Superman vs Cyclops ( read the rules)

• 63 results
KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman has been stripped of all his powers except his heat vision . This is the pre crisis superman . Both supes and Scott are bloodlusted.the battle takes place in an abandoned metropolis

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman wins..

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Here's a rule of thumb, whenever you have to heavily nerf a character to put him in a battle, chances are the battle isn't worth it.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By joshuagamer

superman can burn through time itself with his heat vision, cyclops stands no chance

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman can burn through time itself with his heat vision, cyclops stands no chance

When has that happened? I demand a book and page!

Stripping Superman of his abilities, except for Heat Vision, puts him on Scott's level. So it's not so much as nerfing him as opposed to making him equal. Scott doesn't have control of his Optic Blasts without the Visor, and even then, once that Visor is removed and he opens his eyes, everything in the Blast's line of sight of demolished. Superman won't have his speed to help him focus his Heat Vision quick enough to react to Scott's almost-instant Concussive Beam, and there's a reminder: Scott has easily dispatched a Sentinel by removing his Visor. The same will be done to Superman.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Crisis Superman has the power of bad writing on his side he just comes up with another power on the spot.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

superman's heat vision is planet buster level

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I'm not doubting your claim. I'm curious as to why you think this?

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I'm not doubting your claim. I'm curious as to why you think this?

you should doubt his claim. people think it's planet buster level because it's "as hot as the core of the sun"

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@batnorris: @calebhara:

In this pic it shows that Supes Heat Vision stated by them, "his vision is off

the charts by any standard scientific measures". They can measure how hot a star

is, but they cannot measure the temp of Supermans Heat Vision.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/...tvision30nk.jpg

In this pic his power is waning under a

red sun, but he still summoned enough Heat Vision to successfully power Jor-ELs

planet-moving ion engines. The in this case had a mass 16 times that of

Earth's.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/...tvision17gy.jpg

In this pic, Superman is flying by the sun

to stop the Cannabal planet from destroying the sun. This also prove that Supes

is able to blow up a planet aswell. He also heated up a plaent with his Heat

Vision before too.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/...eatvison2np.jpg

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps....

But really Superman has never shown his heat vision to be hotter then the sun, he split and ocean, warmed up the planet, destroyed asteroids, but just because some reporter says they cant measure it, doesn't make it hotter then the sun. Hyperbole until proven.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Superman stomps....

But really Superman has never shown his heat vision to be hotter then the sun, he split and ocean, warmed up the planet, destroyed asteroids, but just because some reporter says they cant measure it, doesn't make it hotter then the sun. Hyperbole until proven.

How exactly do you imagine them proving it? We have instruments that can measure several billion kelvin supernovas but can't put a number on his heat vision. It doesn't really get any more "proven" than that.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Doesn't matter. The reporter could easily be exaggerating.

Unless the feat is actually done, or the author confirms it, it's a hyperbole.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either can win this. Supes Heat Vision is more powerful than Scott's Optic Blasts...but it doesn't matter... Scott's Blasts at full power are enough to kill Clark in this scenario.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK.... Superman loses. Why? Because Superman's heat vision in full power would burn his face if he does not have the durability he once had. It's meant to be hotter than the sun's core. So the heat visions being extremely more powerful than optic blasts means squat. He can't do a full blast.

And strip Superman with his powers, Cyclops would be in better shape. Note that Cykes can slug it out with Wolverine. I know Superman still knows some martial arts but it would be close to useless in a long range fight.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve:

Doesn't matter. The reporter could easily be exaggerating.

Unless the feat is actually done, or the author confirms it, it's a hyperbole.

"Off the charts by any of the standard scientific measures"

Does that really sound like an exaggerating reporter to you? Really? Saying his HV is "hotter than the sun" would be hyperbole without any further information. Having his HV be quantified as pretty much immeasurable is not hyperbole. The heat of the sun can be measured. The heat of other starts 10 times the size of the sun can be measured.

For all we know his average heat vision blast could be hotter than the sun. That line by the reporter IS the author confirming it. Why would he put it in the script otherwise?!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps....

It's not only said by a reporter. A Thor clone once said it himself when Supes hit his axe.

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK.... Superman loses. Why? Because Superman's heat vision in full power would burn his face if he does not have the durability he once had. It's meant to be hotter than the sun's core. So the heat visions being extremely more powerful than optic blasts means squat. He can't do a full blast.

THIS GUY FOR THE WIN.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

Just gonna drop this here. Nyehehee

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux said:

Superman stomps....

It's not only said by a reporter. A Thor clone once said it himself when Supes hit his axe.

My bad... The Thor clone didn't say that... Must have mixed my memories... Here's the scan I was talking about.

No Caption Provided
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Superman stomps....

Not only that, but Superman has no other powers in this fight. Just heat vision. I don't see how focused beams of heat are going to do anything against uncontrollable solid force blasts. Is his heat vision hot enough to pierce solid force?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssejllenrad

Just gonna drop this here. Nyehehee

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I wish he'd use that on the Avengers.... All of em.... Especially against Tony...

Oh and please pay me? I've copyrighted the Nyehehe laugh a year ago... :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Considering Superman's heat vision has thrown people around before and blocked other energy beams, I don't see why it would just phase through Cyclops' blasts.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 god_spawn  Moderator

@ssejllenrad: Nah, I won't pay you :P. And apparently Cyclops will be doing something similar to New York or something in UXM 10. I think he loses full control or something based on the solicits. But Bendis has been given Cyke steroids or something. I know his powers are broken, but they seem hella lot stronger than they used to be. He goes from leveling a massive area and cracking buildings around the area to hurting Dormammu.

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KalKent1297

@ssejllenrad: well... If that's the case cyclops's heat vision is extremely hot too. Why doesn't it burn his face. No sarcasm, just curious because I think it's a valid point

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@kalkent1297: Because Cyclops doesn't have heat vision. His blasts are just concussive force and he is immune to the affects of his own powers anyway.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: well... If that's the case cyclops's heat vision is extremely hot too. Why doesn't it burn his face. No sarcasm, just curious because I think it's a valid point

When has it been stated to be extremely hot? And how hot was it stated to be? I doubt that it is as hot as that of Supes HV which is heat-centered as opposed to Scott's concussive-centered blasts.

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh......... Okay. I always thought Scott's optic blasts were heat centered with some concussive force

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+hot+is+superman's+heat+vision&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fwejUeP_FcfKPfTTgdAJ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=900#biv=i%7C4%3Bd%7CXjpB8QfqHqAHgM%3A I think that page kinda settles it

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@god_spawn:

I give to Superman when it comes to range, versatility, and being creative with his HV.

Long Range HV Writing

No Caption Provided

Super HV Shaving

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stunning 2 Enemies at once

Infared Massage

No Caption Provided

Omni-directional Microwave Attack

No Caption Provided

Simple Surgery

No Caption Provided

. Beat that SCOTT

KalKent1297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KalKent1297

@overlordarhas: yeah .... But in this fight Supes doesn't have any of those other powers . He's just a normal guy except for the HV. So he probably doesn't have those skills anymore

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 god_spawn  Moderator

Oh......... Okay. I always thought Scott's optic blasts were heat centered with some concussive force

Nope. It's a common misconception.

No Caption Provided

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Middle pick is sooooooooooooooooooo badass!!!!!!

Nyahahahahahahaha!

No Caption Provided
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: yeah .... But in this fight Supes doesn't have any of those other powers . He's just a normal guy except for the HV. So he probably doesn't have those skills anymore

Those are HV feats pure and simple, even if you take away his speed and strength.

Question, is his Kryptonian Brain still working.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dredeuced

@ssejllenrad: Nah, I won't pay you :P. And apparently Cyclops will be doing something similar to New York or something in UXM 10. I think he loses full control or something based on the solicits. But Bendis has been given Cyke steroids or something. I know his powers are broken, but they seem hella lot stronger than they used to be. He goes from leveling a massive area and cracking buildings around the area to hurting Dormammu.

The Dark Dimension's got nothing on the punch dimension.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 god_spawn  Moderator

@dredeuced: Cyclops does have dat dimension of infinite energy :P.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Middle pick is sooooooooooooooooooo badass!!!!!!
Nyahahahahahahaha!

No Caption Provided

LOLZ, your going to anger some SUPES FAN. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

@kalkent1297 said:

Those are HV feats pure and simple, even if you take away his speed and strength.

Without his durability, what stops his heat vision from burning his face?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Cyclops defeats

No Caption Provided

Meh of Steel.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dredeuced

@overlordarhas said:

@kalkent1297 said:

Without his durability, what stops his heat vision from burning his face?

It's a dimension filled with nothing but concussive force.

It is a dimension made of punches.

He punches you with his eyes that pull energy from an alternate dimension where there is nothing but punches. Fear the power of punching.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: I'm not worried. Behind Lvenger, Midget and Sandman, I think I'm the fourth biggest Supes fan here anyway. :D

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

And strip Superman with his powers, Cyclops would be in better shape. Note that Cykes can slug it out with Wolverine. I know Superman still knows some martial arts but it would be close to useless in a long range fight.

This is what makes Cyclops weird.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I was talking about Superman burning his own face if he does a heat vision without his own durability.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

This is what makes Cyclops weird.

No it's not. As stated multiple times already, Cyclops' blasts are not heat-based.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MonsterStomp

@ssejllenrad: I wasn't all that familiar with Cyclops tbh. I just guessed. Like a boss.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Ehehe! Cool then... But that eye dimension of Scott bugs me.... Because it means he can't sundip like his stupid brother Havok!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ssejllenrad

Cyclops defeats

No Caption Provided

Meh of Steel.

Ahahaha! You'd jump at any excuse to hate MOS... Nyahahahaha!