• 82 results
Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Army2442

Superman is forced to arm wrestle the folowwing characters one after another the rules are:

This is new earth superman

He gets only 30 seconds of rest between matches

He must win to advance

current versions of all except dc characters are new earth versions and hercules has his powers

morals off for Supes and Marvel characters but on for DC characters

He wil face:

Round 1: Hulk Buster Iron Man

Round 2: Red Hulk

Round 3: Blue Marvel

Round 4: Gladiator

Round 5: Martian Manhunter

Round 6: Captain Marvel

Round 7: Hercules (marvel)

Round 8: World Breaker Hulk

Bonus Round: Namor and Black Adam athe the same time

How far does he make it?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

If J'onn can shape-shift/ manipulate his body mass/ absorb materials nearby to increase his strength, Supes stops there.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

I say clear it except the bonus round.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Army2442

@CitizenBane said:

If J'onn can shape-shift/ manipulate his body mass/ absorb materials nearby to increase his strength, Supes stops there.

He cant absorb materials just shape shift, remeber DC characters are in character except supes.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jameshebrew

beats em all

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Army2442

@jameshebrew said:

beats em all

I doubt it but its possiable if he beats them before he tires out.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jameshebrew

@Army2442: yeah, i was thinking the first 4 would end in a milisecond or so each so he wouldnt be to tired, redhulk would not be enraged i assume so he would go down easily

martian man hunter could take a while but i really believe supes is physically stronger

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Army2442

@jameshebrew said:

@Army2442: yeah, i was thinking the first 4 would end in a milisecond or so each so he wouldnt be to tired, redhulk would not be enraged i assume so he would go down easily

martian man hunter could take a while but i really believe supes is physically stronger

Gladiator would put up a fight as would blue marvel but they would definatly and decisivly lose, but remeber superman dosnt have time to rest between matches making the last round actually winable for hulk becuase supes would be tired by then.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jameshebrew

@Army2442: he might be a little tired by than yes,,but hulk would not be that strong right? because he wouldnt be all amped up on anger?

also, can superman switch arms...if so he takes this with ease

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Army2442

@jameshebrew: He can only use the same arm plus Captain Marvel, Manhunter, and Herc would give him hell, that in addition to the fact that World Breaker Hulk is massively strong inititally.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jameshebrew

@Army2442: i honestly dint see captin marvel there..he would give him hell! maybe he could do it but with just the 1 arm idk

Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Blacklightning13

Round 6 (he is tired at this point) and 8 are the hardest but I think he could make it to the bonus round then lose but barely.

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By carver9

Lol...he stalemates at Red Hulk. Pretty much everyone going against him is his equal in strength. WBH would rip his arms off. You could use Savage and he could possibly beat Superman under these conditions.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jameshebrew

@carver9: no no no

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By carver9

Why not when Savage Hulk has similar fts as Supes but could exceed even that due to rage? World at War Hulk was above Savage and World Breaker Hulk ripped a planet, killed Heralds, destroyed a planet and nearby moons, took out an entire race of mindless one with just the shockwaves of a punch. No one in this thread is matching or even coming close to WBH power. Armageddon has defeated Surfer and has also over powered Merged Hulk, someone that is pretty much either equal or surpass Superman strength. bi Beast has overpowered Thor twice in their first fight and physically, Thor and Supes are near equals...Wendigo has challenged Savage Hulk who has fts of powering through planetary level attacks,...all of these people are Heralds and WBH didn't even have to touch them to kill them and you are comparing a Herald to this power...no, just no and that not including him taking out a planet and moons withoutbeven making contact with the planet. wBH was in a different league and again, its debatable whos stronger out of Savage Hulk and Superman...WWH and WBH isn't even needed.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jameshebrew

what superman is this

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By carver9

I'm referring to Superman before the reboot. You would literally have to get rid of every showing he has had in a fight to think he is above all these people (he doesn't have a single showing putting him ahove WBH). If you look at his fights against similar people in this thread, its pretty obvious these people are in his tier...hell, Wonder Woman stalemated/defeated an enraged, non holding back Supes that was sunamped during Sacrifice. Captain Marvel has also held his own. These people are his equal, plain and simple. Despero has defeated Supes as well and he doesn't have any of the fts Supes have. Grundy has defeated him, Konvikt gave him and run for his money, he wasnt holding back against Black Adam and couldn't even move him out of the city...Titus has defeated him twice on panel, Doomsday has over powered him more than once and again, these people doesn't come close to having his fts. If this was a ft war, Gladiator would be above both Captain Marvel and Black Adam but that is highly debatable. These people are equals, Savage Hulk and Superman are equals, WWH>>Superman, WBH>>>>>Superman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

Look who's back.

@carver9 said:

I'm referring to Superman before the reboot. You would literally have to get rid of every showing he has had in a fight to think he is above all these people (he doesn't have a single showing putting him ahove WBH). If you look at his fights against similar people in this thread, its pretty obvious these people are in his tier...hell, Wonder Woman stalemated/defeated an enraged, non holding back Supes that was sunamped during Sacrifice. Captain Marvel has also held his own. These people are his equal, plain and simple. Despero has defeated Supes as well and he doesn't have any of the fts Supes have. Grundy has defeated him, Konvikt gave him and run for his money, he wasnt holding back against Black Adam and couldn't even move him out of the city...Titus has defeated him twice on panel, Doomsday has over powered him more than once and again, these people doesn't come close to having his fts. If this was a ft war, Gladiator would be above both Captain Marvel and Black Adam but that is highly debatable. These people are equals, Savage Hulk and Superman are equals, WWH>>Superman, WBH>>>>>Superman.

When did Captain Marvel hold his own? Wonder Woman also fought a bloodlusted Superman during War of the Gods and couldn't beat him. She also fought a regular Superman during A League Of One and stated that she could not possibly defeat him. She also stated that Power Girl is her equal in strength and speed, and Kara is not on Superman's level. Funny what feats we choose to focus on, huh? Grundy has only beaten Superman during incarnations when he could run through entire teams of the JLA/JSA, Wildcat has beaten other versions of Grundy twice, Green Arrow has beaten him, Bizarro once threw him into the sun. Despero has beaten Superman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, sometimes several of these people at the same time. So what on Earth are you saying when you say they don't have any feats? He didn't punch Black Adam when his back was turned out of principle. Does that not scream "holding back"? Titus defeated the entire League several times, he was already out of Superman's league to begin with, which places him in a different constellation from Hulk based on that alone. Doomsday has also lost to Superman, and he has more than enough feats. World War Hulk couldn't even beat Sentry, who doesn't have a single strength feat that puts him above Power Girl, let alone Superman.

The Hulk wanking on KMC is ridiculous.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

The only way that Sups can be stopped is by Martian Manhunter.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By Pokeysteve

6 and 7 will be tough. Not sure if he'll be too fatigued to get past Herc.

Why are morals even mentioned here by the way lol how would morals off change arm wrestling.

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By carver9

@CitizenBane said:

Look who's back.

@carver9 said:

When did Captain Marvel hold his own? Wonder Woman also fought a bloodlusted Superman during War of the Gods and couldn't beat him. She also fought a regular Superman during A League Of One and stated that she could not possibly defeat him. She also stated that Power Girl is her equal in strength and speed, and Kara is not on Superman's level. Funny what feats we choose to focus on, huh? Grundy has only beaten Superman during incarnations when he could run through entire teams of the JLA/JSA, Wildcat has beaten other versions of Grundy twice, Green Arrow has beaten him, Bizarro once threw him into the sun. Despero has beaten Superman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, sometimes several of these people at the same time. So what on Earth are you saying when you say they don't have any feats? He didn't punch Black Adam when his back was turned out of principle. Does that not scream "holding back"? Titus defeated the entire League several times, he was already out of Superman's league to begin with, which places him in a different constellation from Hulk based on that alone. Doomsday has also lost to Superman, and he has more than enough feats. World War Hulk couldn't even beat Sentry, who doesn't have a single strength feat that puts him above Power Girl, let alone Superman.

The Hulk wanking on KMC is ridiculous.

Looks more like Superman wanking if you ask me. Black Adam turning his back and Superman not punching him doesnt take away from the fact that Superman stated on panel he wasnt pulling his punches. It doesn't take away from the fsct that Superman stated he couldn't even move Black Adam out of the city "while he wasn't holding back". Lol...Superman has stated too many times that him and Cap are equals and the two are usually even when they fight. No denying this buddy. Lol...who hasn't ran through the JLA? The Hulk has stomped the Avengers as well. It's called the ninja law. Characters does better against a group of teams, its just how it is buddy. the one on one fights is the best way to determine things and Superman has lost or beenbstalemated by beings that are in Savage Hulk tier. If you honestly dont believe Superman and Savage Hulk are equals then you are ignoring the character history. Also...lol at Wonder Woman and Superman fight, Wonder Woman during Sacrifice had Superman dead to right and could have ended it when she sliced his throat but she didnt and this was a out to kill Superman. Superman doesn't have a single showing in a FIGHT putting him above his piers. These people are his equal and denying this is again, denying the character history. You are also underating Sentry. Sentry is a high Herald. Sentry was generating enough force during his fight against Genis that Worlds were being destroyed. Sentry broke Terrax ax like a twig and WWH fought a Sentry that displayed powers never shown before or after again. Stated on panel that their fight would have destroyed Earth. Obvious these two were in a different league during the time. The only downfall Sentry has is he holds his power back in fear of releasing the Void. He didn't do this against WWH, he let all of it lose. How about this, name me Superman strength fts so that we can see why you think he is stronger than Savage Hulk, let alone WWH, let alone WBH. Wait, you are going to say Superman held a black hole...let's not forget the Black hole was contained. Wait, he did it again why a GL was HELPING him...beings that has closef black holes under their own power. Wait, you are going to bring up the Mag ft. The same ft where humans were on the left and right of Superman aiding in pulling the chains. Then it was an engine, dont know how much force was used to accomplish this...unquantifiable. Wait, the planet moving ft where he needed help. What strength fts are you using buddy? Let's not bring up it taking the entire kryptonian race including Superman to move a moon back into orbit or it taking Superman going light speed to destroy the dark moon (and then he koed himself) or it taking Superboy, Supergirl, and Superman to stop a falling Brainiac ship and failed at doing this and Superman almost died from having spikes jabbed into him. Tell me these fts.

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By carver9

Lol at Martian Manhunter being the only problem to Superman. Wow, just wow.

carver9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By carver9

Just thought about something Citizen. Are you referring to Supes and Cap lifting the MAGICAL book of infinite pages (key word, magical since we don't know how this magic factors in the weight of the book)? In the same book, Superman was unable to even move a ship out of the city. If he had infinite strength, he could have easily tossed this but he failed. Again, this happened in the same story. [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01a.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01b.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01c.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01d.jpg[/url]

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I think Gladiator would notice that supes was tired by the time he gets to him (if blue marvel doesn't get him) and his confidence increases giving him the ability to win.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NEEK_03

@ssejllenrad said:

I say clear it except the bonus round.

this.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Dex_Starr

@CitizenBane:You should see the Wolverine wanking, it makes you want to eat a bottle of pain killers and lie down for a nap. Apparently Omega Red is a match for Lobo and all the Weapon X characters can beat Wonder Woman...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@Dex_Starr said:

@CitizenBane:You should see the Wolverine wanking, it makes you want to eat a bottle of pain killers and lie down for a nap. Apparently Omega Red is a match for Lobo and all the Weapon X characters can beat Wonder Woman...

Death spores, man. Serious business.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@Army2442: Is he under a yellow sun? It would be kind of unfair as the yellow sun would sustain his stamina. of been in dozens of arm wrestling matches and sometimes it's not even strength but stamina on who can hold out the longest. I've locked my arm so someone stronger than me couldn't pin me all the way. And although it was stupid and I was injured afterward I was able to win because he tired out and my stamina was greater.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Army2442

@SlimJ87D said:

@Army2442: Is he under a yellow sun? It would be kind of unfair as the yellow sun would sustain his stamina. of been in dozens of arm wrestling matches and sometimes it's not even strength but stamina on who can hold out the longest. I've locked my arm so someone stronger than me couldn't pin me all the way. And although it was stupid and I was injured afterward I was able to win because he tired out and my stamina was greater.

He is under artifical sun light and completely fresh at the start of the competetion.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saren

@carver9 said:

Looks more like Superman wanking if you ask me. Black Adam turning his back and Superman not punching him doesnt take away from the fact that Superman stated on panel he wasnt pulling his punches. It doesn't take away from the fsct that Superman stated he couldn't even move Black Adam out of the city "while he wasn't holding back". Lol...Superman has stated too many times that him and Cap are equals and the two are usually even when they fight. No denying this buddy. Lol...who hasn't ran through the JLA? The Hulk has stomped the Avengers as well. It's called the ninja law. Characters does better against a group of teams, its just how it is buddy. the one on one fights is the best way to determine things and Superman has lost or beenbstalemated by beings that are in Savage Hulk tier. If you honestly dont believe Superman and Savage Hulk are equals then you are ignoring the character history. Also...lol at Wonder Woman and Superman fight, Wonder Woman during Sacrifice had Superman dead to right and could have ended it when she sliced his throat but she didnt and this was a out to kill Superman. Superman doesn't have a single showing in a FIGHT putting him above his piers. These people are his equal and denying this is again, denying the character history. You are also underating Sentry. Sentry is a high Herald. Sentry was generating enough force during his fight against Genis that Worlds were being destroyed. Sentry broke Terrax ax like a twig and WWH fought a Sentry that displayed powers never shown before or after again. Stated on panel that their fight would have destroyed Earth. Obvious these two were in a different league during the time. The only downfall Sentry has is he holds his power back in fear of releasing the Void. He didn't do this against WWH, he let all of it lose. How about this, name me Superman strength fts so that we can see why you think he is stronger than Savage Hulk, let alone WWH, let alone WBH. Wait, you are going to say Superman held a black hole...let's not forget the Black hole was contained. Wait, he did it again why a GL was HELPING him...beings that has closef black holes under their own power. Wait, you are going to bring up the Mag ft. The same ft where humans were on the left and right of Superman aiding in pulling the chains. Then it was an engine, dont know how much force was used to accomplish this...unquantifiable. Wait, the planet moving ft where he needed help. What strength fts are you using buddy? Let's not bring up it taking the entire kryptonian race including Superman to move a moon back into orbit or it taking Superman going light speed to destroy the dark moon (and then he koed himself) or it taking Superboy, Supergirl, and Superman to stop a falling Brainiac ship and failed at doing this and Superman almost died from having spikes jabbed into him. Tell me these fts.

No Caption Provided

No, it's just more Hulk wanking, which is typical, really........I suppose I shouldn't expect much more from the guy who once tried to claim Colossus was stronger than Darkseid, should I?

You want to define Black Adam's strength against Superman based on one fight instead of the wealth of feats that both possess because it fits your argument better. You ignore the fact that Adam has been whipped by Jay Garrick and his only feats that rank him as a Superman-tier character, the only feats that say he could even match Superman in a fight where both of them were going all out is from a PIS-fest like World War III. I'll save you some time: you're not going to find a single sane person who believes World War III should be taken seriously. Your statement about how you're sure Superman wasn't pulling his punches doesn't change the fact that when he had the chance to hit Adam, a chance to hit him with a punch that he stated could have shattered a moon, he pulled his punch. What he said and what he actually did do not add up. I don't know what's so hard to see there.

Plenty of people have not run through the JLA. Plenty of people have been utterly, horrendously, curbstomped by the JLA. The average JLA team is, pound for pound, a lot more powerful than the average Avengers squad, and beating the JLA virtually guarantees that you're better than Hulk. I honestly cannot comprehend how anyone could believe Hulk of all people would last longer than a couple of minutes against the JLA, and that's probably a generous estimate. When has Hulk ever stomped a decent Avengers line-up? He fought a team consisting of Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Starfox and Photon (still not the best team, mind you) in Incredible Hulk #300, and the only people he actually beat were Starfox (who's a loser beyond description) and Vision (which is not surprising, considering the pre-existing strength disparity). Photon didn't do anything apart from turn into gamma energy and phase through him at high speed on Vision's orders. That was the sum extent of her involvement in the conflict. Scarlet Witch didn't do anything apart from floating in the air. That's one hell of a team effort, huh? Then Hulk fought Thor and they were roughly evenly matched; it would probably be more accurate to say Thor had the advantage since he whacked Hulk through the air and into an adamantium statue with one free Mjolnir strike while Hulk didn't move Thor from his standing position with any of his hits. Then he was BFR'd away by Strange. Prior to the Avengers showing up, he beat Johnny Storm, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. How terribly impressive. And Hulk has also lost to Thor alone twice, in The Incredible Hulk Annual 2001 and in Hammer & Sinew. If Hulk has ever actually stomped a half-way decent Avengers line-up, bring it up. And don't say "their first fight in Avengers #3", both Thor and Ant-Man stated that they were holding back because they didn't want to hurt Hulk, and at any rate Thor and Iron Man were the only non-factor members of that group. And if he did beat a halfway decent Avengers line-up, does it ring no alarms that he could do something like that despite the fact that he's fought one lone Avenger about 15 times and never been able to win? I'm excluding the two fights in Journey Into Mystery #112 and The Mighty Thor #385 since Thor didn't have Mjolnir in either one of those duels (Hulk didn't win in either case, anyway. It was just harder for Thor).

I find it hilarious that you want to hold Superman's own statement against him in the case of Black Adam despite the on-panel instance of him pulling a punch in that very same fight, but still want to claim Captain Marvel is Superman's equal just because Superman says so. I mean.....wow. Captain Marvel thought Superman was KO'd in an early issue of Superman/Batman, until it turned out that Superman was faking so he could get closer to Luthor. Then he KO'd Marvel and stole his costume. The only time Cap has actually KO'd Superman was in an issue of JLA v3 where he sucker punched Superman, and even then he admitted that he got lucky. In the same series where Captain Marvel lost to Wonder Woman, he lost an arm-wrestling match with Superman. He fought Superman while he was under the illusion that he was fighting Black Adam (at the same time, Superman was fighting Billy while under the illusion that he was fighting Hank Henshaw) and commented that Adam's punch (in reality it was Superman's, of course) was stronger than anything he could muster. I don't know, it just seems to me that if I was forced to pick between feats and statements based on the grounds of which one is more reliable, I'd pick feats all day. I really want to know where you've seen them being even or Batson holding an advantage when they fight. You've piqued my curiosity. Name some of these instances, please.

And on the note of your apparent affinity for statements over actual feats; here are some statements from Wonder Woman worth mentioning:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's one statement from Diana where she says Superman is stronger than the rest of the League, and thus her as well, in almost every way, from Adventures of Superman #642 (this was part of the Sacrifice series, right before Wonder Woman #219 where they actually fought), one statement from Diana in A League of One where she says she cannot beat Superman in direct combat, and another statement from Diana in Wonder Woman #41 where she says Power Girl, whose stats are not on Superman's level, is her equal in strength and speed. So if you believe Superman/Captain Marvel's statements about their supposed equality or Superman's statement that he wasn't pulling any punches against Black Adam must be taken as fact, are you willing to concede to Wonder Woman's statements that she's not on Superman's level? No? Didn't think so. Setting that aside, I've already pointed out that they fought twice apart from that, in War of the Gods (Wonder Woman #175, if I'm not mistaken) and A League Of One, and Wonder Woman couldn't/didn't win in either instance. Neither fight went well for her. But of course, let's focus on the one fight that did. Because, you know, one showing is everything, right?

As for their Sacrifice fight, what on Earth are you talking about when you say Wonder Woman had Superman dead to rights? She cut his throat, and it healed in moments. No real damage was done. And what was the cut even going to do anyway? Bleed him out? His heart beats at an extraordinarily slow rate anyway, it would take ages to bleed him out, he's guaranteed to heal long before that. He's even survived without a heart for some time. She lands one good hit and all of a sudden she's got him dead to rights? How about the time at the start of the fight when he blitzed her and was about to throw her into the sun before she used kryptonite to get away? Is that supposed to be ignored for some reason? Wonder Woman has no strength feats that place her beyond Superman. She has no speed feats that place her beyond Superman. She has no durability feats that place her beyond Superman. Derive a logical conclusion from that. And if you're honestly not aware of these instances, then you're doing a much better job of "denying the character history", which is what you seem to be accusing me of like it's going out of style.

Sentry......sigh. He's not "high Herald" or anything close. Not a single world was destroyed in his fight with Photon (which took place in the microverse, so it's anyone's guess as to what destroying a world in there actually means). Not one, single, world was destroyed. It was stated that the power they were releasing could destroy worlds, but have I expounded enough about how meaningless statements usually are? In Death of the New Gods, a statement was made about how Superman could shatter a planet if he so chose. Should I take that as fact? The Spectre stated that Superman was one of the mightiest beings in creation. Should I take that as fact? Alan Scott has been stated to be one of the most powerful beings in the universe (should I take that as fact?) and he said Superman was the strongest being on the planet. Should I take that as fact? Ad nauseam. Why exactly is breaking Terrax' ax supposed to be a big deal? I could understand if you claimed he broke the blade, since it shattered a planet once, but he broke the handle, and why exactly is that a big deal? Sue Storm's shields have tanked a hit from Terrax' ax. Add to that the fact that Terrax is a cosmic jobber who's lost to Thing and Silver Centurion Iron Man. Beating Terrax is not really impressive for characters above a certain level. "Powers never shown before or after again"? What exactly were these powers? The ability to fly straight into Hulk's outstretched fist? LOL. Sentry also lost to Anti-Man and barely beat Blue Marvel, collapsing into Wonder Man's arms after the fight. Again, Sentry does not have a single strength feat that sets him above Power Girl, forget about Superman. And I've read every single Sentry appearance to date, even his silly Mary Sue tie-ins with Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. World War Hulk stalemating Sentry is virtually proof that he wouldn't beat Superman.

I know how you think lifting feats are the only definitive proof of a character's strength (that's how you arrived at the Darkseid<Colossus conclusion, isn't it?) so I'm not going to waste time on something that makes absolutely no sense. How much help did Green Lantern actually provide in containing that black hole? What did he do? You bring up the Mageddon incident, but do you honestly believe that the combined strength of those humans would have mattered much in that situation? As for it being unquantifiable....what? You know how large Mageddon is, approximating the strength required to move an object that size is simple. Superman moving Mageddon's engines really isn't that different from how (for instance) Majestic shifted the axis of the planet by pushing against a mountain. Superman's also torn through a Saturnian moon in one shot, punched Protex straight through a continental shelf, and......honestly, a bunch of stuff that I just don't care enough to post. So I'm going to change tack and ask: what feats are YOU going off? Hulk destroying an asteroid? He was being propelled at sufficient speeds, it's more of a durability feat than a strength feat. Hulk holding a 150 billion ton mountain? By his own admission, he simply braced it against its side. Hulk holding Sakaar together? In actuality, he held two tectonic plates together. Big whoop. Hulk breaking Onslaught's armor? So did Cyclops, Thor and Sue Storm. Once again, big whoop.

@carver9 said:

Just thought about something Citizen. Are you referring to Supes and Cap lifting the MAGICAL book of infinite pages (key word, magical since we don't know how this magic factors in the weight of the book)? In the same book, Superman was unable to even move a ship out of the city. If he had infinite strength, he could have easily tossed this but he failed. Again, this happened in the same story. [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01a.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01b.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01c.jpg[/url] [url]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/lifting/finalcrisisbeyond3d01d.jpg[/url]

I never even raised this point, so I don't see why you thought I was referring to it. Nor would I even bring up this instance, considering that a book containing infinite pages and yet not occupying infinite space doesn't make sense. But are you honestly trying to dismiss the feat on the grounds of magic? Seriously? Does that mean Despero lifting the Rock of Eternity doesn't count since it's a magic object? Does that mean Thor moving the World Engine doesn't count since it's a magic object? I mean.....seriously?

As for those scans, do I need to bring up Hulk's myriad moments of ignominy? I assure you, there are plenty.

And besides, we already had this debate months ago, and then you ran back to KMC.

To quote PunkMastaFlex,

Superman's perception on time coupled with his speed and strength will win him the match. Superman possesses nanosecond reaction, this means he'll percieve Hulk as a statue and therefore, Superman beats him in a nanosecond of the armwrestling match.
If this is World Breaker Hulk, he still loses due to the vast levels between both their levels of speed. Hulk at his best portrayments can react to missles and such, Superman can react to light from 2-3 feet away easily. That's a vast difference between both characters' perception (Or how they percieve time).
I'm sorry but despite the Hulk actually being slightly stronger than Superman, Superman's speed and perception on time will enable him the win with EASE. It's like arm wrestling a statue (That Superman can break)
chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chaos-soul
@jameshebrew said:

@carver9: no no no

this made me laugh but i say he stops at herc
Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Army2442

@CitizenBane: Supermans speed is reduced to he level of his opponets, even with this restriction I doubt hulk would win.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Army2442

bump

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By the creator

CitizenBane did quite a good job with his posting so I don't have to do too much heavy lifting. In quantifiable feats Superman is very much stronger than anyone else on the list except for Martian Manhunter, Capt Marvel and Black Adam. He beats MM, he only just beats Capt Marvel but is stopped in the bonus round by BA.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jameshebrew

@carver9: its true

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NEEK_03

@the creator said:

CitizenBane did quite a good job with his posting so I don't have to do too much heavy lifting. In quantifiable feats Superman is very much stronger than anyone else on the list except for Martian Manhunter, Capt Marvel and Black Adam. He beats MM, he only just beats Capt Marvel but is stopped in the bonus round by BA.

agreed. couldnt have said it better myself.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jameshebrew

@chaos-soul: lol maybe

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@CitizenBane: kk nice post though I'm only gonna talk about the hulk part since it's the character I know best. First of his fight with sentry was pre-WBH. Holding the only two tectonic plate from a planet as big as earth is quite an huge feat and it was pre-WWH. This is a pure strength match all of supes abilities that normally give him an edge are useless here. And now you want to tell me that WBH who is so many leagues above WWH who himself is ridiculously stronger than savage is gonna get beaten in a strength match (which is his main power and is at the highest level of all his incarnation), is gonna get beaten by a normal supes which has just be weakened from successfully beating (saying he did) 7 previous powerhouses. Now that's just called fanboyism.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Army2442

@Super_Gui_1: I wouldnt call it fanboyism, supes has a shot in the last round if he can make it that far.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@Army2442 said:

@Super_Gui_1: I wouldnt call it fanboyism, supes has a shot in the last round if he can make it that far.

I did say I wouldn't mention the others, and WBH is leagues above any of the previous ones.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Army2442

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

I did say I wouldn't mention the others, and WBH is leagues above any of the previous ones.

What are WB hulks feats anyway, all Ive seen him do is stop juggs and almost shatter the eastern sea board with a single step.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@Army2442 said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

What are WB hulks feats anyway, all Ive seen him do is stop juggs and almost shatter the eastern sea board with a single step.

WWH stopped juggs WBH did the the eastern sea board thing. Well WBH best feat is destroying a planet (and multiple being with high durability) indirectly due to a collision with red she hulk. So he basicly has planet buster level of pure strength. Must stronger than pulling the earth with assistance and with flight if you ask me.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By _Black

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

WWH stopped juggs WBH did the the eastern sea board thing. Well WBH best feat is destroying a planet (and multiple being with high durability) indirectly due to a collision with red she hulk. So he basicly has planet buster level of pure strength. Must stronger than pulling the earth with assistance and with flight if you ask me.

So destroying a planet by colliding with Red She-Hulk certainly takes more strength than to pull around one-third of the Earth's weight? Lol. Destroying a planet by one's self is not a feat of pure strength, (there are other factors), I don't see how that particular example is either.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Saren

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane: kk nice post though I'm only gonna talk about the hulk part since it's the character I know best. First of his fight with sentry was pre-WBH. Holding the only two tectonic plate from a planet as big as earth is quite an huge feat and it was pre-WWH. This is a pure strength match all of supes abilities that normally give him an edge are useless here. And now you want to tell me that WBH who is so many leagues above WWH who himself is ridiculously stronger than savage is gonna get beaten in a strength match (which is his main power and is at the highest level of all his incarnation), is gonna get beaten by a normal supes which has just be weakened from successfully beating (saying he did) 7 previous powerhouses. Now that's just called fanboyism.

I know his fight with Sentry was pre-WBH. Holding two tectonic plates together may be a huge feat but it is not "holding the planet together", no matter how much carver9 keeps insisting that it must be. I was not taking into account any of the 7 powerhouses prior; carver9 claimed Hulk alone would beat Superman. I replied to that and that alone.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@_Black said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@Army2442 said:

So destroying a planet by colliding with Red She-Hulk certainly takes more strength than to pull around one-third of the Earth's weight? Lol. Destroying a planet by one's self is not a feat of pure strength, (there are other factors), I don't see how that particular example is either.

There's as much difference between those 2 things than a guy pushing a pillar that would support your house and moving it and you going outside your house clapping your hands and making explode... With flight it WBH would easily have the level of stength to pull multiple time that weight.

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

I know his fight with Sentry was pre-WBH. Holding two tectonic plates together may be a huge feat but it is not "holding the planet together", no matter how much carver9 keeps insisting that it must be. I was not taking into account any of the 7 powerhouses prior; carver9 claimed Hulk alone would beat Superman. I replied to that and that alone.

Even if it was first round supes should never win in a pure strength contest vs WBH vs savage sure it shouldn't be too hard but WBH is simply on another level. The fact that it wasn't even WWH who did that feat should be enough to understand what WBH can do in comparaison. I know most people just think of WBH as a more powerful of Hulk, but that would be like saying that Hulk is a more powerful version of Banner, or that a year of sun-dip supes is just a stronger version of normal supes, when they're really just on 2 different leagues.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Saren

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

Even if it was first round supes should never win in a pure strength contest vs WBH vs savage sure it shouldn't be too hard but WBH is simply on another level. The fact that it wasn't even WWH who did that feat should be enough to understand what WBH can do in comparaison. I know most people just think of WBH as a more powerful of Hulk, but that would be like saying that Hulk is a more powerful version of Banner, or that a year of sun-dip supes is just a stronger version of normal supes, when they're really just on 2 different leagues.

Really? >.<

How much of the planet's destruction was Hulk's strength alone? How much was Betty's? How much was the enormous amounts of gamma radiation leaking out of each of them? There are no answers for any of those questions, and WBH has never destroyed a planet by himself, ever. Superman has also pulled the Earth solo with a harness created by Green Lantern.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

Really? >.<

How much of the planet's destruction was Hulk's strength alone? How much was Betty's? How much was the enormous amounts of gamma radiation leaking out of each of them? There are no answers for any of those questions, and WBH has never destroyed a planet by himself, ever. Superman has also pulled the Earth solo with a harness created by Green Lantern.

He could if he needed/wanted to. It was collateral damage from their fight anyway, you can't tell which one did more (though technically it should be WBH). Main reason he never did is simply before that form only happened twice and is an extremely rare occurance, he's at his very best he it doesn't last unless there's a good reason. He only appeared twice I believe. First time the eastern seaboard was nearly broken from footsteps and he was holding back. Second time he wasn't caring and the planet was destroyed (in the fight with Red She Hulk). Current normal Hulk (which has been stronger ever since WWH) created earthquackes over the world be fighting close to the center of the earth. Plus he's greatly limited in term of showing by the fact that he just can't fly. Anyhow point is if a normal supes with all his power is still considered stronger than the best incarnation of Hulk in his best area, I was right to consider pre-flashpoint DC to be a bit silly.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Saren

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

Really? >.<

He could if he needed/wanted to. It was collateral damage from their fight anyway, you can't tell which one did more (though technically it should be WBH). Main reason he never did is simply before that form only happened twice and is an extremely rare occurance, he's at his very best he it doesn't last unless there's a good reason. He only appeared twice I believe. First time the eastern seaboard was nearly broken from footsteps and he was holding back. Second time he wasn't caring and the planet was destroyed (in the fight with Red She Hulk). Current normal Hulk (which has been stronger ever since WWH) created earthquackes over the world be fighting close to the center of the earth. Plus he's greatly limited in term of showing by the fact that he just can't fly. Anyhow point is if a normal supes with all his power is still considered stronger than the best incarnation of Hulk in his best area, I was right to consider pre-flashpoint DC to be a bit silly.

And you're judging that based on things he actually did, or things you believe/want to believe he should be able to do? You can't tell which one did more, and you can't tell exactly how much damage Hulk did on his own. How much of it was the non-strength related gamma radiation? That feat is what carver9 likes to claim of every major Superman feat........unquantifiable. Current Normal Hulk couldn't break Bannertech force-fields. He's also greatly limited in terms of showings by the fact that he's a snail compared to other Marvel/DC powerhouses.

You can consider pre-Flashpoint DC to be anything you want, I've always considered Hulk to be an idiotic character whose stories revolve around the same three or four themes over and over again ad nauseam. Neither view affects the outcome.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

Really? >.<

And you're judging that based on things he actually did, or things you believe/want to believe he should be able to do? You can't tell which one did more more, and you can't tell exactly how much damage Hulk did on his own. How much of it was the non-strength related gamma radiation? That feat is what carver9 likes to claim of every major Superman feat........unquantifiable. Current Normal Hulk couldn't break Bannertech force-fields. He's also greatly limited in terms of showings by the fact that he's a snail compared to other Marvel/DC powerhouses.

You can consider pre-Flashpoint DC to be anything you want, I've always considered Hulk to be an idiotic character whose stories revolve around the same three or four themes over and over again ad nauseam. Neither view affects the outcome.

Being a snail is the reason he would get beaten by lots of DC powerhouses, but in term of pure stength he's not that far gone while WBH is simply that much stronger. I don't care about carver9 XD his debate can go wherever it may go, plus you're no better than him if you use the same tactic. Gammertech also took hit from juggernaunt and most people like to think he's still stronger than WWH, not making much of a point there.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Saren

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

Really? >.<

And you're judging that based on things he actually did, or things you believe/want to believe he should be able to do? You can't tell which one did more more, and you can't tell exactly how much damage Hulk did on his own. How much of it was the non-strength related gamma radiation? That feat is what carver9 likes to claim of every major Superman feat........unquantifiable. Current Normal Hulk couldn't break Bannertech force-fields. He's also greatly limited in terms of showings by the fact that he's a snail compared to other Marvel/DC powerhouses.

Being a snail is the reason he would get beaten by lots of DC powerhouses, but in term of pure stength he's not that far gone while WBH is simply that much stronger. I don't care about carver9 XD his debate can go wherever it may go, plus you're no better than him if you use the same tactic. Gammertech also took hit from juggernaunt and most people like to think he's still stronger than WWH, not making much of a point there.

Bannertech should not be taking more than a few hits from Juggernaut (and as I remember, the only reason they did was because the shields were powering themselves up from the kinetic energy of the hits or something like that). If Hulk is so incredibly strong, then how are Banner's current shields still able to take so many hits from him? They're not Sue Storm's shields.