superman vs freddy krueger in (superman's dream)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bornstar

. a lot of kids in metropolis believes freddy krueger exist. superman was sleeping and freddy krueger goes in his dream and know his weakness is kryptonite and uses it in his dream. superman knew he was going to go in his dream.  can superman find a way defeat freddy krueger? freddy going in for the kill

vs 
vs 

No Caption Provided
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By alcoholbob

Freddie Kreuger would torment Superman until he wakes up, with or without kryptonite.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes (his body being invulnerable to anything Kreuger would do to it in the dream) would eventually wake up.

Gothicowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gothicowboy
@venomoushatred1001 said:

Supe (his body being invulnerable to anything Kreuger would do to it in the dream) would eventually wake up.

His body might be invulnerable, but would his mind be strong enough?
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

I don't know how this would work even if Freddy Krueger Killed him in the dream how would that work out in real life?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gothicowboy said:
@venomoushatred1001 said:

Supe (his body being invulnerable to anything Kreuger would do to it in the dream) would eventually wake up.

His body might be invulnerable, but would his mind be strong enough?

Supes has resisted telepathic attacks before. I think he'll be fine.

@GrandSymbiote94 said:
I don't know how this would work even if Freddy Krueger Killed him in the dream how would that work out in real life?

It wouldn't. His body is too invulnerable for supes to hurt. 
Gothicowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gothicowboy
@GrandSymbiote94 said:

One of three ways.  1) Superman wakes up as his dream self dies.  2) Superman's body becomes comatose or 3) The brain shuts down due to believing that he is actually dead thereby killing him. 
bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bornstar

its hard for him to kill superman in the dream either way

Darkeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Darkeden

do you guys know freddy krueger? he can manipulate your dreams and whatever happens there happens in real life. he is like a limited reality warper plus his attacks are not telepathic-based. he literally lives in the dream world.so how the hell will "THE INVULNERABLE SUPERMAN" beat a dream-warper ?

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HumanNumber

Superman is too strong willed to lose here.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000
@HumanNumber said:
yep
iirc you can control your dream to fight back against freddy
Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeronimo
@HumanNumber said:

That pretty much says it all. 

Freddy vs Superboy Prime would be MUCH more interesting... 

No Caption Provided
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#13  Edited By Dracade102
@Jeronimo said:
@HumanNumber said:

That pretty much says it all. 

Freddy vs Superboy Prime would be MUCH more interesting... 

No Caption Provided
QTF
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Phylos
@Darkeden said:
do you guys know freddy krueger? he can manipulate your dreams and whatever happens there happens in real life. he is like a limited reality warper plus his attacks are not telepathic-based. he literally lives in the dream world.so how the hell will "THE INVULNERABLE SUPERMAN" beat a dream-warper ?
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Kal'smahboi

If you think Supes is strong out here, wait until you're in his head. Krueger runs back to his boiler room crying. 

@Darkeden said:

Krueger preys on teenagers and the weak willed. Sure he's powerful but he's always beaten by the end of the movie by some strong willed teenage girl.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

Think Superman will realize something is up if Freddy manages to cut him, having fought Dr. Destiny before he would know it was time to wake up.

lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lets_jam
@Outside_85: superman got stomped each and every single time he went up against doctor destiny...and each and every time he needed someone to save him, zatanna, elongated man etc etc. 
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Outside_85
@lets_jam: Managed pretty decently on his own, when Destiny meshed up his dreams with Ravens.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lets_jam
@Kal'smahboi: ...

freddy was killed by.... 

A. being brought into the real world. 

B. Angels  

C. Teenagers who have dream related super powers such as being able to pull people into their dreams or magic. And the dream warriors failed horribly and ended up being saved do to someone performing an exorcism on freddys bones in the real world. 

as i already stated doctor destiny stomped superman and almost the entire justice league with his powers that are almost exactly like freddy's So no...superman dies.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lets_jam
@Outside_85 said:
@lets_jam: Managed pretty decently on his own, when Destiny meshed up his dreams with Ravens.
no 

No Caption Provided

also mentioning the fact that superman and batman had to beat him by having raven and zatanna wake them up...i mean shouldn't that speak for itself.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sega_Shaman

As much as I want Freddy to win, Supes would probably pull some "strong will" crap and beat him, even if in the dream S-Man was just a normal guy (dreaming, Freddy can probably do that). I'm not sure if what Freddy is would count as magic, but if he got pulled into the "real" world, he might be able to scratch a little before Supes eyeblasts him or something. Still, Freddy rarely does the direct approach until his target is scared enough, and he has done more dream levels than Inception. By direct, I mean the actual killing, he generally takes out people around the target. So, here's hoping Freddy can break Superman's will and off him, but he'd probably come back after a while.

lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lets_jam

again with this will crap?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Outside_85
@lets_jam: Considering that both women were completely lost in the dream world, no it doesnt.
Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@lets_jam: Ok true. All I'm asking is whether there was anything extraordinary about the people who took him out of the dream and beat him. I'm not saying that Freddy isn't powerful and doesn't have the ability to win, especially with the power to turn his claws into kryptonite at will. I'm just saying that Supes is strong willed and has a chance of surviving.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nick_hero22

Fail thread is a fail 

Freddy couldn't kill Jason when they were in the dream world (He even said why won't you die), so how is Freddy going to kill Superman who is basically invulnerable.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lets_jam
@Outside_85 said:
@lets_jam: Considering that both women were completely lost in the dream world, no it doesnt.
considering the fact that superman and batman needed their help to wake up...considering the fact that zatannas and ravens cancelled out doctor destiny's powers....yeah...it should.. 

@Kal'smahboi: it doesnt matter if there was anything extraordinary about those people. Which by the way..there was. they were all dream warriors..people capable of gaining super powers inside their dreams Again...why does everyone keep going on about will....freddy does not use telepathy this isn't a will thing this sint a telepathy thing...its an...i can manipulate reality at my every whim and can you in the dream world i create and make you die in the real world thing. And if clarks "will" could help him here then it should have the 5 or 6 times he fought doctor destiny who has similar powers to freddy...but it didnt..he got wrecked.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@lets_jam: I know, but it still plays a factor. Freddy likes breaking people psychologically (even if it's just a combination of sleep deprivation and constant fear) as well as physically. Breaking someone's mind (aka will) weakens their ability to defend or fight against their dream. Since it's a dream, the mind is the weapon. I haven't been impressed by Supes' mind, but that  might just be because I view him as a power fantasy on two legs. If it was a Green Lantern against Freddy, then will would really come into play, which just gave me the sudden image of Sinestro Corp Freddy.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lets_jam
@nick_hero22 said:
Fail thread is a fail  Freddy couldn't kill Jason when they were in the dream world (He even said why won't you die), so how is Freddy going to kill Superman who is basically invulnerable.
Freddy couldnt kill jason because jason is an immortal evil spirit. And he was still wrecking jason (with pis) Gee how is freddy going to kill superman inside his dream...gee idk...maybe the same way doctor destiny was doing it using the same power as freddy 

No Caption Provided
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Outside_85
@lets_jam: Would leave both Superman and Batman stranded in the dream world.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lets_jam
@Sega_Shaman said:
@lets_jam: I know, but it still plays a factor. Freddy likes breaking people psychologically (even if it's just a combination of sleep deprivation and constant fear) as well as physically. Breaking someone's mind (aka will) weakens their ability to defend or fight against their dream. Since it's a dream, the mind is the weapon. I haven't been impressed by Supes' mind, but that  might just be because I view him as a power fantasy on two legs. If it was a Green Lantern against Freddy, then will would really come into play, which just gave me the sudden image of Sinestro Corp Freddy.
Freddy doesn't need to break peoples will so they cant defend himself as he has plainly just outright killed people with no warning ie the johnny dep water bed of death. There was no mention ever of him taunting people to weaken them...so just...no. It doesn't matter if the people had training and dream manipulation powers to defend against him like the dream warriors had...he slaughtered them all. And with ease. Like freddy said 

it's his world.

again will has nothing to do with this.....no green lantern will be effective will has nothing to do with freddy and his dreams. 
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:
Fail thread is a fail  Freddy couldn't kill Jason when they were in the dream world (He even said why won't you die), so how is Freddy going to kill Superman who is basically invulnerable.

EXACTLY!
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jezer
@lets_jam said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Freddy couldnt kill jason because jason is an immortal evil spirit. And he was still wrecking jason (with pis) Gee how is freddy going to kill superman inside his dream...gee idk...maybe the same way doctor destiny was doing it using the same power as freddy 

No Caption Provided

Based on this scan, Freddy most likely wins.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Outside_85
@Jezer: Correct me if I am wrong, but Freddy's dream manipulative power doesn't actually reach the levels of Dr. Destiny (fair enough he doesn't stalk superheroes but teenagers, but the original Nightmare always seemed to be about the victim running around his boiler room (cept that girl that fell asleep in class), meaning its not like he breaks off from the 'running from a dark thing that wants to kill you' type of nightmare.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@lets_jam: No mention of taunting? That was a taunt right there! Still, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the "outright killing" part, I'm just saying he ENJOYS the messing with people. It's been a while since I've seen the movies, but I recall that while he doesn't NEED to break people, he just likes to. There's plenty of times in the films where he willingly lets people go, and once they think they're safe and awake, he proves they're still in his world by killing them. I'm all for Freddy wining.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lets_jam
@Outside_85 said:
@lets_jam: Would leave both Superman and Batman stranded in the dream world.
i dont even know what you're talking about ..and at this point i dont even care zatanna woke up batman and raven woke up bruce....thats how they beat doctor destiny..by having 2 people with the power to cancel out his power wake them from their dreams. So you can drop this whole superman did just fine crap because he got owned. Thats what happened the end.  

@Outside_85 said:
@Jezer: Correct me if I am wrong, but Freddy's dream manipulative power doesn't actually reach the levels of Dr. Destiny (fair enough he doesn't stalk superheroes but teenagers, but the original Nightmare always seemed to be about the victim running around his boiler room (cept that girl that fell asleep in class), meaning its not like he breaks off from the 'running from a dark thing that wants to kill you' type of nightmare.

you're wrong 

everything in your post is wrong..its almost as if you've never even seen a nightmare on elms movie.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nick_hero22
@lets_jam

It still doesn't change the fact that nothing Freddy was doing was hurting Jason who kept on getting up and Superman is leagues more durable than Freddy. Freddy isn't on par with Doctor Destiny in terms of dream manipulation anyway so that scan means nothing
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lets_jam
@nick_hero22 said:

@lets_jam said:

@nick_hero22 said:

No Caption Provided
It still doesn't change the fact that nothing Freddy was doind was hurting Jason who keep on getting up and Superman is leagues more durable than Freddy. Freddy isn't on par with Doctor Destiny in terms of dream manipulation anyway.
besides the fact that jason does not feel pain ...and the fact that using pis he was drowning jason and about kill him after turning him into a little boy...besides the fact that the op clearly says freddy knows about kryptonite...and besides the fact that you clearly dont know what you're talking about...why should i care if you think freddy dream manipulation powers are not on par with doctor destiny's? They are.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Outside_85
@lets_jam: Saw the original years ago...and apparently you don't even know who has what civilian identity.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nick_hero22
@lets_jam
When has Freddy ever merge two cities (together) in the dream world because that is something Doctor Destiny has done before. Freddy has low level dream warping powers and that is it he is not a big timer. Since Freddy knows about Superman weakness could probably take this match but I don't see Freddy killing him. Please post proof of Freddy merging a cities together in the dream world.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@nick_hero22:  Jason is also a spirit of vengeance like Freddy, except he runs around physically killing people, and Freddy vs Jason has been viewed as non-canon (like how they gave Jason a fear of water when it's never bothered him before). The scans are actually not that impressive, it's just a skeletal penguin with kryptonite and a guy posing on Supes. I'll admit I know jack about Doctor Destiny, but from what I've seen I'm not that impressed. Freddy's had dreams within dreams, turned a dream warrior's weapons against her, and he's immortal as long as someone remembers him. That's right, he's a meme.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nick_hero22
@Sega_Shaman
In the scan he posted above Doctor Destiny merged Gotham and Metropolis together.
Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@nick_hero22: Ah. Neat. Is that in a dream or "real" life? Because Freddy's "real" world powers seem limited to Tk, strength, and durability.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Outside_85
@Sega_Shaman: Actually Dr. Destiny is quite powerful, needing the League to take him on at times, because in the dream world he controls just about everything. Morrison's JLA had a run in with him (minus Superman and Batman) after the Tower of Babel story and they were struggling to contain him. I was something about Destiny's dream-self had somehow pulled a fast one on his real self and was wandering around the dream world looking for a way out, if he had found it he would have something like unlimited reality warping powers in the real world. Thats what i remember of the story atleast. Another good display would be how he appeared in the Justice League cartoon.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nick_hero22
@Sega_Shaman:  
It happen in dream world
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lets_jam
@Outside_85 said:

@lets_jam: Saw the original years ago...and apparently you don't even know who has what civilian identity.

if you saw the original years ago then you should know that every single death in that movie didnt happen anywhere near a boiler room. In fact the only person to die ina boiler room was the dream warrior who could pull people into her dreams wayy in part 4. And once again i dont know what you're talking about...and just like before i dont really care. 

@nick_hero22

said:

@lets_jam: When has Freddy ever merge two cities (together) in the dream world because that is something Doctor Destiny has done before. Freddy has low level dream warping powers and that is it he is not a big timer. Since Freddy knows about Superman weakness could probably take this match but I don't see Freddy killing him. Please post proof of Freddy merging a cities together in the dream world.

in final nightmare, freddy's powers had grown to the point he could use his powers in the real world. He kept every adult in the town of springwood in mass psychosis. He created barriers to keep people from entering or leaving, was capable of wiping memory, and can cause people to hallucinate, reality warp the houses on his street..again he did this all while people were awake. In the dream warriors he was able to posses his dead body to kill someone. Destiny merged people in his dream others dreams......freddy controls the entire dream world. Destiny can only control the dreams people create...freddy creates the dream world. I honestly dont care what you "see" Freddy is a god inside the dream world and his knows supermans weakness...superman dies.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By difficlus

Superman 
he has strong psychic defenses and an indomitable willpower.  

Sega_Shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sega_Shaman
@Outside_85: I'm not meaning to sound dismissive of the good Doctor, and from what you've said I'm inferring that it was in the dream world. So, given the Doctor's strength, Freddy may not have merged two cities into one, but he made the town he's bound to realistic enough for people to think they're awake and the dream for when they "sleep", he's still a respectable power. Not Doctor Destiny, but still good.If Supers needed to be rescued from Dr.D, Freddy has this.
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nick_hero22
@lets_jam
How were his powers growing?
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lets_jam
@difficlus said:
Superman he has strong psychic defenses and an indomitable willpower.  
dream manipulation has nothing to do with will power or telepathy...superman dies.
lets_jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lets_jam
@nick_hero22 said:
@lets_jam: How were his powers growing?
he collected the souls of all the people he killed