• 120 results
#1 Posted by Perkins (12 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so obviously Super can kick the snot out of Cyclops in a regular fight

but if it was strictly a "beam vision", or what have you, fight then whose "beam vision" would triumph

imo it is Cyclops due to the instability of his rays.

PS this is a completly equal fight no kryptonite or anything of the sort

have at it!

btw this is my first post on CV
hello to you all.

#2 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

just by beams then i say cyclops but he will lose to supes in an real fight

#3 Posted by Erik (29830 posts) - - Show Bio

They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat.

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (6926 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat."

claws said:
"just by beams then i say cyclops but he will lose to supes in an real fight"

#5 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops 'power output' is far below that of Superman's vision power.

Although Cyclops is capable of punching through thick steel plate at a range of several hundred feat (or even thousands of feat in some showings), the beam does spread with distance and losses it's intensity. The beam is very powerful having been shown to easily blast through a building.

The temperature of Superman's heat vision is so high it cannot be measured by Earth scientists (so it appears to be able to get hotter than the Sun's core), has proven capable of cutting through superhard alloys (and opponents) and can appears to not lose intensity even over hundreds of miles (he has used it from orbit).

#6 Posted by Owen_Porter (83265 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Cyclops 'power output' is far below that of Superman's vision power.

Although Cyclops is capable of punching through thick steel plate at a range of several hundred feat (or even thousands of feat in some showings), the beam does spread with distance and losses it's intensity. The beam is very powerful having been shown to easily blast through a building.

The temperature of Superman's heat vision is so high it cannot be measured by Earth scientists (so it appears to be able to get hotter than the Sun's core), has proven capable of cutting through superhard alloys (and opponents) and can appears to not lose intensity even over hundreds of miles (he has used it from orbit).
"
Nice post.
Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:

"

Supergay. Overkill.
#8 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

superman overkill

#9 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"They are two different types of "beams" altogether. Cyclops' optic blasts produce no heat at all and Superman's heat vision has no kinetic force, producing only heat."

It would be a more sensible comparison with Cyclops' beam and Iron Man's replusor rays.
#10 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done before......

#11 Edited by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him

#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes!

#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
That's not really true, we have seen Superman exert force with his eyebeams.

ecsnclr
said:
"Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him"
Where do you get that?

#14 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
"Cyclops Optic beams are the MU equivalent to DC Red Solar energy and it would mess with Supes powers eventual killing him"
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision?
#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision? "
I think he has, though I might be wrong, I'll see if I can find some scans...
#16 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Alpha said:
"AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"

Where have you sen him show force with his heat vision? "
I think he has, though I might be wrong, I'll see if I can find some scans...
"

I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such.
#17 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"erik said:

ecsnclr
said:
Where do you get that?

"
There non Thermal and the construct of them are very similar but i really do think they will have the same or similar effect on him
#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such. "
Lol, give me some credit.

I've tracked down a few scans of him using heat vision to throw people back.

#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
Where do you get that?

"
There non Thermal and the construct of them are very similar but i really do think they will have the same or similar effect on him
"
Cyclops' beams are pure physical force, no radiation, nothing for him to absorb or to weaken him. The fact that they're both red doesn't mean much.
#20 Posted by Alpha (7311 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:
"I think you might be talking about his PC powers that including "rainbow vision" and such. "

"
That is proof.
#21 Posted by Owen_Porter (83265 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is just to badass

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by The Maniac (19 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:

"

With his visor, Cyclops can fire compressed beams closer to laser width. 
If there aiming at eachother Cyk can shoot at supes all day and not hurt him where he'll be fried on the spot.  Target practice is a different story, cyk could win that. 
#23 Posted by Owen_Porter (83265 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has insane accuracy with his heat vision. Don't count him out so easily on the Target Practice.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by The Maniac (19 posts) - - Show Bio

not counting him out, just saying Cyk has a chance, he's no slouch in the accurracy division it being his only power and all.  Come to think of it if they did just h2h it might be good to.

#25 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
Heat Vision wins
#26 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
The Maniac said:
"the creator said:

"

With his visor, Cyclops can fire compressed beams closer to laser width. 
If there aiming at eachother Cyk can shoot at supes all day and not hurt him where he'll be fried on the spot.  Target practice is a different story, cyk could win that. "
Superman has all the advanatages of enhanced senses - telescopic vision really gives him a boost.
Seeing a target 50 miles away as if he was standing next to him makes targeting a doodle.
#27 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot
#28 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it wouldn't. What makes you think that?

#29 Posted by Erik (29830 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:

"
I stand corrected and humbled. 
#30 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot"

Cyclops optic beam would not even tickle Superman.
Cyclops optic beam is nowhere near as powerful as Black Bolt's scream, which has been equated to a Nuclear Bomb.
Superman (now days) easily withstands Nuclear Bombs.
#31 Edited by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful
If he goes all out and Hits Superman it's gonna hurt maybe not kill him but it's going to hurt a lot"

Cyclops optic beam is nowhere near as powerful as Black Bolt's scream, which has been equated to a Nuclear Bomb.
"
I know but i always thought Cyclops Optic beams where from electromagnetic radiation and it only charges from exposure to the sun so i think Superman would feel due to it being a form of radiation
#32 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
That is damn powerful

"
I know but i always thought Cyclops Optic beams where from electromagnetic radiation and it only charges from exposure to the sun so i think Superman would feel due to it being a form of radiation
"
Except it doesn't produce radiation, it only produces physical force. And even if it was radiation, nothing indicates that it would match red sun radiation. Superman's eyebeams are red as well, it doesn't mean they are red sun radiation.
#33 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that

#34 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that"
What does have to do with anything?
#35 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"But didn't Cyclops focus his powers compact tight and put a pin hole in Time i think i remember that"
"
Just thought maybe if it was channel hard enough Superman would at least feel a sting but i don't see Cyclops winning i'm just trying to say that Superman will feel the blast that's all
#36 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"
Just thought maybe if it was channel hard enough Superman would at least feel a sting but i don't see Cyclops winning i'm just trying to say that Superman will feel the blast that's all
"
Oh, okay, it thought it had something to do with radiation.

I don't know if Superman would feel the blast. He probably would, but I doubt it would do more than just enrage him.
#37 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"AtPhantom said:
"ecsnclr said:
"
"
Oh, okay, it thought it had something to do with radiation.

I don't know if Superman would feel the blast. He probably would, but I doubt it would do more than just enrage him.
"
He would feel it and think "What the hell was that for. that kinda stings now I'm going to rip you in half assh0le." something like that
#38 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Superman wins, having a much higher level of durability.

#39 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can increase his heat vision to temperatures even scientists can't measure and can expand it's range over a planet. I go with Superman.

#40 Posted by Reactor (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.

#41 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
Reactor said:
"During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.
"

I know i posted the scan
#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
Reactor said:
"During the Civil War story arc, Cyclops gets controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When Iron-man measured cyclops's power, he found the energy output was well over 2 giga-watt, larger than a large nuclear reactor. Supes is tough, but his Heat Vision has only a max temp of 262 kelvin. When it come to optic powers, Cyclops at his potential beats Superman.
"
Fail.

Superman's power output cannot be measured. It is potentially hotter than the sun. He once used it to heat the entire Earth.
#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Reactor said:
"
completely wrong...

Superman's power output is immesurable... there have been several instances where scientists have tried to measure the output of his heatvision and failed as it was hotter than anything on earth...

Superman has use his heat vision to melt diamonds or engrave them in the past, most notably however, he uses his heat vision to shave... putting his heat vision at capable of cutting Kryptonian biology while under a yellow sun... not his hair dowsn't burn ior get singed while he flies through a sun, so his heat vision is far hotter than the core of a star...

Cyclops' blast may be strong, but it's nowhere near Superman's level of power

M
#44 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
Reactor said:
"
Now are you really sure about 262 Kelvin being Superman's maximum temperature ???

Let me explain why I think you have made an error.
The Kelvin scale is an absolute temperature scale, able to record temperatures from absolute zero upwards, and therefore all as positive numbers (unlike other temperature scales).
1 deg Kelvin is equal to 1deg Celcius (for the size of the units).
Therefore 0 deg Celcius is 273 deg Kelvin.
So the maximum temperature of Superman's heat vision is the equivalent of -10 deg Celcius.........

As scientists cannot measure the maximum temp of Superman's heat vision, it is therefore considered to be hotter than the core of the Sun (which can be measured). This means that it can become hotter than 15,700,000 deg Kelvin.
He can maintain this output for minutes, even hours if necessary.
This power level far outstrips the figures you mentioned above.

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the science bit Creator... i just couldn't be bothered arguing that point today lol

M

#46 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"thanks for the science bit Creator... i just couldn't be bothered arguing that point today lol

M
"
Happy to help.
#47 Posted by StormAmazonPheonix (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyckes couldn't take down Storm in EITHER one of their battles. Nuff said

#48 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cyclops
I wish they would give him his own series

#49 Posted by StormAmazonPheonix (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't work without his diamond blow up doll.

#50 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio
Kentaxx said:
"I like Cyclops
I wish they would give him his own series "
i like havok better he's not a boy scout.