• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

vs

Rulk

Abomination

Absorbing man (He has just absorbed the material of Captain America's shield)

Superman has been stripped of his ability to fly, he retains all of his other abilities

No BFR, Morals on

EDIT: Some people are having a hard time deciding without a version of Superman, so here it is

Round 1: New 52 Superman

Round 2: Most current Pre-52 superman.

#2 Posted by ChaoticSuperman (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on? It would pretty much be a grounded slug fest, put Superman would win.

Probably Freeze Absorbing man, then put him in jail then

#3 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes should still had too much to lose this one imo.

#4 Posted by fatalfury77 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Great! No specifications so i assume current Superman!

The Bricks win...

*dons flame-retardant suit*

#6 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalfury77 said:

?

#7 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@fatalfury77 said:

?

It means they think the thread really fail.. basically...

#8 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: And why is that.

#9 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles: How on earth am I supposed to know??

#10 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: Lol no idea.

#11 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles:

I like that you used Superman against original opponents.

But you have released the Kraken...or what we like to call "The Superman fanboys"

They are feared creatures which demolish all logic and reasoning in their path.

#12 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

...Brace yourself my friend...

#13 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Bricks

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles: state which superman version. If it's the current, well, it's harder to do battle because it has very few feats

#15 Posted by nickthedevil (13262 posts) - - Show Bio

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

#16 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: Haha i figured I would probably incur their wrath.

#17 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Reboot Superman would probably win, but New 52 Superman loses quickly.

#18 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles:

Well, maybe you aren't aware of the heat they bring. But it is fearful.

Only the Batman fanboys are scarier.

@nickthedevil said:

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

This.

#19 Posted by Lvenger (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

This.

#20 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: What have a i gotten myself into lol

#21 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@nickthedevil said:

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

This.

Agreed

#22 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. 
 
Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. 
 
Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

#23 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

Wait, Absorbing man drains powers?

Thought it was just materials.

#24 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?

Moderator
#25 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?

Maybe because he'd be busy with Rulk and Abomination, it'd be enough of a distraction.

ALSO....this is 52-Superman.

#26 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Sufferthorn: What have a i gotten myself into lol

you made a thread without giving any hint to what version you were using, at least post a picture or something ....

Fail

#27 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days:

I see what you did there...

#28 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?

Maybe because he'd be busy with Rulk and Abomination, it'd be enough of a distraction.

ALSO....this is 52-Superman.

I'm talking strictly about a Superman-Absorbing Man fight. Creel isn't winning any majority against Kal unless we forget that there are rocks that are smarter than him.

Moderator
#29 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:

Of course not. But with the distraction as hefty as Rulk and Abomination he may do some real damage.

#30 Posted by ChaoticSuperman (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Sufferthorn: What have a i gotten myself into lol

you made a thread without giving any hint to what version you were using, at least post a picture or something ....

Fail

You guys can't get enough of each other

#31 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lvenger said:

@nickthedevil said:

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

This.

#32 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Wait, Absorbing man drains powers?

Yes.
 
@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?


And I can response with similar post:
Why would it look different than Creel's first battle with Quasar?
 
Most heroes wins with Creel, because he is stupid and they are able to not let him take some really good power source, but he is troublesome. 
Superman don't know him, so he will punch him. And then Creel will drain him. How Superman can avoid that without knowledge about his enemy?  When Creel will start drainning him, Superman won't be able to do anything, because he will instatnly powerless. 
 
@Sufferthorn said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?

Maybe because he'd be busy with Rulk and Abomination, it'd be enough of a distraction.

ALSO....this is 52-Superman.


No, Creel solos Pre-NDCU Supe.
#33 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaoticSuperman:

ROFL, is that a 60 show magneto?

#34 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

Whooooaaaaah there cowboy, Creel does not solo anything Pre-52.

#35 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

#36 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@Lvenger said:

@nickthedevil said:

Current superman? Loses. Pre-52, ROFL stomps.

This.

#37 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Wait, Absorbing man drains powers?

Yes.

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?


And I can response with similar post:
Why would it look different than Creel's first battle with Quasar?

Most heroes wins with Creel, because he is stupid and they are able to not let him take some really good power source, but he is troublesome.
Superman don't know him, so he will punch him. And then Creel will drain him. How Superman can avoid that without knowledge about his enemy? When Creel will start drainning him, Superman won't be able to do anything, because he will instatnly powerless.

Because Creel's showings are not limited to that fight with Quasar? He has other, far inferior showings? And he has so many of them that claiming his fight with Quasar sets the norm for him is just silly? Creel has not started fights by draining his opponents for ages now. He mostly starts off by absorbing a material around him to increase his stats. He's been doing exactly that for at least 8 or 9 of his most current fights that I can recall, including his most recent one in Captain Marvel #1. That much should serve as sufficient indication to Supes as to what the nature of Creel's power is.

Moderator
#38 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

#39 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Whooooaaaaah there cowboy, Creel does not solo anything Pre-52.

Yes, he is. 
 
@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Wait, Absorbing man drains powers?

Yes.

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?


And I can response with similar post:
Why would it look different than Creel's first battle with Quasar?

Most heroes wins with Creel, because he is stupid and they are able to not let him take some really good power source, but he is troublesome.
Superman don't know him, so he will punch him. And then Creel will drain him. How Superman can avoid that without knowledge about his enemy? When Creel will start drainning him, Superman won't be able to do anything, because he will instatnly powerless.

Because Creel's showings are not limited to that fight with Quasar? He has other, far inferior showings? And he has so many of them that claiming his fight with Quasar sets the norm for him is just silly? Creel has not started fights by draining his opponents for ages now. He mostly starts off by absorbing a material around him to increase his stats. He's been doing exactly that for at least 8 or 9 of his most current fights that I can recall, including his most recent one in Captain Marvel #1. That much should serve as sufficient indication to Supes as to what the nature of Creel's power is.


How many other fights with Creel do You know, in which his enemy didn't know him? Avengers stomps him,because of CIS and their knowledge about AM. I can't recall any similar one, seriously. 
He did in fight with Sentry and Mighty Avengers (when he had fraction of Cosmic Cube). Besides this against MA (since he was boosted), it would be in his nature, a specially that he starts made of vibranium.
#40 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman loses unfortunitly.

#41 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

.....He actually specified just about everything...you're trolling him out of spite man.

#42 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Whooooaaaaah there cowboy, Creel does not solo anything Pre-52.

Yes, he is.

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@czarny_samael666:

Wait, Absorbing man drains powers?

Yes.

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Both versions get stomped by Absorbing Man. Superman don't know him, so Creel will have time to drain his powers. He didn't fall to drain Hulk, Quantum Bands and Black Bolt (I've only heard about last one), so he won't fail to drain Superman. Rulk will lose. Even with Abomination's help.

Why would Creel fare any differently than Parasite? Who loses to Superman all the time? Why would a guy who has lost to She-Hulk three times and Spider-Man twice beat Superman? Why would Superman simply not move out of the way once his powers start draining and then just freeze Creel, or take advantage of his lack of intelligence and trick him into touching something that disperses him, the way so many others do?


And I can response with similar post:
Why would it look different than Creel's first battle with Quasar?

Most heroes wins with Creel, because he is stupid and they are able to not let him take some really good power source, but he is troublesome.
Superman don't know him, so he will punch him. And then Creel will drain him. How Superman can avoid that without knowledge about his enemy? When Creel will start drainning him, Superman won't be able to do anything, because he will instatnly powerless.

Because Creel's showings are not limited to that fight with Quasar? He has other, far inferior showings? And he has so many of them that claiming his fight with Quasar sets the norm for him is just silly? Creel has not started fights by draining his opponents for ages now. He mostly starts off by absorbing a material around him to increase his stats. He's been doing exactly that for at least 8 or 9 of his most current fights that I can recall, including his most recent one in Captain Marvel #1. That much should serve as sufficient indication to Supes as to what the nature of Creel's power is.

How many other fights with Creel do You know, in which his enemy didn't know him? Avengers stomps him,because of CIS and their knowledge about AM. I can't recall any similar one, seriously. He did in fight with Sentry and Mighty Avengers (when he had fraction of Cosmic Cube). Besides this against MA (since he was boosted), it would be in his nature, a specially that he starts made of vibranium.

It doesn't matter. I'm not talking about what knowledge his opponents possess. I'm talking about what Creel does. At the start of the fight, 9.9 times out of 10, he's going to do something like absorbing the concrete from the ground or the brick from the walls or maybe even the gamma energy from his teammates. Lately, he always starts off a fight by absorbing something from his surroundings to boost his stats first. Superman has fought enough power and material absorbers to know what that display means, and even if he hadn't........come on, it's fairly obvious, you see a guy turning his body into rock by touching the ground? It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that he takes on the properties of things he touches.

Moderator
#43 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

.....He actually specified just about everything...you're trolling him out of spite man.

yeah, "now" he did .... and I'm not trolling anyone ... I'm letting him know that it isn't a good idea to make threads as vague as he does ... if you aren't too fond of the wording, the amount of years I have left in high school add up to the amount of fks i give ....

PS: I graduated a month ago ...

#44 Posted by ChaoticSuperman (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

.....He actually specified just about everything...you're trolling him out of spite man.

yeah, "now" he did .... and I'm not trolling anyone ... I'm letting him know that it isn't a good idea to make threads as vague as he does ... if you aren't too fond of the wording, the amount of years I have left in high school add up to the amount of fks i give ....

PS: I graduated a month ago ...

#45 Posted by Bo88gdan (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Bricks 

#46 Edited by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

.....He actually specified just about everything...you're trolling him out of spite man.

yeah, "now" he did .... and I'm not trolling anyone ... I'm letting him know that it isn't a good idea to make threads as vague as he does ... if you aren't too fond of the wording, the amount of years I have left in high school add up to the amount of fks i give ....

PS: I graduated a month ago ...

*puts on his boxing gloves* Oh....you graduated a month ago? From what....High School? Kewl

#47 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Superman could blitz each of them individually like he did to Hal ...

obviously not as easily ... but when is anything ever easy for new supes ...

#48 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Yeaaaaaahhhh, but we have no idea what Hals feats are and if they compare to the likes of Red Hulk or Abomination..

#49 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Sufferthorn said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Actually now it is specified. In addition if the OP does not specify a version, you are supposed to assume that it is the most current version of the character. I thought everyone knew that, kind of obvious.

yeah ... but that makes for a poor, vague thread .... and nobody likes those ..... unless you aim to make failed threads ... in which case keep at it, you're on a roll

.....He actually specified just about everything...you're trolling him out of spite man.

yeah, "now" he did .... and I'm not trolling anyone ... I'm letting him know that it isn't a good idea to make threads as vague as he does ... if you aren't too fond of the wording, the amount of years I have left in high school add up to the amount of fks i give ....

PS: I graduated a month ago ...

*puts on his boxing gloves* Oh....you graduated a month ago? From what....High School? Kewl

well, there goes my clever retort .....

way to change the subject btw .... thats always "kewl"

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:


It doesn't matter. I'm not talking about what knowledge his opponents possess. I'm talking about what Creel does. At the start of the fight, 9.9 times out of 10, he's going to do something like absorbing the concrete from the ground or the brick from the walls or maybe even the gamma energy from his teammates. Lately, he always starts off a fight by absorbing something from his surroundings to boost his stats first. Superman has fought enough power and material absorbers to know what that display means, and even if he hadn't........come on, it's fairly obvious, you see a guy turning his body into rock by touching the ground? It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that he takes on the properties of things he touches.

Ok, but there will be moment in which he will have a chance to drain his enemy and he is always doing it. Besides, he already absorbed this mineral - it is vubranium. 
 
I don't doubt that Supe will easily outmart him, if he would know that Creel is drainning energy/powers. But look on his fights with Quasar, Sentry or Hulk. In all he tried to drain his enemies and he was instantly gainning their powers. Sentry won only because his power source is limitless, while Hulk's and Superman's isn't.