#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

This being the most powerful Superman.

Who Wins?

#2 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

not this again

#3 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#4 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

i am a huge superman fan but considering the facts, ss just send him to a part of the universe with a red sun then just completely fks him up, i wish i could say superman could win, but with surfer's cosmic powers and abilities, i don't see it happenin,

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"not this again"

quite right

#5 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, he had all sorts of amazing Powers.

#6 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver surfer

#7 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in the SA could go into the middle of the sun without hurting him... i'm gonna go for a draw, could go either way.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Age Superman would win. He had so many Amped up powers

#9 Posted by Batman666 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins

#10 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the reason why i said Superman Silver Age, because i think he would beat Surfer. Any other Superman would get fried.

#11 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

If they only resort to hand-to-hand combat,Superman wins.

#12 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say...scratch that stalemate.

#13 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Clantern says:

"Superman in the SA could go into the middle of the sun without hurting him... i'm gonna go for a draw, could go either way."

superman in any age could go into the middle of a sun, that's where he gets his powers from, that's called a power up for him! He did it in our worlds at war in the 2001 series where he did a sundip to take on brainiac13! silverage superman would take out SS quite handily!

#14 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

silly silver age moments!

Power to sneaze galaxies away:

Power to tow planets around:

and his most recent sundip in the 2001 event, 'our worlds at war', were he took a sundip to take on brainiac13!

#15 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"silly silver age moments! Power to sneaze galaxies away: Power to tow planets around: and his most recent sundip in the 2001 event, 'our worlds at war', were he took a sundip to take on brainiac13!"

Sorry,dude.That was a Solar System rather than a galaxy.Get your facts right.

He even stated the word "Solar System"in your picture.

Solar System=One of a few billions sysytem in the Galaxy.

Galaxy>Solar Ssytem.Get it?

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"lordraiden says:
"silly silver age moments! Power to sneaze galaxies away: Power to tow planets around: and his most recent sundip in the 2001 event, 'our worlds at war', were he took a sundip to take on brainiac13!"
Sorry,dude.That was a Solar System rather than a galaxy.Get your facts right. He even stated the word "Solar System"in your picture. Solar System=One of a few billions sysytem in the Galaxy. Galaxy>Solar Ssytem.Get it?"

he just writ it wrong He mistakes the words sometimes. So thats all it was.

#17 Posted by Evilone65 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

They actually did this in a wizard a few years back,sorry superman fell short falling to the power cosmic,I am a huge superman fan but I've got to give it to the surfer.

#18 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"They actually did this in a wizard a few years back,sorry superman fell short falling to the power cosmic,I am a huge superman fan but I've got to give it to the surfer."

do you know silver age Superman?

#19 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Superboy-Prime 10000 says:
"lordraiden says:
Sorry,dude.That was a Solar System rather than a galaxy.Get your facts right. He even stated the word "Solar System"in your picture. Solar System=One of a few billions sysytem in the Galaxy. Galaxy>Solar Ssytem.Get it?"
he just writ it wrong He mistakes the words sometimes. So thats all it was."

Thankyou, and my apologies! let's not get toooo technical, i'm sure you got the grasp of it and new what i meant, since, like you said, it was actually written there in the pictures posted!

#20 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"They actually did this in a wizard a few years back,sorry superman fell short falling to the power cosmic,I am a huge superman fan but I've got to give it to the surfer."

That was not silver-age superman! and I wouldn't base things on whether they've appeard in wizard, it's a fun magazine to read and look at, but I wouldn't rely on it for facts too much! just like anything else, it's all based on fan opinion and survey!

#21 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Evilone65 says:

That was not silver-age superman! and I wouldn't base things on whether they've appeard in wizard, it's a fun magazine to read and look at, but I wouldn't rely on it for facts too much! just like anything else, it's all based on fan opinion and survey!

"

stands up and claps hands rapidly Well done. It's good to known some people known its from fans. :D

#22 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

so far i havent seen you say one thing worthwhile... but i've got my fingers crossed!

:)

#23 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer's only chance would be to generate Kryptonite, only that or magic could overcome SA Superman.

#24 Posted by Evilone65 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"Evilone65 says:
do you know silver age Superman?"

yes move planets all that stuff and god knows how many types of kyrtonite,I'm a superman fan granted when I wrote that I was up late and just saw Superman lol.but that being said he was grossly over powered.in which case it would be a very close fight.

#25 Posted by Evilone65 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Evilone65 says:
so far i havent seen you say one thing worthwhile... but i've got my fingers crossed! :)"

haha or the surfer can just destroy the sun how about that? Superman would have no power.He can also see into the future and past so he has big blues number so to speak,sorry fights over.hows that for interesting? ;)

#26 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:
so far i havent seen you say one thing worthwhile... but i've got my fingers crossed! :)"
haha or the surfer can just destroy the sun how about that? Superman would have no power.He can also see into the future and past so he has big blues number so to speak,sorry fights over.hows that for interesting? ;)"

Not really interesting, just funny! if surfer wiped out the sun, he'd destroy earth and the galaxy! pretty extreme and not quite surfer, and highly doubt superman would ever let that happen! nice try, though!

#27 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:
haha or the surfer can just destroy the sun how about that? Superman would have no power.He can also see into the future and past so he has big blues number so to speak,sorry fights over.hows that for interesting? ;)"

So what.Superman is not merely powered by our sun,he can also be powered by any other yellow stars.If he sunbathed in a blue star,he would be much more powerful than ever.

I doubt SS has the powers to destroy all the stars in the universe.

Silver Surfer destroy sun?

How would he know that Superman is powered by the sun?Unless someone gave him the knowledge,he has no idea of it.

Whipping Kryptonite is also ridiculous,as no one tell's him about the effect of Kryptonite on Superman.

Silver Age Superman has also extinguishes stars with his Super Breath.I don't see him depowered after he extinguish it.

#28 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:

ps destroying the sun won't instantly depower superman! so it would mean nothing in a battle! superman has solar energy stored in his body, it depletes over time. meaning if the sun was destroyed, he just wouldn't be absorbing any more yelow sun radiation!! there's plenty of other yellow stars out there! so you saying silver surfer destroying the sun to affect superman in a battle is not a very well thought out manuver!

#29 Posted by Evilone65 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Evilone65 says:
"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:
ps destroying the sun won't instantly depower superman! so it would mean nothing in a battle! superman has solar energy stored in his body, it depletes over time. meaning if the sun was destroyed, he just wouldn't be absorbing any more yelow sun radiation!! there's plenty of other yellow stars out there! so you saying silver surfer destroying the sun to affect superman in a battle is not a very well thought out manuver!"

I never said it would instantly depower him but it would happen.did you forget who SS use to work for what makes you think he wouldn't do it in fear for his life because thats whats at stake here(and if your going to say "well thats not his personality" remeber we are talking about 2 good guys fighting).Yes their are plenty of yellow stars out their....but are any of them close enough to make a damn difference? nope.whats supes going to do honestly? try to fly quickly to the neariest star in hopes its yellow and will power him up? one the SS would blast him to hell by then or 2 he would run out of power or plan B he just absorbs The energy left in Supermans body....(yes he can do that ;) ) so good try.dont get me wrong I like Superman...he's just not walking away from this.

#30 Posted by Evilone65 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

"Evilone65 says:
"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:
So what.Superman is not merely powered by our sun,he can also be powered by any other yellow stars.If he sunbathed in a blue star,he would be much more powerful than ever. I doubt SS has the powers to destroy all the stars in the universe. Silver Surfer destroy sun? How would he know that Superman is powered by the sun?Unless someone gave him the knowledge,he has no idea of it. Whipping Kryptonite is also ridiculous,as no one tell's him about the effect of Kryptonite on Superman. Silver Age Superman has also extinguishes stars with his Super Breath.I don't see him depowered after he extinguish it."

Well if you read my previous post you would see that SS has the power to see the past and the future thats how he would get the knowledge.This is a fight SS use to have planets devoured dont act surprised you dont think he's willing to kill? plus if he wanted to he could put the sun back after supes death.for details on supes death see my post just above this one.

#31 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't Silver Surfer just take Superman's powers away? He can rearrange atoms and such using the power cosmic so I don't see why not. If he went to go fight him head on, not rearranging things, he would lose. But because of that ability I give it to the surfer.

#32 Posted by TRTrunks (56 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins

#33 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Evilone65 says:

"Superboy-Prime 10000 says:
"Evilone65 says:
"Apparition says:
"Evilone65 says:
So what.Superman is not merely powered by our sun,he can also be powered by any other yellow stars.If he sunbathed in a blue star,he would be much more powerful than ever. I doubt SS has the powers to destroy all the stars in the universe. Silver Surfer destroy sun? How would he know that Superman is powered by the sun?Unless someone gave him the knowledge,he has no idea of it. Whipping Kryptonite is also ridiculous,as no one tell's him about the effect of Kryptonite on Superman. Silver Age Superman has also extinguishes stars with his Super Breath.I don't see him depowered after he extinguish it."
Well if you read my previous post you would see that SS has the power to see the past and the future thats how he would get the knowledge.This is a fight SS use to have planets devoured dont act surprised you dont think he's willing to kill? plus if he wanted to he could put the sun back after supes death.for details on supes death see my post just above this one."

Yes,I know that Silver Surfer has all sorts of power with his power cosmic,including to revive those who at near death,to rearrange matter,to manipulate energy construct,to fire energy blast,to see into the future or past.etc....etc....

The problem is,Marvel contradicts themselve too much,If SS has all these amazing powers,why didn't he just keep on firing energy blast towards the Hulk instead of rendering unconcious after getting three hits by The Hulk?

Or better why wouldn't he travel back to time to stop the accident that cause Banner to become the Hulk?Or like the guy above me has just stated about SS abilities,why wouldn't he just take away Hulk powers?

Why wouldn't he stop himself from getting his head bitten off by The Hulk when he has the ability to see the future?Why would he get his head bitten off when he fought Hulk(Marvel Zombies) if he is strong enough to withstand the powerful crushing pressure from a Black Hole?

Like the forum stated here,it is the Silver Age Superman,who could extinguish stars with his breathe like a birthday cake,who could sneeze a Solar System away,who could travel thousands of times the speed of light,who has the knowledge of 28 known Galaxies.

So,do you think Superman is not smart enough to see through all of SS tricks,(the knowledge of 28 known Galaxies),and defeats him?

Or,do you think (SA)Superman doesn't have the abilities to time travel,(he has this ability),or the power to see the future,(he has this knowledge,too)

Basically,you don't know about Silver Age Superman at all.

#34 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Why can't Silver Surfer just take Superman's powers away? He can rearrange atoms and such using the power cosmic so I don't see why not. If he went to go fight him head on, not rearranging things, he would lose. But because of that ability I give it to the surfer."

Many Gods who has fought Silver Age Superman tried to do what you stated just now,including King Minas,Gaea,etc...etc...

King Minas,who has the ability to turn anything he touches into Gold,couldn't change Superman into Gold while Superman is in his weakest state,Gaea also couldn't tranform him.

Mind you,these gods has the same abilites as SS matter construct,and even worse they has Superman's weakness which is magic.But,still.They failed.

#35 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would win, like I said only Kryptonite or magic had any effect on SA Superman. And since SS isn't magic, his only chance would be to generate Kryptonite, which he wouldn't know about anyway. SS couldn't take away his powers or anything like that because it's not one of the two things listed above. I think that says all.

#36 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

"Nobody says:
"Why can't Silver Surfer just take Superman's powers away? He can rearrange atoms and such using the power cosmic so I don't see why not. If he went to go fight him head on, not rearranging things, he would lose. But because of that ability I give it to the surfer."
Many Gods who has fought Silver Age Superman tried to do what you stated just now,including King Minas,Gaea,etc...etc... King Minas,who has the ability to turn anything he touches into Gold,couldn't change Superman into Gold while Superman is in his weakest state,Gaea also couldn't tranform him. Mind you,these gods has the same abilites as SS matter construct,and even worse they has Superman's weakness which is magic.But,still.They failed."
Well if he has some sort of resistance to it like you say, then he would win.
#37 Posted by lordraiden (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

superman has control over his molecules, so that isn't gonna work for surfer! Superman comes from a scientific family, so it's in his blood, so he's very smart as well as very strong (last I checked, his intellect has been upgraded, so he's back to super-intelligence)! in all honesty, it could go either way! but SS does have a glass jaw when it comes to bricks!

#38 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands down

Silver Sufer! Superman is one the most deluded super heros.
Post Edited:2008-01-30 21:12:46

#39 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"Superman would win, like I said only Kryptonite or magic had any effect on SA Superman. And since SS isn't magic, his only chance would be to generate Kryptonite, which he wouldn't know about anyway. SS couldn't take away his powers or anything like that because it's not one of the two things listed above. I think that says all."

Honestly, read what I said here. What argument is there for SS.

#40 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"White Phantom says:
"Superman would win, like I said only Kryptonite or magic had any effect on SA Superman. And since SS isn't magic, his only chance would be to generate Kryptonite, which he wouldn't know about anyway. SS couldn't take away his powers or anything like that because it's not one of the two things listed above. I think that says all."
Honestly, read what I said here. What argument is there for SS."

Good Point White Phantom, I said Silver Age Superman would win too. Your Right, there isnt anything SS could do to Superman of the Silver Age, and with SA Superman having powers amped up to the point he could move several planets at one time like we move a buggy cart in Wal Mart, its curtains for SS.

#41 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Right. In most threads, Superman isn't SA, but this one is.

#42 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer.

#43 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Silver Surfer."

Did you read any of this!

#44 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... SA Superman is retarded! People actually read that garbage?!

#45 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu says:

"Wow... SA Superman is retarded! People actually read that garbage?!"

almost rimes.

Silver age, for me wasn't that big, but thats just me. More into the now.

#46 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu says:

"Wow... SA Superman is retarded! People actually read that garbage?!"

People like the SA Superman stories mainly because SA Superman uses more of his wits in a fight rather than his brawl.That's why you rarely seen him fighting a bloody battle with beings such as Doomsday(never exist yet in SA storyline).

As for the guys who think that Silver Surfer could absorbs his powers,Parasite did the same thing once to SA Superman,and left a very weak Superman that was just about to be killed by Parasite.Yet he was just about to kill Superman,he was caught by an alien force that was going to prisoned him in a certain planet.

Need to be mention that this feat is purely tactical,as Superman allows his powers to be absorbed by Parasite so that the alien would have time to catch Parasite off-guard.This is actually a trap that Superman and the alien force are trying to set up together in order to lure Parasite out.Of course,in a real fight,SA Superman would defeat Silver Surfer.

Here's the scan.

In real life

#47 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a great fight, but Surfer would win. The nummber of his abilities is greater than that of Superman. Plus he could absorb his energy.

#48 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

To Superboy Prime 1000, then wasn't Superman just pretending to be overcome by Parasite so he could be trapped?

#49 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

sighs Silver Surfer wins. 'Nuff said. He phases then tears out a vital organ of Supes'.

#50 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

The WeatherMan says:

"I think it would be a great fight, but Surfer would win. The nummber of his abilities is greater than that of Superman. Plus he could absorb his energy. 1"

Surfer can only absorb Superman's powers if Superman wants to,like the comic scans I posted above.

The number of abilities doesn't ensure a guarenteed winning.Superman has fought more powerful gods in the Silver Age that couldn't even beat a weeakened Superman.

Most people thought that the Surfer could just transfrom him into whatever the Surfer wants since he has the abilities of matter transmutation.

Superman has an amazing record against energy drain and transmutation: Cythonna couldn't transmute him to ice (merely make him cold); Midas couldn't turn him to gold; Soddom and Gemmorah couldn't turn a Kryptonite-weakened Superman to salt; Earth's Eldermost God couldn't drain Superman of his power and consume him (Superman fought it off and got out of his clutches); the goddes Gaea couldn't transform him; the demon Blaze couldn't transform him; etc.

So,absorbing Superman's power wasn't going to be an easy task especially the Silver Age Superman,unless Superman want's his powers to be absorbed,like the scans I've posted above.

I've heard many times however,that Silver Surfer could augment his strength levels far beyond his standard hulk-like strength to match those of even Galactus,yet,for some reason,he rarely does so,He get his head bitten off by the Hulk (Marvel Zombies)He also get beaten to an unconcious state afetr three punches from Hulk landed to him.

Until Silver Surfer gets a little smarter from his current self,my money is on Silver Age Superman.

Galactus eats planets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_planet

Sun Eaters obviously eat suns, we'll use ours as an example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_sun

This is how Superman deals with a sun eater:

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5828629

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5828632

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5828631

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5828630

Mind you this is our current Superman.

I'm not stating that,however,Superman could beat Galactus.Galactus capability hasn't been shown to the extent of what he can do.While our current Superman has the abilities to fight a sun eater who eats sun that contains trillion of energy more than a planet,the Silver Age Superman,who is much stronger than our current Superman,will definitely win Silver Surfer.