• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BillzTheGodOfDestruction (71 posts) - - Show Bio

fight takes place: an indestructible adamantium planet

rules:

- morals off

- both have 1 year prep

- no outside help from other charatcers

- fight to the death

- no kryptonite

#2 Posted by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost positive this'll be locked.

what has Goku done with prep? The Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Superman can sundip for that amount of time and call it that.

#4 Posted by BillzTheGodOfDestruction (71 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

what has Goku done with prep? The Metabolic Time Chamber?

Or get a phantom zone projector or any other alien weapon in the Fortress.

#6 Edited by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins with the Dragon Balls.

#7 Edited by BillzTheGodOfDestruction (71 posts) - - Show Bio

he can go ssg or get the dragon balls

#8 Edited by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

That too.

@billzthegodofdestruction:Wouldn't the Dragon Balls technically be outside help?

#9 Edited by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave said:

Goku wins with the Dragon Balls.

He wouldn't be able to use them before getting speedblitzed by a Superman who could have been sundipping for a year.

Plus, that counts as help, because it summons Shenron?

#10 Posted by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

getting the Dragon balls does nothing unless Shenron is summoned. The OP says "no outside help" so Shenron is not allowed. So it's basically SSG Goku vs Superman Sun dipped for a year. Superman MURDERS him!!!!!

#11 Posted by Shawnbaby (9317 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged for duplication. Seriously...this is one of the most overdone battles here.

#12 Posted by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:
@billzthegodofdestruction said:

@batman242 said:

getting the Dragon balls does nothing unless Shenron is summoned. The OP says "no outside help" so Shenron is not allowed. So it's basically SSG Goku vs Superman Sun dipped for a year. Superman MURDERS him!!!!!

That and the fact that Goku has basically beaten..... 1 person without outside help.

#13 Posted by Walzo (4352 posts) - - Show Bio

This will not be the final battle, I promise you that.

#14 Edited by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@walzo said:

This will not be the final battle, I promise you that.

Okay, I LOL'd

#15 Edited by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:
@billzthegodofdestruction said:

@batman242 said:

That and the fact that Goku has basically beaten..... 1 person without outside help.

Wow. that is an excellent point. Without someone else stalling for him, or giving him extra power, Goku has not really beaten anyone. lol

#16 Edited by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a better way of doing it.

#17 Posted by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: exactly. When I bring it up, No one can really argue with it. But they still say Goku is great and powerful. I'm not being bias, but I just don't see how great he is when he always needs help.

#18 Edited by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Well the OP did not exclude the Dragons Balls and the OP made mention of them as well, however if Goku cannot use the Dragon Balls then Superman wins for sure and probably kills Goku in the process.

#19 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

it's the hyperbolic time chamber and with 1 year, he could train during 365 years inside there. so that should give him some sorta edge...

#20 Edited by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@batman242 said:

it's the hyperbolic time chamber and with 1 year, he could train during 365 years inside there. so that should give him some sorta edge...

Oh wow, I'm sorry. Thanks for that. I haven't watched in ages. Hyperbolic***

Yea, he can be in there for a whole 365 days, but Superman can counter that by sundipping for the 365 days...

#21 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@batman242 said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry. Thanks for that. I haven't watched in ages. Hyperbolic***

Yea, he can be in there for a whole 365 days, but Superman can counter that by sundipping for the 365 days...

true, that's why I can't say how much of a pump it would give both of them. we know sundipping gives a lot to Superman but Goku with several years of training could attain new forms and techniques and severely increase his power.

this is basically a very hypothetical version of a very old argument

#22 Edited by Shawnbaby (9317 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@batman242 said:

The root word of "hyperbolic" is "hyperbole" . I just mention it because of how upset DBZ fans get whenever the word "Hyperbole" is mentioned in dabates.

#23 Edited by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

Outside help would be Goku having someone else assist him in fighting. Dragonballs he can gather on his own and since he knows how to use them, it's not outside help. It's the same as finding a Magic Lamp and magic a Genie grant you wishes. In this case Goku gets two wishes from Shenron, which counts as prep during that year.

Shenron has some limits, like it can't kill people stronger than the one who created it. But it can still make Goku immortal and perhaps turn all the suns red so Supes loses his powers. One year in the Room of Spirit and Time is equal to one day in the real world. You can only spend two days in the room before the door closes forever and there's only enough supplies in there to last 2yrs if you stretch it. So Goku's 1yr of prep can equal several years easily. He can spend 2 days out of each month in the RoSaT and equal to almost 25yrs of training.

So, start with Goku as SSJG from the new movie and add roughly 25yrs of training and building up his abilities, adjusting to the new transformation, and he just increased his base level by several orders of magnitude.

#24 Edited by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: you know more about DBZ then I do. Who has Goku beaten with no outside help?

@jorgevy: it's the hyperbolic time chamber and with 1 year, he could train during 365 years inside there. so that should give him some sorta edge...

That could be true. but the most powerful version of Goku with actual feats is SSG and I'm not sure he could beat a Superman sundipped for 1 year.

@batman242: you called it the "The Metabolic Time Chamber" and I thought you were right. lol

#25 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: i guess the name comes from turning hyperbole into literal stuff. "it feels like a year in here" and it actually IS xD

@reikai if he is smart, which most of the times he isn't that much, but still, he could ask Shenron for info on Supes or info on new techniques and forms. but as I said, this is all in the realm of possibilities and we have no real way to objectivelly achieve a conclusion

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (9317 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby: i guess the name comes from turning hyperbole into literal stuff. "it feels like a year in here" and it actually IS xD

Wouldn't it not feel like a year though? To the person inside the chamber they are still living through an entire year...it's just in the real world time is moving much slower than that.

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#28 Posted by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has genius-level intellect, he can use his prep time more wisely than Goku. Not to mention that he could spent 365 days inside the Sun, imagine how powerful he would be, as only less than an hour he is already practically invincible (during Imperiex war).

#29 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

Wouldn't it not feel like a year though? To the person inside the chamber they are still living through an entire year...it's just in the real world time is moving much slower than that.

that's what i said, it feels like a year, because IT IS a year.

#30 Posted by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Goku does receive help when in fighting certain enemies but he has shown to take on enemies alone as well such as Frieza.

#31 Posted by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I honestly thought it was that lol. I lost interest in DBZ, so I can't remember things like that lol.

@reikai: That..... sucked.

#32 Edited by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Outside help would be Goku having someone else assist him in fighting. Dragonballs he can gather on his own and since he knows how to use them, it's not outside help. It's the same as finding a Magic Lamp and magic a Genie grant you wishes. In this case Goku gets two wishes from Shenron, which counts as prep during that year.

Shenron has some limits, like it can't kill people stronger than the one who created it. But it can still make Goku immortal and perhaps turn all the suns red so Supes loses his powers. One year in the Room of Spirit and Time is equal to one day in the real world. You can only spend two days in the room before the door closes forever and there's only enough supplies in there to last 2yrs if you stretch it. So Goku's 1yr of prep can equal several years easily. He can spend 2 days out of each month in the RoSaT and equal to almost 25yrs of training.

So, start with Goku as SSJG from the new movie and add roughly 25yrs of training and building up his abilities, adjusting to the new transformation, and he just increased his base level by several orders of magnitude.

Superman can get a Legion Flight Ring, travel back in time before the Cosmic Armor Thought Robot was destroyed, get it and wear it for the fight. Then collect all the weapons in the Fortress of Solitude and the Phantom Zone Projector then travel forward in time to when Earth's sun turns blue and chill there for the remaining time he has.

#33 Edited by Shawnbaby (9317 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

@shawnbaby said:

@jorgevy said:

that's what i said, it feels like a year, because IT IS a year.

That's not hyperbole turning into anything literal. That's something literal just being something literal. When Goku says "I just spent at year inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber"...its because he literally just spent a year inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

#34 Edited by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

thats kinda stupid to say supes sundips for a year, goku can use the hyperbolic time chamber if we're playing that game, infact fine, why couldnt goku instant transport supes to hell? but anyways, this is gonna be locked soon so everybody only have a chance to say whos gonna

goku for the last time

why would goku not transport out of there?.

#35 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy said:

if he is smart, which most of the times he isn't that much, but still, he could ask Shenron for info on Supes or info on new techniques and forms. but as I said, this is all in the realm of possibilities and we have no real way to objectivelly achieve a conclusion

When it comes to Normal things like a Job, math, school, and things like that, Goku is a complete dunce. When it comes to fighting, he's an absolute genius. And it wouldn't surprise me with the prep he could have available that he could stay in SSJG form as easily as he had done with SSJ when preparing for the Cell Games.

There is also something else. If it was true that Birus (Bills) ripped out half the universe for energy, that would show a colossal level of power. And while Goku didn't beat him, it was a tough match. With extra time to prep and train, Goku could very easily match or exceed the level Birus had shown.

With Superman though, he hasn't shown that kind of force since Pre-Crisis, and he doesn't become a God without remaining in the sun for 15thousand years. Time he doesn't have. While it was shown that 15min in the sun had tripled his strength, it can give you a fair idea of how much a year in the sun could increase his abilities.

I could guess after a year of sitting in the sun and doing nothing else,, Superman's strength and solar level would increase 35,040x his base level. Given Goku has the ability to stretch that 1yr of prep into many years, he can increase his base statistics many times beyond that factor, and it is generally indicated by Toriyama that SSJG is even more powerful than SS4 from the GT series, which has Officially in all aspects made GT non-canon.

#36 Edited by pooty (10315 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: In this case Goku gets two wishes from Shenron, which counts as prep during that year.

The OP says: no outside help from other characters. Is Shenron a character? Then he is not allowed.

#37 Posted by SSJLozza (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku stomps

#38 Posted by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

solar system buster wins

#39 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: but the ways he says it, it sounds like an hyperbole to outsiders, like Bulma or Chi Chi, get it? althought it isnt

@reikai: yeah, Goku is quite the warrior and can really think when it comes to that. I bet he would get really powerful, but we cant be sure of how much.

on a side note, I'm sad to see SSj4 become non canon for real.... I dont like SSGj

#40 Posted by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

thats kinda stupid to say supes sundips for a year, goku can use the hyperbolic time chamber if we're playing that game, infact fine, why couldnt goku instant transport supes to hell? but anyways, this is gonna be locked soon so everybody only have a chance to say whos gonna

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

Because it's an extra dimensional prison designed to stop that sort of thing.

#41 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone here knows the upper cap of Super Saiyan God (the one from the latest movie)?

#42 Edited by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@russellmania77 said:

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

how many transporters are in there do you know?

#43 Posted by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@jorgevy said:

if he is smart, which most of the times he isn't that much, but still, he could ask Shenron for info on Supes or info on new techniques and forms. but as I said, this is all in the realm of possibilities and we have no real way to objectivelly achieve a conclusion

When it comes to Normal things like a Job, math, school, and things like that, Goku is a complete dunce. When it comes to fighting, he's an absolute genius. And it wouldn't surprise me with the prep he could have available that he could stay in SSJG form as easily as he had done with SSJ when preparing for the Cell Games.

There is also something else. If it was true that Birus (Bills) ripped out half the universe for energy, that would show a colossal level of power. And while Goku didn't beat him, it was a tough match. With extra time to prep and train, Goku could very easily match or exceed the level Birus had shown.

With Superman though, he hasn't shown that kind of force since Pre-Crisis, and he doesn't become a God without remaining in the sun for 15thousand years. Time he doesn't have. While it was shown that 15min in the sun had tripled his strength, it can give you a fair idea of how much a year in the sun could increase his abilities.

I could guess after a year of sitting in the sun and doing nothing else,, Superman's strength and solar level would increase 35,040x his base level. Given Goku has the ability to stretch that 1yr of prep into many years, he can increase his base statistics many times beyond that factor, and it is generally indicated by Toriyama that SSJG is even more powerful than SS4 from the GT series, which has Officially in all aspects made GT non-canon.

That's the factor for yellow Sun or any G-type star, if he makes a wise move, he should instead drench himself in a star that is more energetic than the Sun, something like O-type. Superman can probably gain at least one additional power during that time.

#44 Posted by HyperViper97 (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans powers increase exponentially when sun dipping. Gokus power increases exponentially when he trains. So it's 365 potential years in hyperbolic vs a year of solid sundipping. Superman stomps on a colossal scale

#45 Edited by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

@comicstooge said:

@russellmania77 said:

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

so is hell but goku got out of there, and how many transporters are in there do you know?

The Phantom Zone is completely out of space and time anyone who travels there doesn't physically exist, only their mind and personalities remain. I don't know how many exits it has, all I know it is VERY difficult to leave. It took General Zod and his men years to find away to escape.

#46 Posted by Batman242 (4800 posts) - - Show Bio

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

Why would Goku transport Superman to hell? Makes slightly more sense that Superman puts Goku in the Phantom Zone, and NO, he can't transport out of there. That's basically impossible.

#47 Posted by reikai (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

The OP says: no outside help from other characters. Is Shenron a character? Then he is not allowed.

Shenron isn't a character. Shenron is a creation of Kami's and was re-empowered by Dende after Kami fused with Piccolo. Anyone can use the Dragonballs if they can find all 7 and know how they function. Shenron or any Dragon is just a stone statue given life by a member of the Dragon Clan of Namekians when creating a set of Dragon Balls.

Shenron isn't a character that runs around and does things or like a mermaid you can just catch and make give you a wish. It's something that can only be used once a year (or called again 6mo later if you only used one wish). Outside help would be having Vegeta train with him or Bulma making up a super-suit or something of that nature. The Dragon Balls are something anyone can use if they can gather them all, and since Goku has the means and ability to gather them all, it's within his ability to perform.

Shenron is more or less an object with magical power. King Piccolo "killed" Shenron in Dragonball after having his wish granted so that no one else could use them again. Once King Piccolo was killed by Goku, Kami rather easily fixed and restored Shenron.

#48 Edited by ComicStooge (9664 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

Why would Goku transport Superman to hell? Makes slightly more sense that Superman puts Goku in the Phantom Zone, and NO, he can't transport out of there. That's basically impossible.

Has Goku ever actually teleported anyone to hell?

#49 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomp in Superman's favor.

#50 Posted by russellmania77 (13605 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

@comicstooge said:

@russellmania77 said:

goku for the last time

@comicstooge said:

so is hell but goku got out of there, and how many transporters are in there do you know?

The Phantom Zone is completely out of space and time anyone who travels there doesn't physically exist, only their mind and personalities remain. I don't know how many exits it has, all I know it is VERY difficult to leave. It took General Zod and his men years to find away to escape.

they dont physically exist? than how did SBP physically punch out of there (not comparing strength just proven u wrong),

anyways its not like goku is gonna stand there and let supes do that, he'll throw a wave at him and blow that projector to pieces