This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-goku-vs-superman

#2 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by whitewings1234 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope you guys enjoy the video ^_^

#5 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitewings1234: Thank you captain obvious try covering it so no one else see's. It's considered a spoiler.... And please don't rub it in... this just ruined my day.

#6 Posted by whitewings1234 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@whitewings1234: Thank you captain obvious try covering it so no one else see's. It's considered a spoiler.... And please don't rub it in... this just ruined my day.

would you like me to delete the post?

#7 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitewings1234 said:

@comicace3 said:

@whitewings1234: Thank you captain obvious try covering it so no one else see's. It's considered a spoiler.... And please don't rub it in... this just ruined my day.

would you like me to delete the post?

Just hide it

#8 Edited by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitewings1234: Delete it. It's too soon for the spoiler. An 1diot already spoiled me this epic fight but maybe there are who haven't seen yet.

#9 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

No need to rub it in we know who won...

.I just can't understand why goku used the power of the yellow sun against superman... that was just dumb move...

They stated he wouldn't know about Superman and the sun.

#10 Posted by whitewings1234 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@whitewings1234: Delete it. It's too soon for the spoiler. An 1diot already spoiled me this epic fight but maybe there are who haven't seen yet.

I just hid it. XD

#11 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Hide your comments for it won't show the winner

#13 Edited by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by ei8trak (6 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#15 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

it wasn t a fair fight for goku because superman has no morals but goku has them. anyway i will be angry if they didnt had say that the history of goku is about becoming better but in superman is the history of an alien trying to fight in a world of common people and he is a god

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, seriously, why do you keep posting this?

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23084 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#19 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@jwalser3: If he did know and he knew where a red son was that would change the battle. But * sigh* we can't go back in time to stop it.
"If the battle had been rigged in his favor, Goku would have won."? The most important thing the Death battle said was that Superman outclassed Goku in every way, which is true.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@jwalser3 said:

@comicace3 said:

No need to rub it in we know who won...

.I just can't understand why goku used the power of the yellow sun against superman... that was just dumb move...

They stated he wouldn't know about Superman and the sun.

Though when Goku "mind attacked" Superman(which Goku never did, or any Z fighter) he could read that information from his mind.
The whole point there was that Superman's mind is protected from psychic assaults, But I agree with you, that while Goku has shown TP abilities, he's only ever been able to communicate, its never been shown that he can use those abilities offensively.
#20 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

Dude, seriously, why do you keep posting this?

Because the mod told me to make a new one :P

#21 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Voorhees100 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Shawnbaby (10426 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@whitewings1234: Thank you captain obvious try covering it so no one else see's. It's considered a spoiler.... And please don't rub it in... this just ruined my day.

If Goku losing a made up battle is enough to ruin your day...you seriously need to rethink your priorities.

#24 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@Voorhees100 said:

I'm looking at the comments on the Death Battle page, and I love how all the butt hurt DBZ fans are complaining and NOW saying that the fight isn't fair cause Goku had limits while Superman didn't, and saying Goku should have Instant Transmission'd him to a red sun or something, despite Goku not knowing about that weakness, this battle will settle nothing, the war wages on.

It was obvious that this video wouldnt solve anything, as the Loser's Fans only think he'd win because they dont know anything about the Winner. Anybody who has more experience with the winner than just a couple of appearances knows he's way out of the Loser's league, just like the death battle said.

Unspecific Nouns ftw?

#25 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@Voorhees100 said:

I'm looking at the comments on the Death Battle page, and I love how all the butt hurt DBZ fans are complaining and NOW saying that the fight isn't fair cause Goku had limits while Superman didn't, and saying Goku should have Instant Transmission'd him to a red sun or something, despite Goku not knowing about that weakness, this battle will settle nothing, the war wages on.

It was obvious that this video wouldnt solve anything, as the Loser's Fans only think he'd win because they dont know anything about the Winner. Anybody who has more experience with the winner than just a couple of appearances knows he's way out of the Loser's league, just like the death battle said.

Unspecific Nouns ftw?

Mostly a lot of them kids don't read comics

#26 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

In all fairness...

Goku was trying to figure out just how SuperMan was so powerful. He wasn't "mind attacking" him. I don't know where anyone is getting that idea. Goku has shown the ability many many MANY times to read people's thoughts. He was just trying to figure out Superman, who wasn't like anyone he's ever fought. Because it was blocked however, he was not able to figure out that Super man gets his power from the sun or that red solar energy drains him.

I will say however that Goku Should have Won.

Not because Goku is stronger then Superman (although I don't like how they did not include the fact that Goku's attacks can clearly destroy planets even earlier in the series. SSJ 4 could destroy the Galaxy), but because of the fact that the final attack wiped out the Earth.

This is a death battle yes, and its a fight to the death, but they stated several times that Super-Man clearly values human life above his own. Hell, in Superman 1 he flew back in time when you know who passed just to fix it. They used Goku's compassion in the fight (destroying the kryptonite) but decided to let Superman destroy the Earth? Even in the comic's Super Man has "given up" in order to protect a few people. The lives of everyone on Earth? No. The battle should have honestly ended with Super Man going "What am I doing? This will kill everyone i love. I am sorry...Lois" and then taking Goku's punch to the chest and dieing.

Again. Not because Super-man is weaker then Goku, but because Super man's moral's are so strong that he would never accept winning at fight at the cost of the lives of everyone on Earth.

#27 Posted by Mediumguy (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@mhanuroth said:

it wasn t a fair fight for goku because superman has no morals but goku has them. anyway i will be angry if they didnt had say that the history of goku is about becoming better but in superman is the history of an alien trying to fight in a world of common people and he is a god

Superman has no morals? Yea that's why he enslaved earth and killed all the heroes. That's also why he murdered Lex Luthor first chance he got.

#28 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetalSonic said:

In all fairness...

Goku was trying to figure out just how SuperMan was so powerful. He wasn't "mind attacking" him. I don't know where anyone is getting that idea. Goku has shown the ability many many MANY times to read people's thoughts. He was just trying to figure out Superman, who wasn't like anyone he's ever fought. Because it was blocked however, he was not able to figure out that Super man gets his power from the sun or that red solar energy drains him.

I will say however that Goku Should have Won.

Not because Goku is stronger then Superman (although I don't like how they did not include the fact that Goku's attacks can clearly destroy planets even earlier in the series. SSJ 4 could destroy the Galaxy), but because of the fact that the final attack wiped out the Earth.

This is a death battle yes, and its a fight to the death, but they stated several times that Super-Man clearly values human life above his own. Hell, in Superman 1 he flew back in time when you know who passed just to fix it. They used Goku's compassion in the fight (destroying the kryptonite) but decided to let Superman destroy the Earth? Even in the comic's Super Man has "given up" in order to protect a few people. The lives of everyone on Earth? No. The battle should have honestly ended with Super Man going "What am I doing? This will kill everyone i love. I am sorry...Lois" and then taking Goku's punch to the chest and dieing.

Again. Not because Super-man is weaker then Goku, but because Super man's moral's are so strong that he would never accept winning at fight at the cost of the lives of everyone on Earth.

Exactly what I was trying to say... They kept Goku's morals, but ignored Supermans. Their morals would play a big part in this fight.

#29 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

#30 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy said:

@mhanuroth said:

it wasn t a fair fight for goku because superman has no morals but goku has them. anyway i will be angry if they didnt had say that the history of goku is about becoming better but in superman is the history of an alien trying to fight in a world of common people and he is a god

Superman has no morals? Yea that's why he enslaved earth and killed all the heroes. That's also why he murdered Lex Luthor first chance he got.

Are you talking about Ultraman, the parallel universe or what Superman?

#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

Supermans morals were basically off. Why wasn't Goku's? If his morals was off he would have just ended the fight when the kryptonite was hurting Supes.

#32 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

Good explanation ^_^

#33 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

Supermans morals were basically off. Why wasn't Goku's? If his morals was off he would have just ended the fight when the kryptonite was hurting Supes.

The Kryptonite was just flair anyway, thats what im saying. Morals off, no artistic representation, no flare for story telling purposes, Superman kills him in less than a nanosecond, he outclasses Goku in every meaningful way.

Its like what a Flash comic book would be if they took out all the plot and flare, just one panel with the Flash punching through whoever he is fighting at the time, The End. If you watch their wrap up after the actual fight, they go into the fact that Superman is just infinitely superior to Goku, its not even close. Dont get hung up on the flare aspects.

#34 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

Supermans morals were basically off. Why wasn't Goku's? If his morals was off he would have just ended the fight when the kryptonite was hurting Supes.

The Kryptonite was just flair anyway, thats what im saying. Morals off, no artistic representation, no flare for story telling purposes, Superman kills him in less than a nanosecond, he outclasses Goku in every meaningful way.

Its like what a Flash comic book would be if they took out all the plot and flare, just one panel with the Flash punching through whoever he is fighting at the time, The End. If you watch their wrap up after the actual fight, they go into the fact that Superman is just infinitely superior to Goku, its not even close. Dont get hung up on the flare aspects.

I never stated who I think would win in the fight. I just think the video was pretty stupid, lol. I see what you are saying and I agree, but the video how it played out wasn't very good. It was entertaining, but inaccurate.

#35 Posted by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

The KI in this death battle is explained as the physical prowess. Superman has a bunch of it. It is very plausible that Goku could sense it.

How can you be suprised at the idea that SUPER MAN DESTROYED A PLANET FULL OF PEOPLE to kill someone?

Even people who aren't fans of Super Man would go "Wait, what? That isn't Super Man".

The battle is about who would win in a fight. Super man would NEVER destroy the earth (while its inhabited) to beat somebody. Never. It goes against everything that makes him Super Man. His Morals make him who he is just as much as his training and power.

#36 Edited by MetalSonic (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

Supermans morals were basically off. Why wasn't Goku's? If his morals was off he would have just ended the fight when the kryptonite was hurting Supes.

The Kryptonite was just flair anyway, thats what im saying. Morals off, no artistic representation, no flare for story telling purposes, Superman kills him in less than a nanosecond, he outclasses Goku in every meaningful way.

Its like what a Flash comic book would be if they took out all the plot and flare, just one panel with the Flash punching through whoever he is fighting at the time, The End. If you watch their wrap up after the actual fight, they go into the fact that Superman is just infinitely superior to Goku, its not even close. Dont get hung up on the flare aspects.

This battle isn't "Random Guy with Super Man Powers" versus "Random Guy with Goku Powers".

It's Super Man vs Goku. They even list their personalities and non strength feats in the strength and weakness catagory before the fight. This is a battle using everything each character has. Super Man wouldn't 1 hit KO Goku due to the fact that he didn't know what to make of him. Super Man always amps things up as the fight progresses, as does Goku. You call it "flare", I call it their actual character. So yeah, I am sorry that I get "hung up" on that fact that one of my favorite comic book characters just killed billions of innocent people to beat someone, which is something he would NEVER do in the actual comics. It's completely out of character.

#37 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

Which is, aside the SSJ multipliers, literally completely false.

#38 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they got this one right.

#39 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at Superman blowing up Earth.

#40 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

Which is, aside the SSJ multipliers, literally completely false.

HAHA, youre the guy who was trying to calculate on the Superman vs Goku thread and just making up numbers and feats as you went along, at least these guys put some logic into it. "Roshi blew up a moon, so multiplied by Goku's made up power level of 900,000,000,000,000, that means SSJ4 Goku can blow up 5,000 Universes." I think they honestly still oversold Goku, and he should have come in much slower and weaker, especially at SSJ4, but I can at least say their methods are rational.

@MetalSonic: Because that isnt the point, the point was just to show a cool fan fight, and also show who would win. If you want to get overly technical about it, in character, they wouldnt even fight, because Superman really does have "Soul Vision" and used it to see that Superboy was a good person. He'd see that Goku was good, and theyd go off and fight Buuseid (Darkseid x Buu fusion) or something. I wouldnt put it past Goku asking for a sparring match, but in character, Supes would likely say no, and if he didnt, he'd take Goku to a deserted planet.

Dont be too hung up on artistic liberties, as they are not the important part.

#41 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetalSonic said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@MetalSonic: That wasnt the point though, the point was to show who would win in a fight. Based on their "On Paper" comparisons, the fight frankly should not have been anywhere as close as the fight sequence implied. They just wanted to make an interesting, exciting, and visually impressive video. Based on their actual calculations, Supes wouldnt actually have to destroy the world to beat Goku, he could just blitz him and kill him in less than a nano second, but that doesnt make for a good movie. I suspect ScrewAttack didnt realize how people would get so hung up on the planet exploding, I mean, im sure surprised that its come up so much.

If we want to nitpick, Goku shouldnt even have been able to sense Superman as he doesnt have Ki, and Goku's Instant Transmission would have been useless as he has to focus on someones energy to teleport to them.

The KI in this death battle is explained as the physical prowess. Superman has a bunch of it. It is very plausible that Goku could sense it.

How can you be suprised at the idea that SUPER MAN DESTROYED A PLANET FULL OF PEOPLE to kill someone?

Even people who aren't fans of Super Man would go "Wait, what? That isn't Super Man".

The battle is about who would win in a fight. Super man would NEVER destroy the earth (while its inhabited) to beat somebody. Never. It goes against everything that makes him Super Man. His Morals make him who he is just as much as his training and power.

It's a battle to the death, not a knockout match, hence Death Battle. The general stipulation entails that character morals are supposed to be off. They had one with TMNT where they have Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michaelango slaughter each other without qualm.

#42 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured this would be the result, based on their half baked research. I knew their result would be nonsense either way when they said that they weren't using power levels, and then tried to apply Super Saiyan multipliers to everything. I was facepalming back in the research phase with how much random crap they got straight up wrong. And I haven't watched the fight yet, but from what I understand Superman wins by blowing up the Earth, yes? Lol. Blowing up a planet isn't going to kill Goku. That wouldn't even kill Frieza, and we have plenty of evidence that Goku can survive in space. From the Saiyan migration, to the new movie. The one thing that every fan got right though is that this battle didn't solve anything.

#43 Posted by whitewings1234 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

How many Superman vs Goku threads do we need on the Vine? I think now we got more than enough. lol

#44 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mediumguy: superman has no morals in this fight. IN the comics usually is a very good guy

#45 Posted by Tohoma (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest they should have removed the kryptonite scene all together, since this is a death battle and morals should be off.

#46 Posted by HughJackmanFan88 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins.

#47 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

They went based on what their feats were rather than useless, unproven exaggeration and speculation. In that area Superman cleanly beats Kakarotto.. I don't see a problem with that.

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37319 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess this one was made after someone already made one.

Moderator