Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Static Shock
Dark King said:
"if the battle is in space speed wont be an issue  for BRB once he starts flying if anything supes would be frozen in place while BRB is moving 3x faster than light

if supes slow down for an instant in a blitz  he is taking a beating of his life

"
Superman has moved 18 times the speed of light in space. Faster than BRB has ever moved.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Static Shock
Dark King said:
"i equate his speed just like any other power he has to activate it just like his heat vision or any other power focus.
  people like to think like his powers are constantly on"
This doesn't make any sense.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By LordCosmicKing

he was talking point of reference speed you know albert eistien

and if the 18x reference is him flying from  earth to saturn moon under 4 min u might want to consider bad writing unless it has been qouted by dc as his actual flying speed

using the same math thor is flying billions of times FTL to the outer edge of the universe
using the same math thor is flying billions of times FTL to the outer edge of the universe
caption
caption
Avatar image for sovereign_vance
Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Sovereign Vance
HalJordan1986x said:
"Sovereign Vance said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Sovereign Vance said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"How is BRB going to even hit Supes?"
Easy...he's lifts his hammer and bangs him in the face."
That might work if only Supes wasnt several hundred times faster then BRB

BTW do you change your pic every five minutes or something>?"
No..I don't change my pic every 5 minutes..this is a different account and I had that Dr.Strange avatar all month.
Anyway...Superman being faster than Beta Ray Bill doesn't mean anything.Superman is a brawler and he doesn't always use his speed even when he's fighting to the best of his ability..he still gets hit by people slower than him.
"
And do you have like 8 accounts or something?
Supes can fight very well being trained by Bats wonder woman wildcat and mongul

supes fighting bigger slower opponents like grundy and doomsday is just good writing

Hes been able to react and counter attacks from the flash

BRB would never be able to touch him"
I have more than 8 accounts.
I know who Superman was trained by...Beta Ray Bill is a trained warrior as well.
I know Superman was able to react to Flash...Flash is a super speedster....that is the only way he could hit him.
BRB would be able to touch him.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Logic Mark III

Why do people doubt Beta Ray's strength? Dude was right there with Thor lifting Asgard [the city is pretty huge and the materials on are average are 3 times as dense as normal Earth materials so heavier too, if high rise buildings are in the 100,000 ton range imagine an entire city....]. Dude has also cracked Galactus armour a feat not many have achieved.

I dont see Superman being at all superior in terms of speed, Stormbreaker should be able to kill him if commanded or whilst holding it allow Beta Ray to keep pace easily.

As for endurance, the guy is copres. The Stormbreaker mini shows his endurance to be uper echelons [surviving planet ravaging blasts, falling asleep in the center of a sun lolololo etc]

He could kill Superman with that ol' crazy vortex thing people show for Thor or some other crazy hammer/teleport/vortex thing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
"he was talking point of reference speed you know albert eistien

and if the 18x reference is him flying from  earth to saturn moon under 4 min u might want to consider bad writing unless it has been qouted by dc as his actual flying speed

caption
caption
"
It's not bad writing for the simple fact that Superman HAS THE ABILITY to move faster than light. And, the scan that shows Thor's FTL speed, there's a caption in the third panel that says he is moving 3x the speed of light. Not billions of times. Reread the scan. The other scan doesn't really show how fast Bill is moving. So there's no telling how fast he's moving, and that scan can't be used as evidence.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LordCosmicKing

my point is the speed is 3x ftl light but clearly the distance he is traveling is far beyond that  and again i am showing point of reference fighting not the actual speed so yes it can be used for a reference

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Static Shock
LordCosmicKing said:
"my point is the speed is 3x ftl light but clearly the distance he is traveling is far beyond that  and again i am showing point of reference fighting not the actual speed so yes it can be used for a reference"

It can be used for a reference. But, Superman has clearly moved faster than that.
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Scarlet Thor

I say BRB but after a great fight

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Logic Mark III

For this Superman speed thing did it say hehis exact speed? Not a stickler for this evidence crap all the time but people, when it comes to speed, seem to think any DC character has the monopoly on it and when you show something comparable of a Marvel character its a lie.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Static Shock
Logic Mark III said:
"For this Superman speed thing did it say hehis exact speed? Not a stickler for this evidence crap all the time but people, when it comes to speed, seem to think any DC character has the monopoly on it and when you show something comparable of a Marvel character its a lie."
There's a caption that says Superman made it to a moon of Saturn in 4 minutes. That implies how fast he's going. As far as finding the exact speed, that would take calculations.

caption
caption

Read the caption...

Earth is 821,190,000 miles from Saturn. Light moves at 186,000 miles per sec. 4 minutes is 240 seconds. 821,190,000 miles/240 sec is 3,421,625 miles per sec (the speed that Superman was moving at the time). Divide Superman's speed by Light-speed. 3,421,625 miles per sec/186,000 miles per sec is18.39583333 times the speed of light... Round that off to 18.40 times.

This compared to instances where people claim Sentry flew to the Sun or Saturn in a few seconds aren't valid because there's nothing there to imply how fast he was moving over the distance he covered. Unlike those instances, there wasn't a caption that gave a timeframe like this scan did. It doesn't have to give an exact speed. It's a simple math problem. If it says he did it 4 minutes, then its up to the reader to find out the distance between Saturn and the Earth, and how fast light moves. Then calculate it from there. Showings for Sentry don't give evidence at all. There was a scan with Iron Man defeating MODOK through BFR, and in a caption, it stated how fast he was going. Mach 8. Writers didn't do this for Sentry. So, there's no telling how fast he moves in space. It's not a lie. It's just there's nothing that most Marvel characters can do to compare to instances such as this above.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By King_Saturn
YAY

The Superman Speed Test
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

The only reason I think BRB could take this is because of his durability and stormbreaker advantage. BRB was creaming a herald of Galactus, and tanking nearly every attack. I totally think he could take the initial blitz via stormbreaker enchantments.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By King_Saturn
LegendaryKYJ said:
"The only reason I think BRB could take this is because of his durability and stormbreaker advantage. BRB was creaming a herald of Galactus, and tanking nearly every attack. I totally think he could take the initial blitz via stormbreaker enchantments."
But the Stormbreaker is a Mystical Weapon. Superman has immunity to Magical Attacks due to his gift he received from the Phantom Stranger
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LordCosmicKing

people keep using that moment with the stranger but it is never clear if it was just for that fight ppl are assuming and u know what happens when u do.

caption
caption
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That ain't billions of times FTL. It clearly says "And, even as he doubles and trebles the very speed of light..."

Treble means to increase threefold. So he was only going 3x FTL, and that's Thor, not BRB.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By King_Saturn
LordCosmicKing said:
"people keep using that moment with the stranger but it is never clear if it was just for that fight ppl are assuming and u know what happens when u do.

caption
caption
"
Well can you prove that he doesnt have the Magical Immunity anymore ?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By LordCosmicKing

no can u proof otherwise,

and the speed of thor was use to show the contradiction of flight speed did you read where he was flying to clearly he could not reach that place simply by flying at 3x FTL

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordCosmicKing said:
people keep using that moment with the stranger but it is never clear if it was just for that fight ppl are assuming and u know what happens when u do.

What comic was that from? Because Abra Kadabra keeps saying "This is my world" so he could have been powered up by his own dimension or something.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By King_Saturn
LordCosmicKing said:
"no can u proof otherwise,

and the speed of thor was use to show the contradiction of flight speed did you read where he was flying to clearly he could not reach that place simply by flying at 3x FTL"
But thats the Thing... he was given the Magical Immunity... but there is nothing to say that he had lost it or it was just temporary... so how is it wrong to say he still has it ?
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordCosmicKing said:
"no can u proof otherwise,
It says doubled and trebled. I don't see what more proof you need.

Can you prove it's billions of times FTL? No? Then your point is moot.
and the speed of thor was use to show the contradiction of flight speed did you read where he was flying to clearly he could not reach that place simply by flying at 3x FTL
All it says is he jumped into another dimension.

Nightcrawler does that when he teleports (I think).

Again, you have no proof either.
LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
King Saturn said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"The only reason I think BRB could take this is because of his durability and stormbreaker advantage. BRB was creaming a herald of Galactus, and tanking nearly every attack. I totally think he could take the initial blitz via stormbreaker enchantments."
But the Stormbreaker is a Mystical Weapon. Superman has immunity to Magical Attacks due to his gift he received from the Phantom Stranger"

Well, I could understand if he wasn't allergic to magic anymore. But, a timestop is a timestop the means to which it happens magic or not. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By King_Saturn
LegendaryKYJ said:
"King Saturn said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
But the Stormbreaker is a Mystical Weapon. Superman has immunity to Magical Attacks due to his gift he received from the Phantom Stranger"

Well, I could understand if he wasn't allergic to magic anymore. But, a timestop is a timestop the means to which it happens magic or not. "
But who is to say Beta Ray Bill would use that attack right off the Bat ?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LordCosmicKing

same reasoning of saying how do we know supe will speed blitz right of the bat

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Static Shock

Speaking of the magical resistance/immunity that Superman was granted, there's really no telling whether or not he still has it. It could have been temporary.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Scarlet Thor

Superman is immune to magic now?
wow...

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say it, but the spell the Phantom Stranger granted Superman actually was temporary...

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
King Saturn said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:
"King Saturn said:
"LegendaryKYJ said:

Well, I could understand if he wasn't allergic to magic anymore. But, a timestop is a timestop the means to which it happens magic or not. "
But who is to say Beta Ray Bill would use that attack right off the Bat ? "
The same theory applies to Supes however many times the speed of light to Saturn blitz, lol. I'm really up in the air on this one, could be either of the two. Flip a coin, lol.
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LordCosmicKing

it is only an assumption from one story line

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordCosmicKing said:
"it is only an assumption from one story line"
No, it's not an assumption. The Phantom Stranger actually did give Superman a gift which protects him from magic. But it wore off later.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By King_Saturn
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"I hate to say it, but the spell the Phantom Stranger granted Superman actually was temporary..."
You have a Scan or something to Prove this ?
LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By LordCosmicKing

then this magic debate can be over

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"I hate to say it, but the spell the Phantom Stranger granted Superman actually was temporary..."
You have a Scan or something to Prove this ? "
I don't have a scan with me at the moment, but I think it was in Superman Annual #13.
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still wins though.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By King_Saturn
"King Saturn said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
You have a Scan or something to Prove this ? "
I don't have a scan with me at the moment, but I think it was in Superman Annual #13."
I have that comic and I dont see where it says the magical immunity wore off at...
Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Scarlet Thor

If Superman is still immune he takes this easily.
If not BRB wins after a great fight

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was after he fought Arion [or whatever the Cthulhu looking monster's name was]

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Scarlet Thor
"I think it was after he fought Arion [or whatever the Cthulhu looking monster's name was]"
Wasn't Arion a sorcerer of Atlantis?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By King_Saturn
Got Damn It !

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TruePwnge

Bet Ray Bill has something that Superman is extremely weak against and that's magic

BRB owns

plus I hate Superdickery

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By claws

supes has no defense against magic  and BRB can get hits on supes so BRB ftw

kuzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kuzman

Superman dosent  use his speed  at  all  except  wen his flying. 

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By SUNMAN
claws said:
"supes has no defense against magic  and BRB can get hits on supes so BRB ftw"

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By AtPhantom

Except he is not at all extremely weak at it and he has actually received some magical defenses lately. Supeman in a huge fight.

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TruePwnge
geraldthesloth said:
"BRB has taken down a warriors madness thor"
Superman beat Thor with a few punches, see crossovers

Anyways I think BRB still beats Sueprdickery
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By claws

crossovers dont count and superman said that thor was his toughest opponent he ever faced

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TruePwnge
claws said:
"crossovers dont count and superman said that thor was his toughest opponent he ever faced"
Where did he say that? I doubt he was tougher than Doomsday
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By claws
TruePwnge said:
"claws said:
"crossovers dont count and superman said that thor was his toughest opponent he ever faced"
Where did he say that? I doubt he was tougher than Doomsday"

said that right after when supes beat him and after when he said it ironman comes up and attacks him but dont matter crossovers dont count unless the crossover was canon
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TruePwnge

most crossover suck, I think the only ones that are canon are Lantern and Surfer because the writers made a real collaborative effort