#1 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes fights apollo who wins?

#2 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Apollo loses. He can put up quite a fight though.

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Superman"

I just noticed your named after a marvel character lol. I saw him a few days ago.
#5 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Apollo loses. He can put up quite a fight though."
Can He ? Apollo doesnt really seem to have the strength and speed of a Superman... I mean even Midnighter was kicking Apollo's butt
#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"zee crusher said:
Can He ? Apollo doesnt really seem to have the strength and speed of a Superman... I mean even Midnighter was kicking Apollo's butt
"
Apollo can fly at light speeds he has done this before. In terms of strength it was remarked by some one he had the strength of million something.
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"King Saturn said:
"zee crusher said:
"
Apollo can fly at light speeds he has done this before. In terms of strength it was remarked by some one he had the strength of million something.
"
Oh Okay.  Well maybe it was just an issue of writing when he was getting beat up by Midnighter...
#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Superman"

I just noticed your named after a marvel character lol. I saw him a few days ago."
I am?
#9 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:

"
Cite your sources.

King Saturn said:
Oh Okay.  Well maybe it was just an issue of writing when he was getting beat up by Midnighter...
"
Midnighter was fighting seriously and Apollo didn't want to kill him. There's reason to believe that Apollo wasn't fighting to the best of his ability whereas Midnighter was. Also, Midnighter only really beat Apollo with the help of some outside tech.
#10 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Supe's.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
King Saturn said:
"
Midnighter was fighting seriously and Apollo didn't want to kill him. There's reason to believe that Apollo wasn't fighting to the best of his ability whereas Midnighter was. Also, Midnighter only really beat Apollo with the help of some outside tech.
"
Ah I See.
#12 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes would kill him IMO I was arguing this with some else.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Supes would kill him IMO I was arguing this with some else."
I dont think Superman would kill him... but he would beat Apollo

#14 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Won't all of Apollo's beam moves just charge Superman up?

#15 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
Ace High said:
"Won't all of Apollo's beam moves just charge Superman up?
"
Thats what I was thinking
#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman for the win.

He is stronger, faster in reaction and flight speed and more invulnerable.

#17 Posted by lordraiden (7111 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Superman for the win.

He is stronger, faster in reaction and flight speed and more invulnerable."

and more experienced/smarter :-)
#18 Posted by lordraiden (7111 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Supes would kill him IMO I was arguing this with some else."

Superman doesn't kill!
#19 Posted by SadBastard (104 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest problem I see is this:

- Superman works on his own very often, can work in groups, and often will lead groups into battle.

- Apollo always fights with a group (with VERY few exceptions), and is always beholden to a leader.

This tips the scales is Supes favor. I don't think Apollo has gone solo enough for his skills to be as honed as they need to be. I am ignoring the Power Level debate, because from what I've seen in the Authority, at full charge Apollo seems to be comparable to Supes (he's burst through several layers of a living Moon-sized Pyramid and been just fine) . Also, he knows how to fight dirty, which would come in handy against Clean Cut Clark. Despite this, though, I'm gonna go with Supes. I think he has the edge when it comes to experience, and force of will. Also, Apollo always seemed much more reliant on frequent recharging than Superman did.