Superman vs. Cyclops (beam vision only)

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Perkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Perkins

ok so obviously Super can kick the snot out of Cyclops in a regular fight

but if it was strictly a "beam vision", or what have you, fight then whose "beam vision" would triumph

imo it is Cyclops due to the instability of his rays.

PS this is a completly equal fight no kryptonite or anything of the sort

have at it!

btw this is my first post on CV
hello to you all.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By claws

just by beams then i say cyclops but he will lose to supes in an real fight

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN
erik said:
"They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat."

claws said:
"just by beams then i say cyclops but he will lose to supes in an real fight"

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the creator

Cyclops 'power output' is far below that of Superman's vision power.

Although Cyclops is capable of punching through thick steel plate at a range of several hundred feat (or even thousands of feat in some showings), the beam does spread with distance and losses it's intensity. The beam is very powerful having been shown to easily blast through a building.

The temperature of Superman's heat vision is so high it cannot be measured by Earth scientists (so it appears to be able to get hotter than the Sun's core), has proven capable of cutting through superhard alloys (and opponents) and can appears to not lose intensity even over hundreds of miles (he has used it from orbit).

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
the creator said:
"Cyclops 'power output' is far below that of Superman's vision power.

Although Cyclops is capable of punching through thick steel plate at a range of several hundred feat (or even thousands of feat in some showings), the beam does spread with distance and losses it's intensity. The beam is very powerful having been shown to easily blast through a building.

The temperature of Superman's heat vision is so high it cannot be measured by Earth scientists (so it appears to be able to get hotter than the Sun's core), has proven capable of cutting through superhard alloys (and opponents) and can appears to not lose intensity even over hundreds of miles (he has used it from orbit).
"
Nice post.
Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the creator said:

"

Supergay. Overkill.
Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magicalmoment

superman overkill

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hadrelius
erik said:
"They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat."

It would be a more sensible comparison with Cyclops' beam and Iron Man's replusor rays.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hawk

Been done before......

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ecsnclr

Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

Supes!

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
erik said:
That's not really true, we have seen Superman exert force with his eyebeams.

ecsnclr
said:
"Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him"
Where do you get that?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius
AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
"Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him"
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom
Alpha said:
"AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision? "
I think he has, though I might be wrong, I'll see if I can find some scans...
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtPhantom said:
"Alpha said:
"AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision? "
I think he has, though I might be wrong, I'll see if I can find some scans...
"

I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ecsnclr
AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"
There non Thermal and the construct of them are very similar but i really do think they will have the same or similar effect on him
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such. "
Lol, give me some credit.

I've tracked down a few scans of him using heat vision to throw people back.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
Where do you get that?

"
There non Thermal and the construct of them are very similar but i really do think they will have the same or similar effect on him
"
Cyclops' beams are pure physical force, no radiation, nothing for him to absorb or to weaken him. The fact that they're both red doesn't mean much.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hadrelius
AtPhantom said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:
"I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
That is proof.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Superman is just to badass

The Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Maniac
the creator said:

"

With his visor, Cyclops can fire compressed beams closer to laser width. 
If there aiming at eachother Cyk can shoot at supes all day and not hurt him where he'll be fried on the spot.  Target practice is a different story, cyk could win that. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Superman has insane accuracy with his heat vision. Don't count him out so easily on the Target Practice.

The Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Maniac

not counting him out, just saying Cyk has a chance, he's no slouch in the accurracy division it being his only power and all.  Come to think of it if they did just h2h it might be good to.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
Heat Vision wins
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the creator
The Maniac said:
"the creator said:

"

With his visor, Cyclops can fire compressed beams closer to laser width. 
If there aiming at eachother Cyk can shoot at supes all day and not hurt him where he'll be fried on the spot.  Target practice is a different story, cyk could win that. "
Superman has all the advanatages of enhanced senses - telescopic vision really gives him a boost.
Seeing a target 50 miles away as if he was standing next to him makes targeting a doodle.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ecsnclr

No Caption Provided

That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, it wouldn't. What makes you think that?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Erik
AtPhantom said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

"
I stand corrected and humbled. 
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator
ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot"

Cyclops optic beam would not even tickle Superman.
Cyclops optic beam is nowhere near as powerful as Black Bolt's scream, which has been equated to a Nuclear Bomb.
Superman (now days) easily withstands Nuclear Bombs.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ecsnclr
the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot"

Cyclops optic beam is nowhere near as powerful as Black Bolt's scream, which has been equated to a Nuclear Bomb.
"
I know but i always thought Cyclops Optic beams where from electromagnetic radiation and it only charges from exposure to the sun so i think Superman would feel due to it being a form of radiation
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtPhantom
ecsnclr said:
"the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful

"
I know but i always thought Cyclops Optic beams where from electromagnetic radiation and it only charges from exposure to the sun so i think Superman would feel due to it being a form of radiation
"
Except it doesn't produce radiation, it only produces physical force. And even if it was radiation, nothing indicates that it would match red sun radiation. Superman's eyebeams are red as well, it doesn't mean they are red sun radiation.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ecsnclr

But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AtPhantom
ecsnclr said:
"But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that"
What does have to do with anything?
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ecsnclr
AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that"
"
Just thought maybe if it was channel hard enough Superman would at least feel a sting but i don't see Cyclops winning i'm just trying to say that Superman will feel the blast that's all
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AtPhantom
ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"
Just thought maybe if it was channel hard enough Superman would at least feel a sting but i don't see Cyclops winning i'm just trying to say that Superman will feel the blast that's all
"
Oh, okay, it thought it had something to do with radiation.

I don't know if Superman would feel the blast. He probably would, but I doubt it would do more than just enrage him.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ecsnclr
AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"
"
Oh, okay, it thought it had something to do with radiation.

I don't know if Superman would feel the blast. He probably would, but I doubt it would do more than just enrage him.
"
He would feel it and think "What the hell was that for. that kinda stings now I'm going to rip you in half assh0le." something like that
Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Obviously Superman wins, having a much higher level of durability.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By MrDirector786

Superman can increase his heat vision to temperatures even scientists can't measure and can expand it's range over a planet. I go with Superman.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By reactor

During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ecsnclr
Reactor said:
"During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.
"

I know i posted the scan
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AtPhantom
Reactor said:
"During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.
"
Fail.

Superman's power output cannot be measured. It is potentially hotter than the sun. He once used it to heat the entire Earth.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos
Reactor said:
"
completely wrong...

Superman's power output is immesurable... there have been several instances where scientists have tried to measure the output of his heatvision and failed as it was hotter than anything on earth...

Superman has use his heat vision to melt diamonds or engrave them in the past, most notably however, he uses his heat vision to shave... putting his heat vision at capable of cutting Kryptonian biology while under a yellow sun... not his hair dowsn't burn ior get singed while he flies through a sun, so his heat vision is far hotter than the core of a star...

Cyclops' blast may be strong, but it's nowhere near Superman's level of power

M
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the creator
Reactor said:
"
Now are you really sure about 262 Kelvin being Superman's maximum temperature ???

Let me explain why I think you have made an error.
The Kelvin scale is an absolute temperature scale, able to record temperatures from absolute zero upwards, and therefore all as positive numbers (unlike other temperature scales).
1 deg Kelvin is equal to 1deg Celcius (for the size of the units).
Therefore 0 deg Celcius is 273 deg Kelvin.
So the maximum temperature of Superman's heat vision is the equivalent of -10 deg Celcius.........

As scientists cannot measure the maximum temp of Superman's heat vision, it is therefore considered to be hotter than the core of the Sun (which can be measured). This means that it can become hotter than 15,700,000 deg Kelvin.
He can maintain this output for minutes, even hours if necessary.
This power level far outstrips the figures you mentioned above.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

thanks for the science bit Creator... i just couldn't be bothered arguing that point today lol

M

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By the creator
Methos said:
"thanks for the science bit Creator... i just couldn't be bothered arguing that point today lol

M
"
Happy to help.
Avatar image for stormamazonpheonix
StormAmazonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyckes couldn't take down Storm in EITHER one of their battles. Nuff said

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kentaxx

I like Cyclops
I wish they would give him his own series

Avatar image for stormamazonpheonix
StormAmazonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't work without his diamond blow up doll.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kaino12
Kentaxx said:
"I like Cyclops
I wish they would give him his own series "
i like havok better he's not a boy scout.