• 96 results
#51 Edited by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

48 hrs isn't enough. Plus the OP gave Superman prep as well.

I do think Doom would do more than Prep than Superman. As he is smarter and much better at planning. If they existed in the same universe then Doom would have a better shot as Supes would've faced people Doom is familar with or maybe even Doom himself at some point. So he would be able to devise something to counter Supes.

Without that, the power gap plus giving Clark prep is a bit much.

#52 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@gritterr: I can, but it will take some time. Right now my computer is crammed with every single Batman scan that i have for my CaV match.

#53 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@gritterr: Never mind, i found scans of Superman sundipped. This is how much his power increases after a mere 15 minutes, he could effortlessly move a planet, here he has 48 hours.

Give me some more time and i will try to find the scan that states that he was in the sun for 15 minutes and became 3 times as powerful. My calculation is based off of an assumption that the rate of solar absorption inside of the sun never fluctuates, and stays constant That would mean that after 48 hours of sun dipping, he would be approximately 576 times as powerful.

#54 Posted by Nitsua (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Superman has no morals in this fight he would probably spend those 48 hours sitting in the sun, and then just laser Doom from space...

#55 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: Scans of him becoming a celestial? Scans of him being able to see something that travels more than 5 times the speed of light? Scans? Scans? have any Scccccannnnns?

#56 Posted by Tim2daresq (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins. Magic is also Superman's kryptonite. Plus, Dr. Doom would find some kryptonite.

#57 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

We don't know what limits there are to how much his power may increase. Obviously there are limits, otherwise, he could fly into the sun and stay there for 1 month and then decide he wanted to beat a Celestial or the Spectre.

So I don't think you can accurately say that his power will be increased by that much in 48 hours. Then again, I can't say for certain that it won't.

#58 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@daawesome2: We don't know what limits there are to how much his power may increase. Obviously there are limits, otherwise, he could fly into the sun and stay there for 1 month and then decide he wanted to beat a Celestial or the Spectre.

Of course we don't know the utmost limits of Supermans abilities, we will probably never know. However, we do have a good idea of how powerful Superman can get via. sundipping. Superman Prime 1,000,000 had sundipped for 15,000 years and when he emerged from the sun, he was able to effortlessly one-shot universal threats, recreate lois lane, recreate krypton, and had began forming a universe. He was practically a god.

There is a reasonable explanation as to why Superman wouldn't just sundip every fight and completely obliterate his opponent. Plot. No one want's to read a comic book where the main character simply amps his power levels to the point that he can obliterate any formidable opponent he might have.

So I don't think you can accurately say that his power will be increased by that much in 48 hours. Then again, I can't say for certain that it won't.

This is only scaling method we have found in all of comic books that accurately gives us an accurate reading of how much Superman's power increases during a sundip. There is no other evidence that would disprove it, so why would we go against something that seems to be really set in stone?

#59 Posted by DaAwesome2 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara:

15000 yrs? OK...I have to ask...how did he live for 15000 yrs? Does solar radiation extend his lifespan or something? I know he wasn't entirely physical matter when he dove into the sun during the Imperiax saga. Braniac mentioned his cells taking on a different form...So maybe that prevents cellular deterioration...I don't know.

#60 Posted by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

#61 Posted by Dextersinister (6197 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wouldn't know anything about his opponent, he can't exactly read up about him on wikipedia.

With no knowledge Superman wins. Doom will not be able to tag him with blasts and will have the joints in his armour fused together.

Doom has knowledge Superman doesn't then Doom could bring along some pre-prepared magic trap.

Both have knowledge then Superman takes it easily enough as he has much more to work with.

#62 Edited by Osmodius (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think that doom stands a chance ok sure it is normal superman but just look at what sups become and with moral off sups will go for the kill the man of steel owns this one.

#63 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5079 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom has prep added to his magic. He wins easily

#64 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

How long would it take for Doom to turn our sun red? Nevermind, Doom has a Time Machine so he has enough time. Doom wins.

#65 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep + Time Machine = Dr. Who level shenanigans. With that in mind I would go with Doom.

#66 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

What's easy to ignore is that Ryu's career has barely started and he's already shown ridiculous improvement. Ryu Hayabusa was a fledgling ninja in the original Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. NG3 is only a year and a half later and he's still barely better than a newbie Dragon Ninja at that point.

The original NG NES series takes place afterward and by then Ryu is teleporting out of places at will, freezing time and making invincible copies of himself. The NES' limitations obviously don't portray those skills as well as the Xbox era ones but they're still important.

#67 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins this due to prep. There aren't many who can beat him with that much of an advantage

#68 Posted by celtic (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins with prep guys, here's full proof plan

Time Manip + Energy Draining.

#69 Edited by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

#70 Posted by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor's Doom's known weakness is his arrogance and unstable emotions.

#71 Posted by Xaa (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#72 Posted by XxGin (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder Doom stomps any version of Supes and normal Doom with 48 hours of prep would stomp any version of Supes except for CA.

#73 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Supes 1 Million would demolish Doom ^, that version was even more powerful then CA..

#74 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Had it not been for Iron Man, an unstable Sentry would have killed Doom. Even though Dr. Doom is a master of prep time, I think Superman would win with 48 hours prep.

#75 Edited by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited Game Settings:

• Superman Vs Doctor Doom
  • New Earth & Earth-616 Versions
  • 48 Hour Prep Time
  • In Character
  • Morals On
  • No BFR
  • Standard Gear
  • Win by KO/Submission
#76 Posted by Clark_EL (2661 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited Game Settings:

• Superman Vs Doctor Doom
  • New Earth & Earth-616 Versions
  • 48 Hour Prep Time
  • In Character
  • Morals On
  • No BFR
  • Standard Gear
  • Win by KO/Submission

DD...maybe

#77 Posted by russellmania77 (15505 posts) - - Show Bio

magic

#78 Posted by dondave (37926 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#79 Posted by thanosii (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

current conditions doom obliterates

#80 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#81 Edited by debeze (243 posts) - - Show Bio

doctor destroys superman and makes him his pet

#82 Edited by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Edited by Clark_EL (2661 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

why?

#85 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

The amount of stupidity in this thread is silly.

#86 Posted by Shawnbaby (10799 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom with prep goes back in time, kills Ma and Pa Kent and raises Superman as his own son.

#87 Posted by russellmania77 (15505 posts) - - Show Bio

doom

#88 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3747 posts) - - Show Bio

This is getting dumb. Victor without prep pwned Cosmoc Hulk, Bannerless-Hulk and Sentry (yes). With prep he's made Surfer his bit*h, bested Galactus twice, owned the PR Beyonder, killed PR Molecule man, handled Asgardians including Thor so badly they had to retreat, defeated Dormammu, is second Classic Strange in Sorcerer Supreme and defeated Marvel earths magic users with Bro Voodoo that he had to save from the Ghost Riders(who doom then embarrassed). His shields have tanked Beyonder, Galatcus and even Infinity Gauntlet shots like nothing. He's got inventions that nullify powers, drain energy and time travel. Not to mention the molecular displacer and anti-matter gun. Superman is a beast, morals off he's a badass. Doesn't change the fact he loses to Victor with 48 hours prep. And it's not even close.

Magic/Kryptonite >>> Kal El.

Nb: up top I saw someone say that PR Beyonder Doom could not beat Superman Prime 1 million... Come on now. PR Beyonder Doom >>>> Cosmic Armor Superman >>> Superman Prime 1 million >>> Kal Kent = Silver Age Superman >> Superboy(man?) prime. And that's not even debatable.

#89 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness, my reasoning is(you're using current versions correct?) Superman in the new 52 is smarter then he was before which people either forget or ignore here, he could come up with a plan to counter Doom. Doom imo is overrated, half his feats are PIS or retconned and then yet he fears "squirrel girl" lol which Superman would literally laugh at...

Plus, Superman has dealt with people FAR more powerful then him historically speaking from Mxy, Darkseid, Imperiex, Doomsday the list goes on. Doom isn't an issue.

#90 Edited by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@reefermadness, my reasoning is(you're using current versions correct?) Superman in the new 52 is smarter then he was before which people either forget or ignore here, he could come up with a plan to counter Doom. Doom imo is overrated, half his feats are PIS or retconned and then yet he fears "squirrel girl" lol which Superman would literally laugh at...

Plus, Superman has dealt with people FAR more powerful then him historically speaking from Mxy, Darkseid, Imperiex, Doomsday the list goes on. Doom isn't an issue.

Correct. We are using Current Version of Character (New Earth) meaning anything from Silver Age continuity, I'm pretty sure. New 52 is just part of what Superman has to offer, and I'm pretty sure the Thought Robot (Cosmic Armor Supes) from Superman Beyond is in play as well. And I agree with you. Superman is considered to be one of the smartest beings in the world and with Lex Luthor being is greatest adversary, I believe it's known that he's smarter than Dr. Doom even though his arch-nemesis' are the Fantastic Four, specifically Reed Richards who's the smartest being in the Marvel Universe. However, Dr. Doom being defeated by a group of chipmunks, specifically Squirrel Girl definitely brings up a very controversial conversation as to how she was able to do that and if Dr. Doom is really a powerhouse of the MU. After seeing those panels, my edge clearly goes to Superman.

#91 Posted by Raw_Material (3296 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#92 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

48 hours prep? Doom will transform into this guy....

Nyehehehehehe! Kidding!

#93 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20308 posts) - - Show Bio

People underestimate Doctor Doom.

#94 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

With 48 hours prep, Doctor Doom wins with a hilarious amount of ease.

#95 Edited by christianrapper (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

how can doom beat supes. supes will just sundip. how will doom react to or build anything that reacts to a guy who can fly faster than light and can move planets. honestly no one should be able to beat superman.

#96 Posted by christianrapper (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah doom is going to beat a guy who can beat him from orbit. this is crazy. superman wins this easily due to his own prep. heck, he will just use heat vision from space.

#97 Posted by jagernutt (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

Couldnt have said it better myself.

#98 Edited by jagernutt (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:

yeah doom is going to beat a guy who can beat him from orbit. this is crazy. superman wins this easily due to his own prep. heck, he will just use heat vision from space.

Doom murder stomps Silver Surfer every time ive seen them meet. Doom should have less problems with a less powerful opponent like Superman.

No distance attack of Superman is going to hurt Doom.

#99 Edited by christianrapper (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

he knows silver surfur. doom gets stumped by the fantastic four. a lot of those plans fail. how is doom supposed to survive being hit with heat vision from space. he doesn't have advanced durability like supes or mmh. however, the problem is supes own prep. he has access to advanced tech from the fortress of solitude. doom doesn't get one way prep.