Superman.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ratman19

@Shawnbaby: what book is that scan from. is it jusice league.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BlueComet

@Jayfournines said:

@BlueComet said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Also, I just saw that it's moral off.

Morals off Superman is a freakin' beast. He KILLS Batman instantly.

I posted Scans that included Hal Jordan as Spectre. I edited them into my post above.

Also Hal gave Batman the ring before, and without hardly any training Batman was able to summon two constructs of his parents.

Also this fight presupposes that Batman has had time with the ring, not that he just received it one minute ago.

You are right, Hal gave Bats the ring just in case...cause Hal was not gonna use it anymore. Also, Batman summoned a construct, so did Green Arrow; summoning a construct is not the point, maintaining the construct while a bloodlusted Superman pounds the crap out of it is another thing.

The fight does not presuppose anything, if the OP does not specifically state that there is prep or training involved then it does not happen, standard Comic Vine rule.

Batman does have full knowledge on how to use the GL ring. Why else would he go out and pick a fight with Superman?

haha, something that should have been included in the OP my friend.

Alright then, under those circumstances, with Batman having mastery of the Green Lantern ring. Does he have prep time? A plan concocted or something like that? Or his plan is "attain mastery of the ring...then kick alien ass?

I edited the OP. Batman has no prep time prior to the fight but Superman is caught off guard.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Shawnbaby

@ratman19 said:

@Shawnbaby: what book is that scan from. is it jusice league.

It's from the Dark Knight #5 and I really wasn't intending it to be taken so seriously.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ratman19

@Shawnbaby: i know, ive seen your posts in other places and i kinda figured that you meant it jokingly. why was batman fighting supes in that issue

evilswrath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By evilswrath1

Superman grabs batman by the toushee and they have S@x,PROBLEM???

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By supermaansito

Superman wins ......and Hal> bruce willpower user.......

Logic the ring chosed HAL ...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By ComicStooge

@Supermansito said:

The ring has never chosen Bruce for story purposes, because he wouldn't be Batman then, he'd be a Green Lantern.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Shawnbaby

@ratman19 said:

@Shawnbaby: i know, ive seen your posts in other places and i kinda figured that you meant it jokingly. why was batman fighting supes in that issue

He was exposed to some Fear Toxin by the scarecrow...kinda made him go a little on the wonky side.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlueComet

I'm thinking Batman wins this one through a hard fight of course but still Batman.

Fudgie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fudgie29

Batman is a master strategist and knows superman really well. I think he becomes more unpredictable with the ring which will give him the upper edge. Batman + upper edge = Bats win.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheGraySon

@ComicStooge said:

@Supermansito said:

The ring has never chosen Bruce for story purposes, because he wouldn't be Batman then, he'd be a Green Lantern.

Lex Luthor is a rich genius who lost his parents. Why isnt he batman? Because batman chooses to instill fear in his enemies? Okay. Then well give that to batman, and well give the "Strongest will" title to Hal jordan. Theres no point in arguing this. The ring chose Hal because it best fit him, not Bruce Wayne.

Superman wins. Batmans intelligence doesnt stop Clark from breaking his constructs, and since Bruce doesnt have stronger will than Hal its more than possible.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Saren

Superman effortlessly.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShootingNova

SuperMan definitely wins.

throughmyeyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By throughmyeyez

I AM SO ***** SICK OF BATMAN BEING PITTED AGAINST PEOPLE WHO WOULD MOP DA FLOOR WIT HIM.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ComicStooge

@CitizenBane said:

Superman effortlessly.

Despite the fact that Bruce has a GL ring and can use it?

Is there some rule here that Supes in NEVER allowed to lose to Bats simply because the fanboys think he can anyway?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Saren

@ComicStooge said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman effortlessly.

Is there some rule here that Supes in NEVER allowed to lose to Bats simply because the fanboys think he can anyway?

Despite the fact that Bruce has no experience with a GL ring whatsoever, no demonstrated skill feats with a GL ring that exceed any of the other Green Lanterns, no demonstrated experience with superpowers that exceed Superman's own familiarity with them, and no counter at all for a morals off Superman being ridiculously faster than he could ever be and thus capable of tearing his head off before he could even think to use the ring, I am supposed to assume that Bruce has a chance........because he's Batman?

Is there some rule here that if Batman realistically has no hope of winning a fight, the fanboys need to wank him as hard as they can as if that will somehow magically alter the outcome?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayfournines

@BlueComet said:

I'm thinking Batman wins this one through a hard fight of course but still Batman.

shhhh you're not supposed to saaaaay, you created the battle lol

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Baldy

Batman wins...

...purely because if enough people say it I think Bane might go postal and start pitying some fools.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BlueComet

@Jayfournines said:

@BlueComet said:

shhhh you're not supposed to saaaaay, you created the battle lol

Oh sorry.

@Baldy said:

Batman wins...

...purely because if enough people say it I think Bane might go postal and start pitying some fools.

Wth?

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

@BlueComet said:

Batman does have full knowledge on how to use the GL ring. Why else would he go out and pick a fight with Superman?

Good, thats what I thought.

@Jayfournines said:

Here's the thing though, you cannot expect me to take serious the fact that Batman can outlantern Green Lantern just because he resisted mind control that The Spectre could not resist. The Spectre. THE. SPECTRE. The right handf of God. That alone, just like Batman punching Superman and making him bleed is PIS, and I know you know it's PIS cause we've talked before and you're a very smart person, you give great opinions except when Batman is involved cause, my friend, you are biased as hell when it comes to Batman...to the point where you are nitpicking on the wording to give Batman a prep advantage that The OP does not state. Like in any other thread on comic vine, if it says in the OP "so and so has prep" then the character in question has prep...if it doesn't say, you cannot "imply" cause of the wording this and that...and again, you know it.

And again, when all is said and done and Batman's willpower and Green Lantern's will and all...he's still not bringing down a bloodlusted Superman who's not holding back.

Actually Batman's willpower is not PIS because it is consistently portrayed as extremely powerful, and beyond even the Spectre. And considering that DC has clearly made public statements about his willpower.

And no, I am not as biased as you think (Perhaps we are both biased to a degree), without the Green Lantern ring, Batman would get crushed.

A Bloodlusted Batman with full knowledge of the Green Lantern ring would be able to bring Superman down. Because as you mentioned he could create Kryptonite with the ring.

@throughmyeyez said:

I AM SO ***** SICK OF BATMAN BEING PITTED AGAINST PEOPLE WHO WOULD MOP DA FLOOR WIT HIM.

And I am sick of people underestimating characters, especially Green Lanterns.

@CitizenBane said:

Despite the fact that Bruce has no experience with a GL ring whatsoever, no demonstrated skill feats with a GL ring that exceed any of the other Green Lanterns, no demonstrated experience with superpowers that exceed Superman's own familiarity with them, and no counter at all for a morals off Superman being ridiculously faster than he could ever be and thus capable of tearing his head off before he could even think to use the ring, I am supposed to assume that Bruce has a chance........because he's Batman?

Is there some rule here that if Batman realistically has no hope of winning a fight, the fanboys need to wank him as hard as they can as if that will somehow magically alter the outcome?

This fight is not dependent on Demonstrated skill feats with the Green Lantern Ring. We can image that Under these conditions, with Batman having full knowledge of the ring's power that he is fully capable of doing everything Kyle or Hal would do. Do you not realize that Batman is Bloodlusted as well? Batman clearly has better fighting skills and clearly has more willpower than any other member of the Justice League, including the other Lanterns.

Superman is not ridiculously faster than a Green Lantern. Faster? Yes. But not to ridiculous extremes.

With the Green Lantern ring, Superman could not simply tear Batman's head off. Green Lanterns have fought opponents as strong as Superman and can take their strikes and hits.

Are you seriously suggesting that Green Lanterns are push overs against Superman? And are you saying Superman can take down Hal or Kyle or John or Guy easily as well?

Seriously, I think you underestimate Green Lanterns

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ComicStooge

@CitizenBane said:

@ComicStooge said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman effortlessly.

No, he has just has high enough willpower, creativity and intellect to make it seem as though he'd be a good ring slinger and especially considering in the OP is says he actually does know how to use it properly. Also the ring has a setting that attacks anything the user can't react to, so it's a fair guess to say he'd have that activated.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Moon_Bat_87 said: 

Actually Batman's willpower is not PIS because it is consistently portrayed as extremely powerful, and beyond even the Spectre. And considering that DC has clearly made public statements about his willpower.

......I don't even know what to say to that. 
BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlueComet

@Wolfrazer said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Then don't.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Wolfrazer
@BlueComet said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Then don't.

Snippy aren't you? :P
Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@ComicStooge said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman effortlessly.

LOL I don't understand it either..............

for some reason people seem to think Bats can hang with Superman level characters, hate to break it to Batman fans but without PIS he can't

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ComicStooge

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@ComicStooge said:

@CitizenBane said:

Superman effortlessly.

LOL I don't understand it either..............

for some reason people seem to think Bats can hang with Superman level characters, hate to break it to Batman fans but without PIS he can't

Under normal circumstances yes, he would stand no chance against Superman level characters, but he actually does have a GL ring in this scenario, and that gives him at least a chance.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ComicStooge: It does give him a chance but not much, he'd have a better chance if Supes wasn't blood lusted but he is so Bats still loses

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By YoungJustice

Isn't locked yet. I'm shocked.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ComicStooge

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

@ComicStooge: It does give him a chance but not much, he'd have a better chance if Supes wasn't blood lusted but he is so Bats still loses

Fair enough.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungJustice said:

Isn't locked yet. I'm shocked.

Of course it's not locked. Superman may win but it isn't a stomp or mismatch.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By YoungJustice

Not for mismatch. I mean for repeat.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BlueComet

@YoungJustice: I'm pretty sure no one else has done a Superman vs GL Batman thread.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ratman19

i dont know how this thread got so long. but it seems like bat fanboys are still trying to make a case for batman

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By cuddles666

Batman wins because a) the GL ring enables lightspeed travel [transportation to/from Oa] and creates constructs at the speed of thought and b) the ring is fueled by willpower. With willpower alone [without the ring], Batman has trained to achieve virtually superhuman athleticism, martial arts skills, tactics, and god knows whatever scientific experties go with that. By comparison, Hal Jordan flies planes without the ring...and that's about it.

Batman reduces the Man of Steel to a pulpy smear on the edge of the universe.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BlueComet

@ratman19: There's plenty to work with seeing as how he has a GL ring. You don't need to be a fanboy to see that Batman has a biig advantage, he has tons of knowledge on Clark, full access to the rings power and the element of suprise.

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ratman19

@BlueComet: yes, but supes has beaten Hal Jordan who has more will than batman. the OP says no prep so superman has an even bigger advantage.

@cuddles666: batmans physical skills are like poo in comparison to supermans physical advantage. Hal Jordan still has more will than batman since Hal was chosen as a Green Lantern first. superman has easily beaten Hal Jordan. i think supes wins this

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BlueComet

@ratman19: Batman has a GL ring and the element of surprise, he doesn't need prep and he has the bigger advantage strategy wise.

@cuddles666: batmans physical skills are like poo in comparison to supermans physical advantage.

Even while the ring amplifies his physical prowess? If Batman was strong enough to hurt Superman using the venom drug then he can do a ton of damage using the ring. Hal doesn't have the martial arts skills Batman has. Normally this is irrelevant but with the ring Batman is physically strong and fast enough to hurt Superman so his fighting skills make a huge difference.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By cuddles666

@ratman19 said:

@BlueComet: yes, but supes has beaten Hal Jordan who has more will than batman. the OP says no prep so superman has an even bigger advantage.

@cuddles666: batmans physical skills are like poo in comparison to supermans physical advantage. Hal Jordan still has more will than batman since Hal was chosen as a Green Lantern first. superman has easily beaten Hal Jordan. i think supes wins this

Agreed. But I'm talking about Batman's mental advantage, because the ring converts willpower and ideas into weapons, which in Batman's case, grants him near-godlike abilities.

As for the ring choosing Hal over Bruce, Abin Sur crashlanded near Coast City, so the nearest GL candidate was Hal Jordan (because Batman was probably on the East Coast in Gotham or somewhere in Asia learning martial arts). Also, Bruce already had a mission and a purpose to his life, which meant that he wasn't nearly as likely to sign up with the Corps. anyway.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Like I said, Without prep How is Batman gonna win???? GL's ring will not effect supes whatsoever...

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ratman19

@cuddles666: Hal is still considered the greatest Green Lantern. so if supes can beat Hal easily i think he would be able to beat Bruce pretty easily to.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BlueComet

@TERMINATORXX: What proof do have that a GL ring doesn't effect superman?

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ratman19

@BlueComet: Hal still has more experience. superman has shown he is able to break the constructs

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94  Edited By InfamousFish

Oh, all the arguments.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Superman

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@BlueComet said:

@TERMINATORXX: What proof do have that a GL ring doesn't effect superman?

Well why would it effect Superman?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jayfournines

@cuddles666 said:

@ratman19 said:

Agreed. But I'm talking about Batman's mental advantage, because the ring converts willpower and ideas into weapons, which in Batman's case, grants him near-godlike abilities.

As for the ring choosing Hal over Bruce, Abin Sur crashlanded near Coast City, so the nearest GL candidate was Hal Jordan (because Batman was probably on the East Coast in Gotham or somewhere in Asia learning martial arts). Also, Bruce already had a mission and a purpose to his life, which meant that he wasn't nearly as likely to sign up with the Corps. anyway.

Actually the ring picked two candidates with the strongest willpower of earth, one was Hal, who was indeed chosen cause he was closer....and the other one? Guy Gardner.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NerdsFTW

Superman has shattered John's constructs before, he'll have no problem doing it here.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By thespideyguy
@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Current Superman?

Either Superman wins, New 52 beat the sh*t out of Hal so easy

But  this isn't hal
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Saren

The ring chose Hal over Bruce because his will is superior. End of story. Go cry about it.