• 79 results
#1 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that everyone is going to say that Dr Manhattan spite stomps, but I'm willing to defend Superman here.

They meet on a random encounter and know nothing about each other.

Morals off.

Begin.

#2 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

manhattan stomps.

#3 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

manhattan stomps.

That's what I'm willing to debate over.

Superman is far faster and stronger. He has most of Manhattan's powers. Teleportation, self cloning, you name it. Not to mention he created matter with his mind in the 4th movie. Superman has never been truly injured by anything but kryptonite and nuclear man's powers. So it's unknown whether Doc could hurt him at all.

#4 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Pyrogram said:

manhattan stomps.

Superman is far faster and stronger. He has most of Manhattan's powers. Teleportation, self cloning, you name it. Not to mention he created matter with his mind in the 4th movie. Superman has never been truly injured by anything but kryptonite and nuclear man's powers. So it's unknown whether Doc could hurt him at all.

Superman wins.

#5 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@logy5000 said:

@Pyrogram said:

manhattan stomps.

Superman wins.

Huh, I didn't expect you to agree.

#6 Edited by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally depends if Manhattans powers work on superman. We have only seen him kill humans, and will Superman be able to hurt manhattan?

#7 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan Wins.

He is an electromagnetic pattern that resembles thoughts. He rebuilt his body two times.

If we are using Watchmen science, then Superman has the same field that keeps him together as the rest of human beings.

All Dr.Manhattan has to do is point his hand and....Superman is just gone.

Superman can punch Manhattan all he wants, he will go nowhere.

Dr. Manhattan can also synthesize kryptonite as he can sub-atomically manipulate atoms.

#8 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman flies around the earth, reverses time, prevents Doc Manhattan from being in the accident that created him.

#9 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan loses badly here. If Superman doesn't want him to touch him, he's not touching him.

#10 Posted by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: I cant disagree, a guy who can time travel the earth when I think about it wont lose lol,, thats faster than flash on steriods

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

definetly superman, doctor manhattan is vastly overated. supes takes his down with one one these:

#12 Edited by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as Doc is annoying I'm giving it to him for the following reasons:

Superman in the films durability shows himself harmed by radiation and kryptonians. But there is nothing to show he has resistance to Dr. Manhattans powers.

If we go by that rational that Superman can only be hurt by. Dr. Manhattan was never shown injured only temporarily BFRed. Meaning by that rational he can't be harmed at all.

Dr. Manhattan was used by Ozy to effectively make a bomb with his signature. Superman has the speed but the films never showed speed bliz well.

I submit this video as what I believe what would happen:

#13 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16128 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: lol whats that? a suparang?

#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16128 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

Dr. Manhattan loses badly here. If Superman doesn't want him to touch him, he's not touching him.

So, how does that result in Dr. Manhatten's loss?? It's a stale mate, right? Superman can't hurt him, and he can't hurt superman..

#15 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

What is stopping Dr.M from rearanging Supermans molecules? And how is Superman going to kill Dr.M?

#16 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: For reasons stated above... Superman can turn back time to the time before he was Dr manhattan

#17 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhatten wins. this is just plain stupid. he gets turned into a little puppy dog. or have his nose turned into kryptonite.

#18 Posted by AmonSet (156 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor has got this. Supes can go back in time, but Manhattan sees his own future as long as tachyons aren't unnaturally interfering. He could stop Supes from going back into the past and making him poof. The time travel issue is a stalemate. In combat, Manhattan will not be killed, he will just reform if he gets broken up. Punches?. Nope. Heat vision? Don't think so. Being frozen by super breath? Nope. Manhattan's got force fields, can change size, crazy regeneration, teleportation, molecular manipulation, atomic manipulation. Supes body is an actual body. Its got molecules and atoms. Manhattan can rip him apart. Supes deals damage mostly through physical force. Not going to work with Manhattan. Super strength would be useless. Only option would be time travel to the past to stop Manhattan from becoming Manhattan. But, Manhattan can prevent that.

#19 Posted by Jodema (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan wins. Not only can he make himself untouchable but he also has pre-cognition on his side. Adrian spent millions on tachyon research for the sole purpose of blocking his visions of the future so this one ability is a very significant one. If he so chose he could create multiple clones if the situation calls for it. I strongly believe that Superman is not above having his molecules rearranged or having his body ripped apart or at least severely injured.

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16128 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

@PrinceAragorn1: For reasons stated above... Superman can turn back time to the time before he was Dr manhattan

ok.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, Superman doesn't have a chance here whatsoever. He has nothing in his arsenal that would support any reasoning which would allow him to permanently injure Manhattan in the slightest. Anything Kal will throw at him, he will recover from and that has been shown. His molecules have been ripped apart completely, only for him to come back and laugh at the attempts on his life.

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: idk it was used only once it superman 2

#23 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16128 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@PrinceAragorn1: idk it was used only once it superman 2

looks very fun though :)

#24 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: between being 18 year old Clark Kent and 29-30 superman all he did was learn in the fortress for 12ish years. In the movie if I remember right he learn all about krypton and 27 known galaxies? So all that knowledge he'd probably learn about aliens similar to Dr Manhattan and techions

#25 Edited by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@Deranged Midget: between being 18 year old Clark Kent and 29-30 superman all he did was learn in the fortress for 12ish years. In the movie if I remember right he learn all about krypton and 27 known galaxies? So all that knowledge he'd probably learn about aliens similar to Dr Manhattan and techions

It was shown him gaining knowledge but not that specific knowledge. That is an assumption and not a factual feat.

@GunGunW said:

Will he really do that in a random encounter?

#26 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: yeah it does all it does was grow huge and rapped up a kyptonion and then it desolved

#27 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: haaaah!!!! superman did what!!! Teleportation, self cloning, created matter with his mind !!!! where did you bring that!! i saw sups movies millions times, he has nothing but the classic powers.

#28 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_Beyonder: watch them again then because he has strength speed flight heat vision freeze breath ability to lend his powers telekinesis superang fix the great wall of china vision and time travel and more that I can't remember

#29 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman:

maaaaan!! come on!! i mean come on!! strength speed flight heat vision freeze breath those are classic powers, i don't disagree, time travel i can accept, but telekinesis!!! matter manipulation!!!! teleportation!!!! what the hell is this!!! if DC writers read this they will commit suicide!! why don't you add omnipotence and finish the discussion.

#30 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_Beyonder: well he's kinda the silver age superman and he could practically make up powers . He can also make illusions like Loki from avengers

#31 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@the_mighty_Beyonder: well he's kinda the silver age superman and he could practically make up powers . He can also make illusions like Loki from avengers

True but we can only use film feats.

#32 Posted by CosmosTyrant (479 posts) - - Show Bio

DR.M

#33 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim: yeah I know just saying

#34 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

Since dr Manhattan lives in the past present and the future would he be totally confused if Clark started time traveling all around. Plus can't Dr Manhattan see and know the future but he still has to act the same way and cant counter attack and such

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Manhattan is not an alien nor have there ever been "aliens" similar to him in the cinematic Superman universe. Regardless of the knowledge he might possess, Kal still has no hope in permanently harming Manhattan.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: puts him in the phantom zone.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Wouldn't work mate. Clark needed prep to utilize that against Zod and he had information on him already. This is a random encounter and Manhattan would without a doubt see that coming.

#38 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: hed see it coming but he couldn't do any thing and has to react the same

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: Based on what? It's a random encounter. Kal has no idea what he's up against nor will he have the ability to access the Phantom Zone, so in turn, that becomes irrelevant mate.

#40 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: if you are just gonna keep saying Dr Manhattan wins I just say superman realizes he's in over his head and rewinds time and saves him from be coming Dr Manhattan

#41 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mighty_Beyonder said:

@logy5000: haaaah!!!! superman did what!!! Teleportation, self cloning, created matter with his mind !!!! where did you bring that!! i saw sups movies millions times, he has nothing but the classic powers.

Maybe you saw the Richard Donner cut, but in the original Superman 2 at the end he was teleporting & cloning. In the 4th he rebuilt the great wall with his mind.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: No disrespect mate, nothing you've said has supported why Superman would have a chance of winning against Manhattan in a completely random encounter. For one, Kal has only ever once displayed the ability to turn back time. Throughout the four films he's had, it was never repeated again. Secondly, all it takes is a mere flick of Manhattan's wrist and he could splatter Kal along the sidewalk by completely ripping apart his molecules. His near-invulnerability won't help him here nor will any of his other powers as he can't physically harm Manhattan. He could speed blitz, vaporize or rip him apart all he likes, but he'll reform himself without effort.

#43 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@AllStarSuperman: No disrespect mate, nothing you've said has supported why Superman would have a chance of winning against Manhattan in a completely random encounter. For one, Kal has only ever once displayed the ability to turn back time. Throughout the four films he's had, it was never repeated again. Secondly, all it takes is a mere flick of Manhattan's wrist and he could splatter Kal along the sidewalk by completely ripping apart his molecules. His near-invulnerability won't help him here nor will any of his other powers as he can't physically harm Manhattan. He could speed blitz, vaporize or rip him apart all he likes, but he'll reform himself without effort.

Its a tough fight I'll admit but couldn't supes teleport him to the sun before he can think? if not I still say time reversal even though jor-el told him not to

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

Its a tough fight I'll admit but couldn't supes teleport him to the sun before he can think? if not I still say time reversal even though jor-el told him not to

How would Superman teleport him to the sun? Do you mean by throwing him or carrying him into the sun? He could, but as I said, physical harm has no effect on Manhattan and he himself can teleport wherever he likes. Such is seen when he is building structures on Mars.

Time reversal might be a possible solution but it's completely out of character for him and it's only ever been utilized once before.

#45 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: You sure don't have much faith in Superman.

Doc doesn't have any feats better than killing humans. We don't know if his powers would work on Superman.

#46 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

How would Superman teleport him to the sun? Do you mean by throwing him or carrying him into the sun? He could, but as I said, physical harm has no effect on Manhattan and he himself can teleport wherever he likes. Such is seen when he is building structures on Mars.

Time reversal might be a possible solution but it's completely out of character for him and it's only ever been utilized once before.

Okay they have a huge battle Lois dies then supes reverses time and beats Dr Manhattan. And if he flys into the sun it vaporizes Dr Manhattan faster than he can teleport away or clone himself.@logy5000 said:

@Deranged Midget: You sure don't have much faith in Superman.

Doc doesn't have any feats better than killing humans. We don't know if his powers would work on Superman.

Exactly

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: I myself am a Superman fan, but that shouldn't blind logic mate.

And your point is true, but Superman has molecules does he not? I doubt they are very disimilar to a human's as physical representation is basically the exact same. Regardless of that fact, Kal still has tool in his arsenal to harm Manhattan so at the very least, it'd be a stalemate.

#48 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Good logic. I just think that right now people are either underrating Superman or overrating Doc.

Superman's only real chance is telepathy and time control. Doc's chance is assuming his powers will affect Superman.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

Okay they have a huge battle Lois dies then supes reverses time and beats Dr Manhattan. And if he flys into the sun it vaporizes Dr Manhattan faster than he can teleport away or clone himself.

Again, this a random encounter mate and throwing in outside factors to help Superman aren't really applicable and it seems a little desperate. Manhattan was already vaporized by Ozy at the end of Watchmen, he merely reformed himself and remarked that rebuilding his molecules was the first thing he learned with his powers. He even disintegrated at the beginning when he first acquired his powers which supports that statement.

#50 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20169 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@logy5000: I myself am a Superman fan, but that shouldn't blind logic mate.

And your point is true, but Superman has molecules does he not? I doubt they are very disimilar to a human's as physical representation is basically the exact same. Regardless of that fact, Kal still has tool in his arsenal to harm Manhattan so at the very least, it'd be a stalemate.

Supes molecules are a billion gillion times stronger than human.