• 67 results
#1 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

they both fight for Truth, Justice, and the American Way but who is the bigger American Symbol?

#2 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from the fact that Captain America wears the American Flag that is.

#3 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, they no who he is all over Europe, Captain America... not so much

#4 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America lol

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd put money on that more people in the world recognize Superman than Captain America...

dunno who's the bigger symbol for America though

M

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"well captain america is supposed to represent the american way so he winssuperman is supposed to represent the best the humanity can be "

even though he isn't human...

M

#7 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on man...With Caps battle tested history, and his keen sense of combat necessity, he would no question find a way to beat down Superdork....

Cap, in a walk

:)

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

well captain america is supposed to represent the american way so he wins

superman is supposed to represent the best the humanity can be

#9 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats easy. Captain America, born and raised. Superman is an illegal alien. Technically he could never be President. You cant be the American symbol if you cant even be the leader of America.

#10 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

In all seriousness, Superman is the bigger character overall, but I GUARANTEE...Captain America is known all over the globe, I mean, sheeet, 'Al Queda' mentioned Captain America onc, in their propaganda tapes...hilarious, but true

#11 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

well all we have to do is see who stood the test of time... do I even need to say it?

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Thats easy. Captain America, born and raised. Superman is an illegal alien. Technically he could never be President. You cant be the American symbol if you cant even be the leader of America."

hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

#13 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

"well captain america is supposed to represent the american way so he wins superman is supposed to represent the best the humanity can be "

they both represent the American way, look how and were superman was raised.

i think superman is the bigger Symbol for America he was even in one of Hitlers speeches about pushing the americans back. least that's what it says in the history of superman movie. lol

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Thats easy. Captain America, born and raised. Superman is an illegal alien. Technically he could never be President. You cant be the American symbol if you cant even be the leader of America."

lmao

#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
"well captain america is supposed to represent the american way so he wins superman is supposed to represent the best the humanity can be "

they both represent the American way, look how and were superman was raised.

i think superman is the bigger Symbol for America he was even in one of Hitlers speeches about pushing the americans back. least that's what it says in the history of superman movie. lol"

superman is a nazi

#17 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

"acewasp23 says:
they both represent the American way, look how and were superman was raised. i think superman is the bigger Symbol for America he was even in one of Hitlers speeches about pushing the americans back. least that's what it says in the history of superman movie. lol"
superman is a nazi"

respects superman alot more..... jks

#18 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

"acewasp23 says:
they both represent the American way, look how and were superman was raised. i think superman is the bigger Symbol for America he was even in one of Hitlers speeches about pushing the americans back. least that's what it says in the history of superman movie. lol"
superman is a nazi"

na man thats crazy spidey. lol

#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spierman Red Son... if elseworlds count i've got one of him as a Brit

M

#22 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

"http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/features/superman_redson/images/superman_redson_2.jpg"

wtf hes... facist and communist, i dont think thats even possible

#23 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

"http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/features/superman_redson/images/superman_redson_2.jpg"

lol that's not a Nazi, he's in the Soviet Union.

#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spierman Red Son... if elseworlds count i've got one of him as a BritM"

yeah I know it's from elseworlds just wanted to mess with superman

#25 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

lol that's not a Nazi, he's in the Soviet Union."

the soviet union was a nazi allie

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

M

#27 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

"acewasp23 says:
the soviet union was a nazi allie"

lol no they weren't, the Nazis hated the soviets thats why they were in some of the death camps. after Stalin was upset when the Nazis invaded the Soviet Union after signing the treaty with Hitler.

#28 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

"acewasp23 says:
the soviet union was a nazi allie"

they had a non- agression pact, the soviets wouldnt interfere. Nazisme is far left, and communism is far right

#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Methos says:
"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/superpoof.jpg M"

lmao "

Pink Kryptonite isn't just a myth lol

M"

like if he needed it to look gay

#30 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

lmao

#31 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Methos says:

lmao "

Pink Kryptonite isn't just a myth lol

M

#32 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Methos says:
lmao "
Pink Kryptonite isn't just a myth lol M"

LoL I've never heard of Pink Kryptonite. poor poor Jimmy where do you think he is looking with that X-Ray vision? lol

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"LoL I've never heard of Pink Kryptonite. *poor poor Jimmy* where do you think he is looking with that X-Ray vision? lol"

no... no innuendo... bad innuendo lol

M

#34 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Methos says:
"acewasp23 says:
"Methos says:
lmao "
Pink Kryptonite isn't just a myth lol M"
LoL I've never heard of Pink Kryptonite. *poor poor Jimmy* where do you think he is looking with that X-Ray vision? lol"

funny, bad a really, really bad image lol

#35 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap was voted for president, Supes wasn't. 'Nuff said.

#36 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"This is silly.CAPTAIN AMERICA'S name is CAPTAIN AMERICA! his first shield is part of american coat of arms.Cap fought in WWII.Captain America's costume is basically the American flag.He is America."

soo... America's dead...? if u say so.

#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america, obviously

#38 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

The first Americans weren't American technically. Jerry and Joe, were illegal immigrants, that was the point of Superman, that he came to America, and was accepted by the people. That's why I think he was such an inspiration then.

I see him as American, and more known for it. So my vote is for Superman.

#39 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#40 Posted by Infernopool (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Superman is internationally known and fights in outer space as well for earth. Captain America fights for America anywhere.

#41 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"King of Kings says:
The first Americans weren't American technically. Jerry and Joe, were illegal immigrants, that was the point of Superman, that he came to America, and was accepted by the people. That's why I think he was such an inspiration then. I see him as American, and more known for it. So my vote is for Superman."

are you an american? no? well then i think we just wont count your vote!

;)

#42 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Lord Shazam says:
"King of Kings says:
The first Americans weren't American technically. Jerry and Joe, were illegal immigrants, that was the point of Superman, that he came to America, and was accepted by the people. That's why I think he was such an inspiration then. I see him as American, and more known for it. So my vote is for Superman."

are you an american? no? well then i think we just wont count your vote!

;)"

It was never said that only American can vote. And i think non-Americans vote would be better, because hes asking who is the bigger American icon. overseas, Superman is more known for Truth and justice crap more than cap. So am just saying that. ;D

#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

True Brit was hilarious :D

M

#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spierman Red Son... if elseworlds count i've got one of him as a BritM"

Don't remind me, I have that and i was so disappointed by it, I could tell Americans had the final say.

I didn't wont it to be mainly funny, i wanted it to be like Red Son, by the British way.

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, keep it...

it's a perfect example of how *not to write superman

M

#46 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"True Brit was hilarious :DM"

i thought the whole book was a joke, for bommy night tomorrow am temped to throw it in the fire

#47 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"nah, keep it...it's a perfect example of how ***not** to write supermanM"

I'll show it to people and say this is crap Superman.

Then I'll pull out Red Son and say this is a good Superman book.

#48 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"Apparition says:
"Lord Shazam says:
"King of Kings says:
are you an american? no? well then i think we just wont count your vote! ;)"
It was never said that only American can vote. And i think non-Americans vote would be better, because hes asking who is the bigger American icon. overseas, Superman is more known for Truth and justice crap more than cap. So am just saying that. ;D"

lol i didnt think he was asking who the more well known is, that's not worth asking. i thought he was asking who better embodies the ideals of the united states of america.

#49 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

all votes are important. lol

i still think Superman is the bigger symbol, not only was he raised by the all American family (of that time period) but he also represents the American dream as being some one that comes from outside the country/earth and can make a positive difference not only for him self but for the people around him.

Colt Python says:

"This is silly.CAPTAIN AMERICA'S name is CAPTAIN AMERICA! his first shield is part of american coat of arms.Cap fought in WWII.Captain America's costume is basically the American flag.He is America."

i said in the beginning of the thread Not counting the fact that Captain America wears the American flag or uses the American shield. lol

#50 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why a thread that is specifically stated to NOT be a battle is in the battle forum, but whatever. Some people said that Superman couldn't be it because he's an alien, but few "Americans" are native to America. Most of us or our ancestors are from elsewhere. The stuff acewasp said above also comes into it. Despite that though, and the fact that I think he's probably a bigger symbol, I'm going with Cap for some reasons that include him actually going to war for his country, fighting for what he believes in even when that disagrees with his government, him starting out as a normal guy, and some other stuff.