• 161 results
#1 Edited by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman decides to take a trip to the fortress of solitude and kick Superman's @$$. Normally Batman would be killed with the flick of a finger but there is a catch:

He's got a GL ring and he is fully trained with it.

Morals Off. Fight to the death.

New 52 Superman vs GL Batman

#2 Posted by Shawnbaby (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Superman?

#3 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Current Superman?

Either Superman wins, New 52 beat the sh*t out of Hal so easy

#4 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. He would simply be too powerful with the Green Lantern ring. In fact I remember it being said that he would be the most powerful Lantern ever.

#5 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87: no that title belongs to alan scott(despite being not being an actual green lantern)

Superman wins.

#6 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted Supes would knock him into the sun

#7 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#8 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

l@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Current Superman?

Yes that is true. But Batman would be a significantly more powerful Green Lantern.

This would be a great fight, but Batman wins.

#9 Edited by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Current Superman?

Yep. New 52

#10 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind, Batman with the Ring broke through Monarchs armour.

Nearly all Green Lantern Batman feats come from The Darkest Knight, and I dont have any scans of that.

Also DC has on multiple occasions announced that Batman would in fact be extremely powerful if he had the ring. And that is why they dont give it to him.

#11 Posted by Erik (31777 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done.

#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, Apparently Batman can already hit Superman hard enough to draw blood

#13 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Batman wins. He would simply be too powerful with the Green Lantern ring. In fact I remember it being said that he would be the most powerful Lantern ever.

Batman would be no more powerful than Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, or Kyle Rayner, who are the five main Green Lanterns in the comics. And I'm pretty sure Superman can beat all of them.

#15 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Batman would be no more powerful than Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, or Kyle Rayner, who are the five main Green Lanterns in the comics. And I'm pretty sure Superman can beat all of them.

New 52 both I assume? unfair to pair Pre 52 Batman against New 52 supes since one has got many more feats than the other. In any case, there is a reason why Hal was chosen as the Green Lantern, his will is the strongest on earth. Batman would not be a better GL than Hal merely because his will (while formidable) is not as immense as Hal's.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

New 52 both I assume? unfair to pair Pre 52 Batman against New 52 supes since one has got many more feats than the other. In any case, there is a reason why Hal was chosen as the Green Lantern, his will is the strongest on earth. Batman would not be a better GL than Hal merely because his will (while formidable) is not as immense as Hal's.

OP never specified which versions, either way it matters little as both New 52 Supes along with Pre- 52 Supes could beat the strongest of the Green Lanterns, so whichever version Clark should still win.

Unless Batman can use the ring to make Kryptonite. I've seen Hal and others do it before, but some on this site have argued that's it's not legible. Either way if the ring is capable of doing this, Batman would win as he can fall back on the rings other abilities to play defense/keep away while the Kryptonite slowly kills Supes.

#17 Posted by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

But his Intelligence and imagination are far superior.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueComet said:

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

But his Intelligence and imagination are far superior.

100%, completely, absolutely FALSE. Intelligence he's probably superior in, but that matters little when using a Green Lantern ring. Willpower and creativity are the needed factors, something the 5 main Green Lanterns are superior to Batman in.

#19 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (453 posts) - - Show Bio

GL's ring being green could be a sign of kryptonite...lol

With prep Batman owns Superman.

#20 Posted by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Revenge_Of_Chucky said:

No prep and No Kryptonite.

#21 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueComet said:

@Revenge_Of_Chucky said:

No prep and No Kryptonite.

Hasn't Batman beaten the crap out of Superman in his insider suit?

#22 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jayfournines said:

@Shawnbaby said:

Current Superman?

he has justice league #2
#23 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (901 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought batman relied on fear... How would he even wield the power ring?

#24 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the ring could even effect Superman...AT ALL.... Without prep, Batman has no way of harming Superman...........

#25 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

batman always wins

#26 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Batman is the one starting the fight we know he has prep. GL Batman is pre new 52 and I don't believe 52 Superman is as powerful as pre new 52 superman, yet anyway. You read the meme the goddamn Green Lantern Batman is OVERPOWERED

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goldenboy_Prime said:

Considering Batman is the one starting the fight we know he has prep. GL Batman is pre new 52 and I don't believe 52 Superman is as powerful as pre new 52 superman, yet anyway. You read the meme the goddamn Green Lantern Batman is OVERPOWERED

New 52 Superman, though not as powerful as pre 52 Superman, was still capable of abusing Hal Jordan. If Superman has already beaten one of the best GLs, there is no reason to say Batman will fair any better.

Give him any amount of prep at all, be it 5 minutes or 2 years and yes, GL Batman will win. But without any prep, he'll probably lose.

#28 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goldenboy_Prime said:

If the OP does not state that prep is involved, then there is NO prep. Also, 5 minutes prep with a GL ring would get Batman stomped, not even Hal was a proper ring slinger the first 5 min. he wore the ring.

#29 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Actually he would be more powerful because DC has made public statements stating that he would be.

@nickzambuto said:

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

OP never specified which versions, either way it matters little as both New 52 Supes along with Pre- 52 Supes could beat the strongest of the Green Lanterns, so whichever version Clark should still win.

Unless Batman can use the ring to make Kryptonite. I've seen Hal and others do it before, but some on this site have argued that's it's not legible. Either way if the ring is capable of doing this, Batman would win as he can fall back on the rings other abilities to play defense/keep away while the Kryptonite slowly kills Supes.

It is the current versions per Battle Forum rules of non-specification.

New 52 Batman can make Superman bleed. If you add the Green Lantern ring to the mix, Batman would control the fight.

@nickzambuto said:

100%, completely, absolutely FALSE. Intelligence he's probably superior in, but that matters little when using a Green Lantern ring. Willpower and creativity are the needed factors, something the 5 main Green Lanterns are superior to Batman in.

No way, Batman's willpower has demonstratively been proven to be superior to the main 4 Lanterns, perhaps not Alan Scott.

But again we are talking about New 52, and if Batman can fight Superman and make him bleed without the ring, Batman wins.

#30 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Actually he would be more powerful because DC has made public statements stating that he would be.

@nickzambuto said:

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

New 52 Batman can make Superman bleed. If you add the Green Lantern ring to the mix, Batman would control the fight.

@nickzambuto said:

No way, Batman's willpower has demonstratively been proven to be superior to the main 4 Lanterns, perhaps not Alan Scott.

But again we are talking about New 52, and if Batman can fight Superman and make him bleed without the ring, Batman wins.

Batman making Superman bleed while on Venom was IMMENSE PIS and you know it lol. On the other hand, I cannot agree on Bruce having a stronger willpower than Hal merely because it would make Hal obsolete. His whole schtick is willpower (it would be like making someone faster than Flash...then what's the point). Guy, Kyle, John and Hal have more willpower than Batman, perhaps not by a large margin, maybe by just a tad.

Also, has it been proven that Bats' will is superior to Hal's? is there a scan or something where it is stated?

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (13053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Jayfournines said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@nickzambuto said:

1.) BS. Show me this statement by DC saying Batman is the strongest Green Lantern, because I do not believe it. Do you realize how much of an uproar that would cause against DC by the Green Lantern fans? No, unless you link me to wherever you heard this, I can't believe it.

2.) Batman only made Superman bleed when he was pumped up on venom, the drug Bane uses. Even then it was PIS, as since the New-52 started Superman has taken far more powerful hits.

3.) Batman's willpower has not been proven to be stronger than any Green Lantern. Hal Jordan was strong enough to override the rings saftey protocols and kill a guardian. Jon Stewart overloaded the rings power output by recreated an entire galaxy.

Fact remains that when the ring was let lose to choose the strongest person on Earth, it didn't choose Batman. That one fact right there proves Hal Jordan is stronger than him. If Batman had more willpower than Hal, why didn't it go to Bruce Wayne?

And again, Batman never made Superman bleed in the New 52. He pumped himself full of venom, THEN made him bleed. And that was PIS.

#32 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Batman making Superman bleed while on Venom was IMMENSE PIS and you know it lol. On the other hand, I cannot agree on Bruce having a stronger willpower than Hal merely because it would make Hal obsolete. His whole schtick is willpower (it would be like making someone faster than Flash...then what's the point). Guy, Kyle, John and Hal have more willpower than Batman, perhaps not by a large margin, maybe by just a tad.

Also, has it been proven that Bats' will is superior to Hal's? is there a scan or something where it is stated?

Nudge who has the ability to use mind control and invoke psychological hallucinations has no effect on Batman. Nudge's powers are powerful enough to control Superman:

When attacked by Black, Batman is able to resist, when all the rest of the Justice League gives in:

Batman is able to resist the Yellow Ring and Free himself:

In the Spectre series, Soul War, Batman is able to resist mind control, hallucinations, and psychic attacks that none of the other Justice League can resist, including Spectre himself.

#33 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Batman has never beaten Superman in anything canon anyways, plus Batman always had prep.... based on the op he has green laterns ring and I dont see that effecting supes whatsoever...........Batman also doesnt get prep in this battle so their is no slight way for Bats to win this....I love Batman alot more than Superman, never cared that much for Supes, but Superman takes this hands down.

#34 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

said:

New 52 Superman, though not as powerful as pre 52 Superman, was still capable of abusing Hal Jordan. If Superman has already beaten one of the best GLs, there is no reason to say Batman will fair any better.

Give him any amount of prep at all, be it 5 minutes or 2 years and yes, GL Batman will win. But without any prep, he'll probably lose.

said:

If the OP does not state that prep is involved, then there is NO prep. Also, 5 minutes prep with a GL ring would get Batman stomped, not even Hal was a proper ring slinger the first 5 min. he wore the ring.

Huge Batman fan but he should not be able to make Superman bleed, unless kryptonite is involved.

#35 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Nudge who has the ability to use mind control and invoke psychological hallucinations has no effect on Batman. Nudge's powers are powerful enough to control Superman:

When attacked by Black, Batman is able to resist, when all the rest of the Justice League gives in:

Batman is able to resist the Yellow Ring and Free himself:

None of that proves Batman has a higher will than Hal Jordan. First scan Hal is not there, second scan Hal is not there, third scan Hal is not there (also, Hal has gotten over all the emotional spectrum rings). Again, I am not saying Batman's will is not tremendous (because it is), but he certainly is not on the level of Hal who has (on many ocasions) been referred to as the man with the strongest willpower.

Also, it takes training to master a Green Lantern ring, hence why new recruits go to train with Killowog. batman does not get prep nor time to master the ring, he goes down in a fight against Superman with no prep.

#36 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I just saw that it's moral off.

Morals off Superman is a freakin' beast. He KILLS Batman instantly.

#37 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

I posted Scans that included Hal Jordan as Spectre. I edited them into my post above.

Also Hal gave Batman the ring before, and without hardly any training Batman was able to summon two constructs of his parents.

Also this fight presupposes that Batman has had time with the ring, not that he just received it one minute ago.

#38 Posted by Wolfrazer (6112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moon_Bat_87:  Sorry but that second statement is just....wow...hardly any training and he could form constructs?.... Ugh...DC writers, I like Batman but really...you guys need to give him limitations on what he can/can't do.
#39 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

I posted Scans that included Hal Jordan as Spectre. I edited them into my post above.

Also Hal gave Batman the ring before, and without hardly any training Batman was able to summon two constructs of his parents.

Also this fight presupposes that Batman has had time with the ring, not that he just received it one minute ago.

You are right, Hal gave Bats the ring just in case...cause Hal was not gonna use it anymore. Also, Batman summoned a construct, so did Green Arrow; summoning a construct is not the point, maintaining the construct while a bloodlusted Superman pounds the crap out of it is another thing.

The fight does not presuppose anything, if the OP does not specifically state that there is prep or training involved then it does not happen, standard Comic Vine rule.

#40 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has no prep, he only has Green Laterns ring... Someone please tell me how GL's ring will effect Superman?

Batman also has no prep... Superman easily wins...

#41 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

You are right, Hal gave Bats the ring just in case...cause Hal was not gonna use it anymore. Also, Batman summoned a construct, so did Green Arrow; summoning a construct is not the point, maintaining the construct while a bloodlusted Superman pounds the crap out of it is another thing.

The fight does not presuppose anything, if the OP does not specifically state that there is prep or training involved then it does not happen, standard Comic Vine rule.

Actually yes it does, Batman has obtained the Green Lantern ring, and it is within reason that he did not just acquire it and is going in without ever having used it before. He is on a mission: "Batman decides to take a trip to the fortress of solitude and kick Superman's @$$." He has already prepared by obtaining the ring, and we can assume how to use it. Batman decided to enter into this fight, it is not a random encounter.

Also did you check out those scans with Spectre?

#42 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Actually yes it does, Batman has obtained the Green Lantern ring, and it is within reason that he did not just acquire it and is going in without ever having used it before. He is on a mission: "Batman decides to take a trip to the fortress of solitude and kick Superman's @$$." He has already prepared by obtaining the ring, and we can assume how to use it. Batman decided to enter into this fight, it is not a random encounter.

Also did you check out those scans with Spectre?

I saw the scans, Batman still doesn't have more willpower than Hal otherwise a ring would have chosen him a long time ago. Again, you can say that Batman has prep, but if the OP doesn't specifically say "Batman has prep" then he does not have prep, it's a simple comic vine rule dude, it's anchored in one of those topicsl

Either way, Batman with a GL ring is not bringing down a bloodlusted Superman

#43 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Also, Apparently Batman can already hit Superman hard enough to draw blood

LOL

#44 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

I saw the scans, Batman still doesn't have more willpower than Hal otherwise a ring would have chosen him a long time ago. Again, you can say that Batman has prep, but if the OP doesn't specifically say "Batman has prep" then he does not have prep, it's a simple comic vine rule dude, it's anchored in one of those topicsl

So when presented with evidence that Batman clearly has more willpower than even Hal Jordan as Spectre by escaping a situation that no one else could based on pure willpower, and you still say that he does not have more willpower than Hal Jordan? Okay thats fine, your entitled to your opinion. And I seriously do respect your opinion.

Additionally when someone uses the words "decides" that means they have made a decision to do something, and unless Batman is an idiot, he is going to not just make decisions without preparation. When I decide to do something, lets say build a birdhouse, I gather (prepare) my materials to follow up with my decision. Or lets say Person A decides to Fight Person B, they are going to gather up their things (prepare) and head out for the fight.

I have read the forum rules, and had this been a random encounter, I would be obliged to agree with you and flag the topic because it would be a stomp.

However unless careless wording choices were made, the word decides by all rights means there was some preparation. Notice also that the Original Post did not say Zero Preparation, it said Batman decided to go and fight.

#45 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

So when presented with evidence that Batman clearly has more willpower than even Hal Jordan as Spectre by escaping a situation that no one else could based on pure willpower, and you still say that he does not have more willpower than Hal Jordan? Okay thats fine, your entitled to your opinion. And I seriously do respect your opinion.

Additionally when someone uses the words "decides" that means they have made a decision to do something, and unless Batman is an idiot, he is going to not just make decisions without preparation. When I decide to do something, lets say build a birdhouse, I gather (prepare) my materials to follow up with my decision. Or lets say Person A decides to Fight Person B, they are going to gather up their things (prepare) and head out for the fight.

I have read the forum rules, and had this been a random encounter, I would be obliged to agree with you and flag the topic because it would be a stomp.

However unless careless wording choices were made, the word decides by all rights means there was some preparation. Notice also that the Original Post did not say Zero Preparation, it said Batman decided to go and fight.

Here's the thing though, you cannot expect me to take serious the fact that Batman can outlantern Green Lantern just because he resisted mind control that The Spectre could not resist. The Spectre. THE. SPECTRE. The right handf of God. That alone, just like Batman punching Superman and making him bleed is PIS, and I know you know it's PIS cause we've talked before and you're a very smart person, you give great opinions except when Batman is involved cause, my friend, you are biased as hell when it comes to Batman...to the point where you are nitpicking on the wording to give Batman a prep advantage that The OP does not state. Like in any other thread on comic vine, if it says in the OP "so and so has prep" then the character in question has prep...if it doesn't say, you cannot "imply" cause of the wording this and that...and again, you know it.

And again, when all is said and done and Batman's willpower and Green Lantern's will and all...he's still not bringing down a bloodlusted Superman who's not holding back.

#46 Posted by Libertyprime (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Kinasin when you need him?

#47 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2699 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beats the sh!t out of Bats with or w/o prep

#48 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Here's the thing though, you cannot expect me to take serious the fact that Batman can outlantern Green Lantern just because he resisted mind control that The Spectre could not resist. The Spectre. THE. SPECTRE. The right handf of God. That alone, just like Batman punching Superman and making him bleed is PIS, and I know you know it's PIS cause we've talked before and you're a very smart person, you give great opinions except when Batman is involved cause, my friend, you are biased as hell when it comes to Batman...to the point where you are nitpicking on the wording to give Batman a prep advantage that The OP does not state. Like in any other thread on comic vine, if it says in the OP "so and so has prep" then the character in question has prep...if it doesn't say, you cannot "imply" cause of the wording this and that...and again, you know it.

And again, when all is said and done and Batman's willpower and Green Lantern's will and all...he's still not bringing down a bloodlusted Superman who's not holding back.

also enlighten me on the whole willpower thing, didn't Hal have the most powerful will in the universe or am I wrong and Batman is indeed more willfull?

#49 Posted by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman does have full knowledge on how to use the GL ring. Why else would he go out and pick a fight with Superman?

#50 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueComet said:

@Jayfournines said:

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

@Jayfournines said:

Batman does have full knowledge on how to use the GL ring. Why else would he go out and pick a fight with Superman?

haha, something that should have been included in the OP my friend.

Alright then, under those circumstances, with Batman having mastery of the Green Lantern ring. Does he have prep time? A plan concocted or something like that? Or his plan is "attain mastery of the ring...then kick alien ass?