Superman Vs Batman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Battle:Superman Vs Batman

I was just thinking that this might make a good article here on comicvine. We could classify it under "Concepts". What do you all think?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Works for me. They have done it a few times and it seems to be a perennial topic among comic book fans.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

That's what I was thinking. I want to make sure we are as complete a site as we can be (even if we are only 2.5 months old now).

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I am amazed at how much is on here in so short a time and how much its grown in the month or so I've been here. I'll be the first with my two cents, I think Superman would win any day and anything else is crazy talk ;)

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

Batman would win anyday and all the rest is crazy talk.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Batman has never won, or come close to winning unless Frank Miller wrote it and it's out of continuity.

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Is this for real Superman hands down

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Well if someone beats me to it fine, but we should have a page dedicated to this topic covering any issues that have actually dealt with the topic, and create an image gallery.

Ciatly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ciatly

I say batman would win with his swift movements and crazy gadgets...

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By speed

Post Deleted.

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By speed

Ciatly says:

"I say batman would win with his swift movements and crazy gadgets..."

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The WeatherMan

Yea, seems about right. I would still vote for Batman though. He knows weaknesses of every super hero in Justice League, he knows perfectly how to bring them down. It has been said in one of the Justice League issues. I think it has even been proven.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

seems about right

Intervener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Intervener

speed says:

"Ciatly says:
"I say batman would win with his swift movements and crazy gadgets..."

"

Totally sums it up!

Intervener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Intervener

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"That's what I was thinking. I want to make sure we are as complete a site as we can be (even if we are only 2.5 months old now)."

THAT'S IT!?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Al Ghul did steal Batman's plans and use them. They (obviously) beat him, with very little help from the caped cruscader.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Batman would invent an Anti-Superman spray.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nameless one

As much as it sickens me to say

I would have to vote superman for victory.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Batman with less than a day's prep. He could find Zoom, bribe or threaten him to get him to hop on the cosmic treadmill and take them both to the past, when Superman was just arriving. He'd take the boy back to the present, erasing the current version. Then the poison he put in Zoom (when they shook hands after sealing the deal before the trip) would kill him and Batman would get rid of the body. When Superman grew up a little, Batman would dress him up and make him his Robin. Batman would eventually die and Superman would inherit all his stuff and become the new Batman.

Really though, Superman.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zero edge

I started to sit here and think for awhile about a scenario where Batman would win if they started fighting out of the blue... couldn't think of anything lol.

Dr_Gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dr_Gee

zeroEDGE says:

"I started to sit here and think for awhile about a scenario where Batman would win if they started fighting out of the blue... couldn't think of anything lol."

thats because it would never happen..batmans still awesome though

Hervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hervs

Batman definitely

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

The point of this thread was to see if anyone knows enough about the subject ("Batman vs Superman") historically... and see if we have any volumteers to create a new article about it. Create it as a concept page: http://www.comicvine.com/submission-guidelines/40430/

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nameless one

Buckshot says:

"Batman with less than a day's prep. He could find Zoom, bribe or threaten him to get him to hop on the cosmic treadmill and take them both to the past, when Superman was just arriving. He'd take the boy back to the present, erasing the current version. Then the poison he put in Zoom (when they shook hands after sealing the deal before the trip) would kill him and Batman would get rid of the body. When Superman grew up a little, Batman would dress him up and make him his Robin. Batman would eventually die and Superman would inherit all his stuff and become the new Batman.Really though, Superman."

Buck correct me if I am wrong but I do believe there is a comic book out there where Super Man and Batman swap lives

in other words what happens to Batmans parents happends to Superman instead

I am pretty sure it exists

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. i don't need a reason. He's Batman.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Icoop

Red Lamp says:

The point of this thread was to see if anyone knows enough about the subject ("Batman vs Superman") historically... and see if we have any volumteers to create a new article about it. Create it as a concept page: http://www.comicvine.com/submission-guidelines/40430/

but should it be titled "Batman vs. Superman" or "Superman vs. Batman"?

I could easily do the Frank Miller Elseworlds part of the page, even get some pictures for it.

Theres also a Batman Beyond battle between the two I could do, but I'm not sure how canon that really is seeing as its from a TV show...suppose it is just another Elseworlds though.. I know there are others I just don't know anything about them.

Post Edited:2007-04-04 13:39:03

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll do the page, but I'm goin to finish the SHIELD article first.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Methos

some of the best battles between Superman and Batman are in Dark Knight Returns, admitadly Batman had help and a battlesuit but he did take down Superman. he had addequate prep time to work something out.

if superman just went nuts and went for batman physically or using his heat vision, Bat's would just be a smear on Supermans boot.

If Superman attacked Bat's in his cave, and he had addequate prep time he might come out victorious, though it would be a very close battle.

overall my money's on Superman for this one...

M

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Icoop

We all know Bat's has a chunk of kryptonite the size of Rhode Island he keeps down in the Batcave just for such an occasion :P. And I don't seriously believe batman could ever take down Superman without aid from another, a la Ollie in DKR, or the JL in that Batman beyond ep. :P

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Methos

bat's does have access to at least one peice of Green K, he also has been working on synthesising Red K, maybe he worked on others too...

wouldn't surprise me if his boots or gloves had Green K fitten in them, just lined with removable lead strip shielding...

M
Post Edited:2007-04-04 13:45:26

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Walkingstone

Plus his mask and everything is lead-lined, not to mention he's just so much more ruthless

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Methos

yeah but it'll go to a stalemate in the end, neither Superman or Batman are willing to kill, so the fight would go n forever.

M

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Icoop
shamgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shamgar

superman is the all power full hero. in one comic he gets to the point that green kryptonite dose not hurt him

Patriotress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Patriotress

There have been quite a few times where Bats has handed it to Supes and Frank Miller wasnt writing...

That said, Supes's power has varied a lot more than Bats over the years.

Could Bats beat the Supes who pushes planets out of orbit and turns back time by going faster than the speed of light? Er. No.

Could Bats beat a "Superman Returns" or animated "JLU" Supes?

Yea. I reckon so.

Myself, I prefer the versions (which are many) where Bats just has to hold him off long enough for some other part of his plan to truly save the day.

And although it doesn't have much to do w/ Bats Vs Supes, I love the part in Batman and Superman comic (don't remember issue or story arc really, since i rarely read a complete arc) where Bats fights Darkseid (and I'd rate Darkseid and Supes similarly in power levels), and wins essentially by threatening to blow up the planet...

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sync

are you kidding, face the facts, brains beat strenght anyday of weak, even i HATE TO sAY that. much less in bat vs sups fight

batman beat superman because he can out think him, and out fight him(PERIOD)

thats his mo/style.. his will use enough to hurt you.

super can think a little but thats not his MO/style.. he a boy scout, just enough not to hurt

not to sound lame.. but if you take super man power away with red sun techology,

can superman out fight him..NO,much less out think him.

If you even add kyponite to the siuation, than superman loses.

Superman =thug/hulk he smashes fly though bombs and beats the bad guy up.

BAtman looks at them and they say of $^^&, and right as the batrang hit them in the eye.

supergirl current issues (3 back now) batgirls puts a beating on her using redsun tech

Superman/batman current issues shows the full effect kyponite has on superman

superman/batman where poison ivy takes over superman, and has him fight batman cleary shows even without kyponite, that batman knows superman moves, and even states that the diffence bewteen him and clark.

Hell even as said above by cosmic, ral gul(the demon head) STOLE batman plans and put superman doen with BATS plan.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sync

ALso i have to say shamgar is right"in kingdom come" lex luthur states"that k(kyponite) does not have the same effect on a OLDER superman, who has soaked up more sun, built immunity little by little from it and is in his prime of his life"

but we not comparing version or we?

also in dc even one seems to get k for some reason or another?

yeah the part in superman/batman where bat takes on darkseid its gold, he stops darkseid cold.." darkseid states that humans kill their own, and KNOWS bats WILL do it"

Could sup do a that with all his powers.. ???

how about superman vs new supergirl...booo her booooo (LOL)

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Walkingstone

Definitely agree that it's brais over brawn. As for Kara vs Superman? Haven't they hinted that she's more powerful than he is? Or did I miss something

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sync

that out to lunch,(crazy writters)

in later issues super states that she thinks shes faster than him, and from what he has seen that shes not (this is in the super/batman issues)

it is unclear as to superman lets her thinks see is stronger or if she is more stronger

the story of her arriving on earth with yellow sun ray ship..doe snot explain much either.

worst they keep on stating that she "may" be, and know she has like cystal things in her that can come out of her and hurt stuff (crazy wriiters)

the house of el is like nutso (LOL)

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sync

later on in the issues super says that from what he seen, that she is not faster? was he lying or buffing?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zero edge

Walkingstone says:

"Definitely agree that it's brais over brawn. As for Kara vs Superman? Haven't they hinted that she's more powerful than he is? Or did I miss something"

Yeah they have already shown she is faster and stronger because when she was in suspended animation her ship has yellow sun, so she was exposed to yellow sun longer then Superman.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

This is all good stuff guys. I dont think we need to say who would win or lose in the article, we just need to present the comic history facts in a co-herent manner.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"This is all good stuff guys. I dont think we need to say who would win or lose in the article, we just need to present the comic history facts in a co-herent manner."

Ok, but one last thing.

Sync says:

"are you kidding, face the facts, brains beat strenght anyday of weak, even i HATE TO sAY that. much less in bat vs sups fightbatman beat superman because he can out think him, and out fight him(PERIOD)thats his mo/style.. his will use enough to hurt you.super can think a little but thats not his MO/style.. he a boy scout, just enough not to hurtnot to sound lame.. but if you take super man power away with red sun techology,can superman out fight him..NO,much less out think him.If you even add kyponite to the siuation, than superman loses.Superman =thug/hulk he smashes fly though bombs and beats the bad guy up.BAtman looks at them and they say of $^^&, and right as the batrang hit them in the eye.supergirl current issues (3 back now) batgirls puts a beating on her using redsun techSuperman/batman current issues shows the full effect kyponite has on supermansuperman/batman where poison ivy takes over superman, and has him fight batman cleary shows even without kyponite, that batman knows superman moves, and even states that the diffence bewteen him and clark.Hell even as said above by cosmic, ral gul(the demon head) STOLE batman plans and put superman doen with BATS plan."

Sync says:

"ALso i have to say shamgar is right"in kingdom come" lex luthur states"that k(kyponite) does not have the same effect on a OLDER superman, who has soaked up more sun, built immunity little by little from it and is in his prime of his life"but we not comparing version or we?also in dc even one seems to get k for some reason or another?yeah the part in superman/batman where bat takes on darkseid its gold, he stops darkseid cold.." darkseid states that humans kill their own, and KNOWS bats WILL do it"Could sup do a that with all his powers.. ???how about superman vs new supergirl...booo her booooo (LOL)"

Batman is no more willing to kill than Superman is (normally, not when he's pushed over the edge in the heat of battle), and if you think he was actually going to destroy a planet full of people that time he "fought" Darkseid, you don't know Batman. If, for this fight though, Batman is willing to kill, there's no reason Superman should remain limited to nonfatal tactics. Without prep, Batman loses. With prep(but no outside help) he still loses. While Batman is sitting in the Batcave building stuff and planning ways to win, Superman could be chillin in the sun. If Kingdom Come Supes was immune to Kryptonite because he absorbed so much (while on Earth) over the years, wouldn't bathing in the sun do the same thing, but faster? That really doesn't matter though. It's not like Kryptonite instantly kills Superman or anything. I've showed in another thread multiple instances where he's ignored the effects of Green K (and even a red sun at one point). Kryptonite hurts/weakens him, but it doesn't work nearly fast enough for it to stop Superman from killing Bruce. What's to stop Superman from just zapping Batman with heat rays from space? Or flicking pebbles at him from orbit? Or just blasting through him with super speed?

zeroEDGE says:

"Walkingstone says:
"Definitely agree that it's brais over brawn. As for Kara vs Superman? Haven't they hinted that she's more powerful than he is? Or did I miss something"

Yeah they have already shown she is faster and stronger because when she was in suspended animation her ship has yellow sun, so she was exposed to yellow sun longer then Superman."

Damn if I know which comic it's in, but there's a part where they're flying and she's going faster than him and there's some kind of comment or thought made that questions who is actually faster. Later, in a following comic, Superman references that flight/race and says that he could have stopped her at any time, and also that's he's more powerful than her, he just always hold back.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Walkingstone

It was the Supergirl comic, issues 1 through 6, where they discuss that, collected together in the Supergirl: Power graphic novel. I haven't finished reading it, which is why I wasn't sure if she was really more powerful or not. Thank you for clarifying that point for me, Buckshot

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zero edge

Oh yeah haha I forgot about that... been so long since I've read it.

Captain Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Captain Atom

Most on panel fights are PIS. Superman has batman beat in every aspect. Most will argue the kryptonite in The Utility Belt. Point, can Batman take out the kryptonite faster than a speeding bullet. heat Vision Melts Bruce. Total and complete spite

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

Batman Owns!

==================

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/mod/bump.gif***Batman Owns!***==================M"

from where is that?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Methos

dunno... random image search lol

M

Nighthunter

Forum Posts