#1 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

any takers! and lets leave the transmuting thing outa this!

#2 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"even without it, SS is more powerful than prime"

wow, i'm really trying to understand peoples logic on this site! but thats cool, i'm always open to new ideas and learning more!

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

even without it, SS is more powerful than prime

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"superman prime would win this. this is a much better fight raiden."

don't think prime would win

he isn't that powerfull

#5 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

superman prime would win this. this is a much better fight raiden.

#6 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

superman prime? he's like a precrisis superman and raiden said without molecular control. i dont think ss has anything else that he could use to beat superman prime

#7 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

finally, thankyou! Ya know, i think, to me anyway, people here seem to just read silver surfer and forget about all the other characters out there with power on par or higher! granted, SMP doesn't have abstract powers like surfer, but he's a pc kryptonian who's ripping through the dc universe, people have to take a step back and acknowledge that, no matter what they think of the character! and he is well on par, above physically, than the surfer! lets turn the tables around, and see if surfer can through the dc unverse heroes and throw them of him like rag doll like smp did and take on multiple top tiers and have the rest of the dcu intervene to put a stop to him!

#8 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"superman prime? he's like a precrisis superman and raiden said without molecular control. i dont think ss has anything else that he could use to beat superman prime"

for the record, prime is mega, mega powerful, as in pc powerful! so, with that said, E1 superman would basically make surfer beg for his master galactus to step in and save his but! prime, although a pc kryptonian, isn't quite on par with E1 superman! so, with that said, even with all his powers, surfer is not gonna do well against prime! lets not forget surfer, along with his master, the big G, got taken out during annialation! take that!

#9 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Apparition says:
"superman prime? he's like a precrisis superman and raiden said without molecular control. i dont think ss has anything else that he could use to beat superman prime"
for the record, prime is mega, mega powerful, as in pc powerful! so, with that said, E1 superman would basically make surfer beg for his master galactus to step in and save his but! prime, although a pc kryptonian, isn't quite on par with E1 superman! so, with that said, even with all his powers, surfer is not gonna do well against prime! lets not forget surfer, along with his master, the big G, got taken out during annialation! take that!"

again that's just writing. e1 superman would eventually win but it wouldnt be an easy win. surfer is waaaayyy more powerful than you think.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime is powerful but not as much as SS

SS is faster and more powerful

don't know in terms of strength tough

#11 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Apparition says:
finally, thankyou! Ya know, i think, to me anyway, people here seem to just read silver surfer and forget about all the other characters out there with power on par or higher! granted, SMP doesn't have abstract powers like surfer, but he's a pc kryptonian who's ripping through the dc universe, people have to take a step back and acknowledge that, no matter what they think of the character! and he is well on par, above physically, than the surfer! lets turn the tables around, and see if surfer can through the dc unverse heroes and throw them of him like rag doll like smp did and take on multiple top tiers and have the rest of the dcu intervene to put a stop to him!"

well i just look at the powers of the characters and while doomsday wouldnt be able to do anything at all to silver surfer, superman prime is fast enough to fight him, much stronger than surfer is, and maybe even strong enough to damage surfer's silver skin. but he can certainly knock surfer out.

but surfer would be able to do a pretty good job of doing the same types of things to most of the dc universe. the normal superman wouldnt be able to take him and he would just absorb the energy of the green lanterns... he could do about the same thing that superman prime is doing.

#12 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Prime is powerful but not as much as SS SS is faster and more powerful don't know in terms of strength tough"

dude, you really gotta look up superman-prime's stats! as i said before, people here seem to think ss the the bees knees!

#13 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lordraiden says:
"Apparition says:
for the record, prime is mega, mega powerful, as in pc powerful! so, with that said, E1 superman would basically make surfer beg for his master galactus to step in and save his but! prime, although a pc kryptonian, isn't quite on par with E1 superman! so, with that said, even with all his powers, surfer is not gonna do well against prime! lets not forget surfer, along with his master, the big G, got taken out during annialation! take that!"
again that's just writing. e1 superman would eventually win but it wouldnt be an easy win. surfer is waaaayyy more powerful than you think."

Let me just state this for the record: there's a difference between having power and being powerfull! just because you have said powers, doesn't mean you know how to use them efficiently and ARE all powerfull!

#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Prime is powerful but not as much as SS SS is faster and more powerful don't know in terms of strength tough"

dude, you really gotta look up superman-prime's stats! as i said before, people here seem to think ss the the bees knees!"

I know prime, I have seen everything he has done so far from battling the titans to travel in the multiverse

you should look at SS he is more powerful than what you think

#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

OK i was just wondering since the Surfer can absorb massive amounts of energy with little to no problem, couldn't he absorb Superman-Prime's solar reserves?

Primes is also extremely fast but the Silver Surfer is beyond light speed, so i think he would be able to keep up with Prime.

also the Surfer can phase through matter so the Bulk of Primes attacks would touch him.

good battle though. lol

#16 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Let me just state this for the record: there's a difference between having power and being powerfull! just because you have said powers, doesn't mean you know how to use them efficiently and ARE all powerfull! "

And the Surfer has a LOT or experience in using his powers efficiently, i think more so than Prime.

#17 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"OK i was just wondering since the Surfer can absorb massive amounts of energy with little to no problem, couldn't he absorb Superman-Prime's solar reserves? Primes is also extremely fast but the Silver Surfer is beyond light speed, so i think he would be able to keep up with Prime. also the Surfer can phase through matter so the Bulk of Primes attacks would touch him. good battle though. lol "

Cheers! but if surfer can phase through things, than why does he get taken out so easily and readily by bricks! like thor, morg, gladiator, parallax (but he's a god compared to ss)! it's a bit like saying, well, no one should realisticly be able to hit superman, because he has ftl, and should be able to easily avoid any physical contact!

#18 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"lordraiden says:
"Let me just state this for the record: there's a difference between having power and being powerfull! just because you have said powers, doesn't mean you know how to use them efficiently and ARE all powerfull! "
And the Surfer has a **LOT** or experience in using his powers efficiently, i think more so than Prime. "

that i'll agree with!

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Superman-Prime can move at Light Speed, but Surfer can move faster than that. Shouldn't he be fast enough to react to Prime's attacks? And, there's nothing stopping him from transmuting Prime, either.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"I know Superman-Prime can move at Light Speed, but Surfer can move faster than that. Shouldn't he be fast enough to react to Prime's attacks? "

Can't assume that. Surfer's traveling speed isn't directly tied to his reaction times/combat speed.

Static Shock says:

"And, there's nothing stopping him from transmuting Prime, either."

Nothing but the first post.

#21 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"I know Superman-Prime can move at Light Speed, but Surfer can move faster than that. Shouldn't he be fast enough to react to Prime's attacks? And, there's nothing stopping him from transmuting Prime, either."

yeah, there is! prime is way too powerfull for that! again, people at his powerlevels don't just stand there and get transmuted! people gotta chillax with this transmuting! seems to be there be all and end all!

#22 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Cheers! but if surfer can phase through things, than why does he get taken out so easily and readily by bricks! like thor, morg, gladiator, parallax (but he's a god compared to ss)! it's a bit like saying, well, no one should realisticly be able to hit superman, because he has ftl, and should be able to easily avoid any physical contact!"

Thor- God of thunder, he is able to bring on the fury of the storm on the surfer.

Morge- he is one of the most powerful heralds of Galactus, even more powerful than the surfer after his dip in the mystical pool.

don't know about gladiator and when did he face off against parallax?

no one should be able to hit superman(sept the flash and other super speedsters), the writers hold him back so they can sell books instead. think if he moved so fast that you could see him all the time then there should be no crime in DC what so ever, Batman would be out of a job.

#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"lordraiden says:
"Static Shock says:
"I know Superman-Prime can move at Light Speed, but Surfer can move faster than that. Shouldn't he be fast enough to react to Prime's attacks? And, there's nothing stopping him from transmuting Prime, either."

yeah, there is! prime is way too powerfull for that! again, people at his powerlevels don't just stand there and get transmuted! people gotta chillax with this transmuting! seems to be there be all and end all!"

Dude, you can't really dodge transmutation. It happens instantaneously, right? On top of that, how is Prime too powerful to be transmuted? He's classified as organic matter, so it can happen, no matter how powerful he is.

Hell, Firestorm could transmute Prime instantly, all it takes is willpower, focus, and eye contact. Prime wouldn't even know that it's happening."

mm do you remember that in this battle the transmutation is not a subject right?

#24 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"all it takes is willpower, focus, and eye contact. Prime wouldn't even know that it's happening."

good luck maintaining eye contact with a guy that can movie faster than a speeding bullet. lol

#25 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Static Shock says:

yeah, there is! prime is way too powerfull for that! again, people at his powerlevels don't just stand there and get transmuted! people gotta chillax with this transmuting! seems to be there be all and end all!"

Dude, you can't really dodge transmutation. It happens instantaneously, right? On top of that, how is Prime too powerful to be transmuted? He's classified as organic matter, so it can happen, no matter how powerful he is.

Hell, Firestorm could transmute Prime instantly, all it takes is willpower, focus, and eye contact. Prime wouldn't even know that it's happening.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Static Shock says:
"lordraiden says:
"Static Shock says:

Hell, Firestorm could transmute Prime instantly, all it takes is willpower, focus, and eye contact. Prime wouldn't even know that it's happening."

mm do you remember that in this battle the transmutation is not a subject right?"

I didn't read the first post until now. Sorry.

#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"I know Superman-Prime can move at Light Speed, but Surfer can move faster than that. Shouldn't he be fast enough to react to Prime's attacks? "

Can't assume that. Surfer's traveling speed isn't directly tied to his reaction times/combat speed.

Static Shock says:

"

Sighs

If you say so...

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Static Shock says:
"all it takes is willpower, focus, and eye contact. Prime wouldn't even know that it's happening."

good luck maintaining eye contact with a guy that can movie faster than a speeding bullet. lol "

#29 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"*Sighs*If you say so..."

It doesn't have to be like that, you just need some evidence of Surfer's combat speed.

#30 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

ok im not familar with prime but if he is as fast as regular supes than ss isnt faster,or if he is not by much

#31 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"lordraiden says:
"Cheers! but if surfer can phase through things, than why does he get taken out so easily and readily by bricks! like thor, morg, gladiator, parallax (but he's a god compared to ss)! it's a bit like saying, well, no one should realisticly be able to hit superman, because he has ftl, and should be able to easily avoid any physical contact!"
Thor- God of thunder, he is able to bring on the fury of the storm on the surfer. Morge- he is one of the most powerful heralds of Galactus, even more powerful than the surfer after his dip in the mystical pool. don't know about gladiator and when did he face off against parallax? no one should be able to hit superman(sept the flash and other **super** speedsters), the writers hold him back so they can sell books instead. think if he moved so fast that you could see him all the time then there should be no crime in DC what so ever, Batman would be out of a job. "

I believe it was in the GL/SS crossover that had the surfer and kyle lantern take on parallax and thanos!

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"*Sighs*If you say so..."

It doesn't have to be like that, you just need some evidence of Surfer's combat speed."

Well, I'm sorry but I don't have any evidence. So, I'll leave it as it is.
Post Edited:2007-12-12 23:39:23

#33 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"I believe it was in the GL/SS crossover that had the surfer and kyle lantern take on parallax and thanos!"

ok so if crossovers count then so doesn't the Silver Surfer New Gods crossover, where he was throwing around the forces of Apokolips and Orion the Dog of War like rag dolls.

#34 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"mmm boy SS is way faster than flash, who is faster than supes Prime is faster and more powerful than any other superman but he isn't nearly as fast as SS"

Yeah but is that just flight speed or is it also reaction speed?

#35 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

there is nobody faster than flash and surfs is one of my favorites and dont call me boy im probably ten years older than you

#36 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"Nighthunter says:

ok im not familar with prime but if he is as fast as regular supes than ss isnt faster,or if he is not by much"

mmm boy SS is way faster than flash, who is faster than supes

Prime is faster and more powerful than any other superman but he isn't nearly as fast as SS

#37 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Nighthunter says:
"mmm boy SS is way faster than flash, who is faster than supes Prime is faster and more powerful than any other superman but he isn't nearly as fast as SS"

Yeah but is that just flight speed or is it also reaction speed? "

Not sure

#38 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"there is nobody faster than flash and surfs is one of my favorites and dont call me boy im probably ten years older than you"

check the bios

there is a reason that they are there

#39 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:

Static Shock says:

"

Why not? So if the Surfer is traveling at light speed, he can't see where he is going because his reaction time wont' let him? Then when he travels at light speed, he crashes into whatever is floating in space? I guess to travel at light speeds you have to have light speed reaction time ,unless you have a computer that already has a designated route programmed into it, and he doesn't. If one assumes that he can travel at light speed, without crashing into a moon, one can assume he can attack or evade at light speed reaction times.

#40 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"vegeta says:
"there is nobody faster than flash and surfs is one of my favorites and dont call me boy im probably ten years older than you"
check the bios there is a reason that they are there"

umm ok did thats why he is ranked 3rd and regular supes 2nd

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Why not? So if the Surfer is traveling at light speed, he can't see where he is going because his reaction time wont' let him? Then when he travels at light speed, he crashes into whatever is floating in space? I guess to travel at light speeds you have to have light speed reaction time ,unless you have a computer that already has a designated route programmed into it, and he doesn't. If one assumes that he can travel at light speed, without crashing into a moon, one can assume he can attack or evade at light speed reaction times."

Make sense. One can see that it doesn't make sense to move at light or superluminal speeds and not have the reaction time for it. You can't have one without the other. I or anyone else shouldn't even have to have evidence for this type of argument.
Post Edited:2007-12-13 00:01:52

#42 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"Nighthunter says:
ok im not familar with prime but if he is as fast as regular supes than ss isnt faster,or if he is not by much"

prime is abuntantly more faster and powerfull than regular superman! let me set the record straight, prime is a pc kryptonian, meaning, that he's ten times more powerfull than superman or any other superheroe in dc after crises on infinite earths! that was the hole idea of the mini series of the original crisis on infinite earths, to cut back on all the doubles, and seriously cut down supermans powerlevels, cause he was ridiculously powerfull! FTL didn't even come close to pc kryptonians, E1 superman was destroying galaxies by sneazing, he was holding dward star matter in his hands! I know it's hard for people this day and age to concieve those type of power levels, but, basically, thats what we're talking here with superman-prime, not quite in league with E1 superman, but you get the drift! and this transmuting business, somehow i doubt it's instantanious, especially when your in battle and someones looking to rip your head off and has the power to do it!

#43 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:

umm ok did thats why he is ranked 3rd and regular supes 2nd"

I said bios not power ranks those are based on popularity

I'll put it simply

Flash is faster than Superman. Flash travels at light speed. SS travels at a speed beyond the speed of light. So he is faster

@Fantasma-Good argument

#44 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"vegeta says:
"Nighthunter says:
mmm boy SS is way faster than flash, who is faster than supes Prime is faster and more powerful than any other superman but he isn't nearly as fast as SS"

how do you gage he's faster that smp? where do you get this from?

#45 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so hes faster but supes vision slows EVERYTHING down to where he can see it

#46 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:
"Nighthunter says:
mmm boy SS is way faster than flash, who is faster than supes Prime is faster and more powerful than any other superman but he isn't nearly as fast as SS"

how do you gage he's faster that smp? where do you get this from?"

simple Superman Prime probably is faster than the Flash when he is flying thanks to his recent powerup.

However the diference of speed between Silver Surfer and Flash is very big. I doubt that Prime has gone to those extremes.

#47 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"vegeta says:
"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:
I said bios not power ranks those are based on popularity I'll put it simply Flash is faster than Superman. Flash travels at light speed. SS travels at a speed beyond the speed of light. So he is faster @Fantasma-Good argument"

dude, you gotta update your stats info! flash was at ftl 10-15years ago! he is weeeeellll beyond that! I honestly can't say surfer is faster than flash, same goes with flash, but my gut tells me flash, because thats what he is! his superpower is speed and he useses it like a god! in kingdom come, he was so fast, he literally appeard all over the earth simultanously!@

#48 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:
"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:
I said bios not power ranks those are based on popularity I'll put it simply Flash is faster than Superman. Flash travels at light speed. SS travels at a speed beyond the speed of light. So he is faster @Fantasma-Good argument"
dude, you gotta update your stats info! flash was at ftl 10-15years ago! he is weeeeellll beyond that! I honestly can't say surfer is faster than flash, same goes with flash, but my gut tells me flash, because thats what he is! his superpower is speed and he useses it like a god! in kingdom come, he was so fast, he literally appeard all over the earth simultanously!@"

flash also can move so fast he can vibrate through walls

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

for this battle i'd have to put my money on Surfer...

while Prime is amazingly powerful, he's not creative, or intelligent enough to use his powers the way Surfer has done in the past.

adding to the account that Surfer is a lot faster than Superman prime, and could probably take anything that prime dished out offensively, namely punches, head vision, ice breath... the usual...

there's not much i can actually see Superman Prime being able to do to defeat Surfer, while Surfer has a vast array of offensive and defensive capabilities at his command.

M

#50 Posted by lordraiden (7116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"lordraiden says:
"Nighthunter says:
"vegeta says:
"Nighthunter says:
how do you gage he's faster that smp? where do you get this from?"
simple Superman Prime **probably** is faster than the Flash when he is flying thanks to his recent powerup. However the diference of speed between Silver Surfer and Flash is very big. I doubt that Prime has gone to those extremes."

your going on assumptions, and no stats or evidence, so it's just your opinion that ss is faster! just the same that it's my belief/opinion that flash can hold his own as far as speed goes with surfer!