern power.John clearly beat him,so john won.

No excuses folks.

By the way superman uses his super speed to try to stop star sapphire,but it did not work,she blasted him.Look it up.

Another point DEPENDS on the green lantern,THEY CAN SET thier ring to auto fire like john stewart did above.The only reason that i can think of for supergirl taking john stewart ring away and knocking him out with it is because he was not prepared and he had no idea that there was another supergirl and she was evil so he did not have set his ring on auto-fire and auto-protect,and besides he was using his ring to save lex.

No Caption Provided

Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid

note -the will power john as exceed the power of the ring was to bring a planet back and it was shown in the 90's and he created moons.

Star sapphire as beaten superman too in comics and hal had to save him.

In the superfriends comic a old issue a evil green lantern well trained was going to kill all of the super friends with a green ring including superman and the good green lantern from parallel universe along with his team and the rest of the super friends together stop the evil lantern by tricking her,oh and it was a woman.

So for along time i always knew green lantern were more powerful and could win.

Anyway hal as beaten superman a number of times too just like john.Green lantern could just blast superman to death or pound him to death.Look what john did to supergirl in the justice league cartoon when they went to future.He smash her to the ground using his ring.ANYBODY REMEMBER THAT?

Green arrow said green lantern is more powerful then her,meaning they are more powerful then a kryptonian but there are folks that have excuses for that.When hal punches superman with one punch some of the comments i read said he must be using kryptonite and he does not.

He was stronger.you could see the pic below.

Green lantern have super strength too but normally they not as strong as superman or wonder woman unless they use constructs to project power to become as strong or stronger then superman or if they have powers of thier own like sodam yat or get extra power from oa or some alien force that comes into them or they have a bunch rings or maybe have another lantern ring that's not green etc..etc..

Sodam Yat

No Caption Provided

Powers and abilities

Daxamite powers

Like their Kryptonian cousins, the Daxamites gain a large number of abilities when exposed to yellow sunlight including super strength; flight; super speed; super hearing; X-ray, heat, microscopic, and telescopic vision; and super breath. While the Daxamites are invulnerable while under yellow sunlight, the substance lead is still very lethal to them even in small quantities, as Kryptonite is to Kryptonians. Due to his exposure to lead from lead shielding at a nuclear power plant and uranium stabbed into him by Superboy-Prime, Yat must wear his Green Lantern ring at all times to stop the lead poisoning or he will die within a few minutes.

Ion powers

The benevolent Ion entity bestows its host with powers similar to a Green Lantern CorpsPower Ring and the Starheart. With those powers, Sodam Yat has been described by some as the most powerful superhero in the universe. However, access to the powers can be controlled through his power ring, which he is required to wear constantly, allowing the Guardians of the Universe to shut off his Ion powers. In the Legion of Three Worlds miniseries, it is revealed that being host to the Ion entity has allowed Sodam to survive, unaging, into the 31st century.

KYLE WAS ION TOO.

Even john stewart had a boost of power and became a guardian.

Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

Powers and abilities

As a Green Lantern, Jordan is semi-invulnerable, capable of projecting hard light constructions, flight, and utilizing various other abilities through his power ring which are only limited by his imagination and willpower. Jordan, as a Green Lantern, has exceptional willpower.

As Parallax, Hal was one of the most powerful beings in all of the DC Universe. In addition to his normal Green Lantern powers, he was able to manipulate and reconfigure time-space to his will, manipulate reality at a large scale, had vast superhuman strength which he demonstrated by being able to knock out Superman with one punch, a higher sense of awareness and enhanced durability. As Parallax he still was able to be harmed nearly just as easily as a normal Green Lantern but seemed to be able to endure more physical punishment. While Hal Jordan was Parallax he was never defeated by physical force, all of his very few defeats were of a changed mental state during or after the battle, which was usually the result of dealing with his own conscience and he would just give up, leave the battle and hide himself.

Some superman or superman family fans love forgetting when he does get beat or when a kryptonian get beat.captain marvel as beaten superman too a number times in the comics.If a will trained green lantern can't beat superman the writer is not doing thier job AND THIEY ARE BEING INCONSISTENT since BEFORE MANY were born HERE DC SAID YEARS AGO A GREEN LANTERN WAS MADE TO TO BE MORE POWERFUL AND THAT'S WHY THEY PROTECT MORE THEN JUST EARTH.

kyle is a white lantern now but still a lantern and he clearly more powerful then superman.look it up.Hal is back to himself in the new52 in his own comics but when they show him in the new52 at the beginning in the justice league he was not as powerful like he was pre-flashpoint,THAT'S WHY SUPERMAN WAS WINNING,but now he closer to HIS ORIGINAL POWER LEVEL and will get to his PRE-52 POWER level he had before OVERTIME IN THE NEW52.So stay tune for more green lantern stories in the future.

They should make a movie showing that,now folks who do not read green lantern comics will have the cartoon movie justice league war hal and early hal in the justice league new52 stuck in the heads. DC as done green lantern a disservice.Now folks will think superman can beat any green lantern,and that not true.

Oh and hal kill krona by using his will power to get rid of the no kill thing,so it that does not mean e use sheer will power,he just got round the no kill policy,but he boost up his will power for it,but in terms of will power john stewart is the only one that max out the ring,not hal,but hal does have high will power,but not as high has john stewart.

Powers and abilities

• John Stewart’s power ring provides him with the abilities of all other Green Lanterns; these abilities include flight and limited invulnerability.
  • Stewart was briefly taught by Ganthet on how to reroute his mind to think in the 'language of the spheres'- the first language of the universe- to evade telepathic detection by Fernus, the 'Burning Martian' identity of the Martian Manhunter; although the intensity of this method meant that John couldn't use it for more than a minute without burning his mind out, it has never been specified if this means that he cannot use it again or if he could use it at some future date if enough time has elapsed since his last use of it.
  • As with all other Green Lanterns, the ring is a weapon of the mind and powered by will, therefore onlylimited to the wearer’s imagination
  • Like all Green Lanterns, Stewart's personality affects his ring's creations, giving them a solid, architectural quality. In Green Lantern: Rebirth, Hal Jordan remarks that "everything John builds is solid". He also remarked that Stewart is the best flyer in the Corps.
  • In Green Lantern (vol. 4) #26, it was shown that John's willpower exceeds the limit of his ring (when he tried to recreate a planet from scratch), a feat that had not been depicted before this point.
  • John is a discharged member of the USMC with full combat training. In addition, he is an expert sniper.
  • When he temporarily used Indigo-1's ring as a member of the Indigo Tribe, John was capable of accessing the powers of all Lantern Corps rings in his vicinity, even managing to harness the power of the Black Lantern Corps by drawing on the residual Black Lantern energy around Mogo's core. John is not shown to be significantly affected by the Indigo Ring's mind altering capabilities, although this could be because he was already capable of feeling compassion.
  • As well as his obvious powers as a Lantern, John has recently begun to demonstrate an ability to kill when he is certain the situation requires it, destroying Mogo in order to save the universe from the army of Krona-controlled Green Lanterns that Mogo would have created and later killing a fellow Lantern who was about to give in to torture and reveal vital information to their enemies.

No Caption Provided

- First, it's pretty well established that Superman has a healthy respect for Green Lantern power.

No Caption Provided

- Second, at least some Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan and John Stewart, specifically) are capable of stopping Superman in his tracks if they have to.

No Caption Provided

john stewart-

No Caption Provided

Here SOME OF more the green lantern feats.

- With a little strategy, a Green Lantern power ring doesn't even have to be wielded by a certified Green Lantern in order to have the ability to stop Superman:

No Caption Provided

1. Those power rings pack a heck of a punch. (Superman-Batman #29)

No Caption Provided

2. Hal Jordan isn’t afraid of you. In fact, he thinks Batman is more dangerous than you are. (Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan)

No Caption Provided

3. Kilowog isn’t afraid of you, either – and he’s a lot bigger than you. (Superman-Batman #29)

No Caption Provided

5. An out-of-control Green Lantern is very, very dangerous. (Zero Hour, painting by Thomas Fleming)

No Caption Provided

moving the earth

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

John stewart

No Caption Provided

Hal taking on the JLA

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

By the way john stewart and hal jordan had beaten amazo.Amazo is the robot that had the superman powers and the justice league powers or some of them.In one issue hal blasted a big hole him and another issue when john was the green lantern of the team the justice league was fighting amazo,superman and the flash failed and batman said,the only person here powerful enough to stop him is the green lantern.

BATMAN SAID THE GREEN LANTERN IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD STOP.Green lantern stop him or slow him down.This gave the justice league time to win.

So you could see there is a big difference in the green lantern constructs etc..Shown here and the ones shown in justice league war animated movie and the justice league new52 issues when hal was shown in his first 5 years there.They are weaker,while they are not in pre-new52 and later in his own comic in the new 52.

By the way a green lantern,a star sapphire or any other lantern could set thier ring for Auto protect.That will allow the ring to move on it's own to protect a lantern,like auto fire if they set up for that too.

As for hal vs krona here is info about that. from another thread.

Hal was the greatest will power he overcame the rings limit and killed Krona a gaurdian. read the whole thread i think it explains it better.

No. What Hal did was used his willpower to overcome a safety mechanism in the ring that prevents the user from killing, or from using it to attack a guardian. But that's very different. The Rings actually have a limit to how much willpower they can actually take; and John Stewart was the first to actually hit and exceed that limit. To my knowledge no other GL ever hit that limit, definitately not before and I'm 99% sure never afterwards. He actually had so much willpower the ring couldn't take it. It wasn't a programmed restriction; the ring simply was physically not capable of that level of willpower.

Hal is not the most powerful earth green lantern,it's john stewart.

John has the greatest will power,kyle and hal were the most powerful when they got a extra boost in powers years ago.John has beaten hal a few time already by the way.

Kyle is the most powerful earth lantern NOW in the new52 because he is a white lantern.

Hal jordans will power in the new 52

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/degraaf/blog/hal-jordans-will-power-in-the-new-52/88632/

Click here to see some of the green lantern feats

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?370303-How-many-Green-Lantern-feats-has-Superman-never-performe

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why some of you posted the scans of other Lantern's feats? Not all GL possessed the same mental capacity or imagination of each others.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still say Hal for the majority. The ring is just too powerful, as was the intention.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what's funny about these threads is that superman has usually beaten hal, but people still debate this as if those things never happened. i never understand that.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal.

scarlife34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: idk if they are doing strongest versions but i thought supes got over kryptonite

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Sy8000

what's funny about these threads is that superman has usually beaten hal, but people still debate this as if those things never happened. i never understand that.

IDK if you've changed your mind since saying this.

Superman beat an inexperienced Hal. I can just as easily point out that pieface with Hals ring had no trouble beating Superman, which is a lot more legit that what you're brining up. Hal wins comftorably.