Superman vs Beta Ray Bill

doogansquest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551  Edited By doogansquest

The whole "[insert character] is fast and wouldn't even get hit" isn't a valid argument. For one, Superman has never shown the ability to sustain that in a fight for very long. Two, for the sake of easy and more dramatic reading, the writers and artists are portraying the fights in a way we can observe them. For all we know, he is going at his fastest relative to the opponent, but the action is slowed down for our viewing. Sort of how they didn't have Neo always fight at whatever speed he was capable of in the Matrix films, because it would be silly to watch a blur for two hours.

Superman has been hit and hurt by beings far less powerful than BRB or Thor. Sure, BRB (sort of) won the fight with Thor for the sake of the story, but I wouldn't pick him to win that contest over 50% of the time. That said, he would present an incredible challenge to Superman. Just because the writers at DC are lame and continually come up with new feats to make Superman 1-up every other character in existence doesn't make it sensible. There's also no such thing as canon in the world of comics. Power levels fluctuate all the time, and are rarely consistent. Also, more of the medium has moved to short series/graphic novels, animation, and live action. Those now count, because writers from DC and Marvel work on those as much as the comics anymore.

Muhammad Ali was far faster, more agile, and had better reflexes than any heavyweight before or since. BY FAR. Yet he was routinely hit, hurt, and even beaten by much slower foes. Why? Because you can always time someone who has greater speed. A guy like BRB (even though I hate his character - I mean, a yellow horse with Thor's power???) isn't going to be taken out quickly, and in a battle-to-the-death would begin to gauge and time what Superman is up to. His hammer gives him an edge in both defense and offense. A well placed lightning strike could not only disrupt Superman's movement, but even effect him for the remainder of the battle. It doesn't matter how strong Superman is, because lifting or altering the course of the weapon has nothing to do (unless writing finds it convenient to alter that) with strength. If that were the case, Hulk would definitely have had an easier time (than Superman even).

Ultimately I'd pick Superman, but not because of something as glib as speed or strength. Mainly just because his writing is among the worst of the popular heroes, and they see fit to always have him be one better if anyone dares to rival him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

kidmumunha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think superman would be both stronger and faster then beta-ray-bill... just saying 3 times speed of light and a planet bursting punch just might be enough . i think i dont even have to mention his feats cause anyone who is anyone knows just how many fucked up things supes has done.

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole "[insert character] is fast and wouldn't even get hit" isn't a valid argument. For one, Superman has never shown the ability to sustain that in a fight for very long. Two, for the sake of easy and more dramatic reading, the writers and artists are portraying the fights in a way we can observe them. For all we know, he is going at his fastest relative to the opponent, but the action is slowed down for our viewing. Sort of how they didn't have Neo always fight at whatever speed he was capable of in the Matrix films, because it would be silly to watch a blur for two hours.

Superman has been hit and hurt by beings far less powerful than BRB or Thor. Sure, BRB (sort of) won the fight with Thor for the sake of the story, but I wouldn't pick him to win that contest over 50% of the time. That said, he would present an incredible challenge to Superman. Just because the writers at DC are lame and continually come up with new feats to make Superman 1-up every other character in existence doesn't make it sensible. There's also no such thing as canon in the world of comics. Power levels fluctuate all the time, and are rarely consistent. Also, more of the medium has moved to short series/graphic novels, animation, and live action. Those now count, because writers from DC and Marvel work on those as much as the comics anymore.

Muhammad Ali was far faster, more agile, and had better reflexes than any heavyweight before or since. BY FAR. Yet he was routinely hit, hurt, and even beaten by much slower foes. Why? Because you can always time someone who has greater speed. A guy like BRB (even though I hate his character - I mean, a yellow horse with Thor's power???) isn't going to be taken out quickly, and in a battle-to-the-death would begin to gauge and time what Superman is up to. His hammer gives him an edge in both defense and offense. A well placed lightning strike could not only disrupt Superman's movement, but even effect him for the remainder of the battle. It doesn't matter how strong Superman is, because lifting or altering the course of the weapon has nothing to do (unless writing finds it convenient to alter that) with strength. If that were the case, Hulk would definitely have had an easier time (than Superman even).

Ultimately I'd pick Superman, but not because of something as glib as speed or strength. Mainly just because his writing is among the worst of the popular heroes, and they see fit to always have him be one better if anyone dares to rival him.

I like you.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.Anyways Superman wins

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557 Sy8000  Online

Superman

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558  Edited By BlueBeetle1

Superman

DeathUponAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559  Edited By DeathUponAll

Beta Ray Bill = Thor

Thor= 3x light speed

According to this, Superman has travelled through galaxies in about an hour.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is billions of times FTL. Specifically 22 billion times FTL. Beta Ray Bills dies before he knows the fight started.

Avatar image for thekillerofgods
thekillerofgods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunter: combat speed is different from how fast you are like hulk and spiderman for example,hulk can move faster than spiderman,bit combat wise hulk is much slower than spiderman.No offense supes don't really have the reflexes to say he has faster combat speed than bill. Flying or running hell yeah supes can dust bill,but fighting wise cqc, Speed and hand skills go to bill.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#561  Edited By RealityWarper

BRB

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562  Edited By PabloSL

@geraldthesloth said:

BRB has taken down a warriors madness thor

That never happened, he actually got his ass handed to him against Thor during blood and thunder.

The only reason he ever defeated Thor was because Odin gave him advantage to teach Thor a lesson of humility.

I give this to supes, even tough Bill would give a huge fight, he has been shown to be weaker than Thor several times and for me Thor vs Supes is a 50/50 fight, so I don't see Bill winning in the end.

@deathuponall: so what? Mjolnir and Stormbreaker can go from one end of the galaxy to the other in a matter of seconds (less than 10 actually)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#563  Edited By patrat18
No Caption Provided

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman wrecks

nghp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta ray bill not only is superior to super in strength and durability but also surpasses him in fighting ability plus super manand the most recent superman has a weakness to magic

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

Avatar image for supermankillsbatman
Supermankillsbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman destroys BRB and then kills batman.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nghp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nghp: added comment storm breaker ew would inflict massive damage being that it was forged by a magical forge

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Geoff Johns is writing, the fight would last two panels with someone being distracted by something or something. Idk.

Current - BRB

Composite - Superman

Pre-52 - Probably Supes

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

bill

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily .

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BRB, along with Thor, casually one-shotted a device which dwarfed and used all the stars of the galactic core to create a portal to another dimension. Superman isn't surviving a hit from that.

nghp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: beta ray bill is known as the god hunter so that's one of his comparable feats :)

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Superman.

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

bill

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iceboyisbeemaniknowit
Iceboyisbeemaniknowit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beta ray bill is physically stronger than Thor (I know Thor I'd not here but only other narvel reference I could think of) he could take the hits from superman, But ultimately I think even though beta could take this hits and give good hits back he wouldn't win.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

BRB would give Superman hell, but Clark would win this encounter after a long battle.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman handily

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark whips a dead space horse.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Before or after said horse murks him? Superman can't survive a serious hammer throw.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585  Edited By Kingant27

Beta Ray Bill wins.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: And of course the ones where he stalemates Heralds, destroys planets, fights characters with feats that put Superman's to shame (e.g. Gladiator), ect.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: And Beta won't lay a finger on Clark

Superman (especially the current version which rules say that we have to use) cannot react to Stormbreaker.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: He got stomped by Surfer so bad. Anyway, this thread was made 6 years ago. Pre-Reboot Clark it is. He beats on BRB like a drum.

Gladiator isn't above pre-reboot Clark.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: And Beta won't have a thought when Clark is flattening Bill's face with his Flash like speed compared to Beta's thor like speed

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: He got stomped by Surfer so bad. Anyway, this thread was made 6 years ago. Pre-Reboot Clark it is. He beats on BRB like a drum.

Gladiator isn't above pre-reboot Clark.

Feats that put him at the very least equal to Post-Crisis Clark:

• Containing supernovae with his hands
  • Tearing black holes in half
  • Sense things from lightyears away
  • Fighting consistently with people with people herald level.

Clark may be faster, but Gladiator is physically stronger and BRB is at that level.

@etheral_dreams: And Beta won't have a thought when Clark is flattening Bill's face with his Flash like speed compared to Beta's thor like speed

Yeah, because Clark always speedblitz.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman win this in a good fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Josh-Ranaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is stronger then both Bill and Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman with ease.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#596  Edited By MasterKungFu

BRB

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sara Jessica Parker

Spartan825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_king: I'm new on here but I have to agree with this. BRB is a warrior arguably more ferocious than Thor. He not only has a magic hammer that can hit harder than super man can.( even though superman is stronger hitting some one with a hammer like storm breakers and with the strenth that BRB does posses is way more than what super man can do.) he can also just tell port super man to Asgard or anywhere else that doesn't have a yellow sun. Fight him where his powers will just get walker with time. No way super man is coming out with the win.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SJP wins

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

Superman is stronger then both Bill and Thor.

Based off non-existent feats?