ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

U MUST not know superman....superman has FTL combat speed and reflexes as well....not just traveling speed. I wish a superman fan would come her and post scans. Unfortunately I can't do it. Superman would wreck dante. Quicksilver won't save him cuz superman is wayyy faster. And It don't matter if dante has a little bit of magic....even tho I don't believe that. Even if that's the case. He not gonna hit him. Dante won't even see his punches coming. And even dante will be knocked out if he get hit too many times. And supes is very capable of that
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1 said:

@NeonGameWave Lol....nero doesn't punch with not even 1/99 of the strength of superman. Yes dante can take some hits....I know that. But he not taking hits from superman. And superman is FTL...do u have any idea how fast someone can move if he is fighting at FTL speed. Light travels about 186,000 miles per second. Superman can move faster than that. Dante loses

Nero`s Devil Bringer is invulnerable and is very strong. Superman is not FTL in regards to combat or reflexes, also Dante can activate Quicksilver with a mere thought. None of his attacks would actually hurt Dante to the point where he would collapse, Dante in human form has survived things that would probably kill Superman and that`s him being in human form without any kind of amp such as DT. Also when he`s in his Dreadnaught form he becomes impervious to all types of enemy assault which means Superman shouldn`t be able to harm him at all when he`s in that form but Dante can certainly hurt Superman with his magical based weapons such as Yamato, Force Edge and Nevan.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

I just told u that superman has super combat speed and reflexes as well. I think u need to do some research on superman. He is way above dante's league in strength, speed, and durability
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1: I do know Superman. Superman ain`t wrecking Dante and Superman is slow in regards to combat speed, also Quicksilver is activated by thought so Dante won`t have any problems in countering Superman. Dante also has Royal Guard which can direct all of Superman`s attacks back at him and Superman has no answer for Doppleganger which copies as well as shares all of Dante`s abilities. How is Superman supposed to hit Dante if he`s slowed down or stopped by time? Its not a little magic but actually a lot of magic and it is confirmed as it is also canon to the games.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1: I know Superman well enough and he is not above Dante in raw power, versatility, reflexes or combat ability, Dante has the clear advantage in those areas. Dante was able to redirect a light attack from Mundus without even trying as it was his demonic aura alone. How is Superman supposed counter Chrono Manipulation? Dante can fly as well when he`s in his DT forms and when Yamato hits Superman its going to cause a lot of damage.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ghost_rider1
@NeonGameWave

I'm done here. The fact u say superman combat speed is slow did it for me. Supes is wayy above dante. Obviously u think u know what ur tallking about....but u clearly don't. Supes posses enough strength to bench press the earth. And move planets out of orbit. And superman fights at super combat speed all the time. Dante won't even see superman punches to dodge him. But I see that this is pointless with u....so whatever u say
e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By e3zombie

Super speed when time is stopped is like a gun with out bullets.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NeonGameWave

@ghost_rider1: I said he`s slow in combat speed, there`s a difference between combat speed and travel speed. Compare his fights with Darkseid or Mongul to his showings of traveling to the sun or around the earth you can see the difference. That`s New 52 Superman and bench pressing is lifting strength not physical striking power and also how does that matter in regards to combat or fighting? A lot of the Superman supporters love to use that feat when it has nothing to do with combat. Do you remember Quicksilver or Bangle of Time? Its like your ignoring my points entirely just so Supes can win, and you probably don`t like Dante as much which is understandable.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Chibio

Everyone, stop responding to NeonGameWave. It's obvious that he is very biased towards Dante and that he ignores the fact that Superman would be faster than Dante even while the Quicksilver is active, since the Quicksilver does not stop time, but just slow it down, to a point where Superman would still be moving a lot faster than Dante.
Additionally to that the Devil Trigger does not give Dante invulnerability. It just lets him regen the health, while Superman would still be able to do more damage than the Devil Trigger could heal. 

Dante is vastly, vastly, vastly outclassed in this fight and I'm saying it again: The only character from that type of fighting games who could compete (and actually easily defeat Superman) would be Bayonetta.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DocFatalis

@Chibio said:

Everyone, stop responding to NeonGameWave. It's obvious that he is very biased towards Dante and that he ignores the fact that Superman would be faster than Dante even while the Quicksilver is active, since the Quicksilver does not stop time, but just slow it down, to a point where Superman would still be moving a lot faster than Dante. Additionally to that the Devil Trigger does not give Dante invulnerability. It just lets him regen the health, while Superman would still be able to do more damage than the Devil Trigger could heal. Dante is vastly, vastly, vastly outclassed in this fight and I'm saying it again: The only character from that type of fighting games who could compete (and actually easily defeat Superman) would be Bayonetta.

Who died and made you ruler of the forums?

I for one think that @NeonGameWave has brought a lot of valuable information that has been consistently ignored because the other debaters wanted Supes to win no matter what. Most of your argumentation relies on the fact that Dante's powers would not be coming from magic which is pure interpretation on your side. Try to find anything solid to prove that, anything that is not you arbitrarily deciding that demonic power is not magic by origin and then it might make your points vaguely interesting. Otherwise all I see is a Superman cut in half by someone much faster than many of the DC villains who have once landed a punch or two on Superman.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Chibio: I`m biased? Superman is an awesome character and I think he`s underrated when it comes to the core of his character although I find New 52 Superman in particular to be overrated, but I`m biased? I mentioned Bangle of Time also and that item stops time 100%, you should read my post carefully and his DT forms do make him more invulnerable to attacks that would harm him more so in his base form. There is also his Dreadnaught form which makes him impervious to enemy assault and that`s my point, Dante has the bigger arsenal, has a lot of transformations and things that should kill him never do as he laughs at the fact of being stabbed through the chest or impaled by godlike demons. Also does Superman have any counter for Dante`s time abilities? Dante alone is hypersonic+ in combat speed, reflexes, reaction time and overall movement. Now if you add his time abilities and DT forms what do you get? That`s why I don`t see how speedblitzing or raw speed is going to give the easy win to Superman.

Now in regards to your claims about Bayonetta being the only individual, character and fighter of that particular genre within the medium of games who could beat Superman, I have to say that I highly disagree, that claim you made kind of reminds of a user by the name of Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer on the Dante (Devil May Cry) vs Dormammu thread who said that no video game character in existence could beat Dormammu and that he alone could solo all video game characters simultaneously. That is completely wrong and its unbelievable fanboying at its finest. Characters from Asura`s Wrath, Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Katamari Damacy, Demonbane, Darkstalkers, Digimon, Kirby, Crono Trigger, Pacman, Mario, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Elder Scrolls and etc can easily take on Dormammu. Same thing as in the situation here, there are many characters from that genre of Action/Adventure as well as Hack/Slash games who can take on Supes. Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Darksiders, Legacy Of Kain, Castlevania, Knights Contract, Diablo, Chaos Legion, Dungeons & Dragons and many more.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/dante-devil-may-cry-vs-dormammu/714133/?

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Chibio
@DocFatalis said:

@NeonGameWave has brought a lot of valuable information that has been consistently ignored because the other debaters wanted Supes to win no matter what. Most of your argumentation relies on the fact that Dante's powers would not be coming from magic which is pure interpretation on your side. Try to find anything solid to prove that, anything that is not you arbitrarily deciding that demonic power is not magic by origin and then it might make your points vaguely interesting. Otherwise all I see is a Superman cut in half by someone much faster than many of the DC villains who have once landed a punch or two on Superman.

1. They get ignored, because NeonGameWave is being very stubborn and sticking to his story even though it's not true.
2. It's not my interpretation, but how the DMC universe is built. There is no magic in that universe and Dante is using demonic forces. If you would actually play the games, you would know that. I would even go as far to say that they didn't mention one single time the word 'magic', but the word 'demonic' ... well, they say that one a lot. 
3. And how exactly is Dante going to cut Superman in half? Mission: Impossible. Just because he does that to the average demons in the DMC universe, where even a well trained girl is able to do the exact same thing, doesn't mean that he can do the same to Superman. It's stupid logic, I'm sorry, but it really is. Superman brawled it out with Doomsday. Did you know that the fight was actually super fast? No, because you saw picture after picture and though they would be brawling it out super-slowly, yet they didn't. They fought at at pretty high speeds, since Doomsday is a very fast opponent like so many DC heroes already stated it.

But this is the moment where the debate ends for me, since I would even go as far to say that this is one of the bigger mismatches in the recent history of this sub-forum, yet it's still open and yet Dante fanboys are still trying to defend a vastly outclassed character. It's THAT bad.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@DocFatalis said:

Otherwise all I see is a Superman cut in half by someone much faster than many of the DC villains who have once landed a punch or two on Superman.

Don't use plot devices to make a point. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By slimj87d

@rpottage said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Epicbeast3000 said:

@SlimJ87D: superman can go far faster than speed of light

He can fly at FTL. What good is flying at faster than light speed if you can't control it. It's like Fighting someone and trying to fly a jet into a target over and over again. Iron Man can fly at Mach 10, doesn't mean he fights at Mach 10.

If you fly a Jet into someone, that'll do a lot of damage.

The point is it's a hard feat to do. You would have to take them completely by surprise. And Superman has no control of this ability whatsoever. He won't be able to hit the breaks on top or stop like the Flash does when he punches and moves at light speed and above. Because there are morals on also, he's not going to do this move because it could kill 100s of people.

@ComicStooge said:

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Spydey said:

So..you really don't think Superman would be able to keep up with Quicksilver? Are we serious right now? Tell me we're not serious. His fight with Flash in the first JL issue showed he's got insane reaction time. The issue where he chased down the Outlaws showed how fast he can move.

Two, Supes DOES have the ability to put down Dante. Even if it's super powered DMC2 Dante.

OP says Pre-New 52 Superman. And if we were talking about New 52, Barry hasn't even used his powers to its full extent. Read his series, he's only using a small portion of the speed force.

When supes chased down the Outlaws when they teleported back to earth, didn't he do that from the Pluto or something?? So that would mean, Supes flew from Pluto then had to search the planet to find them.

He does have insane reaction time, because his mind has insane processing speeds..like when he became an expert doctor in like...4 minutes after reading all the medical books in a library. Supes has it. :\

I don't know about New-52 Superman, they have not elaborated on his combat speed but after what I heard about Cheetah giving the JL trouble I'm not really impressed with them right now compared to their old counterparts. . But traditionally Superman is fully capable of flying at FTL no problem, but it does not mean he can think at FTL.

Old Superman is still fast, but he's not FTL.

He has to be able to think close to it though, right? If he was able to read every book in the medical library in five minutes. And is Quicksilver moving Dante at lightspeed? I remember playing and they were still kinda moving a bit. Just incredibly slow.

He can think just fine at FTL, he fought Wonder Woman while going at speeds faster than light and has seen Barry while he was running at his top speed.

The fight with WW lasted a short amount of time but they still FLEW to the sun. If you said they ran all the way there then that's a different story.

You mean this is seeing Barry?

@ghost_rider1 said:

@SlimJ87D

@ghost_rider1 said:

@NeonGameWave

@BlueHope: Quicksilver is instantaneous and even if he does speedblitz it wouldn`t matter because mere physical force won`t put down Dante.

Are u serious right now?? Superman would definately speedblitz the HELL out of him. Dante won't even see superman coming. Supes is FTL....not quicksilver or bangle of time is fast enough to dodge superman....

Superman is not FTL.

Did u seriously mean that??? Superman can move, react, and think at LIGHT speeds. He can fly from the earth to the sun in minutes.....that's definately light speed. Dante can't match that. Quicksilver, Bangle of Time, and his other feats pale in comparison. Superman would wreck dante. And I also the see the argument between demonic and magical powers. I don't think dante has magic at all. Its more demonic and its not the same thing. And if that's the case then not only can Dante NOT keep up. He also have no way to hurt him. Yamato might do some damage but he will never hit superman

Why don't you actually prove this? Present your evidence on why you think Superman thinks at FTL. I clearly put up a scan that says when he is approaching super speed, HIS MIND gets left behind, but he won't need it because he's flying in space where it's close to empty.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ghost_rider1 said:

And I also the see the argument between demonic and magical powers. I don't think dante has magic at all. Its more demonic and its not the same thing. And if that's the case then not only can Dante NOT keep up. He also have no way to hurt him. Yamato might do some damage but he will never hit superman

This is an odd argument coming from someone named "ghost_rider1" seeing as how Ghost Rider whom gets his abilities from a powerful demonic force is magical in nature and according to Doctor Strange is an even more powerful mystical force than the Sorcerer Supreme. In many fictional universes Magic is synonymous with Divine powers whether it be demonic or angelic. Which is why Marvel & DC Gods have powers based on magic.
NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Chibio:

1) I`m being stubborn and sticking to my story? My points were ignored many times by the way.

2) Then you don`t know anything about DMC. Yamato, Nevan, and Force Edge alone are examples of magically empowered weapons, the forces of the demonic connect to the forces of the supernatural ultimately linking to the forces of mystical and magical.

One of the biggest mismatches of history? Dante fanboys? The only biggest mismatch is your attitude and this forum in which you make false claims as you insult others.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By slimj87d

Can someone prove who is faster than the other? Because I don't remember anything Dante did with his speed abilities that clocked him anywhere.

TheEd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheEd

@SlimJ87D said:

Can someone prove who is faster than the other? Because I don't remember anything Dante did with his speed abilities that clocked him anywhere.

Dante can stop time, there's your answer.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KingofComix

@Vance Astro said:

@DocFatalis said:

Otherwise all I see is a Superman cut in half by someone much faster than many of the DC villains who have once landed a punch or two on Superman.

why not? people do it everytime superman is even mentioned in a thread.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KingofComix

@NeonGameWave said:

@Chibio:

1) I`m being stubborn and sticking to my story? My points were ignored many times by the way.

2) Then you don`t know anything about DMC. Yamato, Nevan, and Force Edge alone are examples of magically empowered weapons, the forces of the demonic connect to the forces of the supernatural ultimately linking to the forces of mystical and magical.

One of the biggest mismatches of history? Dante fanboys? The only biggest mismatch is your attitude and this forum in which you make false claims as you insult others.

This is what happens when superman fanboys are in danger of their hero losing a battle, they begin arguing like pmsing teenage girls.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@KingofComix said:

This is what happens when superman fanboys are in danger of their hero losing a battle, they begin arguing like pmsing teenage girls.

Don't do that. 

@KingofComix said:

Because it's against the forum rules.
Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Chibio
@NeonGameWave said:

@Chibio:

1) Take Devil May Cry 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 and find me a scene where someone is talking about magic. You won't be able to, because magic is not a part of their universe. 
Now go out and find me that scene, where someone in the DMC universe mentions 'magic'. Do it and I will support you in the debate and root for Dante, because magic could somewhat give him an slight advantage, even though even then he wouldn't be able to win. 

2) Yamato and Force Edge are devil arms. They belonged to a powerful devil named Sparda. He used them in hell and brought them to the Earth, while Nevan is the demon Nevans spiritual demonic energy manifested as a weapon, after she got defeated (same story with the dog, the two headless weirdos and so on).  

3) And yes, you are a stubborn fanboy, because you stick to your 'facts', even though they're not true. Don't mess with me man. I played DMC3 every day and I even imported the japanese version of DMC3: Special Edition, as well modded my PS2 so that I would be able to play as Vergil, since that's how much I cared about that particular character and the franchise overall.
I know everything about DMC and I also know that Dante can't defeat Superman, because Superman is simply in a different league. 

I don't mean to offend you by any means and if I did it somehow, then know that I'm truly sorry and I apologize. I still stick to my opinion that you don't know what you are talking about and that the only reason you stick with your opinion is because you love Dante, since he is a badass mofo. 

@SlimJ87D said:

Dante got hit by two bullets in the head. 'nuff said. 

@TheEd said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Dante can stop time, there's your answer.

Dante can not stop time. Quicksilver slows down time. It slows down time to an extent, where Superman would still be faster than Dante. Superman is not your average demon that gets killed by Dante and even mere humans like Lady.
KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KingofComix

@Vance Astro said:

@KingofComix said:

Don't do that.

@KingofComix said:

Because it's against the forum rules.

No one ever says anything when superman fanboys do it though. If it's a forum rule, then they should get called out on it as well.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@KingofComix said:

No one ever says anything when superman fanboys do it though. If it's a forum rule, then they should get called out on it as well.

How would you know? You have 128 posts...Also I wasn't moderating the users post that I responded to. I was telling him that for debates sake. I don't have to call "Superman fanboys" out specifically on using plot devices to make a case, you can do it yourself. It's not the type of rule where going against it gets you in any sort of trouble, we just set that rule to make sure people are debating fairly and honestly.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By slimj87d

@Chibio: I would say Dante in the cutscene cut down down time significantly. I wouldn't say he stopped time. but something you need to keep in mind that even though Quicksilver puts Dante in a different time zone, Dante is also naturally fast. he can shoot bullets out in midair. He can slice bullets in half. He can perform 100s of thrust with his sword in less than a second. So that speed in addition to slowing down time could all multiply up.

As for how much, I really don't know. I'm not sure who would win. It really comes down to quicksilver and Dante's natural speed all put together.

Check out the last 5 minutes of this video, under his normal power without bangle of time or quick silver he was already capable of firing his gun, which isn't even an automatic at 100s of targets. He was also capable of running down the building so fast he began to burn up. This is when he was a tennager.

I remember at one point Dante and Vergil were trading blows so fast in the rain it created a barrier and the rain couldn't hit them. I don't even think Jedi's could do that. Dante already has incredible speed, reflexes and battle speed, nowhere near Superman. But what happens when you factor this power in with bangle of time or quicksilver?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Chibio:

1) That`s why there`s guidebooks, in game info and etc. Research is important in regards to finding out information as well.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Yamato

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Sparda

2) Yeah and your point is? He brought them to earth in which power was imbued within them as he had forged them or even some believe he claimed Yamato from a demon named Yamato who he had slain although I doubt it but I acknowledge and respect the logical idea of it being true. Nevan became a new weapon for Dante but the point is that she casts spells, can use soul draining and hypnosis as she drains Dante`s life energy, her essence is mystical therefore her being the embodiment of Dante`s new guitar is magical as it is mystical.

3) I`m a stubborn fanboy? Your a huge fan of DMC? Then you don`t know me. I played and possess all of the DMC games such as DMC 3: Special Edition, DMC 1, DMC 4, DMC 2 and I have watched the anime as well as read the manga as both are canon to DMC. I`m not going to brag and say I know everything but I know 99.9% as I continuously do my research, although I own the games. And I know for a fact that Dante at full power can beat as well as wreck Superman.

Apology accepted and no hard feelings. I love Dante as he is one of my top favorite video game characters but I am not a fanboy or fanatic, I know when to quit.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By e3zombie

@NeonGameWave: Just give up and let him think what he wants, at the end of the day demonic power is magic and dante can stop time, superman is dead.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NeonGameWave

@e3zombie: Agreed.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lady_liberty

Dante has some nice feats, but nothing that puts him anywhere close to Clarks level.

In terms of speed Clark can and has moved faster than light. The point about how quickly he can move his arms at that speed has been raised, but for this fight its not relevant. Simply flying into Dante at .99c would deal damage Dante can't survive as none of his durability feats are anywhere near that level.

When we look at ranged attacks Clark has heat vision that is hotter than science can measure. We here on planet earth have created temperatures around seven trillion degrees Fahrenheit. 250,000 times hotter than the center of the sun. Considering Superman can generate heats far in excess of that, he can deal far more damage.

--

The question about Demonic Power / Magic has also been raised, and its an interesting one. I've often wondered if Clark is vulnerable to magic from other universes, or just his own universe.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Chibio
@SlimJ87D said:

@Chibio: I would say Dante in the cutscene cut down down time significantly. I wouldn't say he stopped time. but something you need to keep in mind that even though Quicksilver puts Dante in a different time zone, Dante is also naturally fast. he can shoot bullets out in midair. He can slice bullets in half. He can perform 100s of thrust with his sword in less than a second. So that speed in addition to slowing down time could all multiply up.

As for how much, I really don't know. I'm not sure who would win. It really comes down to quicksilver and Dante's natural speed all put together.

Fact 1) Dante does not magic under his disposal, so he does not have that much to harm Superman with. 
Fact 2) The Quicksilver drains Dantes energy. He does not have unlimited access to Quicksilver, so Superman wouldn't always be trapped in the Quicksilver effect.
Fact 3) Superman is able to speed up his senses to a degree where time stands still around him, while he is having a normal conversation with the Flash.
Fact 4) Superman is able to move faster in a straight line than he can think, so he has the ability to move at ridiculously high speeds and him being able to move while having his senses enhanced means that he can at least reach a point of speed, where he can act while the time stands still.
Fact 5) The demons Dante is facing are not as fast as Superman and they're still able to move when he slows down time. They move slowly, but they do move. Faster demons (the red ones) are still able to perform faster attacks than the regular demons, while Quicksilver is active. 
Fact 6) Dante has not only been shot twice by Lady by a regular gun, he has also been stabbed by Alastor, so his movement speed doesn't seem to be that amazing.
Fact 7) When we play Dante, we get to see an important part of his entire existance and are we able to move as fast as some people here want him to be? No. He runs regulary and he can sprint. When he turns into a devil, he runs faster, but it's still not impressive.

I do admit gladly that Dante and Vergil are still faster, but it doesn't look like they're able to maintain that speed for a long time. Dante does indeed stab very often with his Million Stab and Vergil performs a lot of attacks, during one Rapid Slash, which looks like he simply dashes forward and slices once, while in fact he does many sword attacks.

Dante is cool, but he is outclassed and so is nearly everyone else from the gaming world. Bayonetta isn't, since she has unlimited strenght, durability and over the top magic galaxy-busting magic that would kill Superman anyway. 

@NeonGameWave said:

@Chibio:

1) That`s why there`s guidebooks, in game info and etc. Research is important in regards to finding out information as well.

If I would link someone a wiki to a comic book character they would laugh at me. The same applies even for official Marvel / DC wikis, since they're full of misinformation and the same applies for your Devil May Cry stuff, since it's from people who care far TOO much. 
The only thing that matters when it comes to comics are actualy feats and events in comic books and not stuff that happened outside of them like a writer saying something additional or something like that. Simply because it didn't happen in that particular universe, so that you can use it as a proof.

Magic is not THE way to defeat Superman. It's NOT an instant win against him. It's not like Dante is going with Kryptonite weapons into the fight. Give him these and he would have the upper hand. Without them, he would suffer the same fate as anyone else. 
If Black Adam who is Supermans physical match and who is also amped with magic spends time with Superman, since he can't defeat him that fast, then Dante won't be able to do it at all. Additionally to that Superman has built magic resistances throughout the years anyway, since Zatanna helped him out with that, IIRC. 

PS: If Superman was in the DMC universe whe Earth wouldn't be all fucked up, since he would have saved the world long time ago, while Dante does not have such power.
PPS: I would take Dante over Superman on every day of the week and twice on sunday.
e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By e3zombie

@Lady_Liberty: Superman flew from the earth to the sun while fighting Wonder Woman in 2 minutes so thats 9.6billion km/hr so thats 5.96516345 × 109 mph, if he was not fighting I am guessing he could do it faster.

But I could move faster than the runner, if time is stopped time is stopped.

Btw the speed of sound is only 1 225.044 km/h.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MorganFreeman

Dante using Desperate Devil Trigger from DMC2 in combination with the Quicksilver fighting style from DMC3 or the Bangle of Time from DMC1 is a scary thought. It would probably be enough to put Superman down since Dante could kill some of the most powerful demons in existence effortlessly with just the Desperate Devil Trigger.

Some of the item descriptions drop the word magic in them, such as the various Hearts which go into the Amulet in DMC2. DMC2's item description for Ebony and Ivory also say they are fueled by magic power. And Arius was a sorcerer. So the Devil May Cry universe definitely has magic within it, specifically within some of Dante's equipment.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lady_liberty

@e3zombie: As has been pointed out before, Quicksilver doesn't seem to actually stop time. Secondly, Dante doesn't have the reflex time to activate this ability.

Lastly, of course, his weapons have to actually be effective against Clark.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Chibio: Your not making any sense. Those are facts from the actual game, you have to check the in game sources and menus. DMC is not a comic book, last time I checked it was a video game , feats are different in comparison to comics in regards to description and analysis. But I understand your point and analogy. Care too much? I`m just getting the information like you ask but if you insist I can get the information from the videos or even the official in game screenshots such as this one.

No Caption Provided

I did not say it was an instant win but considering the fact that he`s acceptable and vulnerable to magic should be considered if your considering how powerful Dante is in regards to the weapons he carries, to his transformations and etc. Now I`m confused. Your trying to compare Black Adam`s situations with Superman to Dante`s? Now just because Black Adam took some considerable time in fighting Superman doesn`t mean that Dante doesn`t have have a chance and Black Adam doesn`t take too long in dealing with Supes. Does he have time manipulation abilities or transformations that increase all of his attributes tenfold, like Dante has?

Mundus alone would wreck Superman. And Superman would probably get himself killed if he were to involve himself with demons, supernaturals, mystics, phantoms and etc. People forget that Superman pulls his punches as he tends to hold back which means he doesn`t go all out when the situation calls for it. Dante on the other hand likes to get the job done, not for himself and not because of who he is but because he wants to protect the human race for all of mankind. He has no time to limit himself and physical attacks wouldn`t matter in a universe like DMC anyway, I would pick Dante over Superman, easily.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By e3zombie

@Lady_Liberty: Bangle of Time stops time, I think dante can pull it off before superman hits him, plus even if he hits him once, its not going to kill him.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By slimj87d

@Chibio: superman doesn't fly and start at ftl, specially under earth's atmosphere. I have a scan that clocks him traveling half way around the world in 3 seconds. Not sure if that is consistent with other scans though.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By z3ro180

I'm going with superman I love games but comics are much better

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lady_liberty

@e3zombie: Considering Dante is shown being stabbed, and shot fairly regularly I think its safe to say he doesn't have Clark's reflexes.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DocFatalis

@Vance Astro said:

@DocFatalis said:

I don't understand what you mean? Why would villains like Metallo or Luthor in armor or Darkseid or Atlas hitting Superman would be a plot device? It happens all the time, and even if they don't get the upper hand after that, they do manage to hit him. Dante has a sword that cuts through everything effortlessly, so it seems reasonable to me to imagine that if he manages to hit Superman with it the way those villains have, we'll just get two half Supermen.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't consider what happens in the stories but only the statistics or something?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By slimj87d

@Lady_Liberty said:

@e3zombie: Considering Dante is shown being stabbed, and shot fairly regularly I think its safe to say he doesn't have Clark's reflexes.

The only times I really saw him get hit was from Nero and he was laughing and toying with Nero. I think all the other times were just for dramatic effect. Like in DMC3 he lets all the monsters stab him and he walks around eating a pizza while they're stuck on him.

In combat he has cut bullets in mid air, shot bullets with bullets, traded sword blows with his brother that their sword strikes covered so much area it created a barrier that stopped rain from hitting them. He also performs the stinger 1000 which does 100 stabs in a few seconds, the description says he does 1000 of them but that could be a hyperbole due to the name.

People aren't arguing what I wrote above though, they're saying if you throw in his quicksilver ability and it just multiplies the ridiculous speed he already has a dozen times or more.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By MorganFreeman

@Lady_Liberty said:

The problem is Dante often allows himself to be hit by attacks for fun. He's demonstrated faster than bullet speed reaction time. But don't mistake this for disagreeing with you. I think Superman has far better reaction time than Dante.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lady_liberty

@SlimJ87D: I'm not saying he's slow, what I'm saying is he doesn't have the reflex speed to react to Clark's blitz. So regardless of what his abilities may or may not be he's unlikely to have the chance to use them.

@MorganFreeman: That's true.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Chibio
@DocFatalis said:

I don't understand what you mean? Why would villains like Metallo or Luthor in armor or Darkseid or Atlas hitting Superman would be a plot device? It happens all the time, and even if they don't get the upper hand after that, they do manage to hit him. Dante has a sword that cuts through everything effortlessly, so it seems reasonable to me to imagine that if he manages to hit Superman with it the way those villains have, we'll just get two half Supermen.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't consider what happens in the stories but only the statistics or something?

Dante has NEVER faced anyone who is as durable as Superman.
And I will repeat it once again. Lady, a mere human, is able to defeat the regular demons in the DMC universe and would probably not die instantly, if she would face one of the more powerful demons. Everything we saw from the demons in the game wasn't that special. Why not? Because the powerlevels of that universe are vastly below the powerlevels of the DC universe.
Mundus as a demon king is not as powerful as most of the more powerful DC villains. Saying that Dante would cut through Superman is just stupid. It's plain stupid. 

Superman gets tagged by Metallo and Lex Luthor, but it was already stated once that Superman often takes the attacks, to avoid enviromental damage. He knows that he can take it, while that doesn't apply for the others. 

@SlimJ87D said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

The only times I really saw him get hit was from Nero and he was laughing and toying with Nero. I think all the other times were just for dramatic effect. Like in DMC3 he lets all the monsters stab him and he walks around eating a pizza while they're stuck on him.
In combat he has cut bullets in mid air, shot bullets with bullets, traded sword blows with his brother that their sword strikes covered so much area it created a barrier that stopped rain from hitting them. He also performs the stinger 1000 which does 100 stabs in a few seconds, the description says he does 1000 of them but that could be a hyperbole due to the name.

People aren't arguing what I wrote above though, they're saying if you throw in his quicksilver ability and it just multiplies the ridiculous speed he already has a dozen times or more.

Yes, Dante in his Devil Trigger WITH Quicksilver would give him amazing speed, but he still wouldn't be able to take down Superman fast enough. You're all talking like Dante is able to dish out planet busting attacks with everything he throws at his opponents. That's not what Dante is doing at all. 
Additionally to that Dante does lose demonic energy when he uses his devil trigger. Also when he uses the Quicksilver. If he would use them at the same time, he would be empty in a matter of seconds and that's not enough to defeat someone as durable as Superman, who would STILL be faster than Dante. Even if Superman needs 3 seconds to circle the globe, that's more than Dante can even imagine to do. Supermans strenght combined with the additive force that comes from the increased mass of Superman after he traveled around the globe would create such a devastating impact that Dante would simply drop. 

Dante gets way too overrated in this thread. I'm thinkin about creating a Dante VS Bayonetta thread and look what you guys have to say there :-|
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@DocFatalis said:

Because those characters are his villains. If they DIDN'T hit him, who would read it? He's proven to be far faster than everyone you just named and have the reaction time to back it. Just because something happens all the time doesn't make it any less of a plot device.
DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DocFatalis

@Chibio said:

@DocFatalis said:

Dante has NEVER faced anyone who is as durable as Superman.
And I will repeat it once again. Lady, a mere human, is able to defeat the regular demons in the DMC universe and would probably not die instantly, if she would face one of the more powerful demons. Everything we saw from the demons in the game wasn't that special. Why not? Because the powerlevels of that universe are vastly below the powerlevels of the DC universe.
Mundus as a demon king is not as powerful as most of the more powerful DC villains. Saying that Dante would cut through Superman is just stupid. It's plain stupid.

Superman gets tagged by Metallo and Lex Luthor, but it was already stated once that Superman often takes the attacks, to avoid enviromental damage. He knows that he can take it, while that doesn't apply for the others.

@SlimJ87D said:

@Lady_Liberty said:

Yes, Dante in his Devil Trigger WITH Quicksilver would give him amazing speed, but he still wouldn't be able to take down Superman fast enough. You're all talking like Dante is able to dish out planet busting attacks with everything he throws at his opponents. That's not what Dante is doing at all. Additionally to that Dante does lose demonic energy when he uses his devil trigger. Also when he uses the Quicksilver. If he would use them at the same time, he would be empty in a matter of seconds and that's not enough to defeat someone as durable as Superman, who would STILL be faster than Dante. Even if Superman needs 3 seconds to circle the globe, that's more than Dante can even imagine to do. Supermans strenght combined with the additive force that comes from the increased mass of Superman after he traveled around the globe would create such a devastating impact that Dante would simply drop. Dante gets way too overrated in this thread. I'm thinkin about creating a Dante VS Bayonetta thread and look what you guys have to say there :-|

You watch the language. If you can not debate without insulting people, just stop logging in and look at yourself in the mirror repeating "you are right" all day.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#96  Edited By Saren

Don't know much about Dante (and don't really care enough to find out) but from the preceding posts I get the feeling this Quicksilver ability is some kind of localized time dilation, correct? He slows time down within a certain zone in his vicinity? It wouldn't stop Superman. Hal Jordan's ring brought time in a small area to a near-standstill once, freezing all activity within a fraction of a nanosecond. Superman could still move around without a problem. He's that fast.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(Note that he says he's speeded up "for some reason", but that's in order to not give away the fact that Clark Kent is Superman).

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should be faster than thought. So he should win here. But he must kill Dante right away.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DocFatalis

@Vance Astro said:

@DocFatalis said:

Because those characters are his villains. If they DIDN'T hit him, who would read it? He's proven to be far faster than everyone you just named and have the reaction time to back it. Just because something happens all the time doesn't make it any less of a plot device.

So according to you, constants don't matter, it's what we think of the character that matters? Well, I will never agree with you on that. It would be like saying that any situation in which the hero faces a difficulty is just a plot device, something to allow the story to be.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@DocFatalis said:

So according to you, constants don't matter, it's what we think of the character that matters? Well, I will never agree with you on that. It would be like saying that any situation in which the hero faces a difficulty is just a plot device, something to allow the story to be.

No. Consistency only matters when it's not contradicted. Superman is faster than every character you just named by miles and that's a fact, you can't deny it so the only way they would be capable of hitting him is by way of plot device. The writers can't make EVERY character he fights as fast as him, but the writer will allow those characters to hit Superman, otherwise he'd be untouchable to many of his enemies. It's the same thing with Spider-Man. His speed is superhuman, they've shown on tons of occasions that he has speed and reaction time that far exceeds that of even a peak human character..but Peak humans and regular humans hit him all the time. They HAVE TO, otherwise what would be the purpose of the comic? It's not like saying ANY time a hero faces difficulty it's a plot device because some characters actually have villains that have advantages over them or some type of defense for their abilities. 
KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By KingofComix

@Vance Astro said:

@KingofComix said:

How would you know? You have 128 posts...Also I wasn't moderating the users post that I responded to. I was telling him that for debates sake. I don't have to call "Superman fanboys" out specifically on using plot devices to make a case, you can do it yourself. It's not the type of rule where going against it gets you in any sort of trouble, we just set that rule to make sure people are debating fairly and honestly.

What does my post count have even a sliver of anything to do with me noticing an inconsistency in moderation? Please explain logically and take the emotion out of the explanation because that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. And Yes you do have to call superman fanboys out on it, you're a mod, that's what you're supposed to do. If You were a police man, and someone shot somebody you would arrest them, but if it was another police officer who was off duty and completely in the wrong, YOU WOULD ALSO HAVE TO ARREST THEM. I'm not saying it gets anyone in trouble, I'm just saying that in damn near every superman thread there are like a bajillion post in supermans favor where people use plot devices to prove a point, and Nobody calls them out on it, yet once it's against superman, Everyone all of a sudden becomes a forum rules expert. That isn't very fair at all.