User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

Superman

No Caption Provided

vs

Dr Doom

No Caption Provided

Each man has 24 hours of preparation

Each man has all the resources of both the Marvel and DC Universe at their disposal

Post-crisis Superman

Classic Doom

Fight to the death

Who wins?

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 80sBaby

Clark dies horribly.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

Superman murders him

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doom with prep? Nice knowing you, Clark.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NEEK_03

unless he has knowledge of kryptonite. superman murders him. 1 day isnt enough.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Victor wins.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 80sBaby

@NEEK_03: 1. K-Nite isn't the only way to kill Supes (Magic and energy drain are also possibilities.) 2. Superman's weaknesses are pretty much public knowledge, thanks to the Daily Planet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's on Wikapedia in DC (and Doom has been shown to use Wiki.)

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NEEK_03 said:

Doom beat Galactus with a day of prep. 'Nuff said.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@NEEK_03 said:

Doom beat Galactus with a day of prep. 'Nuff said.

He also had millions of years of prep and still couldn't beat the Marquis of Death without needing Clyde Wyncham's intervention. Doom's prep resume only seems to feature his highlight reel and nothing else, no one talks about the time a prepped Doom got owned by Sue Storm. I'm not saying Doom isn't a prep master, but the "He stole the powers of Surfer/Galactus/Beyonder" thing gets old quickly. He's lost fights even while prepped.

That said, Classic Doom was the MacGyver of the Marvel universe. He wins.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jameshebrew

superman uses his prep for a 24 hr sun dip and destroys doom

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
Doom would probably create some device to Siphon Superman's Power away from him using the Prep Time.
NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NEEK_03

@jameshebrew said:

superman uses his prep for a 24 hr sun dip and destroys doom

EXACTLY doom cant prep for supermans speed. or the fact supes could just destroy the planet he is on. supes isnt WEAK TO MAGIC. he is just not invulnerable to it. it affects him the same it would thor or sentry or anyone with his kind of durability.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

I wonder how Doom will get some kryptonite.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 80sBaby

Well, not exactly. Thor is more resistant to magic than Supes in the same way Captain Marvel is. Superman IS weak against magic (moreso than others in his strength class) but it's not an insta-win nor he he as frail as a normal human. If a character constantly claims he's weak against magic, guess what? He weak against magic.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NEEK_03

@80sBaby: Ok i may be wrong about thor since he is a magic user. but say some on like hulk or sentry. they are just as vulnerable to magic as clark. clark just isnt immune to it. thats how i always saw it.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By The Average Bear

Doom would probably blast him with red sun rays and then finish him off with some good ol' green K. Doom is a monster with prep.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thanobomb1124

I'll go with doom

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Joygirl

Suuuuuuuuupermaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Speedblitz ftw.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 80sBaby

@NEEK_03: I can see why you'd say that. The only reason I say he would take a bit more damage than those you mentioned (Sentry/Hulk) is due to them referencing it as a specific weakness so often. This implies he doesn't merely take the same damage as others in his weight-class but needs to be more careful. The problem comes that it's so ill-defined, writers do whatever they want even if it contradicts other stories. They should do away with it as a "weakness" altogether, imo. After all, they don't list "super-strength punches" as a weakness yet those can hurt Clark, too.

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rd2race

It would be an interesting match up Doom is a beast with prep. But a sun dipped Supes is no laughing matter, his power set ( freeze breath,heat beams, speed and strength way out of victors league) make him a very worthy foe however I believe Doom is a bad match up for Supes ( he's never been the most crafty) i cant see him doing much else with prep other than sun dipping. Doom gets him with red sun rays and finishes him with a magical kryptonite infused missile.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

Superman can just sun-dip for 24 hours. Doom won't account for that and will be overcome.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Harddrivexxii

@rd2race said:

It would be an interesting match up Doom is a beast with prep. But a sun dipped Supes is no laughing matter, his power set ( freeze breath,heat beams, speed and strength way out of victors league) make him a very worthy foe however I believe Doom is a bad match up for Supes ( he's never been the most crafty) i cant see him doing much else with prep other than sun dipping. Doom gets him with red sun rays and finishes him with a magical kryptonite infused missile.

would red sun rays work if he had been sundipped for that length of time? Supes went a bit mental after a 15 min dip - he's be seriously bloodlusted after 24 hours. I seriously doubt the red sun rays would effect him quickly enough to stop him kicking the crap out of Doom (I'm saying this despite liking Doom)

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jameshebrew

@rd2race: the thing is superman becomes more resistant to his weaknesses[magic for instance] after sun dipping. i think he would be too much for doom

Avatar image for drinkurprunejuice77
DrinkUrPruneJuice77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With prep doom wins.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NEEK_03

@80sBaby said:

@NEEK_03: I can see why you'd say that. The only reason I say he would take a bit more damage than those you mentioned (Sentry/Hulk) is due to them referencing it as a specific weakness so often. This implies he doesn't merely take the same damage as others in his weight-class but needs to be more careful. The problem comes that it's so ill-defined, writers do whatever they want even if it contradicts other stories. They should do away with it as a "weakness" altogether, imo. After all, they don't list "super-strength punches" as a weakness yet those can hurt Clark, too.

i agree with you 100%. especially with the bold.

rd2race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rd2race

@Harddrivexxii said:

@rd2race said:

would red sun rays work if he had been sundipped for that length of time? Supes went a bit mental after a 15 min dip - he's be seriously bloodlusted after 24 hours. I seriously doubt the red sun rays would effect him quickly enough to stop him kicking the crap out of Doom (I'm saying this despite liking Doom)

@jameshebrew said:

@rd2race: the thing is superman becomes more resistant to his weaknesses[magic for instance] after sun dipping. i think he would be too much for doom

I wondered about this. Being a Marvel guy i didn't know how much the sun dip would positively affect clark. I guess thats the big question here. Can Doom make a machine or figure out a way to drain that excess sun dipped energy from clark before clark pummels him into nothingness. ( doubtful seeing as clark moves faster than light and with extra resistance to his weaknesses) However, I don't see Doom anywhere close to clark to begin with.Just for fun, maybe he builds a giant vibranium armored (absorbs supes punch energy), Kryptonite plated, Fighting robot (Rediculously strong of course) that emits Red Sun Radiation with cannons that blast magical energy,kryptonite lazers,and Red Sun radiation blasts,Omega red Death spores ect all while keeping him busy with the robot beating him up. Doom controls it remotely through magic. I don't know if that would stop an enraged beastly kryptonian but Doom has the man power and resources to do it in a day and even after the epic battle with the robot he still could blast him with more rays and kryptonite missiles as he got closer. Either way it would be a fun comic to read : )

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrBigBalls

Superman

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Onemoreposter

In a fight to the death, Superman wins. Doom has a slight chance, but not a very good one. Any hero with that level of a raw power is usually going to win bloodlusted. Half the time the only reason heroes "lose" is because they refuse to kill or step outside some moral code, otherwise the villains would never win and there would be none left. That being said:

Doom takes Superman if Superman is his regular unbloodlusted self. I see doom as Luthor x 10. He has top of the line powered armor, superior intellect, and his knowledge of the occult probably places him ahead of some of Supermans regular magic based villains. And thats all without the given prep time

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Wyldsong

Just to point this out...Classic Doom with prep has taken the power of the Beyonder, Silver Surfer, and Galactus before -- and if I remember correctly, he has even harnessed the power of Mjolnir one upon a time. Let's also remember, beyond his tech, has has access to magic, and those lovely shields/armor (has survived an encounter against the Beyonders power, a blast from the infinity gauntlet, an atomic grenade, so on -- he will not be walking into a battle with all the resources of DC and Marvel without being prepped with a shield capable of taking a hit from Supes). And then, you have the Ovoid Mind Transfer...Doom in Supes body=)

With prep, I think Doom has more than enough to take down a sundipped Supes. The man is just a beast, though I admit a sundipped Supes is no laughing matter, but neither is taking the power of the Beyonder and so on....

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By majestic99
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Floopay

Classic Doom has taken on people well above Superman's level, however, 24 hours against a sundipped Superman isn't going to be an easy task. There are a lot of things he could do, with access to DC resources he could very well acquire a lot of kryptonite and incorporate it into his suit or possibly make a few kryptonite bullets (with only 24 hours lets be realistic, if he does these things he's not gonna be able to overdue it). I think this could potentially be a tough fight, but more often than not Superman would win I believe, Superman 7/10 for me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NEEK_03

@Floopay said:

Classic Doom has taken on people well above Superman's level, however, 24 hours against a sundipped Superman isn't going to be an easy task. There are a lot of things he could do, with access to DC resources he could very well acquire a lot of kryptonite and incorporate it into his suit or possibly make a few kryptonite bullets (with only 24 hours lets be realistic, if he does these things he's not gonna be able to overdue it). I think this could potentially be a tough fight, but more often than not Superman would win I believe, Superman 7/10 for me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

superman is FTL or around the speed. yet he can be tagged with kryptonite bullets? makes no sense. anyway i know doom is a prep beast, however supes is a beast without prep and sun dipping would be more then enough to beat doom. he cant come up with anything to stop him in just 24 hrs. a week? yes doom would stand a better chance. a day? i think even 3/10 might be stretching it. because not only does he have to learn what supes weaknesses are but he has to find kryptonite, find enough of it, then find a way to use it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#33  Edited By TheCannon

Doom traps Supes in a room filled with kryptonite, then he uses his upgraded armor to blast kryptonite at him. Supes dies, and Doom harnesses Superman's power to take over the world. Doom loses to Thor.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@NEEK_03 said:

Also, superman has been proven to be killed by just pure physical force.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrRenekton

Doom with prep is OP

ClarkWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ClarkWayne

Even with prep, Superman takes this. Let's take into consideration that Supes gets prep time too, he may not be as good as Doom at prep, but he is no dummy either, and way more powerful.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wyldsong

@ClarkWayne said:

Even with prep, Superman takes this. Let's take into consideration that Supes gets prep time too, he may not be as good as Doom at prep, but he is no dummy either, and way more powerful.

I do agree with part of this. Supes is no slouch with prep, and is definitely no dummy. I still think Doom's prep is beyond Supes prep (just had a thought, kryptonite powered/laced shields, ouch -- it can be used as a power source, why not?).

ClarkWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ClarkWayne

@Wyldsong: The only thing is that they only get 24 hour prep. That means Doom only has 24 hours to study Superman and THEN try to get his hands on Kryptonite. I dont think he would have enough time to build or come up with something fancy. On the other hand, Superman could just sun-dip for those 24 hours and become even more powerful.

Anyway, if Doom were to get more prep time, at least a couple of days, then I would give it to him, but I don't think he could make it with only 24 hours.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By willpayton

People forget that Superman has a very high intelligence, and a lot of resources available to him in terms of Kryptonian tech and artifacts he's collected. Also if he can sun-dip for 24 hours he'd be a beast.

I think Superman wins. He sun-dips and then at the start of the fight he flies up and obliterates the entire planet from space, so as not to risk any close-range attack Doom may have come up with in the 24 hours. After turning the planet and everything on it to ash, he whips out the phantom-zone generator and sends all the ashes into another dimension for good measure.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wyldsong

@ClarkWayne said:

@Wyldsong: The only thing is that they only get 24 hour prep. That means Doom only has 24 hours to study Superman and THEN try to get his hands on Kryptonite. I dont think he would have enough time to build or come up with something fancy. On the other hand, Superman could just sun-dip for those 24 hours and become even more powerful.

Anyway, if Doom were to get more prep time, at least a couple of days, then I would give it to him, but I don't think he could make it with only 24 hours.

Hey, we disagree with what Doom could do with 24 hours, its all good. I just think Doom has done far too much to say that he couldn't. But, we all aren't going to agree now, are we? Cheers bud=)

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Comon supes takes this easily.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Soulstealer

@WillPayton said:

People forget that Superman has a very high intelligence, and a lot of resources available to him in terms of Kryptonian tech and artifacts he's collected. Also if he can sun-dip for 24 hours he'd be a beast.

I think Superman wins. He sun-dips and then at the start of the fight he flies up and obliterates the entire planet from space, so as not to risk any close-range attack Doom may have come up with in the 24 hours. After turning the planet and everything on it to ash, he whips out the phantom-zone generator and sends all the ashes into another dimension for good measure.

So Superman has had his morals turned off and his sanity? Also since we have no idea where they're fighting, he basically decides he's tired of Earth and all those pesky things like friends and family?

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people actually saying Supes wins?!?!? Jesus, the fanboys on this site....

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By willpayton

@Soulstealer said:

@WillPayton said:

So Superman has had his morals turned off and his sanity?

The OP says it's to the death, and doesnt specify morals on or off. But to the death implies morals off since Superman normally doesnt try to kill anyone.

@Soulstealer said:

Also since we have no idea where they're fighting, he basically decides he's tired of Earth and all those pesky things like friends and family?

You just contradicted yourself in a single sentence. What does this have to do with Earth, since you just said we have no idea what planet they're on? I said how Superman can win, whether it's on an unpopulated planet or he has no morals and doesnt care about Earth, same thing. The OP says it's a fight to the death, and destroying the planet will accomplish this.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Soulstealer

@WillPayton said:

@Soulstealer said:

@WillPayton said:

The OP says it's to the death, and doesnt specify morals on or off. But to the death implies morals off since Superman normally doesnt try to kill anyone.

@Soulstealer said:

Also since we have no idea where they're fighting, he basically decides he's tired of Earth and all those pesky things like friends and family?

You just contradicted yourself in a single sentence. What does this have to do with Earth, since you just said we have no idea what planet they're on? I said how Superman can win, whether it's on an unpopulated planet or he has no morals and doesnt care about Earth, same thing. The OP says it's a fight to the death, and destroying the planet will accomplish this.

I didn't contradict myself at all. My point is that if they are on Earth...all of that applies. I didn't say they were or that it couldn't be Marvel Earth. It doesn't matter. The point I'm trying to make is that blood lusted or ready to kill is not the same as I'll destroy everything and kill an untold amount of people just to kill an opponent. So to make it simple, I think your suggestion is a bit extreme for Superman to defeat a single opponent.

It would be a win yes, but I'm saying it's a bit unlikely.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fetts

With prep, Doom owns him.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Primmaster64

Didn't the Sentry made a fool out of Doom once?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Doom wins this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By willpayton

@Soulstealer said:

@WillPayton said:

@Soulstealer said:

@WillPayton said:

@Soulstealer said:

I didn't contradict myself at all. My point is that if they are on Earth...all of that applies. I didn't say they were or that it couldn't be Marvel Earth. It doesn't matter. The point I'm trying to make is that blood lusted or ready to kill is not the same as I'll destroy everything and kill an untold amount of people just to kill an opponent. So to make it simple, I think your suggestion is a bit extreme for Superman to defeat a single opponent.

It would be a win yes, but I'm saying it's a bit unlikely.

Yes I agree my solution is extreme, but it's within the rules as specified in by the OP. He didnt say it's on Earth, so I'm not assuming it. If the rules are changed to say morals on, or no BFR, then fine. You cant say Superman cant win this way just because it's too harsh, especially when the rules say he's willing to kill, implying morals off.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Soulstealer

@WillPayton: My point though is that willing to kill doesn't equate morals off. Also to be honest the OP needs to be more specific in the rules and that's obviously not your fault or anyone's for that matter.