Superman VS Captain America

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

One is a stranger to this planet, not native to this land. Yet has still managed to time and time again, prove to us all just how human he really is.

The last son of Krypton, Earth's protector and shining star, an inspiration to all,

SUPERMAN

His opponent, a man equally as morally adamant, and who is forever loyal to the people above all else. Though only a man, he has shown us all that inner strength is far more valuable then any other kind.

He's earned the respect of aliens, superhumans, and even gods, this is,

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Both of these beloved characters have motivated and inspired us all at one point or another, but the question is, who's done it better?

Steve and Clark are thrown onto an alternate Earth, one which has never even heard the names Captain America or Superman. They are both provided 5 million dollars as start up, and nominations are secured. Their goal: Become president of the United States.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Equonox

Well, it's a requirement for the President to be born in the US, so cap wins by default.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By FourthDeity

@Equonox said:

Well, it's a requirement for the President to be born in the US, so cap wins by default.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By The Average Bear

@Equonox said:

/thread

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

@Equonox said:

As I said, this world has never even heard Superman's name before. They are unaware he is an alien.

We'll just assume he's ok.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

@Equonox said:

Never stopped Obama.

Now that the matches have been struck, I am out.

<---Runs away giggling.

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By capfan80

Superman gets there first. I think he would compromise his values before Cap would.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Enemybird

Who wouldn't vote for superman lol

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By SavageDragon

The country of the United States of America has done terrible stuff around the world, sorry but I think a guy called Captain America would instill fear and hate in many people across the globe, even though Rogers isnt a direct arm of the US. Superman wins because his name is more appealing.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

Superman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By renamed040924

@Enemybird said:

As I've said twice, this world has never heard of Superman.

@SavageDragon said:

The country of the United States of America has done terrible stuff around the world, sorry but I think a guy called Captain America would instill fear and hate in many people across the globe, even though Rogers isnt a direct arm of the US. Superman wins because his name is more appealing.

They are running for presidency of America, not the world.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SavageDragon

It still doesnt matter there are millions of Americans who dont like what America stands for. You have not specified what the US is like in this alternate world so Im assuming its similar to this one with the exception of Superman and Cap. Captain still has America in his name and that connotation turns anyone who has studied Imperialism and Manifest Destiny off of his patriotic shtick. (sorry for sending it twice).

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renamed040924

@SavageDragon said:

It still doesnt matter there are millions of Americans who dont like what America stands for. You have not specified what the US is like in this alternate world so Im assuming its similar to this one with the exception of Superman and Cap. Captain still has America in his name and that connotation turns anyone who has studied Imperialism and Manifest Destiny off of his patriotic shtick. (sorry for sending it twice).

I don't know. I just can't picture many Americans being like "Okeydokey going to place my vote for president OMFG THIS GUY HAS AMERICA IN HIS NAME? OH F*CK THAT HE CAN'T RUN THIS COUNTRY WITH A NAME LIKE THAT."

Not to mention, they'll most likely go by Steve Rogers and Clark Kent in this, as those are there REAL names.

UNIQUE69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UNIQUE69

without kryptonite captain america is handicapped to superman. plus they're both superheros so realluy they wouldnt fight each other.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By blackadamFTW

@nickzambuto said:

@SavageDragon said:

I don't know. I just can't picture many Americans being like "Okeydokey going to place my vote for president OMFG THIS GUY HAS AMERICA IN HIS NAME? OH F*CK THAT HE CAN'T RUN THIS COUNTRY WITH A NAME LIKE THAT."

Not to mention, they'll most likely go by Steve Rogers and Clark Kent in this, as those are there REAL names.

Haha, that made my day.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Jorgevy

based on what I saw on Red Son, if I was a US citizen Id vote Cap America

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Equonox

@nickzambuto said:

@SavageDragon said:

Now you have the following pickle - Superman knows the rule so either a) he compromises his value system in which he'd obviously win, because that could also mean he can just rip cap in two should cap win, at which point no one would argue w/ dictator Superman or b) he maintains his values (as the OP would seem to indicate...) and he doesn't run knowing he wasn't born in the US.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TifaLockhart

Post-Crisis, Pre-Flashpoint, Superman was put in a birthing matrix (whatever that is) so technically he was born on US soil.

Also, IIRC during the Reign of the Supermen, President Clinton said Superman was a US citizen. But I'd have to doublecheck.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

None would win.

Appalled by the moral bankruptcy winning and maintaining such a title holds in a world run by the almighty dollar, neither would compromise their values enough to win.

Though truth be told, Steve would come closest as he's used to high ranking, government run positions, political compromise and red tape more than Clark.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

Appalled by the moral bankruptcy winning and maintaining such a title holds in a world run by the almighty dollar, neither would compromise their values enough to win.

Though truth be told, Steve would come closest as he's used to high ranking, government run positions, political compromise and red tape more than Clark.

And you think that the latter means he's got more of a chance than Clark?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@Enemybird said:

Dick Cheney.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

I think Steve is more used to dealing with, and moving around, government organizations. He's not SHIELD's top gun because he doesn't know how to play the game. I think Steve is more politically minded yes. More of an icon? No.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

I think Steve is more used to dealing with, and moving around, government organizations. He's not SHIELD's top gun because he doesn't know how to play the game. I think Steve is more politically minded yes. More of an icon? No.

I get that and I definitely agree, but I'm not sure that it would mean that he would win at all.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

I get that and I definitely agree, but I'm not sure that it would mean that he would win at all.

Well, like I said, they both have moral fiber that runs contrary to the upper echelon of the political grain. So I doubt either would get far. They'd be too busy breaking down a progressively more corrupt corporate America as it unveils itself to them while in the runnings to get too far in the polls.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@UNIQUE69 said:

without kryptonite captain america is handicapped to superman. plus they're both superheros so realluy they wouldnt fight each other.

Please read more than the title.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReVamp

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

Well, like I said, they both have moral fiber that runs contrary to the upper echelon of the political grain. So I doubt either would get far. They'd be too busy breaking down a progressively more corrupt corporate America as it unveils itself to them while in the runnings to get too far in the polls.

Not to be an asshole (even though self admittedly, that's what I am) but they're supposedly the only two candidates, or at least that's what the thread assumes. What I was cntesting is whether the fact that Steve is arguably smarter in terms of politics actually plays that big a factor in him getting elected, as I think Superman is easily more charismatic and has better qualities as a candidate.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@ReVamp said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

None would win.

Not to be an asshole (even though self admittedly, that's what I am) but they're supposedly the only two candidates, or at least that's what the thread assumes. What I was cntesting is whether the fact that Steve is arguably smarter in terms of politics actually plays that big a factor in him getting elected, as I think Superman is easily more charismatic and has better qualities as a candidate.

Lol. You're not an a-hole. My hypocrisy runs only so far.

I have already agreed that Supes is the bigger Icon. But Steve has 'that' special effect on folks as well. Heck, even Wolverine respects him and that is no mean feat. I feel Steve might be slightly less impressive than a man (Kryptonian) who moves planets, more so than less charismatic. I feel his heroism hits closer home due to him having faced same to similar adversity, harboring the same vulnerabilities, as your average J.I Joe. Bullets don't just bounce off him.

His humanity would hit closer home and folks would better empathize as a result. The dangers Steve faces are more real.

I'd be curious to know what qualities you feel Superman has though that place him as a better candidate?

In all, my main point is politics is a body corrupted by a very imperfect system of governance and I cannot see either of the two condoning it. For them to lead as president would require sever spring cleaning and I pity the opposition.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReVamp

@Super_SoldierXII: He's charismatic, I'd get the feeling that he can rally the common folk behind better than Steve would be able to. I'd agree that Steve can get more people to respect him, but I'm not sure that's what a leader needs. (Not respect, of course a leader would need that, but I'm just not sure that's the most prominent characteristic). I feel that Steve's respect and charisma comes from rallying people in a "battle cry" sort of manner, and while that works for some people, it wouldn't work for most of the masses, whilst Superman on the otherhand would have that natural ability to get people to emphasize with him.

I'm also not sure whether their powers are going to be that improtant. I'm sure many of them can empathize with the "skinny white kid from Kansas" shtick he's got going on.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Strider1992

@Erik said:

@Equonox said:

Never stopped Obama.

Now that the matches have been struck, I am out.

<---Runs away giggling.

Was thinking the same thing lol

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeanroygrant

@ReVamp said:

Superman.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SavageDragon

@nickzambuto: All i gotta say is the American Public votes on petty, selfish, and base things. Not on facts or substance but rather on one liners and soundbites. That is very evident.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TifaLockhart

Voters chose Jessie Camp as one of MTV's VJ's, and they also chose bone claw Wolverine over Lobo.

Democracy is tyranny of the minority, as Anarky would say.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough choice. If they are going by their civilian personas I think the majority would vote cap. The American people generally want more of a strong man to act as a leader. That's why FDR tried so hard to conceal his polio. The American people would realize he isn't this string leader like his father was and lose respect for him. Clark however, keeps a wimpy demeanor and people would see him as a person that would just get walked all over or a person that just gives orders and acts like more of a boss than a leader. Also given cap was a military man, he would get even more votes from his fellow militants. And the American people love a military man behind the desk. Teddy Roosevelt proves that. My vote is for Steve. If this is supes campaigning against cap then it's definitely going to be cap because if this is an alternate earth that doesn't know either of them then let's be honest. Would you put this unstoppable man in the white house? For all we know he could become a power hungry dictator and all the world's armies couldn't even stop him. No one would take such a big risk with that. While if cap was elected he would be the man that wouldn't just start wars because he knows what kind of hell it is. But if he had no choice he would be the man leading the charge. Not just sitting on his a** on top of capital hill

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America wins, no one gives awesome heroic speaks like he does.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Obama was born in the 50th state. Cap wins for being more American.

nedawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cap has support from Obama, government, and SHIELD. Superman is new and can't adjust to the world easily. With prep, it's Cap. Without it Cap has ZERO chance. Cap has enough time to prepare before superman comes.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cap, sorry I wouldn't a trust an overpowered alien. Maybe it's the Lex Luthor in me.