• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by supermanisthebest (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime has the three days of prep. Thanos have only 1 day of the prep time. Superman is of bloodlust.Of the two universe busters, who is the winner?

In Space
#2 Posted by Nefarious (20365 posts) - - Show Bio

(Facepalm)

#3 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime wont do anything with prep except maybe sunbathe but thats beside the point.Thanos could put up a fight without the IG with it this is horrible over kill .UI would recomend doing some research on the character before making a battle

#4 Posted by FunnyStuff707 (179 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos easily.

#5 Posted by flamingmuffin (387 posts) - - Show Bio

where are these people coming from?

#6 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime. IG is useless unless their fighting in the Marvel universe.

#7 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME: Unless stated otherwise fight is in a neutral setting and anything that the characters bring works so in this fight the IG would in fact work
#8 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME said:
Prime. IG is useless unless their fighting in the Marvel universe.
So, it was pointless saying Thanos has the IG?? Who said it was in the DCU? Another silly battle, putting prime on par with the IG??

@Nefarious said:
(Facepalm)

is all I can say!!
#9 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock: No it wouldn't. =p
#10 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME: Yes it would did you read my post?
#11 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock:  Yes I read your post, I was joking, damn.
#12 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio
@LONGTIME: My bad then hard to get jokes via internet no tone ya know?
#13 Posted by Nefarious (20365 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden: Indeed.
#14 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock:  Yeah I know, it's cool.
#15 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a horrible spite . 

#16 Posted by departed402 (549 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden:  2004 issue JLA vs Avenger it was said IG wouldnt work outside the Marvel U. But really it doesnt matter because that was non-canon not even I will defend Primes case here. Thanos was nigh- Omnipotent in the Marvel U. I cant see Prime winning that.
#18 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite against Supes here (assuming, of course, that this fight takes place in a universe where both players' powers work fully).

#19 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:
@lordraiden:  2004 issue JLA vs Avenger it was said IG wouldnt work outside the Marvel U. But really it doesnt matter because that was non-canon not even I will defend Primes case here. Thanos was nigh- Omnipotent in the Marvel U. I cant see Prime winning that.

Yes, I know that, as i've read those issues, as I've got those issues and bought them as they came out.  No where in the op does it state it's set in the DCU, and considering the fact that the op stated Thanos HAS the IG, means that the op was stating how would SMP fair against Thanos w/IG, is what I was I was stating.  My point is, it would be a redundant thread/battle, if the IG was rendered useless, so one has to assume that the point of the battle is, can SMP doing anything against Thanos with the IG, not against Thanos w/IG that doesn't work, if yo catch my drift. 
#20 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden: I agree OP clearly said SMP vs IG Thanoes. IG Thanoes wins. Hands down no dispute. Anybody comes in here saying Prime...is not even trying to use logic. 

Superman Prime 1 Million vs IG Thanoes is questionable tho.
#21 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:

@lordraiden:  2004 issue JLA vs Avenger it was said IG wouldnt work outside the Marvel U. But really it doesnt matter

because that was non-canon

not even I will defend Primes case here. Thanos was nigh- Omnipotent in the Marvel U. I cant see Prime winning that.

Finally! Somebody says it!
#22 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@supermandefender said:

@lordraiden:  2004 issue JLA vs Avenger it was said IG wouldnt work outside the Marvel U. But really it doesnt matter

not even I will defend Primes case here. Thanos was nigh- Omnipotent in the Marvel U. I cant see Prime winning that.

Indeed, but..did they really need to?? obviously, it wasn't that obvious lol
#23 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont understand the purpose of 'prep' for someone with the infinity gauntlet... particularly the mind gem

#24 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden said:
@JediXMan said:
@supermandefender said:

Apparently it did need saying, because far too many bring up the "it doesn't work in the DCU" BS.
#25 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:
@lordraiden: I agree OP clearly said SMP vs IG Thanoes. IG Thanoes wins. Hands down no dispute. Anybody comes in here saying Prime...is not even trying to use logic.   Superman Prime 1 Million vs IG Thanoes is questionable tho.
Not really.  Thanos would win on feats alone, as no one would have anything to back SMP 1M outside of theory and what they think he should be.  I don't recall even SMP 1M having absolute/infinite control over time, space, power, reality, souls and mind.  IIRC SMP 1M still used a GL ring to defeat Solaris and needed help to bring Lois back, so he was far from omnipotent.
#26 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman dies a horrible death.

#27 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@lordraiden said:
@JediXMan said:
@supermandefender said:

Apparently it did need saying, because far too many bring up the "it doesn't work in the DCU" BS.
Agreed.  That always gave me the...shits, when people brought that up.  That's why people gave Thanos the IG in certain battle threads. cause it didn't work (sarcasm included, incase it wasn't obvious ;-)
#28 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden: SMP 1million used the ring and it was amped to destroy Solaris. He problly could have done it. Without the ring. I had like centuries of training with the source itself. And with not just that he brought back Krypton and his father back from the grave 800 centuries in the future. Thats a pretty high feat. He has shown to be  nigh-omniscient. And if his cosmic awareness is that powerful to the point he can notice individual subatomic universes about to be destroyed and stop them from being destroyed thats pretty powerful! So id guess he is near to nigh-omnipotence. To me the most impressive thing about him which shows me that he is problly on par or possiblly more powerful than IG Thanoes is the fact that SMP 1 million is aware on a multiversal level. IG thanos had power in 1 universe and was a threat 2 only 1 universe. He apprently wasnt completely omnipotent because Living tribunal didnt even care to get involved. He saw no threat to the mutliverse with IG Thanoes around. Eternity how did get involved which did show him as a extremely high level. 

For all purposes to me both prime 1 million and IG Thanoes are nigh-omnipotent......but each have there limitation. Power is def. incredible for both. However IG thanoes has shown to be not omniscient at all not even knowing Surfer was trying to speed blizt and take they IG away from him.....and other problems. But his power was amazing. I still think that would be a good match. I dunno who would win but if Prime 1 million is the most powerful and more powerful than superman from the 5th dimension and kal-kent he must be pretty freaking ridiculous.
#29 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordraiden: Well you have to admit to that IG Thanoes isnt nearly omniscient.....and he never went outside of his own Current marvel U....and apparently the Living Tribunal didnt care much for eternities plea to take care of Thanoes and saw Thanoes as no threat to the multiverse......so that means Thanoes is somewhere above eternity but below the Living tribunal. 

IG Thanoes did show some low feats when it came to cosmic awareness and other skills. Like we know he wasnt Omniscient or omnipresence. And it also has his limitations in power. So at best he is nigh-omnipotent. And thats where the whole issue about IG came from in the 2004 isse.
#30 Posted by lordraiden (7139 posts) - - Show Bio
A few things you need to be aware of.

@supermandefender said:
@lordraiden: SMP 1million used the ring and it was amped to destroy Solaris. He problly could have done it. Without the ring. I had like centuries of training with the source itself. And with not just that he brought back Krypton and his father back from the grave 800 centuries in the future. Thats a pretty high feat. He has shown to be  nigh-omniscient. And if his cosmic awareness is that powerful to the point he can notice individual subatomic universes about to be destroyed and stop them from being destroyed thats pretty powerful! So id guess he is near to nigh-omnipotence. To me the most impressive thing about him which shows me that he is problly on par or possiblly more powerful than IG Thanoes is the fact that SMP 1 million is aware on a multiversal level. IG thanos had power in 1 universe and was a threat 2 only 1 universe. He apprently wasnt completely omnipotent because Living tribunal didnt even care to get involved. He saw no threat to the mutliverse with IG Thanoes around. Eternity how did get involved which did show him as a extremely high level.   For all purposes to me both prime 1 million and IG Thanoes are nigh-omnipotent......but each have there limitation. Power is def. incredible for both. However IG thanoes has shown to be not omniscient at all not even knowing Surfer was trying to speed blizt and take they IG away from him.....and other problems. But his power was amazing. I still think that would be a good match. I dunno who 
would win but if Prime 1 million is the most powerful and more powerful than superman from the 5th dimension and kal-kent he must be pretty freaking ridiculous.
The reason LT didn't intervene on Eternities behalf was not that he didn't see Thanos as a threat, but that he was going to surpass/surplant Eternity in the natural order of things, the main term being, NATURAL order of things, so LT was not concerned with Eternity or the fact he was going to lose his spot in the cosmic order of things.  As far as LT and the IG goes, he more than likely might be above it in overall power, possibly, but stated to Warlock that it would be a considerable battle that may lay waste to reality with nothing left in the end, and even then, stated to Warlock was not sure he would even succeed if that hapend. Also, you're obviously not aware he numbed/powered himself down when he took on the heroe's in issue 4 of the original IG saga to specifically make it entertaining for himself so he wouldn't wipe them out instantaneously, and you might recall if you have the issue, after SS nearly swiped from him, he realized what was happening, and willed himself back to full power, in wich he took on the abstracts in the next isse, and totally whipeed them all at once, without Eternity, who'm he defeated at the end.

@supermandefender said:
@lordraiden: Well you have to admit to that IG Thanoes isnt nearly omniscient.....and he never went outside of his own Current marvel U....and apparently the Living Tribunal didnt care much for eternities plea to take care of Thanoes and saw Thanoes as no threat to the multiverse......so that means Thanoes is somewhere above eternity but below the Living tribunal.   IG Thanoes did show some low feats when it came to cosmic awareness and other skills. Like we know he wasnt Omniscient or omnipresence. And it also has his limitations in power. So at best he is nigh-omnipotent. And thats where the whole issue about IG came from in the 2004 isse.
Again, LT didn't intervene cause it was the natural order of things, someone more powerful comes along and takes over the last person/being.  The limits of the IG are only the limits of the bearer, not the IG itself.
#31 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos stomps this so bad its unfair. he is Omnipotent with this and a day prep time?????????????? overkill comes to mind.
#32 Edited by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Prime will be raped so bad.....*Facepalm*
#33 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with IG slaughter-rapes any version of Superman.

#34 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2088 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you not like Superman?

#35 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Oh and this is spite.
#36 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (275 posts) - - Show Bio

As people have already mentioned, there isn't enough prep time from which Prime could benefit anyway. He would be too busy vaporizing pregnant women and coming up with the worst lines ever in comic book history.

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet wins here easy... only thing Superman Prime can do with those few days of prep is pray to Yahweh that he steps in and protects him... 
#39 Posted by MrDirector786 (43558 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos snaps his fingers. The end.

#40 Posted by IZZR2 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

But the prime can destroy universe.

#41 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

*Headdesk*

#42 Edited by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know about that man... even Silver Age Superman could not destroy a Universe... to think Superman Prime could might be a little too high a feat... 
#43 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR2 said:

#44 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR2 said:

WTF????? 

where are these ppl coming from?
#45 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
I dont know about that man... even Silver Age Superman could not destroy a Universe... to think Superman Prime could might be a little too high a feat... 
No, he beat Monarch, which caused him to explode and destroy a universe. Prime indirectly destroyed a universe.
#46 Posted by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio
@FunnyStuff707 said:
Thanos easily.
#47 Posted by odinforce (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I think the same guy said he destroyed a universe with his bare hands and heat vision though
#48 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@King Saturn said:
No, he beat Monarch, which caused him to explode and destroy a universe. Prime indirectly destroyed a universe.
well the energy dispersed from Monarch's armor being torn apart cause a Universe to explode... Prime really did nothing but start the cause of what would destroy a Universe... 
#50 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
@JediXMan said:
@King Saturn said:
well the energy dispersed from Monarch's armor being torn apart cause a Universe to explode... Prime really did nothing but start the cause of what would destroy a Universe... 
Right. I don't see how that really matters here.