#1 Edited by Frocharocha (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not the super human character Quasar, but a real tip of Black hole and the most powerful know by science. So here's the thing: A sun billions of times bigger than the sun explodes and become a Quasar, it's very close to earth and it's treating not only i'ts existence but our Solar System as well. Superman (in this case) is the only thing between the Quasar and the destruction of Earth, since The Specter is wasting his time playing chess with Michael Demiurgos.

Superman then travels to the Quasar trying to defeat it.

A quasi-stellar radio source ("quasar", /ˈkwzɑr/) is a very energetic and distant active galactic nucleus. Quasars are extremely luminous and is a compact region in the center of a massive galaxy surrounding its central supermassive black hole. Its size is 10–10,000 times the Schwarzschild radius of the black hole. The quasar is powered by an accretion disc around the black hole. They tend to inhabit the very centers of active, young galaxies, and are among the most luminous, powerful, and energetic objects known in the universe, emitting up to a thousand times the energy output of the Milky Way, which contains 200–400 billion stars.

#2 Edited by tparks (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Superman possibly do?

#3 Edited by Killemall (18173 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you defeat a quasar? its a giant black hole that molds a galaxy :p dont think you can knock it out or anything.

#4 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray for astrophysics!!!!

#5 Posted by Geistmesser (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid battle, no offense. Because there is absolutely no chance for Superman to do anything to a Quasar. Oppositely, a Quasar like that in the image should be more than capable of shredding him and Earth, quite easily.

#6 Posted by dondave (33431 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Frocharocha (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@frocharocha: What exactly do you think Superman can do?

trow The Earth farther a way with i'ts planets and sun as well?Well, it's a solution.

#8 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I don't believe it can be called a black hole exactly. That would actually be slightly contradicting. But i'm no astrophysicist, and i only just got out of highschool, so i'm probably wrong on this tip. Besides, stars and all that extra stuff wasn't meant to be understood by man, we live, we die, why can't we just be content with that and all the good things on our own planet.

#9 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11388 posts) - - Show Bio

another pointless thread ....

Make Sure It Is a Battle

The battle forum is for actual fights between characters. Things like 'who has the coolest power' or 'who gets the most chicks' ARE NOT BATTLES. Just because you put 'vs' in the title, does not automatically make it battle forum worthy. They should be placed in general discussion or in off-topic (depending on what they're about). As well, fights with characters who are not comic book or manga characters or haven't featured predominantly in comic books or manga (Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris, Barney Stinson vs Joey Tribbian etc) do not belong in the battle forum, either.

Someone needs to sweep this mess up...