#1 Edited by Ghost52 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is in the direct aftermath of ScrewAttack’s Goku vs Superman death battle video. I’ve read a lot of the comments, reactions of fans to the Death Battle (and some of the posts on this forum) and it seems to me that most people agree with the outcome of the Death Battle and the descriptions of the abilities and feats of Superman. However, after reading some of the previous battle forum posts about Superman, it seems like he is underpowered by some of the other descriptions of him in some posts, so I am confused.

I am in an argument with my friend. Can Superman solo the Avengers? I’ve read the previous threads on this topic and it seems to me that people are underestimating Superman’s abilities, especially after watching ScrewAttack’s video. ScrewAttack claims that their version of Superman is a comprehensive take on the modern, current Superman. If Superman is really that strong – and if ScrewAttack’s analysis is that accurate, then it seems to me that he can beat the Avengers right? I’ve been arguing with this with my friend and would like some opinions on this matter.

To recap ScrewAttack’s Superman powers:

Strength's

Super Senses (hearing, vision – x-ray, electromagnetic, microscopic, telescopic, theta, nanosecond reaction time)

Flight, Super Strength, Super Speed, Healing factor, Super/Arctic Breath, Heat Vision (unknown max temperature), Space breathing

Kryptonian Super intelligence

Martial Arts (pressure points with Batman, H2H with WW, Boxing, Psychic barriers with J’onn, Precise muscle control, Torquasm Rao and Torquasm Ro

Weaknesses

Reliant on Constant Solar Radiation, Kryptonite, Magic (includes enchanted weps)

Supes’ Calculations:

Strength: 6.6 Quintillion tons+

Speed: 9.4 billion km/hr

Durability: 10 octillion MT

Highlighted feats included Superman moving a planet.

Sundip supercharges Superman's powers to incredible heights

The Avengers Team includes current, modern superheroes:

Hulk

Captain America

Thor

Iron Man

Hawkeye

Black Cat

Scarlet Witch

Scenario:

Superman is in bloodlust and thinks that the Avengers have murdered Lois. Superman has lost control and is completely berserk. He is focused on annihilating all Avengers. In retaliation, he has already beheaded Wolverine. Morals off.

The Avengers think Superman has gone completely insane and is hell bent on destroying the planet. Thor is ready to descend into warriors madness. They have 30 minutes prep before an enraged Superman comes charging at them. Morals off. They are bloodlusted.

This is a fight to the death. Battle takes place in a field in Smallville.

Once again I know this has been done but this is in light of ScrewAttack’s research. Who do you think will win?.

#2 Posted by MalgraMoro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Well firstly Hawkeye, Black Cat and Captain America are going to be smears upon Smallvilles walls. Starks head will be squished to a bloody mess inside his helmet. Superman always beats hulk regardless. I don't think Scarlet Witch has the reaction time to cast any magic before her head is struck off her shoulders with a superspeed punch. Thor is the only one who has a chance to actually lay a hand/hammer on Superman, but I'd favour Supes to come out on top, because Thor'd try and avoid Warriors Madness unless totally necessary and when he does enter that state, he'll lose all reasoning and Thor is alot easier to kill than Superman too who is nigh invulnerable. Superman should theoretically be able to easily beat the Avengers especially in a bloodlust mood.

#3 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@MalgraMoro said:

Well firstly Hawkeye, Black Cat and Captain America are going to be smears upon Smallvilles walls. Starks head will be squished to a bloody mess inside his helmet. Superman always beats hulk regardless. I don't think Scarlet Witch has the reaction time to cast any magic before her head is struck off her shoulders with a superspeed punch. Thor is the only one who has a chance to actually lay a hand/hammer on Superman, but I'd favour Supes to come out on top, because Thor'd try and avoid Warriors Madness unless totally necessary and when he does enter that state, he'll lose all reasoning and Thor is alot easier to kill than Superman too who is nigh invulnerable. Superman should theoretically be able to easily beat the Avengers especially in a bloodlust mood.

This says it all.

#4 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@MalgraMoro said:

#5 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Superman would lose here is if Odin gets pissed off and endows Thor with a lot of his power. Only then would he be able to even harm Superman. Thor cannot toss his hammer beyond light speed, and the current Era Superman's reaction speed is much faster than that. It would be like trying to avoid syrup slowly gliding down a hill or something...

#6 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ghost52: Deathbattle is a bunch of BS. Screwattack are full of people that think they are smart because they know terms in physics and math. But if anyone ever took a engineering class it's the wrong assumptions that can throw you way off. They don't understand the numbers and math they are trying to apply. Here's one of my posts on surviving an explosion.

@SlimJ87D said:

Using the survival of explosions as a feat

Time and time again I hear people comparing different explosions of different magnitudes and how characters survive said explosion. What I am about to present might sound like downplaying a feat, but it is not. In no way am I trying to downplay a feat, any person surviving an explosion is impressive indeed. Here's the point that no one ever gives any thought to or wrongfully assumes when comparing durability between characters. When you survive an explosion, you are not surviving the entire energy of that explosion, you are only surviving a small part of it. You have to understand what volume is to move further into my post. This is a unit of volume.

If an explosion has a length width and height of L, W and H it does not mean that the character survived the entire energy of the entire explosion or supernova, they only survived a small tiny volume inside of this cube. l, h and w. The worse culprit is SCREWATTACK where they simply google how much energy is in a type of explosion and then they give that character that durability number.

"Captain America survived an exploding building, it takes X tons amount of TNT to blow up a building, Captain America therefore has X tons durability"

"Iron Fist survived Nitros explosion, there is 250 tons of TNT in Nito's explosion, therefore Iron Fist durability is 250 tons of TNT"

NO!

NO!

"Superman survives a Supernova, therefore he has this much durability 'googles energy in supernova'"

SupernovaApproximate total energy
(foe)
Ejected Ni
(solar masses)
Neutrino energy
(foe)
Kinetic energy
(foe)
Electromagnetic radiation
(foe)
Type Ia1.50.4 – 0.80.11.3 – 1.4~0.01
Core collapse100(0.01) – 110010.001 – 0.01
Hypernova100~11001~0.1
Pair instability5–1000.5 – 50low?1–1000.01 – 0.1

First of all, can someone show me a scan of Superman surviving a supernova? I'm talking about it saying "supernova" and the scan actually showing a giant star exploding. Just because a star explodes does not mean it is a supernova. Just because someone says that their attack is a supernova (Human Torche) does not mean it's a supernova.

Okay, the Supernova ordeal would take me awhile. I'm going to do this very brief, a Supernova causes a sonic wave going at extreme high velocities. Yes it's impressive for Superman to survive such a feat, but is it as impressive as this?

Where Flash actually says his punch is a concentrated attack where all the energy of a white dwarf star is in his fist? The volume of Flashes punch and the energy in a white dwarf star, you do the math. Or this?

Where Modeus clearly states that each one of his punches results in a star losing all of its energy?

The scans above are true representations of a person surviving the energy of a star. Not what Screwattack assumed.

EDIT: If you are at ground ZERO of an explosion and survived you would have survived the hottest part of the explosion but again that does not equate to the entire energy of the explosion.

Lastly, people often mistake an explosions power by how far it reaches out. This is not the case. An explosion can have a different kind of energy powering it. For example, natural gas and gasoline mixed with air fill up a balloon. You light it on fire and it explodes. They have the same area and volume practically in their ignition. But Gasoline actually has a lot more energy and gets hotter than natural gas. Propane also gets hotter than natural gas. Same goes with a small TNT explosion and a small nuclear explosion. So a small powerful concentrated blast can have as much energy as a weak large blast. Analyzing blasts requires a lot more to think about.

1. What caused the explosion and what type of energy is it releasing? What is the source of its power?

2. How far was the person from the explosion?

3. Is the person wearing any kind of protective gear?

These are the questions you must ask yourself when you compare an explosion to another one.

So again, how are you going to look up the energy a star has when it explodes and say that all that energy is how durable Superman is when he's only surviving a tiny portion of that explosion, about .00001 or less percent of it's energy.

if a sun exploded and lets randomly say Classic Strange gathered all of its heat energy into one tiny bubble and encased Superman's head in it, then you can say he survives something like that.

As for the battle, I guess Superman wins it.

#7 Posted by Active_Adaptation (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's world was rocked by a single hit from Goku's Power Pole, Mjolnir should have a similar effect.

#8 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a stomp to Avengers. specially with 30min prep.

recent Iron Man can take down Savage Hulk, he can with Captain america put a good plan to make Superman falls to red sun radiations comming from Stark satellites, Hulk is enough to do the rest.

#9 Posted by dondave (34567 posts) - - Show Bio

@MalgraMoro said:

QFT

#10 Posted by logy5000 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be close. I'm kinda leaning towards both.

#11 Posted by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Screwattack used All-Star Superman as a base strength for that Goku fight. All-Star superman was drastically amped and was dieing do to it. Doesn't change the outcome very much, but it's something I thought I should point out.

#12 Posted by HushoftheWind (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Ghost52: Deathbattle is a bunch of BS. Screwattack are full of people that think they are smart because they know terms in physics and math. But if anyone ever took a engineering class it's the wrong assumptions that can throw you way off. They don't understand the numbers and math they are trying to apply. Here's one of my posts on surviving an explosion.

@SlimJ87D said:

Time and time again I hear people comparing different explosions of different magnitudes and how characters survive said explosion. What I am about to present might sound like downplaying a feat, but it is not. In no way am I trying to downplay a feat, any person surviving an explosion is impressive indeed. Here's the point that no one ever gives any thought to or wrongfully assumes when comparing durability between characters. When you survive an explosion, you are not surviving the entire energy of that explosion, you are only surviving a small part of it. You have to understand what volume is to move further into my post. This is a unit of volume.

If an explosion has a length width and height of L, W and H it does not mean that the character survived the entire energy of the entire explosion or supernova, they only survived a small tiny volume inside of this cube. l, h and w. The worse culprit is SCREWATTACK where they simply google how much energy is in a type of explosion and then they give that character that durability number.

"Captain America survived an exploding building, it takes X tons amount of TNT to blow up a building, Captain America therefore has X tons durability"

"Iron Fist survived Nitros explosion, there is 250 tons of TNT in Nito's explosion, therefore Iron Fist durability is 250 tons of TNT"

NO!

NO!

"Superman survives a Supernova, therefore he has this much durability 'googles energy in supernova'"

(foe)
Ejected Ni
(solar masses)
Neutrino energy
(foe)
Kinetic energy
(foe)
(foe)
Hypernova100~11001~0.1

First of all, can someone show me a scan of Superman surviving a supernova? I'm talking about it saying "supernova" and the scan actually showing a giant star exploding. Just because a star explodes does not mean it is a supernova. Just because someone says that their attack is a supernova (Human Torche) does not mean it's a supernova.

Okay, the Supernova ordeal would take me awhile. I'm going to do this very brief, a Supernova causes a sonic wave going at extreme high velocities. Yes it's impressive for Superman to survive such a feat, but is it as impressive as this?

Where Flash actually says his punch is a concentrated attack where all the energy of a white dwarf star is in his fist? The volume of Flashes punch and the energy in a white dwarf star, you do the math. Or this?

Where Modeus clearly states that each one of his punches results in a star losing all of its energy?

The scans above are true representations of a person surviving the energy of a star. Not what Screwattack assumed.

EDIT: If you are at ground ZERO of an explosion and survived you would have survived the hottest part of the explosion but again that does not equate to the entire energy of the explosion.

Lastly, people often mistake an explosions power by how far it reaches out. This is not the case. An explosion can have a different kind of energy powering it. For example, natural gas and gasoline mixed with air fill up a balloon. You light it on fire and it explodes. They have the same area and volume practically in their ignition. But Gasoline actually has a lot more energy and gets hotter than natural gas. Propane also gets hotter than natural gas. Same goes with a small TNT explosion and a small nuclear explosion. So a small powerful concentrated blast can have as much energy as a weak large blast. Analyzing blasts requires a lot more to think about.

1. What caused the explosion and what type of energy is it releasing? What is the source of its power?

These are the questions you must ask yourself when you compare an explosion to another one.

So again, how are you going to look up the energy a star has when it explodes and say that all that energy is how durable Superman is when he's only surviving a tiny portion of that explosion, about .00001 or less percent of it's energy.

if a sun exploded and lets randomly say Classic Strange gathered all of its heat energy into one tiny bubble and encased Superman's head in it, then you can say he survives something like that.

where's that Iron fist feat from?

#13 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@SlimJ87D said:

NO!

NO!

(foe)
Ejected Ni
(solar masses)
Neutrino energy
(foe)
Kinetic energy
(foe)
(foe)
Hypernova100~11001~0.1

Superman survives a Supernova here^^ before you say it was not a supernova Braniac said it was a supernova later on in the story (don't have the scans though.)

#14 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@HushoftheWind: Sorry but I can't remember.

@dccomicsrule2011: that is not a Nova. People think just because a sun explodes it's a supernova. A supernova has to be from a star that is dozens of times (that is multiples) our sun. A supernova also lasts for many days and Brainiac just came up to Superman right after this happened, unless if you want to argue that Superman was there for 6 or more days. A Supernova that close up wouldn't have left anything of that planet left, it would have been vaporized. Also, a white dwarf star should have formed afterward. There is also no way a planet comes close to that size next to a supernova potential sun. Lastly, ecologically for life to occur on a planet without either freezing or burning up cannot happen under a supernova sun. So none of it adds up, even if you are able to supply the scan of Braniac saying so, it's a hyperbole when you put it up against all the facts that actually happened in that scan.

I don't think you understood the main part of my post, Superman still got KOed from it. He survived it, a sun exploding, not a supernova yes, but Superman got KOed from busting a boon into dust, Orians beams, etc. That's another thing about screwattack, they take the strongest thing you survived from and assume that's what it takes to KO you. So if someone survived a burning building they should be able to survive Mike Tyson's punch? Anyone that uses Screwattack's methods to calculate any stat without double checking their logic and assumptions to see is asking for trouble.

#15 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I agree it really does not add up, reading it again Braniac said he going to cause the Sun to go Supernova (Earths Sun) which makes no since what so ever.

#16 Posted by terry2012 (4812 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: This.

#17 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

@MalgraMoro said:

#18 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers stomps ironman with 30mins prep is a beast

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (12034 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

avengers stomps ironman with 30mins prep is a beast

They have no idea of his weaknesses, so how are they supposed to use them against him in prep?

#21 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the Avengers bloodlusted as well?

#22 Edited by Ghost52 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

Are the Avengers bloodlusted as well?

Yes, they are bloodlusted.

#23 Posted by ImmortalOne (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

Screwattack used All-Star Superman as a base strength for that Goku fight. All-Star superman was drastically amped and was dieing do to it. Doesn't change the outcome very much, but it's something I thought I should point out.

All-Star Superman actually was WEAKER than the canon Superman... his best showing was pushing against 200 quintillion tons. Canon Superman has been able to lift a planet with Green Lantern's construct, and I think after some sundipping he could push around planets, putting him at around 6 sextillion tons.

But Death Battle is full of BS anyways. I mean seriously, Rogue beating Wonder Woman?!

#24 Edited by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

What? All-Star Superman was majorly amped in all aspects. It was said so like 200 times. lol And he pushed against the 200 quntillion tonn force thing with ease, and he said he could easily do more but that was the machine max.

And Superman pulling the planet in the green construct is a two man feat and he shouldn't be given credit for it as Superman didn't do it under his own solo power. He was assisted, no matter how you look at it.

#25 Posted by Wardemon32 (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know what a pissed off Superman would do to the Avengers?

#26 Posted by Racob7 (5402 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: They took 200 quintillion tons and divided it by three since it was stated that it was three times his record.

#27 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

@ToO_RaW said:

All-Star Superman actually was WEAKER than the canon Superman... his best showing was pushing against 200 quintillion tons. Canon Superman has been able to lift a planet with Green Lantern's construct, and I think after some sundipping he could push around planets, putting him at around 6 sextillion tons.

But Death Battle is full of BS anyways. I mean seriously, Rogue beating Wonder Woman?!

He could lift more,but that's all the machine could do,plus he was using one hand his other hand would have doubled if not quadrupled,since it might be his dominant hand. So around 400 quintillion tons,plus more.That's enough to pull the earth multiple times.

#28 Posted by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@Racob7 said:

@ToO_RaW: They took 200 quintillion tons and divided it by three since it was stated that it was three times his record.

Must have missed that part.

#29 Posted by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ImmortalOne said:

@ToO_RaW said:

He could lift more,but that's all the machine could do,plus he was using one hand his other hand would have doubled if not quadrupled,since it might be his dominant hand. So around 400 quintillion tons,plus more.That's enough to pull the earth multiple times.

Yea, but he was amped when he was using that machine. There's no clear indication of how much.

#30 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

And Thor has lifted 9 planets including Earth :

And Hulk held the Earth's tectonic plates together to prevent the planet for tearing apart which is a more impressive feat than lifting the Earth itself. Thor throws hammer, hammer hits Superman, The End. Superman is not going to speed blitz everyone = he wouldn't be able to one shot the Hulk or Thor now can we please stop the Superman nuthugging. He's hopeless against magic and until that change he CAN be beaten by many characters, both DC and Marvel.

#31 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ImmortalOne said:

@ToO_RaW said:

Yea, but he was amped when he was using that machine. There's no clear indication of how much.

He had three times the power.They said so.So 400 quintillion tons divided by 3

#32 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti: Superman lifted half of infinity better than both hulks and thors best strength feats put together trillion of times over.And supes has taken out Thor with one shot in the dc/marvel crossover which is canon for the dc universe,So yea that magic thing doesn't mean he losses,Since he does whip people with magic all the time,captain marvel being a big example

#33 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@MalgraMoro said:

This

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (12563 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#35 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

@ToO_RaW said:

Well, at least they got Spider-Man vs Batman and Thor vs Raiden right.

#36 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is the only factor. Although he is ridiculously slow in comparison. The Hulk is hardly a factor, and I have noticed an awful lot of Iron Man fanboys these days............. He's great, but people sure like to get carried away.

#37 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

I give slight majority to superman but for some reason I can't see how surviving a supernova is impressive feat for him considering that his powers dampens the effects (being solar fueled and all)

when other non-solar chars do it with their defense it is a tanking feat (glads) but when supes does it ?

tank/absorb feat?

#38 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow: The crossovers are not canon. Five of the battles were determined by fan voting. Superman is as prone to magic as a human. Consensus on this forum seems to favour Black Adam against Superman so I'm not sure how you figured Superman is suddenly immune and until another reboot to take away this weakness one hit of Thor's hammer and he's done.

This is supposed to be Superman lifting infinity?

The infinity that Superman and Captain Marvel lifted (which is totally inconsistent with 99.999999999999% of his portrayals and is generally ignored for Rumbles purposes) contained many universes, including their own, floating inside a tiny portion of it. That is to say, while "infinite" is abstract, the baseline of the object that Superman lifted half of is "many, many, many times more massive than the single universe that Suprema barely lifted, discounting the fact that we don't actually know the exact composition and size of their respective universes and how the laws of physics apply to lifting a universe from the outside and/or inside in the first place."
If we're using straight science, then both she and Superman/Captain Marvel should have been sucked into the universes they were lifting due to sheer gravity. Hell, putting the mass of the universe into a book/snowglobe sized area should cause a black hole that rips space and time to tiny shreds, which doesn't seem to have happened in any of the universe moving feats.
#39 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

One hit from Goku's Power Pole had Supes on the ropes. Can you imagine what a hit from Mjolnir would do?

#40 Posted by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw Attack's Superman was boosted beyond his capabilities, He might be able to beat these characters one by one (Except for Thor, and arguably Hulk aswell) but all at once?

Superman dies....

#41 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti: Superman did indeed lift infinity,Just because he had help doesn't mean much when

1.You can't just lift half of infinity,there is no such thing as half of something that goes on forever.So by fact yes he did lift infinity.

2.you alternate ultraman lifted it by himself.sure ultraman is stronger at first,but Kal-EL will eventually become superman prime one million.So any feat you see a alternate version of them do,and they don't have a drastic power change,I say they can both do.

The JLA/Avengers crossover was accepted as canon for dc.

I never said he was immune to magic,but his track record is that he has beaten almost every magical foe he has ever faced.Just because it can hurt him doesn't mean it's a death sentence for him,he can still overcome them,just as he overcomes people who use Kryptonite or red sun radiation.

Superman> captain marvel/Captain marvel=black adam

You do the math,If superman smacks around captain marvel on a even level,he can easily do it to black Adam People have their own opinions on here, but when it really happens supes isn't losing to a ripoff of himself. Supes is stronger,faster,and more durable than cap and Adam. And has a more versatile power set take advantage of.