Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Supreme Marvel
Lunacyde said:
"

I don't know that MM's psychic powers would be effective against Marvel and I do think that Marvel could exploit MM weakness of fire and use his magic to his advantage.

"
I still feel in a fist fight, Captain Marvel will win MM. And if Captain Marvel is the smart of the 4, he could take on Gladiator and leave Superman to go at MM.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kaino12

i think mm wins cus marvel hast to sleep. mm can fly and stay ethreal for as long as he needs. and we dont know how old he gets he could out live marvel.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

When he is in Captain Marvel form he doesnt need to sleep.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Supreme Marvel
kaino12 said:
"i think mm wins cus marvel hast to sleep. mm can fly and stay ethreal for as long as he needs. and we dont know how old he gets he could out live marvel."
Marvel doesn't need to sleep. Eat, drink and can surive unaided in space. He can also talk in space. Marvel doesn't age either.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
How often does Captain Marvel use Fire Based Magic ? Cause I dont recall him using it... I thought it was always Lightning Based Magic...
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hmm...well he knows vast amounts of magic and spells so I just figured he would....I could be wrong

Anyways MM could not remain intangible the whole time...he would have to become tangible again to attack so Cap Marvel could take advantageof that.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Lunacyde said:
"Hmm...well he knows vast amounts of magic and spells so I just figured he would....I could be wrong

Anyways MM could not remain intangible the whole time...he would have to become tangible again to attack so Cap Marvel could take advantageof that."
Captain Marvel knows spells... but I have never seen him use Fire Magic before... now I figure Shazam the Wizard himself would know how to use Fire Magic simply because he is the master and keeper of all magic... but I dont know about Billy
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Well the Wisdom of Soloman grants him knowledge of most languages, sciences, and magic.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Supreme Marvel

he knows spells now, but it vague for how many spells he does now. I guess he knows the elmental spells, where he can use things like Fire, water, Earth and Air.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kaino12
Supreme Marvel said:
"kaino12 said:
"i think mm wins cus marvel hast to sleep. mm can fly and stay ethreal for as long as he needs. and we dont know how old he gets he could out live marvel."
Marvel doesn't need to sleep. Eat, drink and can surive unaided in space. He can also talk in space. Marvel doesn't age either."

stalemate then
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Lunacyde said:
"Well the Wisdom of Soloman grants him knowledge of most languages, sciences, and magic."
Actually the Wisdom of Soloman grants him vast amounts of scholarly knowledge it really doesnt say that Captain Marvel has mastery of all magics...but Marvel can use some level of spells but it isnt specific as to what... the most magic I have ever seen Captain Marvel use was through Lightning Based Magic...
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Supreme Marvel said:
"he knows spells now, but it vague for how many spells he does now. I guess he knows the elmental spells, where he can use things like Fire, water, Earth and Air."

It is very vague in the comics
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Supreme Marvel
Lunacyde said:
"Well the Wisdom of Soloman grants him knowledge of most languages, sciences, and magic."
All languages.
It doesn't count for magic. Because that's not reality. It's hard to explain. But he has learned a few magical tricks though
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hmm...well he doesnt need magical fire anyways..there is fire all around, all he has to do is find it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
I aint saying Captain Marvel doesnt know magic...its obvious he does... I just havent seen him ever use Fire Magic...he may have it... but he hasnt shown us he does have it... so its hard to say
Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Archetype

Like I said I am not convinced Captain Marvel wouldn't be affected by Martian Manhunters telepathy ( even if Manhunter can only read his mind he has an advantage) but I do believe this would boil down to a physical fight a brawl if you will...now based on their fighting styles from what I have seen I would give this to Captain Marvel because MM can't win a fight going toe to toe with him.However were Martian Manhunter to employ a hit-then-go-intangible strategy he might have a chance.Furthermore I do not believe that Captain Marvel is very skillfed/versed in the use of his magic (only to transform) so I doubt that would be a problem.So unless they throw down with some classic fisticuffs I don't know who wins but if they do go blow for blow then Captain Marvel will most likely win; if Martian Manhunter has any ability to affect Captain Marvels mind,reading to anticipate his moves or directly altering his thoughts, then I say he wins.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Archetype said:
"Like I said I am not convinced Captain Marvel wouldn't be affected by Martian Manhunters telepathy ( even if Manhunter can only read his mind he has an advantage) but I do believe this would boil down to a physical fight a brawl if you will...now based on their fighting styles from what I have seen I would give this to Captain Marvel because MM can't win a fight going toe to toe with him.However were Martian Manhunter to employ a hit-then-go-intangible strategy he might have a chance.Furthermore I do not believe that Captain Marvel is very skillfed/versed in the use of his magic (only to transform) so I doubt that would be a problem.So unless they throw down with some classic fisticuffs I don't know who wins but if they do go blow for blow then Captain Marvel will most likely win; if Martian Manhunter has any ability to affect Captain Marvels mind,reading to anticipate his moves or directly altering his thoughts, then I say he wins."
Okay...I can dig that
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Personally, I would love to write a continuity Shazam story. Shazam, obviously, because Marvel have the copyrights for the publication of Captain Marvel. I would be more in depth with him.

I can't believe I didn't think of this. I can't see MM, if he can use telepathy on Captain Marvel, Superman has shrugged off some telepathy powers before, and with the Wisdom of Solomon to help heed off telepathic powers, I don't see MM being able to hold on to Captain Marvel without Marvel bunching him. I can't see MM holding onto Marvel while getting his but handed to him.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kaino12

heres athought we all asumed that everybody would instantly go for gardian then superman the marvel. but sups and mm not knowing gardian but knowing that marvels powers they would go after him first.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme Marvel said:
"Personally, I would love to write a continuity Shazam story. Shazam, obviously, because Marvel have the copyrights for the publication of Captain Marvel. I would be more in depth with him.

I can't believe I didn't think of this. I can't see MM, if he can use telepathy on Captain Marvel, Superman has shrugged off some telepathy powers before, and with the Wisdom of Solomon to help heed off telepathic powers, I don't see MM being able to hold on to Captain Marvel without Marvel bunching him. I can't see MM holding onto Marvel while getting his but handed to him."
...its not the wisdom of solomon.  The courage of achilles protects him from mental attacks.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#71  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the human Juggernaut said:
Courage of Achilles protects him from mental attacks."
Proof? And even if it did protect him from attacks, MM could still read all his moves (and plans he comes up with thanks to the Wisdom of Solomon) giving him the advantage. Even if he didn't use his TP on CM, he could use it to direct Supes and Glad's attacks, taking them off him and each other and focusing them on CM so he's weaker when MM needs to fight him.

Lunacyde said:
"

MM cannot remain intangible for the whole fight....

Besides who is to say that magical fire behaves by the same principles as normal fire....just asking

"
Why can't he stay intangible? And what fire magic?
Supreme Marvel said:
I still feel in a fist fight, Captain Marvel will win MM. 
Why? MM is pretty much as strong as Superman and with shape shifting and mass manipulation he can make himself even stronger. He can also ignore most or all of CM's attacks with intangibility and shape shifting. He can be intangible when he doesn't want to get hit and when he decides to strike a blow his shape shifting can minimize any damage he might take from a return attack. He can also sustain a lot more damage than CM. In the past he's been functional despite being taken apart. Could CM stay in the fight if his head were removed? MM can. If CM is reduced to a foot, could he regenerate and finish the fight? MM can.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72  Edited By Zoom

Can't decide if Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel would win. 

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Buckshot....about the intangability....if he stays intangible the whole fight, then how does he inflict any damage on Cap Marvel?

I am just curious I dont follow MM much....how did he die?

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckshot said:
"
the human Juggernaut said:
Courage of Achilles protects him from mental attacks."
Proof? And even if it did protect him from attacks, MM could still read all his moves (and plans he comes up with thanks to the Wisdom of Solomon) giving him the advantage. Even if he didn't use his TP on CM, he could use it to direct Supes and Glad's attacks, taking them off him and each other and focusing them on CM so he's weaker when MM needs to fight him.

Lunacyde said:
"

MM cannot remain intangible for the whole fight....

Besides who is to say that magical fire behaves by the same principles as normal fire....just asking

"
Why can't he stay intangible? And what fire magic?
Supreme Marvel said:
I still feel in a fist fight, Captain Marvel will win MM. 
Why? MM is pretty much as strong as Superman and with shape shifting and mass manipulation he can make himself even stronger. He can also ignore most or all of CM's attacks with intangibility and shape shifting. He can be intangible when he doesn't want to get hit and when he decides to strike a blow his shape shifting can minimize any damage he might take from a return attack. He can also sustain a lot more damage than CM. In the past he's been functional despite being taken apart. Could CM stay in the fight if his head were removed? MM can. If CM is reduced to a foot, could he regenerate and finish the fight? MM can.
"
check out his many battles with mister mind.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde said:
"Buckshot....about the intangability....if he stays intangible the whole fight, then how does he inflict any damage on Cap Marvel?

I am just curious I dont follow MM much....how did he die?"
he was stabbed by a flaming spear.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By The_Scourge

mm would win this

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Scarlet Thor
King Saturn said:
"
The Winner - Martian Manhunter

Runner Up - Captain Marvel aka Billy Baston

The Big Loser - Superman

The Greatest Loser - Gladiator
"
totally agree
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Forever

I have to lean towards Martian Manhunter but I would like to see more examples of all of their less used powers.  I dont see enough of them using their super speed for one.  Superman holds back so often that people without super speed get to him repeatedly so I dont know if his top speed is any better then Manhunter's or not.  Simply going off of what DC claims about their powers and what has been shown of them, you would have to lean towards Manhunter.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Anyone else think Captain marvel looks like a dweeb lol

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Forever

He's seen better days.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SeSAW

Not really IMO Gladiator and Billy fight for 3rd and it could go either way. MM wins Supes is weak to TP along with bill, Gladiator is not that weak to TP so actually he and MM fight it out for 1st place.

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rei-Kai

Uh, which Cap Marvel is this? DC Cap (Billy), or Marvel Cap (Mar-Vell, Genis-Vell)? Cause that does make a difference. Superman is the odd one out here. Gladiator mops the floor with him any day of the week. It's J'onn ya gotta worry about. And if this is Genis-Vell, then J'onn is in for a world of hurt.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Supreme Marvel
Rei-Kai said:
"Uh, which Cap Marvel is this? DC Cap (Billy), or Marvel Cap (Mar-Vell, Genis-Vell)? Cause that does make a difference. Superman is the odd one out here. Gladiator mops the floor with him any day of the week. It's J'onn ya gotta worry about. And if this is Genis-Vell, then J'onn is in for a world of hurt."
People are entitled to their opinion.

Anyway...Captain Marvel has one thing that stands out for him that just keeps hovering over my mind, or six things.
Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

to me, being powered by them gods makes him the winner in my eyes.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supreme Marvel said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Uh, which Cap Marvel is this? DC Cap (Billy), or Marvel Cap (Mar-Vell, Genis-Vell)? Cause that does make a difference. Superman is the odd one out here. Gladiator mops the floor with him any day of the week. It's J'onn ya gotta worry about. And if this is Genis-Vell, then J'onn is in for a world of hurt."
People are entitled to their opinion.

Anyway...Captain Marvel has one thing that stands out for him that just keeps hovering over my mind, or six things.
Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

to me, being powered by them gods makes him the winner in my eyes."
i always wondered why the writers thought solomon was a god.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Or Achilles

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Rei-Kai

Well, Mar-Vell fights against Thanos, and Genis-Vell when he was goin crazy became so powerful he was affecting the universe. He couldn't handle Cosmic Awareness on a universal scale. And I don't put too much credit into DC gods. Many of them are fairly below Marvel Gods in terms of powers and strength. As for Solomon, does that mean Grundy? Well, Grundy's powers are kinda iffy. His levels change depending on his revival. He's gone from being one-shotted by Supergirl to taking down the entire JLA roster.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Supreme Marvel

ah...Solomon as in the god of wisdom.

You new on this site by any chance?

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rei-Kai said:
"Well, Mar-Vell fights against Thanos, and Genis-Vell when he was goin crazy became so powerful he was affecting the universe. He couldn't handle Cosmic Awareness on a universal scale. And I don't put too much credit into DC gods. Many of them are fairly below Marvel Gods in terms of powers and strength. As for Solomon, does that mean Grundy? Well, Grundy's powers are kinda iffy. His levels change depending on his revival. He's gone from being one-shotted by Supergirl to taking down the entire JLA roster."
no.  Solomon the biblical king of israel, the wisest man in the world.
Avatar image for clarkjosephkent1938dc
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
"ClarkJosephKent1938 said:
"Superman Wins."
No Sir. Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter would pancake him in a fight"

Fraid not!!!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
ClarkJosephKent1938 said:
"King Saturn said:
"Superman Wins."

Fraid not!!!"
Really ? So what would The Man Of Steel be able to do to Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel then ?
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
"King Saturn said:
"Superman Wins."

Fraid not!!!"
Really ? So what would The Man Of Steel be able to do to Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel then ?"
he would get beaten.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
the human Juggernaut said:
"King Saturn said:
"King Saturn said:
"Superman Wins."

Fraid not!!!"
Really ? So what would The Man Of Steel be able to do to Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel then ?"
he would get beaten."
LOL
ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

caption
caption
Superman is able to withstand Mind attacks.
 Apokoliptan mind control was said to be not enough against a “conscious” Superman.
caption
caption
Superman has taken on Maxima’s psi-bolts. This was during his ascension to Eradicator.

So Martian Manhunter doesn't have that much of an advantsge.

Psionics could also have an effect on him but unless done quickly Superman's superconcentration would overcome most enemies who used mind control techniques on him, same as did magic forms that did not immediately immobolize him whereby he would move out of their range of effectiveness.

Superman has shrugged off a blow from the magical demon Etrigan. The blow actually knocked Superman from Earth’s surface, all the way to the moon (239,000 miles). Superman was virtually unfazed. He also shrugged off magical demon-fire and his super-lungs harmlessly inhaled the demon’s magical gases.

caption
caption

So just because Captain Marvel is magical doesn't mean he'll beat Superman. Plus if you've seen Justice League Unlimmited episode "Clash" you would see that Superman has beaten Captain Marvel.

caption
caption
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94  Edited By Nighthunter

Martian Manhunter

Superman

Marvel

Gladiator

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also, if marvel is somehow hurt, he can call down the lighting to heal himself instantly

ClarkJosephKent1938DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"also, if marvel is somehow hurt, he can call down the lighting to heal himself instantly"

Superman can move faster than light to accomplish time travel. Thus being able to hit Marvel before he can be healed.

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"

"also, if marvel is somehow hurt, he can call down the lighting to heal himself instantly"

Superman can move faster than light to accomplish time travel. Thus being able to hit Marvel before he can be healed.

"
uh..no, he can't.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#98  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Superman.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99  Edited By Zoom
"

"
Don't be stupid.  Just because you read it in some random story that was published 30 years ago doesn't mean he can really do that.

Hell, if you believe every way old Superman story, he's killed Lois Lane about 36 times and yet in continuity, that's never happened once.

EDIT: And don't freaking cite cartoons as evidence.  They aren't cannon either.
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom said:
"

"
Don't be stupid.  Just because you read it in some random story that was published 30 years ago doesn't mean he can really do that.

Hell, if you believe every way old Superman story, he's killed Lois Lane about 36 times and yet in continuity, that's never happened once.

EDIT: And don't freaking cite cartoons as evidence.  They aren't cannon either."
I think he's citing the movie.