• 93 results
#51 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (583 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@willpayton said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

@allstarsuperman: i think willpayton posted a scan of that already look up...

i did thats SA or BA. not appliable to new 52 GL's. that like if i started rattleing off silver age feats.

The OP says the lanterns can use the rings to "generate any object". What part of "any object" do you not understand?

okay fine well do it your way, the OP also says "Superman At his Best Full power" so... Superman Prime One Million STOMPS all the GL's in a microsencond.

Superman Prime 1,000,000 is a Green Lantern too so...

#52 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22993 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@willpayton said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

@allstarsuperman: i think willpayton posted a scan of that already look up...

i did thats SA or BA. not appliable to new 52 GL's. that like if i started rattleing off silver age feats.

The OP says the lanterns can use the rings to "generate any object". What part of "any object" do you not understand?

okay fine well do it your way, the OP also says "Superman At his Best Full power" so... Superman Prime One Million STOMPS all the GL's in a microsencond.

Superman Prime 1,000,000 is a Green Lantern too so...

true

#53 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (689 posts) - - Show Bio

The kryptonite thing was retconned because DC just couldn't bare the thought someone killing supes. Superman 1mil is a joke and we all know it. Lock this thread, sweet jesus.

#54 Posted by BlackopsX21 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol What is with all this stuff bout generating Kryptonite lol the guy at the top Brung It UpLol

#55 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Lanterns win.

#56 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20260 posts) - - Show Bio

*Enters thread*

*sees silver age scan*

*runs away*

Edit: In all seriousness though, soloing green lanterns does seem a bit too much, but for superman, at his best, it's quite possible.

#57 Posted by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

*Enters thread*

*sees silver age scan*

*runs away*

Edit: In all seriousness though, soloing green lanterns does seem a bit too much, but for superman, at his best, it's quite possible.

The scan is applicable because the OP specifically states that the Lanterns can "generate any object". Any object includes Kryptonite.

#58 Posted by Assman (1875 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

green lanterns generates red solar energy and superman powers go by bye

post a scan please.

green lanterns can create any energy they want no need of a scan to prove that...

So, why didn't the lanterns create a wall of red solar energy instead in Infinite Crisis instead of it taking two Supermen to drag him through a red sun?

#59 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22993 posts) - - Show Bio

@assman said:

@kingjames447 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

post a scan please.

green lanterns can create any energy they want no need of a scan to prove that...

So, why didn't the lanterns create a wall of red solar energy instead in Infinite Crisis instead of it taking two Supermen to drag him through a red sun?

ASSMAN makes sence

#61 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@assman: cause theyre not actual people. the writers dictate what those characters do. that doesnt mean the lanterns couldnt have. like squirel girl beating darkseid. why didnt darkseid teleport away or omegabeam everyone? cause the writers didnt want him to.

#62 Posted by Shiryu (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Lanterns use Oan energy to boost their physical stats even without the use of constructs?

#63 Edited by Assman (1875 posts) - - Show Bio

@assman: cause theyre not actual people. the writers dictate what those characters do. that doesnt mean the lanterns couldnt have. like squirel girl beating darkseid. why didnt darkseid teleport away or omegabeam everyone? cause the writers didnt want him to.

That.....made absolutely no sense to me? Your not really answering my question, but using vague reasoning based on everything else but the battle here? maybe it's just me?

#64 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

"Rings can generate any object"

"Superman At his Best Full power"

Those are the relevant rules for this fight..... and frankly "Superman at his Best Full Power...." the Green Lantern Corp is not stopping that.... make all the kryptonite and red suns you want.

I can understand people wanting Superman to lose, I kind of do as well, but in this fight he doesn't. Blame the OP for allowing him to be basically the DC God of Gods.

#65 Posted by Schmalzel (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice said:

What is the Justice Tower.

the watchtower i think?

@tohoma said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

@allstarsuperman: omg dude the GL ring can generate any type of energy including red sun or kryptonite and that is not just a SA feat he as done it before with other kinds of radiation i just can find the scans theres no way superman can fight every lantern even if he had a sun in his back pocket...

omg dude, superman is smarter, faster, stronger, and more powerful than any lantern. IIRC. and yes is superman had a whole freaking sun in his pocket hed stomp them 12 times over.

Yes superman is powerful than a lantern individually but he is not taking 7000+ members. One of them including Sodom Yat who could arguably beat superman individually and a germ green lantern that can easily infiltrate supes body.

after a year in the sun yes superman is to fast for the average lantern, and he could take sodom yat. also a germ wouldnt work he has a super immune system

If Superman can't even beat Batman, what chances does he have against the whole Green Lantern core????

#66 Edited by Tohoma (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@assman said:

@kingjames447 said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@kingjames447 said:

post a scan please.

ASSMAN makes sence

The same reason why the Flash has problems with the Rogues or how bats can hang with the Justice League and continue his war on crime for years. It is for the reader to enjoy. Honestly would you rather see two supermen battling a mega-superman who punched reality or the mega-superman being de-powered by green lanterns?

#67 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this thread certainly seems to be bringing out the worst in people.

#69 Posted by russellmania77 (15831 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever heard the phrase, "You just can't talk politics or religion with some people."? Add Comic Book battles to that list.

#71 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

OP is too vague. Fine details of stipulations are already being debated here despite the fact that it shouldn't be. Debate should be of the fight itself, not the stipulations. Superman at his best? How? Only at his best given a 1 year prep? Or at his best in all continuity and give that incarnation some prep? See those are two different things. One would give either nigh omnipotent beings or beyond-the-multiverse armors. The other would only allow sundip.

Also with the GL's. If they can generate anything, what does that mean? Anything within the powers of continuity GL's? Or anything, meaning absolutely anything? Cause GL's from SA can generate K and GL's after that can't. Not to mention if they can really just create anything, why not generate The Worlogog or something? So what is it really?

#72 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think regular superman can break thru 3 miles of lantern shields

Nah, Superboy Prime could break through 300 miles of sheer willpower construct, and he shouldn't be more than 5 times stronger than normal Superman. Even then, 3 miles is not that thick.

Anyway, depends on who's in the Lanterns and/or how many are there. If Alan Scott was there, then Superman won't get pass him, and I think just a thousand rookies should be able to overwhelm him.

#73 Posted by russellmania77 (15831 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

i dont think regular superman can break thru 3 miles of lantern shields

Nah, Superboy Prime could break through 300 miles of sheer willpower construct, and he shouldn't be more than 5 times stronger than normal Superman. Even then, 3 miles is not that thick.

Anyway, depends on who's in the Lanterns and/or how many are there. If Alan Scott was there, then Superman won't get pass him, and I think just a thousand rookies should be able to overwhelm him.

i meant 300 miles lol

#74 Edited by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

OP is too vague. Fine details of stipulations are already being debated here despite the fact that it shouldn't be. Debate should be of the fight itself, not the stipulations. Superman at his best? How? Only at his best given a 1 year prep? Or at his best in all continuity and give that incarnation some prep? See those are two different things. One would give either nigh omnipotent beings or beyond-the-multiverse armors. The other would only allow sundip.

Also with the GL's. If they can generate anything, what does that mean? Anything within the powers of continuity GL's? Or anything, meaning absolutely anything? Cause GL's from SA can generate K and GL's after that can't. Not to mention if they can really just create anything, why not generate The Worlogog or something? So what is it really?

I completely agree the OP is too vague. This is why a lot of these battle threads get overheated, because there's so much vagueness in the OP/rules that people just assume whatever they want and end up arguing different things. Technically, according to the rules of this battle, the GLs can create whatever they want... including an entire universe made out of Kryptonite and drop it on Superman's head. Also, while it only says "Superman", the picture is of the Superman in the new movie... which isnt out yet.

#75 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

Ever heard the phrase, "You just can't talk politics or religion with some people."? Add Comic Book battles to that list.

Actually a few of the people in this thread ordinarily conduct themselves with a lot more civility than what they are presenting here.

#76 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22993 posts) - - Show Bio

@schmalzel:

please, please, tell me when batman has ever beaten superman in continuty?

#77 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell...If we are use full power Silver age superman...that would be overkill...

who can lift entire universe weight,who can faster than infinity,who can take big bang.....creater new power and never lose in fight..PIS power..

I cant Imagine the battle screen,SA Superman just overkill....

#78 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell...If we are use full power Silver age superman...that would be overkill...

who can lift entire universe weight,who can faster than infinity,who can take big bang.....creater new power and never lose in fight..PIS power..

I cant Imagine the battle screen,SA Superman just overkill....

Still no. Well... Yes, but not in Supes' favour. SA Superman was as strong as hell. But he was also the most susceptible to the weaknesses of the character. He was the version that was weakest to Kryptonite and Magic. And if we use SA Supes, then it will be without question that SA GL would also be used. As you can see from the scan earlier in this thread, he can literally make kryptonite out of nothing.

#79 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: The SA GL isnt has this power,bro,are you really read this comics?SA superman once beat SA GL easily,the SA JLA only Supergirl can match him,Actually entire SA JLA,SA MM,SA wonder woman,or SA GL not isnt as powerful as superman,even PC mon-el and all other Legion of superhero,unless story need they are can match superman,read they are feats,really cant match superman

and if use PIS.superman can eating kryptonite

#80 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Superman Nevermore was Bronze Age not Silver Age.

#81 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Ok..however

here scan:superman and supergirl both can solos ENTIRE SA JLA

superman easily beat SA GL

#82 Posted by Tohoma (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Problem is that it isn't Superman vs Green Lantern but Superman vs 7200 green lanterns. Also since the OP states that the green lanterns can create any object it only takes one of them to create gold kryptonite and superman's powers are gone completely.

#83 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma: Even all green lantern power together I dont think can even hurt superman...PC superman take big bang and faster than infinity and strength enough lift our entire universe weight..

USE PIS,Superman can eathing them,creater new power.....unless you take SA superman PIS of the Power

#84 Edited by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people keep talking about PC Superman or SA Superman? The OP doesnt say anything about that, so it's current Superman by default. Get a grip folks!

#85 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

Which lanterns? Sodam Yat has kryptpnian powers as well, so that's a consideration...

#86 Posted by Assman (1875 posts) - - Show Bio

Which lanterns? Sodam Yat has kryptpnian powers as well, so that's a consideration...

He's a daxamite, not a kryptonian, meaning they're very similar but also different. Daxamites are fatily succeptable to lead, and, have they ever been known to sun dip?

#87 Edited by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

@assman said:

@sinestro_gl said:

He's a daxamite, not a kryptonian, meaning they're very similar but also different. Daxamites are fatily succeptable to lead, and, have they ever been known to sun dip?

As for sun-dipping...hmm...haven't come across it yet

#88 Edited by LeoVarharris (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on How much time Superman has spent inside of the Sun Cause if he spends like 20 minutes in the sun I somehow doubt that Kryptonite will take effect AS QUICKLY as it normally would but I could be mistaken on that. Especially if that 20 minutes were inside a blue star but I digress. At base form though I'm unsure but I don't think It would be impossible. I mean if he could lock it down to self-contained one on one battles I think superman has it but if they were able to swarm him while one of them dangle Kryptonite over his head whilst the rest have a shit-stomp on him yeah I don't see Superman surviving that

OK after thinking on it and reading a few things I have figured out where I stand on this. With Superman at his best after Sun-Bathing for about 30 minutes much less a single year, I believe that Superman would take the fight without an issue. The Green Lantern Power rings work based off of Willpower and Imagination right? Well that means that the speed of the rings is the speed of thought. Superman WITHOUT sun bathing moves faster than the speed of thought so if he were to sun bathe for just 30 minutes rather than a whole year he could just run amok stealing their rings before they have time to even THINK of a defense mechanism. Fight over. Unless I am mistaken on how the power rings work they have to be connected to the lanterns body to be used at all don't they?

#89 Posted by Schmalzel (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@schmalzel: Have you ever read a comic?

GTFO.

I have, just @allstarsuperman being a fan boy was annoying me, I know Bats 0 prep against Supes doesn't take Supes, but against the whole Lantern core Supes isn't stomping. But if I said that I might upset him. If the Lanterns can 'create anything" even against the most powerful Superman they stand a chance, whether it be the red sun blasts, kryponite blasts, same with kryptonite shielding. They can do a lot that can damage Superman, but won't be noted by a Superman fan boy.

#90 Posted by Scoop316 (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Strongest Superman?

Cosmic Armor Superman solos. Superman-Prime One Million solos. Any Superman with the Sword of Superman solos. Silver Age MIGHT win somehow, Superman Prime gets taken out eventually if he has no prep. Any other Superman gets slaughtered.

This is assuming current Green Lantern crops. Silver Age Green Lanterns will beat any besides the three above. If someone is allowed to fuse with Ion (Kyle HoG) he should give a fight to any of the three, probably winning if he has the backup of SA GLs.

#91 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22993 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaindoeo said:

GTFO.

I have, just @allstarsuperman being a fan boy was annoying me, I know Bats 0 prep against Supes doesn't take Supes, but against the whole Lantern core Supes isn't stomping. But if I said that I might upset him. If the Lanterns can 'create anything" even against the most powerful Superman they stand a chance, whether it be the red sun blasts, kryponite blasts, same with kryptonite shielding. They can do a lot that can damage Superman, but won't be noted by a Superman fan boy.

im am being a fanboy for saying Superman solos normally, but with a year prep/sun dip he could. even if they can make red sun or kryptonite it wont affect SP1M.

#92 Edited by Schmalzel (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@schmalzel said:

@captaindoeo said:

GTFO.

im am being a fanboy for saying Superman solos normally, but with a year prep/sun dip he could. even if they can make red sun or kryptonite it wont affect SP1M.

Where is a scan of him sun dipping? And with a year prep you can't underestimate the Lantern Core, they would be fully charged and be able to do some damage, he could, but I don't see Superman as the tactician that John Stewart is. I think that it would be a tough battle, not saying that Superman would def lose and the fact that Superman "at his most powerful" SP1M is sun dipped for 15000 years, this is 1 year prep, not 1 year prep for SP1M. 1 year sun dipped he would do major damage, but he wouldn't be immune to red sun or kryptonite.

#93 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (20260 posts) - - Show Bio

@scoop316 said:

Strongest Superman?

Cosmic Armor Superman solos. Superman-Prime One Million solos. Any Superman with the Sword of Superman solos. Silver Age MIGHT win somehow, Superman Prime gets taken out eventually if he has no prep. Any other Superman gets slaughtered.

Cosmic armor superman isn't superman iirc..

#94 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@scoop316: SA GL beat superman?are you read my scan?SA superman,SA supergirl both beat him with easily,even beyond easily

SA mm,SA ww,or SA GL,they are isnt close to superman or supergirl power level