• 101 results
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Who wins this Four Way fatal fight between Superman, Black Adam, Classic Thor - No Odinforce and Wonder Woman ?

brainiac 1.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By brainiac 1.0

Superman for the win if he gets sun dipped. And if he is sliver age.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

brainiac 1.0 says:

"Superman for the win if he gets sun dipped. And if he is sliver age."

This is current Superman of New Earth.

Army

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Army

Superman would still take it regardless of era. Not by a chunck like he would as Pre-Crises though but barley. Black Adam? Thats like superman fighting captain marvel. Superman beats the crap out of black adam. while thor and wonder woman are going at it (thor winning) superman comes from behind thor and finishes him off since superman and wonder woman have a ton of history so they'd leave their fight for last. if it wasn't for superman defeating black adam so rapidly, thor would've defeated wonder woman and superman would've had to face the Thunder God...Yikes Anyway Modern superman would have a hard time fighting a woman (he always has) and wonder woman would take advantage...tick tock tick tock..finally Superman realizes hes getting the crap beat out of him because hes so noble but hes had enough and as quickly as it began, it ends and superman is the victor. On the contrary, if the fight started off with superman vs thor and wonder woman vs black adam then black adam would taken wonder woman out before superman could put thor away for good cuz remember thor , although not odin power, hes still a thunder god so hes putting up a fight especially since supermans weakness is magic. so then it leaves superman and black adam and well thats not a fight. :)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Static Shock

I think it would come down to Superman and Black Adam. I'll leave it at that.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lordraiden

If he used all his powers at his disposal and fought smart, 10/10!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator

Superman for the win, with BA in second place, WW in third and Thor bringing up the rear.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I think WW may be getting somewhat over looked, I think she could just as easily win this thing as Superman could.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Everyone is packing magic and Superman wins this? I think he'll do well, but something is bound to jack him up especially since two of the others are on his level of speed and I'd say at least two if not all three of them are better fighters than him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

lordraiden says:

"Gambler says:
"I think WW may be getting somewhat over looked, I think she could just as easily win this thing as Superman could. "

Whoah, WW? As good as she is, she'd be very lucky to come anywhere before last!"

Really? She's faster then Thor. She's on Superman's level in just about every statistical catagory. My personally opinion is that if isn't first shes second.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordraiden

Gambler says:

"I think WW may be getting somewhat over looked, I think she could just as easily win this thing as Superman could. "

Whoah, WW? As good as she is, she'd be very lucky to come anywhere before last!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

lordraiden says:

"Whoah, WW? As good as she is, she'd be very lucky to come anywhere before last!"

Uh, why last? She's faster than Thor, has shown herself to be a better fighter, has defenses that can block anything he can throw at her and wouldn't have a problem taking him down whereas he might concern himself with hitting a lady and get his face rocked. Thor's not only slower than her, but the other two as well. This might start something I don't feel like finishing, but he's also probably the weakest physically. Maybe it's just hate for the bearded wonder, but I'm pegging Thor for last.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

lordraiden says:

"She is? (faster than Thor) so that means she wins? She's never been ON Superman's level, always just under it! Can't se her comming first, second or third given the other contestents in this battle (Superman, who, as stated, is above her in all stats, BA, pretty much the same except a hell of alot more ruthless, and Thor, Norse God of Thunder who weilds a variety of powers more so than any of the others!)"

It means she can hit him so many more times than he can hit her if he can connect at all. It also means that her superior strength allows her to do more damage with all these additional hits. Add in a weapon that can keep him from attacking and another that can cut his head off and speed really is important. Being just under Superman's level is still above Thor's. The only thing he has is his hammer and if he's too slow to use it, it won't matter. Let's not be sexist here. Don't make me get Ms. Invisible on you.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordraiden

Gambler says:

"lordraiden says:
"Gambler says:
Whoah, WW? As good as she is, she'd be very lucky to come anywhere before last!"
Really? She's faster then Thor. She's on Superman's level in just about every statistical catagory. My personally opinion is that if isn't first shes second."

She is? (faster than Thor) so that means she wins? She's never been ON Superman's level, always just under it! Can't se her comming first, second or third given the other contestents in this battle (Superman, who, as stated, is above her in all stats, BA, pretty much the same except a hell of alot more ruthless, and Thor, Norse God of Thunder who weilds a variety of powers more so than any of the others!)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

lordraiden says:

"Gambler says:
"lordraiden says:
"Gambler says:
Really? She's faster then Thor. She's on Superman's level in just about every statistical catagory. My personally opinion is that if isn't first shes second."

She is? (faster than Thor) so that means she wins? She's never been ON Superman's level, always just under it! Can't se her comming first, second or third given the other contestents in this battle (Superman, who, as stated, is above her in all stats, BA, pretty much the same except a hell of alot more ruthless, and Thor, Norse God of Thunder who weilds a variety of powers more so than any of the others!)"

More ruthless? Maybe, but not anywhere near the point where it makes the difference between her beating BA or losing to him. Did you read the issue where she cut one of Medussa's snake/hair strands off and used the venom to blind herself? All so she wouldn't accidentally look at her and be turned to stone. (she won that fight by the way) She's faced and defeated gods on multiple occasions so you'll forgive me if the whole "God of Thunder" label doesn't sway me.

She could have killed Superman in their fight when he was under the control of Max Lord. Some may say that doesn't count cause he wasn't himself, I'd agree with half that, he wasn't himself, he was more dangerous.

Watchtower Files: Superman

Now Wonder Woman

They look pretty even to me.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"I agree on Wonder Woman being superior to Thor. I'm glad Zee Crusher isn't here. For those who don't know, Magic is no longer Superman's weakness, thanks to Phantom Stranger. It's something I want to point out just in case someone uses magic as a disadvantage for Superman."

It's still a weakness, he just has some defense. He already had some defense thanks to Zatanna but now he has a little more. The question that hasn't actually been answered is how powerful the defense is. Is total immunity to magic or can really powerful stuff still affect him? How would it fair against god-powered magic like all three enemies here have. Was it even permanent is another question. The Phantom Stranger gave him the protection right before heading into a specific fight, so it may have just been for that fight.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

I agree on Wonder Woman being superior to Thor. I'm glad Zee Crusher isn't here. For those who don't know, Magic is no longer Superman's weakness, thanks to Phantom Stranger. It's something I want to point out just in case someone uses magic as a disadvantage for Superman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock

Besides flight, they are both even... Though, some look at her and automatically think that she's inferior because she a woman. A little uncool... Wait, did I just have a Ms. Invisible moment!?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"She could have killed Superman in their fight when he was under the control of Max Lord. Some may say that doesn't count cause he wasn't himself, I'd agree with half that, he wasn't himself, he was more dangerous."

My problem with that fight is that he was enraged and also thought he was fighting Doomsday. He wasn't thinking straight to begin with and wasn't fighting in a way suited to Wonder Woman who, unlike DD, has actual skill, is smart and capable of adapting and fighting intelligently, has weapons that can hurt him easily and can also be used at range, oh yeah, and flight.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 03:31:49

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"She could have killed Superman in their fight when he was under the control of Max Lord. Some may say that doesn't count cause he wasn't himself, I'd agree with half that, he wasn't himself, he was more dangerous."

My problem with that fight is that he was enraged and also thought he was fighting Doomsday. He wasn't thinking straight to begin with and wasn't fighting in a way suited to Wonder Woman who, unlike DD, has actual skill, is smart and capable of adapting and fighting intelligently, has weapons that can hurt him easily and can also be used at range. "

I can agree with that. But it also means he wasn't holding back. So Wonder Woman was taking shots designed to put down, or at least attempt to put down Doomsday. Thats gotta count for something.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"It's still a weakness, he just has some defense. He already had some defense thanks to Zatanna but now he has a little more. The question that hasn't actually been answered is how powerful the defense is. Is total immunity to magic or can really powerful stuff still affect him? How would it fair against god-powered magic like all three enemies here have. Was it even permanent is another question. The Phantom Stranger gave him the protection right before heading into a specific fight, so it may have just been for *that* fight."

Well, that make sense. But what if it isn't specified that it was only for that fight? It could be a permanent resistance, and it could not be. There's nothing that says either or, so we can't say for sure. But, anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Buck...

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lordraiden

Buckshot says:

"lordraiden says:
" She is? (faster than Thor) so that means she wins? She's never been ON Superman's level, always just under it! Can't se her comming first, second or third given the other contestents in this battle (Superman, who, as stated, is above her in all stats, BA, pretty much the same except a hell of alot more ruthless, and Thor, Norse God of Thunder who weilds a variety of powers more so than any of the others!)"
It means she can hit him so many more times than he can hit her if he can connect at all. It also means that her superior strength allows her to do more damage with all these additional hits. Add in a weapon that can keep him from attacking and another that can cut his head off and speed really is important. Being just under Superman's level is still above Thor's. The only thing he has is his hammer and if he's too slow to use it, it won't matter. Let's not be sexist here. Don't make me get Ms. Invisible on you."

Bring it on, Bucky! It sounds like you need to read up some more on Thor and his powers! Your sounding a little bit one sided here! WW taking Thor's head off? Hmmmmm, can I borrow whatever good stuff your on! This isn't going to be just a boxing match where combatants are standing around waiting to get tagged/hit! like I said, read up on Thor and his powers and versatility and then get back to me! And by all means, don't hold back good ole Ms. Invisible on me lol i'll feel left out if ya did :-)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

lordraiden says:

"Bring it on, Bucky! It sounds like you need to read up some more on Thor and his powers! Your sounding a little bit one sided here! WW taking Thor's head off? Hmmmmm, can I borrow whatever good stuff your on! This isn't going to be just a boxing match where combatants are standing around waiting to get tagged/hit! like I said, read up on Thor and his powers and versatility and then get back to me! And by all means, don't hold back good ole Ms. Invisible on me lol i'll feel left out if ya did :-)"

You can't sit here and assume that no one reads Thor comics... You're not the only person that does this, though...

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordraiden

Static Shock says:

"lordraiden says:
"Bring it on, Bucky! It sounds like you need to read up some more on Thor and his powers! Your sounding a little bit one sided here! WW taking Thor's head off? Hmmmmm, can I borrow whatever good stuff your on! This isn't going to be just a boxing match where combatants are standing around waiting to get tagged/hit! like I said, read up on Thor and his powers and versatility and then get back to me! And by all means, don't hold back good ole Ms. Invisible on me lol i'll feel left out if ya did :-)"
You can't sit here and assume that no one reads Thor comics... You're not the only person that does this, though..."

Forgive me, I wasn't implying that, and apologise if that's how it came across, but in my defense, it was my remark against Bucky, and not to be taken out of context!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"I can agree with that. But it also means he wasn't holding back. So Wonder Woman was taking shots designed to put down, or at least attempt to put down Doomsday. Thats gotta count for something."

By no means am I saying the fight was insignificant, I just don't think it would actually play out the same way if Superman knew who he was fighting. (That's not to say he'd definitely win, just that he would undoubtedly be using different tactics.)

Static Shock says:

"Well, that make sense. But what if it isn't specified that it was only for that fight? It could be a permanent resistance, and it could not be. There's nothing that says either or, so we can't say for sure. But, anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Buck..."

I don't know if it was permanent or not, but it's been about 6 months and I haven't seen any mention of it after that single annual. Whether it's permanent or not, it's still not clear exactly how strong the protection is. All it defended against in the comic was something Arion considered not up to his normal levels of power and Superman himself wasn't sure how long it would last. I just feel like the magics each other the others are carrying are powerful enough so that they can still affect him more than normal attacks.

We talked about it more here: http://www.comicvine.com/message/superman-and-magic-and-kryptonite/437640/

lordraiden says:

I am being biased here, I won't deny that. I don't like Thor. And you know why I don't like Thor? Because after all the Thor comics I've read, he doesn't interest me in the least. I've read his comics (only the '98 volume, couldn't go back further except for random issues), I've seen him in Avengers, I'm reading his current series (hoping maybe something will interest me) and I've even spent time looking up as much as I can find about him online (and that's a lot) and still nothing appeals to me. Yeah, I should have stopped a while back, but I was trying to see what the big deal was and why others liked him. What I've gotten from it though (along with the dislike) is a good bit of knowledge. From what I've seen, he's not fast enough to stop Wonder Woman if she puts the speed on, and between her lasso to keep him still and her tiara to do some cutting (or just her brawn), I think it's certainly possible for her to take his head off. I see in a lot of posts that when someone say one character can hit another in a way more destructive than usual, someone will claim that the second won't just be standing around. With Diana's speed though, Thor might as well be. In the comics I've read and in all the debates I've seen involving Thor, I haven't see a good example of him having reaction times like what Diana shows on an almost daily basis, let alone on those instances where she really takes off. Then there are the two other combatants that are as fast and powerful as she is. I'm not saying they'll team up on Thor, but any of them has a good shot at taking Thor on their own and if even two of them decide to pick on him, they could end him before he realizes it. Thor's got versatility with his hammer, but if he can't use it, if WW blocks it, or if the others dodge whatever he throws, then it doesn't do him much good.

This probably going to end up being a long one and I really don't have time for it right now (I'm working on subs and also getting ready to head back to the states over the next couple days). If I'm not responding, just assume I agree with whatever the last thing Creator says was if he even keeps posting here.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 04:12:22

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lordraiden

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
" I can agree with that. But it also means he wasn't holding back. So Wonder Woman was taking shots designed to put down, or at least attempt to put down Doomsday. Thats gotta count for something."
By no means am I saying the fight was insignificant, I just don't think it would actually play out the same way if Superman knew who he was fighting. (That's not to say he'd definitely win, just that he would undoubtedly be using different tactics.) Static Shock says:
" Well, that make sense. But what if it isn't specified that it was only for that fight? It could be a permanent resistance, and it could not be. There's nothing that says either or, so we can't say for sure. But, anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Buck..."
I don't know if it was permanent or not, but it's been about 6 months and I haven't seen any mention of it after that single annual. Whether it's permanent or not, it's still not clear exactly how strong the protection is. All it defended against in the comic was something Arion considered not up to his normal levels of power and Superman himself wasn't sure how long it would last. I just feel like the magics each other the others are carrying are powerful enough so that they can still affect him more than normal attacks. We talked about it more here: http://www.comicvine.com/message/superman-and-magic-and-kryptonite/437640/ lordraiden says:
" Bring it on, Bucky! It sounds like you need to read up some more on Thor and his powers! Your sounding a little bit one sided here! WW taking Thor's head off? Hmmmmm, can I borrow whatever good stuff your on! This isn't going to be just a boxing match where combatants are standing around waiting to get tagged/hit! like I said, read up on Thor and his powers and versatility and then get back to me! And by all means, don't hold back good ole Ms. Invisible on me lol i'll feel left out if ya did :-)"
I *am* being biased here, I won't deny that. I don't like Thor. And you know why I don't like Thor? Because after all the Thor comics I've read, he doesn't interest me in the least. I've read his comics (only the '98 volume, couldn't go back further except for random issues), I've seen him in Avengers, I'm reading his current series (hoping maybe something will interest me) and I've even spent time looking up as much as I can find about him online (and that's a lot) and still nothing appeals to me. Yeah, I should have stopped a while back, but I was trying to see what the big deal was and why others liked him. What I've gotten from it though (along with the dislike) is a good bit of knowledge. From what I've seen, he's not fast enough to stop Wonder Woman if she puts the speed on, and between her lasso to keep him still and her tiara to do some cutting (or just her brawn), I think it's certainly possible for her to take his head off. I see in a lot of posts that when someone say one character can hit another in a way more destructive than usual, someone will claim that the second won't just be standing around. With Diana's speed though, Thor might as well be. In the comics I've read and in all the debates I've seen involving Thor, I haven't see a good example of him having reaction times like what Diana shows on an almost daily basis, let alone on those instances where she really takes off. Then there are the two other combatants that are as fast and powerful as she is. I'm not saying they'll team up on Thor, but any of them has a good shot at taking Thor on their own and if even two of them decide to pick on him, they could end him before he realizes it. Thor's got versatility with his hammer, but if he can't use it, if WW blocks it, or if the others dodge whatever he throws, then it doesn't do him much good. This probably going to end up being a long one and I really don't have time for it right now (I'm working on subs and also getting ready to head back to the states over the next couple days). If I'm not responding, just assume I agree with whatever the last thing Creator says was if he even keeps posting here.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 04:12:22"

No probs, thanx for the heads up! Heading to the states, I thought that's where you were from?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sling Shot

Buck I feel almost exactly the same about Thor as you! Uncanny! But I do like mythical Thor.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm on vacation visiting family in Jamaica. Got a couple more days then I'm on a plane back home. There are still things I wanted to do and people I need to see that are all getting packed into these last few days so I won't have a lot of computer time and what I do have has to be focused on not losing my spot on the subs list.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 04:19:50

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"Buckshot says:
"I won't have a lot of computer time and what I do have has to be focused on not losing my spot on the subs list."

lol, if its that special to you, I can stop trying to pass you :p"

Keep trying, it's the only thing that gets me to do real subs anymore.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
" I can agree with that. But it also means he wasn't holding back. So Wonder Woman was taking shots designed to put down, or at least attempt to put down Doomsday. Thats gotta count for something."
By no means am I saying the fight was insignificant, I just don't think it would actually play out the same way if Superman knew who he was fighting. (That's not to say he'd definitely win, just that he would undoubtedly be using different tactics.) Static Shock says:
" Well, that make sense. But what if it isn't specified that it was only for that fight? It could be a permanent resistance, and it could not be. There's nothing that says either or, so we can't say for sure. But, anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, Buck..."
I don't know if it was permanent or not, but it's been about 6 months and I haven't seen any mention of it after that single annual. Whether it's permanent or not, it's still not clear exactly how strong the protection is. All it defended against in the comic was something Arion considered not up to his normal levels of power and Superman himself wasn't sure how long it would last. I just feel like the magics each other the others are carrying are powerful enough so that they can still affect him more than normal attacks. We talked about it more here: http://www.comicvine.com/message/superman-and-magic-and-kryptonite/437640/ lordraiden says:
" Bring it on, Bucky! It sounds like you need to read up some more on Thor and his powers! Your sounding a little bit one sided here! WW taking Thor's head off? Hmmmmm, can I borrow whatever good stuff your on! This isn't going to be just a boxing match where combatants are standing around waiting to get tagged/hit! like I said, read up on Thor and his powers and versatility and then get back to me! And by all means, don't hold back good ole Ms. Invisible on me lol i'll feel left out if ya did :-)"
I *am* being biased here, I won't deny that. I don't like Thor. And you know why I don't like Thor? Because after all the Thor comics I've read, he doesn't interest me in the least. I've read his comics (only the '98 volume, couldn't go back further except for random issues), I've seen him in Avengers, I'm reading his current series (hoping maybe something will interest me) and I've even spent time looking up as much as I can find about him online (and that's a lot) and still nothing appeals to me. Yeah, I should have stopped a while back, but I was trying to see what the big deal was and why others liked him. What I've gotten from it though (along with the dislike) is a good bit of knowledge. From what I've seen, he's not fast enough to stop Wonder Woman if she puts the speed on, and between her lasso to keep him still and her tiara to do some cutting (or just her brawn), I think it's certainly possible for her to take his head off. I see in a lot of posts that when someone say one character can hit another in a way more destructive than usual, someone will claim that the second won't just be standing around. With Diana's speed though, Thor might as well be. In the comics I've read and in all the debates I've seen involving Thor, I haven't see a good example of him having reaction times like what Diana shows on an almost daily basis, let alone on those instances where she really takes off. Then there are the two other combatants that are as fast and powerful as she is. I'm not saying they'll team up on Thor, but any of them has a good shot at taking Thor on their own and if even two of them decide to pick on him, they could end him before he realizes it. Thor's got versatility with his hammer, but if he can't use it, if WW blocks it, or if the others dodge whatever he throws, then it doesn't do him much good. This probably going to end up being a long one and I really don't have time for it right now (I'm working on subs and also getting ready to head back to the states over the next couple days). If I'm not responding, just assume I agree with whatever the last thing Creator says was if he even keeps posting here.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 04:12:22"

Thanks for the compliment Buckshot.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

lordraiden says:

" If he used all his powers at his disposal and fought smart, 10/10!"

(( i say he can take out ww or superman if he have odin force but it's best if all three of them take down superman first then both men take on wonder woman then it's black adam and thor but without odinforce thor can lose to blackadam))

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Aw Damn ! I missed all the fun again !

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Xeron

order of defeat Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Superman.

Thor wins

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats it? No explanation? Wonder Woman would own Thor six different ways before he even knew what happened. This isn't the ALL MIGHTY ODIN FORCE Thor here. He's the slowest one in the group yet somehow he wins?

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Buckshot says:

"I *am* being biased here, I won't deny that. I don't like Thor. And you know why I don't like Thor? Because after all the Thor comics I've read, he doesn't interest me in the least.

That is exactly how I feel about Superman. I don't get it. He doesn't interest me, he's boring, and I haven't liked one of his comics for as long as I can remember, no matter who they get to write it. I'll admit, he works as a prop, for comparison purposes, like how he was used recently in Checkmate to show how different their moralities were -- but as a character, I find him two-dimensional and boring, and I root for whoever is fighting against him.

Thor, on the other hand, has a rich mythology, and I read the actual Norse mythology growing up. If you want a GOOD recent Thor story, try the Matt Fraction one-shot from a couple of weeks ago. Awesome take on Thor flying through frost giants heads and then flying back to his harem.

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lionheart

i gotta give this one to BA well fought battle by all competitors but i think he wins

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm curious now if theres a pattern of Superman fans not liking Thor and vise versa.
Post Edited:2008-05-15 22:04:05

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Yeah Folks. Keep in mind that this is the Classic Thor win no Odinforce.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Super-Buster

I'm not too sure who would win this fight, Superman is susceptible to magic, true, but its not like kryptonite is it? Nevertheless I think WW's magic would at least allow her to harm Supes and her skill could carry the rest of the battle, the same with BA. I'm not sure who would win between WW and BA, I'll go with BA because he has had more experience.

So, in order: BA, WW, Supes, Thor (I didn't bother debating him, he's too slow for this fight) For now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Black Adam is my second favorite character in this fight, and I could see a good case being made for him winning. But Wonder Woman is as durable as everyone in the fight, as strong as Superman (check the facts), as fast as Superman, and the best fighter in the group. It amazes me that people have her going out first. I cant help but think its a lack of knowledge about the character.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Ebony Bishop says:

"Thor, on the other hand, has a rich mythology, and I read the actual Norse mythology growing up. If you want a GOOD recent Thor story, try the Matt Fraction one-shot from a couple of weeks ago. Awesome take on Thor flying through frost giants heads and then flying back to his harem."

Believe it or not I actually got that issue (still giving the guy chances) and I didn't even finish the comic. I tried to read it but for whatever reason I'm just not into him. Maybe I'll try to read it again and get back to you. I don't fault (most) people for liking him, but I just don't get along with the character.

Gambler says:

"I'm curious now if theres a pattern of Superman fans not liking Thor and vise versa."

Couldn't tell you, I only barely like Supes more than Thor, not really a fan. The difference between the two is that I've read a few stories involving Superman that I like - Birthright (which I originally only got because I saw some of the art from it on someone's page), various arcs in Superman/Batman, and random issues of JLA - while I can't think of one I liked for Thor.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

Xeron says:

"order of defeat Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Superman.Thor wins"

Yeah, right...

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the creator

Gambler says:

"Black Adam is my second favorite character in this fight, and I could see a good case being made for him winning. But Wonder Woman is as durable as everyone in the fight, as strong as Superman (check the facts), as fast as Superman, and the best fighter in the group. It amazes me that people have her going out first. I cant help but think its a lack of knowledge about the character. "

I don't think that Wonder Woman is as durable as everyone else.

I do think that she as durable, if not more so that Thor as both have huge resistance to physical punching type damage but significantly lower resistance to sharp (knives) damage or projectiles. Hers (and Thors) resistance to energy also seems lower than the other 2. I think that the reason for her being reported on the earlier scans as a A1 for durability has to do with her resistance to the punch type damage but also significantly to do with her bracelets - not just the basic deflection but the fact that when she crosses them, they form up a bigger area of protection that just about reflect anything.

Would she die if you hit her with a nuke - I definately think so but BA and Supes would not.

Also do't forget that Superman snapped a bone in her arm during their recent fight.

As for strength, Superman is the yardstick for all DC 'hero' level characters (i.e. not cosmics). He still remains the 'big dog' and although Capt Marvel and hence BA come close to his strength, endurance and durability, I think they fall a little short. The fact is that we have seen Superman in all likelyhood undergo at least a couple of power upgrades since his 1980 relauch. I am not sure that I remember anything like this for BA.

Although WW is also quoted strength wise as A1 on the scans, this is to a normal humans perception. If a being like Superman can lift, lets say for this argument, 10 million tonnes, but WW can lift only 9 million tonnes, that is a difference when they compare to each other - he is according to this example 11% stronger. However, to the normal person this means little as both are so outlandishly strong that it must be difficult to quantify their strengths fully.

I can see Amanda Waller asking Superman "Just be darling and lift the Great Pyramid up for me would you. Did you find that taxing ?"

As for magical attcks, I must admit that is always the one that gives me pause when thinking of battles between these particular powerhouses.

BA's principal magical attack would be to use his summoned transformative lightning bolt, as Capt Marvel has been demonstrated to do, to hit Superman. However he is unlikely to do this in a 4 way combat environment as one of the others would take advantage of this weakness (a normal human vs 1 of them) to kill him.

Even if this was not a 4 way combat, I still believe that Superman would survive, not unhurt, the first such attack but would be quick enough to overcome the second attack as he is faster than lightning and has dodged lightning bolts in the past. If he does avoid the second or any subsequent bolts, BA in his normal human form is dead.

WW has significantly more attacks that have a magical component to them at her disposal. Her lasso and her tiara are the main ones. The lasso can pretty much hold anything but she has to hit with it first and it also has limited range. Supes has a serious long range attack (heat vision) unlike WW (and BA).

As for the the tiara as a thrown weapon - it has range and although we saw Superman get hit with it and cut badly in the recent Maxwell lord induced fight, Supes thought he was fighting Doomsday who has no range attacks so his tactics were incorrect.

If he knew he was fighting WW I am sure that this is one attack he would be looking out for.

As for WW beat BA - that is more difficult to quantify. To my knowledge she is weaker, slower and less duarble than BA but here BA has no range attack and so must get in close, which plays to WW's strengths (lasso and good durability vs punch type damage).

I would still back BA but only by a slim margin.

Overall, Supes for the win, BA in second, WW a very close third (and maybe second depending upon the overall fight) and Thor last.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Creator says:

I don't think that Wonder Woman is as durable as everyone else.I do think that she as durable, if not more so that Thor as both have huge resistance to physical punching type damage but significantly lower resistance to sharp (knives) damage or projectiles. Hers (and Thors) resistance to energy also seems lower than the other 2. I think that the reason for her being reported on the earlier scans as a A1 for durability has to do with her resistance to the punch type damage but also significantly to do with her bracelets - not just the basic deflection but the fact that when she crosses them, they form up a bigger area of protection that just about reflect anything.Would she die if you hit her with a nuke - I definately think so but BA and Supes would not.

First let me say great post. I should have clarified what I meant by my durability statement. Obviously Wonder Woman isn't as durable as Superman seeing as how she had to deflect bullets and he can stand in front of them. When I say she as durable what I mean is as far as punches, kicks, blunt force trauma, etc etc.. She isnt as durable against projectiles, but seeing as how no one in the fight utilizes projectiles its a moot point.

I also think your off when you say Wonder Woman would be killed by a Nuke. Here she deflects a blast of energy created by the combined power of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. I'd say thats easily as powerful if not more then a Nuke (but thats speculation on my part)

Her bracelets (like you touched on) give her the ability to ward of several possible attacks that those involved would no doubt use. But its not her only source of durability. This scan shows her emerging from a melting pot that was melting Steel. Steel melts around 1510 degrees. Her bracelets have nothing to do with this feat of durability.

The_Creator says:

Although WW is also quoted strength wise as A1 on the scans, this is to a normal humans perception. If a being like Superman can lift, lets say for this argument, 10 million tonnes, but WW can lift only 9 million tonnes, that is a difference when they compare to each other - he is according to this example 11% stronger. However, to the normal person this means little as both are so outlandishly strong that it must be difficult to quantify their strengths fully.

What do you mean by "This is to normal human perception"? Those are the JLA Watchtower files, so they could be to Superhuman perception just as easily. I wouldnt even say their that far apart in terms of strength if at all. I'd say (to use your numbers) its more like 10million tons to 9.89million tons or closer. Its been stated several times how she is the only one how can match him in terms of strength and vise versa. In this scan Superman himself admits they are equal in terms of raw power.

Post Edited:2008-05-16 04:00:02

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock

Nice post, G.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thanx.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The_Creator says:

"they form up a bigger area of protection that just about reflect anything."

I know she could do that in the past and in another thread I asked if she still could. Have you seen it in any modern age comics? Don't know why it would be gone, but things change so I wondered.

The_Creator says:

"BA's principal magical attack would be to use his summoned transformative lightning bolt, as Capt Marvel has been demonstrated to do, to hit Superman. However he is unlikely to do this in a 4 way combat environment as one of the others would take advantage of this weakness (a normal human vs 1 of them) to kill him.Even if this was not a 4 way combat, I still believe that Superman would survive, not unhurt, the first such attack but would be quick enough to overcome the second attack as he is faster than lightning and has dodged lightning bolts in the past. If he does avoid the second or any subsequent bolts, BA in his normal human form is dead."

Black Adam (pretty sure I've seen Captain Marvel do it too) can also charge his blows with magic. One example of it was in his fight against Superboy. He was hitting him with magic-backed punches. That would be an attack he could use against Superman without leaving himself vulnerable.

Gambler says:

"I also think your off when you say Wonder Woman would be killed by a Nuke. Here she deflects a blast of energy created by the combined power of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. I'd say thats easily as powerful if not more then a Nuke (but thats speculation on my part)"

He said if you hit her, not her bracelets or any shield created by them. Would she have taken the hit so easily if it had hit her directly? I doubt it.

Gambler says:

"Her bracelets (like you touched on) give her the ability to ward of several possible attacks that those involved would no doubt use. But its not her only source of durability. This scan shows her emerging from a melting pot that was melting Steel. Steel melts around 1510 degrees. Her bracelets have nothing to do with this feat of durability."

That's a different kind of damage than what was being talked about before so I'm not sure where it fits in, but check out her cheek. Those scars are from Superman hitting her with heat vision. Just FYI.

The_Creator says:

Think I agree with Gambler on this point. There's no explanation of how the strengths were measured or compared.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Andferne

Gambler says:

"I'm curious now if theres a pattern of Superman fans not liking Thor and vise versa."

I'm a fan of both Superman and Thor, but I do know what you are talking about. It seems it really has to do with the Marvel vs DC than the actual characters. I however enjoy both of the characters.

On the battle I would have to give it to Superman though. Like everyone has mentioned Thor just can not keep up in the speed department here. Their all attacking in a blink of an eye then Thor is going to be one knocked out Thunder God. I see the heroes taking out Black Adam first though once Thor falls. After that it becomes a Superman vs Wonder Woman fight and with the yellow sun keeping Supes powered and healthy I think the fight to take out Adam and Thor would take its toll on them. Giving him and edge on WW to take her out. He has a wider arsenal of attacks to use against her if he is not holding back.