• 117 results
catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By catofellow

Loki has summoned Superman to Marvel Earth for his own personal amusement, and has him under mind control leveling New York City.

Reed Richards is working a synthetic Kryptonite ray to take away Superman's powers. Superman discovers the plan and tries to stop him. Reed doesn't have time to finish the project and has to go with a half finished weapon. Reed shoots Superman stripping him of him of nearly all of his powers the moment before Superman completely incapacitates Richards.

Superman is left with his durability, heat vision, limited regeneration, but all other powers are gone. Superman has the strength and agility of a normal human with his physique. Wolverine enters the room, and is left 1 v 1 against Superman. Who wins the resulting fight?

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lemurboy123

@catofellow: how durable is superman can wolverine cut through his skin fairly easy or is it a bit tough to get through

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

With his strength, speed and agility down to that of a normal physique Wolverine will outclass him in those aspects and I doubt he can KO Logan through melee means and Logan will then outclass him in speed, strength, durability definitely fighting skills. However, Wolverine may not be able to cut him deep enough either. On the other hand, he was able to stab into Thanos' chest but didn't do lasting damage and he could cut and draw blood from Thor but Thor's Asgardian hide prevented any debilitating injuries.

Honestly, I see this fight coming off like X-23 vs Kimura but Superman has heat vision that will still incinerate Wolverine.

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By catofellow

@lemurboy123 said:

@catofellow: how durable is superman can wolverine cut through his skin fairly easy or is it a bit tough to get through

I am not sure. I would imagine that Wolverine could scratch Superman, but would have difficulty penetrating the skin without putting all his weight into it. That is subject to debate though.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lemurboy123

wolverine has been incinerated down to the bone, and still regenerate but wolverine is faster than superman in this scenario and am sure he would go in for the kill and perhaps decapitate him ,i think wolverine takes this because of his speed and agility outclassing superman.

superman's heat vision is his only way of winning here, but i think wolverine can take him out before any large damage is done.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lemurboy123: And incinerating Wolverine would count as incapacitation so mentioning him healing from a skeleton is irrelevant and he isn't going to be able to decapitate Superman anyway.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lemurboy123

why wouldn't he, is durability has been weakened, and its stated it only takes a few minutes to regenerate so he would be able to continue fighting.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Wolverine has this.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lemurboy123: No it doesn't. It is stated his only powers left are his durability, heat vision and what is limited is his regeneration. Everything else just puts him an athletic man. Wolverine is incapable of doing any noticeable damage to the likes of Thanos and Thor, if he can cut Superman it won't be deep and hardly enough to put him down. Wolverine may go for something eventually like the eyes but in character is hardly something he ever goes for and Superman is far more likely to use his heat vision before a tactic like that is used.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Logan under these conditions.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moywar700

If a battle maker is gonna take a superhero's power away or do some drastic changes,then it's most not to make a battle thread.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr_Winchester

If Superman gets too close hes gonna get shanked...I think the only thing Superman can do is heat the adamantium enough to melt if that is at all possible. Superman needs all is powers to win this.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Heat Vision for the incapacitation win. Superman can stand there and stare at logan all day if he has too .... or just shoot a beam through his eye into his brain ... that'd kill him

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Mr_Winchester said:

If Superman gets too close hes gonna get shanked...I think the only thing Superman can do is heat the adamantium enough to melt if that is at all possible. Superman needs all is powers to win this.

lol ... wrong

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr_Winchester
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Heat Vision for the incapacitation win. Superman can stand there and stare at logan all day if he has too .... or just shoot a beam through his eye into his brain ... that'd kill him

Nothing through the brain kills Logan as he can regenerate are you familiar with his powers?, plus he can use his claws to reflect the laser.
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

ok ..... what if Superman just does this ....

i don't know how big logans claws have to be to block that ...

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lemurboy123

am sticking with wolverine i still think his speed can allow him to get to superman and take him out

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Its very plausable that superman can use his omega beam but I would imagine that because he doesnt have his full sun absorbing capabilities he would eventualy gas out...thats ofcourse if logan doesnt dodge the beam in a berserk state after being annoyed by a couple of the eye lasers.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mr_Winchester: You seem new. You don't need to kill someone under vine rules if not specified in the OP in order to win a match. As long as Supes can incapacitate Wolverine in some manner ie heat vision can, then Superman can win. And you assume Wolverine can cut him in order to do lasting damage. He couldn't do it deep enough against Thor or Thanos, so why would he against Superman who is arguably more durable than at least Thor? His only chance is an eye shot which like I stated before, isn't something he generally goes for all that often.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lemurboy123 said:

am sticking with wolverine i still think his speed can allow him to get to superman and take him out

That isn't enough, have you been paying attention at all?

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mr_Winchester

Supermans durability counts against Logan, he needs his strength speed and flight to Kill Logan via drowning or throwing him into space.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I see either one of these happening .........

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Mr_Winchester said:

Supermans durability counts for shit against Logan, he needs his strength speed and flight to Kill Logan via drowning or throwing him into space.

lol, new kids ... always wrong

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I realise that death isnt the only way, but I do not believe that with the rules laid out that superman can sustain the eye beams as he will require sun energy to absorb. When he has gassed out Wolverine will make his way to a Superman who has the strength of a human, Wolverine will keep hacking away at him.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton

Heat vision is enough, Superman wins.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lemurboy123

@god_spawn: yes i have being paying attention no need to be rude, also i dont see you questioning others for saying wolverine wins without a reason.

for example @ChaosBlazer said:

Wolverine has this.

@venomoushatred1001 said:

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Ancient_0f_Days: They aren't completely wrong though, Logan does have legitimate ways to win this. Eye shot or possibly a carotid or jugular slash since it isn't that far under the skin. Problem is the Superman here is mind controlled and even in character uses his heat vision consistently while Logan tends to go for body shots under normal circumstances before resulting to the more severe shots like the throat or eyes.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Black

Superman.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lemurboy123: I'm not being rude. I'm stating your reason isn't enough and when I challenged you to that you still said no and went for speed but did not retort in anyway that he wins.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lemurboy123

is loki controlling superman through every action he does if so, then he might just unleash supes heat vision to max on wolverine , would the temp be enough to melt his adamantium?

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mr_Winchester
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Supermans durability counts for shit against Logan, he needs his strength speed and flight to Kill Logan via drowning or throwing him into space.

Appologies Supermans durability does count for something against Logan. However Supes would need to maintain range because at close range it can be game over for Superman. However as mentioned in the OP he only has heat vision Durability and partial regeneration. If he lacks his Solar absorbing ability he will eventualy run out of steam to keep up the incapcitation at which point Wolverine will move in.
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@god_spawn: Well that's the thing here, Logan has to get close to do anything. If Clark opens his eyes wide enough, he can stop Wolverine in his tracks and push him back. If there was no heat vision or if Logan's Jobber Aura flared up and convinced Superman to bring his fists to a knife fight, I'd give Logan a legit amount of wins out of ten. But I only see the jobbing happening two times max ....... Kal 8/10

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Mr_Winchester said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

Appologies Supermans durability does count for something against Logan. However Supes would need to maintain range because at close range it can be game over for Superman. However as mentioned in the OP he only has heat vision Durability and partial regeneration. If he lacks his Solar absorbing ability he will eventualy run out of steam to keep up the incapcitation at which point Wolverine will move in.

Not if he shoots a beam right into Logan's eyes and all up in his dome piece ... If Logan loses his brain at any point during the battle, hes done whether or not it grows back.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

my two favorites..............while Logan will have the speed, agility,strength and h2h advantage Superman still wins with the heat vision, Wolverine charges goes for the body does minor damage, Supes creates some space between the two and blasts him to his skeleton.......waits two minutes and blasts him again and repeats this process until he gets bored

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lemurboy123

@god_spawn yes but it was obvious was paying attention. anyway but say if wolverine was to use speed/agility and dodged supes attack of heat vision, and grabbed him and held him down so his eyes weren't in range of wolverine , then he could try and stab into his brain or organs? superman isn't as reactive do him losing his powers so wolverine would have an edge here.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Emperorb777

Superman wins via heat vision but I want to know whats limited regeneration and on who's lvl because that would mean Logan can't do crap to Superman that would last.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lemurboy123

other than that super would win if his heat vision can melt adamantium

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mr_Winchester
@Ancient_0f_Days:  Why doesnt it matter if he regenerates his brain from the damage? I thought Logans healing was involuntary.
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Mr_Winchester said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Why doesnt it matter if he regenerates his brain from the damage? I thought Logans healing was involuntary.

Cus, if he cannot properly function directly after getting his brain fried ... he loses ... doesn't matter when he wakes up. If you get knocked out in a fight ... you'll get back up later, but you still lose. That applies here.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Why doesnt it matter if he regenerates his brain from the damage? I thought Logans healing was involuntary.

Cus, if he cannot properly function directly after getting his brain fried ... he loses ... doesn't matter when he wakes up. If you get knocked out in a fight ... you'll get back up later, but you still lose. That applies here.

If he did get his brain fried, he might grow a new one... but he wouldnt know anything, he wouldnt be able to talk, and he probably wouldnt even be able to walk. He'd just be a baby sitting there pooping on himself and drooling.

Superman wins, why is this even a debate?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@WillPayton said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Mr_Winchester said:

If he did get his brain fried, he might grow a new one... but he wouldnt know anything, he wouldnt be able to talk, and he probably wouldnt even be able to walk. He'd just be a baby sitting there pooping on himself and drooling.

Superman wins, why is this even a debate?

Oh yeah, that too. I guess since Logan wouldn't know how to fight and wouldn't be capable of doing so after his "lobotomy" .. that counts as incapacitation. Well ... yeah, it really isn't a debate.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mr_Winchester

In which case I take back my decision. Superman wins. Good day sir.

uroborosphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uroborosphael

Superman burns him down.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shawnbaby

I think Superman wins this one...but I also think some people aren't giving Logan a fair shake. If he can dodge Cyclops eye Blasts...why wouldn't he be able to avoid Superman's in this example?

It's not the heat vision that wins this for Clark...its the durability. I don't think Wolverine will be able to do enough damage before getting blasted.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By willpayton

@Shawnbaby said:

I think Superman wins this one...but I also think some people aren't giving Logan a fair shake. If he can dodge Cyclops eye Blasts...why wouldn't he be able to avoid Superman's in this example?

It's not the heat vision that wins this for Clark...its the durability. I don't think Wolverine will be able to do enough damage before getting blasted.

There's just no way for Logan to dodge the heat vision. They're in a room, Superman is looking at him, fight starts... instant death! The only chance Logan would have is if he could move fast enough to close the distance, before Superman can think to blast him. Unless he's Quicksilver (or faster), he's not doing that. Even a normal human can react at around 200 - 250 ms.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shawnbaby

@WillPayton said:

@Shawnbaby said:

There's just no way for Logan to dodge the heat vision. They're in a room, Superman is looking at him, fight starts... instant death! The only chance Logan would have is if he could move fast enough to close the distance, before Superman can think to blast him. Unless he's Quicksilver (or faster), he's not doing that. Even a normal human can react at around 200 - 250 ms.

He's dodged optic blasts at close range in the past. And in this situation...Wolverine is the one with the speed advantage.

Again though....I don't believe wolverine wins this...but it's not because of heat vision...It's the durability. Without the Durability...Logan wins.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Saren

I don't understand why people bring up the Nitro incident.......it's not just that it's completely outlandish as far as Logan's healing showings go, it's not just that Nitro is a Captain Marvel villain who should have had no problem with Wolverine, but in the issue right before that one, Logan is KO'd for hours by an airplane crash. And in the next issue he suffers trauma far worse than that and recovers in the time it takes Nitro to make a phone call and it supposedly makes sense?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By dernman
@CitizenBane: Nothing about Wolverine makes sense.  :p
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers