superman runs the justice league gauntlet

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#151  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@pokeysteve: I've been provided with an instance to which Wonder Woman was flat out beaten when Superman got serious. It debunks the myth of ''Wonder Woman always beating Superman'' that you've somehow chalked up

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 frozen  Moderator

@klaus said:

@frozen: What you are not understanding is that there is a difference between engaging into combat and using combat speed. When a football player tackles another player, technically he is engaging in combat, however that does not mean that football player used combat speed to tackle the other player. You know that I am right on this, yet refuse to concede. And no the definition of combat is not just fighting, it is also to vigorously oppose.

Now what in the scans show WW moving towards Billy? The lines coming off of Billy clearly show he was flying at her. We even see the flash beneath his foot showing him about to dash at her. And if you read Trinity war, you would know that who-ever was holding the artifact was angrier than normal, and we all know that anger clouds peoples judgements. She was clearly not thinking clearly. When someone is angry their memory doesn't fade awy, they just tend to do rash thing and fight stupid rather than be smart about things.

In the context we refer to, combat is fighting. And again, these are flimsy analogies you are chalking up. Characters can fly at each other and blitz into each other. As I've provided an example in spoiler block. ''You know I am right'' seems that you are refusing to concede.

It makes no sense that he's in the air, then comes down and then goes back up. He was on the ground, she was in the air and he's using his speed to catch her. He's moving his hand at speed. Yes, I have read Trinity War --- Wonder Woman was not some dumb, angry beast. She had her morals removed. She clearly referenced the events of Superman and Shazam's encounter rather well.

Stops at Arthur or Kyle

You should see the scan I posted on the next page, rather interesting.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By reaverlation

@frozen: Which scan because I saw numerous lol...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: Which scan because I saw numerous lol...

The one with Superman and Wonder Woman.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I saw it.Clark>Diana but does this mean that Clark would beat the characters I said or um...

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: This is from JLA a league of one which is NOT CANON

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: You are stilling failing to understand that WW used travel speed to tackle Supergirl, regardless of whether it is combat, the point still stands that using travel speed in combat does not equate to combat speed. WW tackled Supergirl by flying straight at her from a distance, this is travel speed. Using travel speed in combat doesn't make it combat speed. Combat speed is ONLY blocking, dodging, deflecting, , punching and reacting. As WW did none of these, it was not combat speed, it was travel speed in a combat scenario.

The only thing that is flimsy is your rebuttal or lack of it.

You are still not seeing that everything in the scan shows him moving towards her.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#158  Edited By Pokeysteve

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve: I've been provided with an instance to which Wonder Woman was flat out beaten when Superman got serious. It debunks the myth of ''Wonder Woman always beating Superman'' that you've somehow chalked up

I know it. A League of One which I believe is non-canon. That scan was popular a few years ago.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

I know it. A League of One which I believe is non-canon. That scan was popular a few years ago.

Actually, no. It's directly referenced in JLA; Vol 3, when DC stories had the Elseworlds logo. @saren pointed this out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Haha, so Diana even flat out admitted it, eh?

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By myerlanski

Pre 52 it stops at Aquamans but only because of his TP and AM is in the water where he is extremely fast. The water hand is a big advantage as well as the trident with better proven feats.

New 52 rocks until Flash.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@klaus said:

@frozen: This is from JLA a league of one which is NOT CANON

It's canon, as pointed out to you on the other thread.

@klaus said:

@frozen: You are stilling failing to understand that WW used travel speed to tackle Supergirl, regardless of whether it is combat, the point still stands that using travel speed in combat does not equate to combat speed. WW tackled Supergirl by flying straight at her from a distance, this is travel speed. Using travel speed in combat doesn't make it combat speed. Combat speed is ONLY blocking, dodging, deflecting, , punching and reacting. As WW did none of these, it was not combat speed, it was travel speed in a combat scenario.

The only thing that is flimsy is your rebuttal or lack of it.

You are still not seeing that everything in the scan shows him moving towards her.

I've told you a number of times yet you do not listen. I also provided you with evidence, yet again you ignored such. You don't know what combat is.

Yes, I am. What you're saying makes no sense; all he does is grab and punch her at superspeed, she's blitzing towards him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@wolverine08 said:

Haha, so Diana even flat out admitted it, eh?

Lol, yeah. And it's canon. It was referenced in canon continuity and was not billed as Elseworlds. It confirms my theory that she can't beat him without kryptonite or other aid, and honestly knocks her down a peg or two in what I thought Wonder Woman was capable of.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

Actually, no. It's directly referenced in JLA; Vol 3, when DC stories had the Elseworlds logo. @saren pointed this out.

Let's assume it had been mentioned, her beating/matching him on 4 different occasions takes precedence over ONE instance of character statement lol good lord hahahaha.

I'd love a scan of that reference too, for the future.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when MMH > Wally.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: ha i fucking knew there was something more to that scan i kept asking the same thing but i have never read that book or saw that part of the scan.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By comic_book_fan

in tier i see batman and superman being the top guys i feel if they did this it would come down to these 2 in the end even if batman has to win by pis i think most writers would have that at the end.

in true power superman beats them all except flash and manhunter has a good chance but i would give superman the majority.

supes beats flash unless it's wally and if wally was in character he would beat him as well but in this case flash wins manhunter has the powerset to win but i still give clark the majority .

everyone else dies quickly.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: they all have good feats against each other batman has a decent track record against most of the league but superman more times then not will beat either of them he is clearly stronger and faster and while still holding back has broken gl constructs fairly easily.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#172  Edited By PapiNacho

New 52 Superman stops at round 2, Pre 52 stops at round 6.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Kyle,J'onn,and Wally would single handily beat Superman in straight combat

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By comic_book_fan

@reaverlation: no they wouldn't wally might beat him manhunter has a shot but is still the underdog.

and kyle has the means to win but would never get the chance.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: wally would win but a no bs superman would blitz manhunter before he could phaze or use his tp and either lobotomize him or knock him out and breaks through kyles shields and turns him to green paste or just hit him before he could raise his shield.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By reaverlation

@agent41: actually,hate to say it due to Diana going down a peg like @frozen said,but Diana would lose to Clark and I already put Kyle over Diana. I also think Kyle beats Clark too

@comic_book_fan: J'onn already took down Clark and Clark already admitted of being afraid of fighting J'onn in open combat. Clark won't break Kyle's constructs with ease and Kyle isn't slow as he's been able to react to a ship going 7 times the speed of light. Kyle can just shoot kryptonite at Clark or BFR him to a Red Sun.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2.

Bat always carry a green kryptonite in his belt, not to mention he have a suit out of kryptonite.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: he was saying he would hate to fight manhunter because he is one of the most powerful beings on the planet not that he couldn't beat him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By reaverlation

@agent41: She can contend with him but won't take a majority over Clark

@comic_book_fan:No Clark actually admitted to being afraid of fighting J'onn.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

Let's assume it had been mentioned, her beating/matching him on 4 different occasions takes precedence over ONE instance of character statement lol good lord hahahaha.

I'd love a scan of that reference too, for the future.

Saren knew the instance, it was in JLA Vol 3 but sure, I'll get the scans. She's never beaten him on 4 occasions, or matched him for the matter.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't get past MM.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Could stop at 4, not getting past 6

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Beware_My_Power

He tastes the dirt when he gets to Wally...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Saren knew the instance, it was in JLA Vol 3 but sure, I'll get the scans. She's never beaten him on 4 occasions, or matched him for the matter.

She has. I showed you the scans and you ignored them, like that narrows it down.....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

She has. I showed you the scans and you ignored them, like that narrows it down.....

No she didn't, not without help and external factors --- do you really want me to narrow down the instances where he's shown to be more powerful?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

No she didn't, not without help and external factors --- do you really want me to narrow down the instances where he's shown to be more powerful?

I really want you to stop replying to me if I get to choose.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

I really want you to stop replying to me if I get to choose.

He has shown to be more powerful than her more often than not. There are literally a number of instances.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Stops at 4

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@pokeysteve: It's referenced in JLA: Secret Files and Origins Vol 1 #3 (December 2000). Factor in that it had no Elseworlds logo, it's canon.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 6 but flash should be higher than manhunter.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@frozen: i got your back from here.

WW could not beat Superman

I've been proved that numerous times and I can do it again.Diana never beats Clark especially in the Sacriface fight

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 frozen  Moderator

@dorukesin: The scan provided of Wonder Woman losing to Superman and then admitting she can't beat him without help is canon btw.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#197  Edited By dorukesin

Pre 52 it stops at Aquamans but only because of his TP and AM is in the water where he is extremely fast. The water hand is a big advantage as well as the trident with better proven feats.

New 52 rocks until Flash.

Clark is much faster than the speed of thought,he would take his heart before he thoughts.Also we're talking about bloodlusted Superman here,which means

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Vaeternus

I think he'll possibly stop at 4 because current White Lantern Kyle is really powerful he doesn't know what he can do but let's say he gets past him I'd say he can beat Diana but definitely stops at Wally. For this Aquaman controlling Supes.... AM ain't controlling his mind or beating him. He's not that powerful for one, and Superman isn't a fish nor animal two...lol. AM's tp isn't MMH level, not even close.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: dude I totally agree, but the op said AM is in the water and won't leave. AM in water is faster than any other being other than Mera, his wife.

Like I was expressing before, add his pre crisis abilities and I think he can take it. Now out of water, different story.

Also I said he runs it through the new 52 until flash. Believe me, I know how incredible Superman is.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin: lol i really like these scans superman owning the league like i always knew he could and the dialog between him and batman only confirms my thoughts on this even more.