• 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these two, who saves the humans from the walkers?

#2 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Both...batman is clever enough to find a cure or a chemical concoction to destroy the walkers,,and superman would just take a quick sundip and start gathering walkers by the hundred nd toss them into the sun and use his heat vision to incinerate them in droves

#3 Edited by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could just eliminate all the zombies that arent well hidden in a few hours IMO. All he has to do is fly a hundred ft in the air at super speeds and blast away with heat vision or ice breath. Batman could find a cure of some sort after after a few weeks or months.

Very interesting idea, I would love to see Batman and Superman in a real zombie type scenario (not Black Lanterns)

#4 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3590 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes says the day....while Bats is still smart, he is still vulnerable and can be turned into a "Walker"

#5 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman saves it without effort...Batman on the other hand does have to put some effort to win

#6 Posted by joshuagamer (636 posts) - - Show Bio

tie- superman would have a crisis of conscience prior to immolating all of the infected and batman would cure the disease by noon. Basically, there wouldn't be zombies for very long.

#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Superman could wipe out all the undead he wants, but I don't think he's able to cure the rest of the living population, since they're all technically infected.

#8 Posted by Israphael (350 posts) - - Show Bio

True, but it really wouldn't affect anything as long as they implemented a new protocol when someone dies (removal of the brain or something.)

#9 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He could easily destroy all of the walkers and with his super-intellect and Kryptonian tech and lab he could cure the rest of humanity.

#10 Posted by BigCimmerian (8702 posts) - - Show Bio

They could both save the day.

#11 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would be great when it came to killing individual zombies and keeping a group safe...as far as creating a cure goes though...he'd be ultimately useless...he wouldn't have his resources.

Superman however could easily destroy all the Zombies walking around and from there, its a simple matter to keep the zombie population in check by Brain Spiking anyone that dies until society can rebuild itself to a point where the resources exist to research an actual cure.

#12 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman's intelligence is being overestimated here, there is no information of how difficult it is to cure the zombie plague. Superman on the other hand wins with extreme ease.

#13 Edited by Dextersinister (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Israphael said:

True, but it really wouldn't affect anything as long as they implemented a new protocol when someone dies (removal of the brain or something.)

That's what I was thinking it wouldn't be that big a deal, just be cautious until someone inevitably finds a cure.

A zombie apocalypse depends on society being incompetent, Batman is a hyper-competent god and will have everything ship shape by the end of the year. Superman by the end of the week.

#14 Posted by Blackice709 (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman!

#15 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur: Neither of them. Batman is genius but he is no scientist, he is more genius detective than anything else. And if I remember correctly from The Walking dead best scientific minds on the planet tried to find the cure but they failed miserably. I don't think that Batman can do any better than they did. Hell, people who are certainly better scientists than Batman, like Reed Richards and Henry Pym failed in case of zombie apocalypse scenario - look at Marvel Zombies. I know non canon but still it give you something to think about, I don't think that Batman can be any better than Mister Fantastic and Ant man. Superman on the other hand have strong morals and I think that he could have serious problems with killing zombies before it will be to late. He probably would be like Herschel from The Walking dead who long after zombie outbreak insist on treating zombies like sick people who need help...

#16 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio
Here's a "not so anonymous" tip for ya....
The above comment isn't worth reading since the number of flaws in his post is akin to the number of keys on a piano.
Superman gathers the remaining humans and batman boomtubes them all to new genesis via boomtube fist.
/thread
#17 Posted by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Here's a "not so anonymous" tip for ya....
The above comment isn't worth reading since the number of flaws in his post is akin to the number of keys on a piano.
Superman gathers the remaining humans and batman boomtubes them all to new genesis via boomtube fist.
/thread

And this resolve nothing since all people in The walking dead are already infected, evacuating people to New Genesis will only help to spread disease outside the Earth! Good job! :)

#18 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Here's a "not so anonymous" tip for ya....
The above comment isn't worth reading since the number of flaws in his post is akin to the number of keys on a piano.
Superman gathers the remaining humans and batman boomtubes them all to new genesis via boomtube fist.
/thread

And this resolve nothing since all people in The walking dead are already infected, evacuating people to New Genesis will only help to spread disease outside the Earth! Good job! :)

I guess you forgot that on New Genesis there are mother boxes which would keep everyone from dying...... yeah, id pat myself on the back too

#19 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman does it faster, but both would succeed.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Picards isn't paying attention or does not know much about Batman or Superman. Number one, in Marvel Universe Earth there are less powerful superheroes on earth than DCU. Justice League alone would contain the outbreak on earth. Batman not a scientist? That is absurd. Comparing Batman to Mr Fantastic is also absurd since he could not even contain the zombie outbreak on MU. Also, if you recall correctly the guy at the CDC came close to a breakthrough but his research was destroy. So there was or there is a cure for the walkers.

#21 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@Picard said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Here's a "not so anonymous" tip for ya....
The above comment isn't worth reading since the number of flaws in his post is akin to the number of keys on a piano.
Superman gathers the remaining humans and batman boomtubes them all to new genesis via boomtube fist.
/thread

And this resolve nothing since all people in The walking dead are already infected, evacuating people to New Genesis will only help to spread disease outside the Earth! Good job! :)

I guess you forgot that on New Genesis there are mother boxes which would keep everyone from dying...... yeah, id pat myself on the back too

And you just assume that mother boes will work on people infected with zombie disease... A lot if and maybe.

@Xcalibur said:

Picards isn't paying attention or does not know much about Batman or Superman. Number one, in Marvel Universe Earth there are less powerful superheroes on earth than DCU. Justice League alone would contain the outbreak on earth. Batman not a scientist? That is absurd. Comparing Batman to Mr Fantastic is also absurd since he could not even contain the zombie outbreak on MU. Also, if you recall correctly the guy at the CDC came close to a breakthrough but his research was destroy. So there was or there is a cure for the walkers.

If you want to proof that Batman is better scientist than Reed Richards and Henry Pym put together then feel free to create a topic "Batman vs. greatest scientific minds in MU" and you see how many people will say that you are wrong. And yes that was my argument if people who are smarter than Batman couldn't find a cure, then Batman certainly can't find it either. You also believe Batman alone is smarter than all scientific minds in The Walking dead universe. Pretty arogant assumption, based on what exactly? All scientists from all around the world are more stupid than Batman... This sound like fanboyism. Yes all those scientists were close to find the cure but they run out of time, I don't see any reason to say that Batman could do any better than all best scientific minds on the planet put together.

#22 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could do it, but even though they're dead Superman has qualms about killing. It'll take a while before he could stomach killing them because they WERE people and he's well, a good guy. Batman to a lesser degree, he's not a killer, but he'd adapt well. As for finding a cure...I doubt either of them could CURE the world

#23 Edited by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Picard, I don't need to create a "Batman vs. greatest scientific minds in MU" because I'm discussing this thread first. Which is the same you should be doing if you wish to participate. Otherwise, thank you for posting and now go elswhere. Do not accuse me of fanboyism when you yourself aren't even sure of what cause the outbreak in the first place. How is arrogant to assume Batman OR Superman could not find a cure? When both have resources and knowledge that expand galaxies and realms in the batcomputer and the fortress of solitude. Again, if you are not well informed on both characters then just contribute to this discussion by reading and observing. Otherwise you make yourself look less than a fanboy (i.e. a fool) by setting limits on two inconic comic book characters. Thank you.

#24 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

Now Picard, I don't need to create a "Batman vs. greatest scientific minds in MU" because I'm discussing this thread first. Which is the same you should be doing if you wish to participate. Otherwise, thank you for posting and now go elswhere. Do not accuse me of fanboyism when you yourself aren't even sure of what cause the outbreak in the first place. How is arrogant to assume Batman OR Superman could not find a cure? When both have resources and knowledge that expand galaxies and realms in the batcomputer and the fortress of solitude. Again, if you are not well informed on both characters then just contribute to this discussion by reading and observing. Otherwise you make yourself look less than a fanboy (i.e. a fool) by setting limits on two inconic comic book characters. Thank you.

You insulted me - called me a fool - so you are flagged child. Also burden of proof is on you: prove that Batman and Superman can find a cure. Give me some sort of evidence. If you can't you can go elswhere. I already proven that people smarter than Bruce and Clarke couldn't found a cure, so my work is done. :)

#25 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

batman finds a cure, and turns those walkers back to human. so batman will save more people than superman, but will take more time

#26 Posted by nickthedevil (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could probably find a cure and/or destroy the walkers.

#27 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

You instigate by throwing fanboy accusations to me Picard. I'm not looking for a mud slinging contest. I also seek no trouble with moderation so let's be clear about it. As for burden of proof? I gave it to you by pointing out the batcomputer AND the fortress of solitude. Bringing Marvel is irrelevant so enough it. Moving forward...

#28 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

New genesis becomes the new home to all earthlings who are each issued a mother box that makes them all immortal until Batman and Superman can create a cure.

#29 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

You instigate by throwing fanboy accusations to me Picard. I'm not looking for a mud slinging contest. I also seek no trouble with moderation so let's be clear about it. As for burden of proof? I gave it to you by pointing out the batcomputer AND the fortress of solitude. Bringing Marvel is irrelevant so enough it. Moving forward...

Prove to me that batcomputer of fortress of solitude have some info about how to stop zombie apocalypse and cure zombie infection. :) I waiting. And brining both Marvel and all scientists from The Walking dead is very relevant - it show that smarter people than Batman couldn't find solution to zombie outbreak.

#30 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@Xcalibur said:

You instigate by throwing fanboy accusations to me Picard. I'm not looking for a mud slinging contest. I also seek no trouble with moderation so let's be clear about it. As for burden of proof? I gave it to you by pointing out the batcomputer AND the fortress of solitude. Bringing Marvel is irrelevant so enough it. Moving forward...

Prove to me that batcomputer of fortress of solitude have some info about how to stop zombie apocalypse and cure zombie infection. :) I waiting. And brining both Marvel and all scientists from The Walking dead is very relevant - it show that smarter people than Batman couldn't find solution to zombie outbreak.

Read Contagion unless you want me to read it for you. Batman has already experience on how to handle outbreaks and uncurable diseases. And again, Marvel Zombies proved that the greatest mind in science failed for the MU Earth.

#31 Posted by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

@Picard said:

Read Contagion unless you want me to read it for you. Batman has already experience on how to handle outbreaks and uncurable diseases. And again, Marvel Zombies proved that the greatest mind in science failed for the MU Earth.

Yeh, that my point greatest minds in MU failed, so what make you think that batman is any better? Contagion? I'm interested only in one thing: if this was zombie outbreak? If not, you don't have any proof that Batman can find the cure.

#32 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

batman finds a cure, and turns those walkers back to human. so batman will save more people than superman, but will take more time

Ridiculous. The Walkers are actually dead people. That's how it works...you die...you become a Walker. Batman is not going to bring the Dead back to life.

#33 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician. He's basically an all rounder. Reed has a genius level intellect in one field, science. If you make a thread "Batman vs Reed Richards Prep match", More people would be in favor of Batman. Reed is no detective, Batman is tracking Reed in that fight. Reed is no strategist, Batman is a combat genius. TBH I don't think Reeds brain opperates completely on his own terms as he was exposed to cosmic rays, which further enhanced his intellect.

#34 Posted by ComicStooge (13772 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman could very scorch the Earth free of zombies in a few minutes. Not that he would, of course.

#35 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician. He's basically an all rounder. Reed has a genius level intellect in one field, science. If you make a thread "Batman vs Reed Richards Prep match", More people would be in favor of Batman. Reed is no detective, Batman is tracking Reed in that fight. Reed is no strategist, Batman is a combat genius. TBH I don't think Reeds brain opperates completely on his own terms as he was exposed to cosmic rays, which further enhanced his intellect.

All that is true about Bruce being a better Tactician, Detective, Etc. What Picard is talking about here is an issue of pure Science though...and Reed Stomps all over Bruce when it comes to Science.

#36 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: Keep in mind Richards would be consider a metahuman in DCU. Whereas Batman is only human. Reeds may or may not be a greater scientist than Batman. However, in the forensics level Bruce stomps Richards. And CSI have shown that forensic detectives find origins of crimes and even causes. Hence Batman most likely will trace back the origin to the first victim.

Please, for everyone can we keep this on Superman/Batman/The Walking Dead. Hijacking the thread for Marvel is not fair. Thank you everyone.

#37 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

@Shawnbaby: Keep in mind Richards would be consider a metahuman in DCU. Whereas Batman is only human. Reeds may or may not be a greater scientist than Batman. However, in the forensics level Bruce stomps Richards. And CSI have shown that forensic detectives find origins of crimes and even causes. Hence Batman most likely will trace back the origin to the first victim.

Please, for everyone can we keep this on Superman/Batman/The Walking Dead. Hijacking the thread for Marvel is not fair. Thank you everyone.

#38 Edited by Army2442 (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@Xcalibur: Neither of them. Batman is genius but he is no scientist, he is more genius detective than anything else. And if I remember correctly from The Walking dead best scientific minds on the planet tried to find the cure but they failed miserably. I don't think that Batman can do any better than they did. Hell, people who are certainly better scientists than Batman, like Reed Richards and Henry Pym failed in case of zombie apocalypse scenario - look at Marvel Zombies. I know non canon but still it give you something to think about, I don't think that Batman can be any better than Mister Fantastic and Ant man. Superman on the other hand have strong morals and I think that he could have serious problems with killing zombies before it will be to late. He probably would be like Herschel from The Walking dead who long after zombie outbreak insist on treating zombies like sick people who need help...

The zombies couldn't infect superman regardless of his incompetence because of his durability, but your point on batman is still valid. I personally think that even the thing could solo the zombies due to being tough to for the zombies to penetrate his skin.

#39 Posted by soduh2 (868 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of when I imagine how different the Dead Rising series would have been if Arkham City Batman was playable.

#40 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman all day everyday.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (19880 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician. He's basically an all rounder. Reed has a genius level intellect in one field, science. If you make a thread "Batman vs Reed Richards Prep match", More people would be in favor of Batman. Reed is no detective, Batman is tracking Reed in that fight. Reed is no strategist, Batman is a combat genius. TBH I don't think Reeds brain opperates completely on his own terms as he was exposed to cosmic rays, which further enhanced his intellect.

All that is true about Bruce being a better Tactician, Detective, Etc. What Picard is talking about here is an issue of pure Science though...and Reed Stomps all over Bruce when it comes to Science.

Well thats true. Reed is a genius in all aspects of science, but still, most of it isn't on his own terms. Cosmic rays enhanced his intellect. Batman went around the world learning this sh!t. I guess if Michael Holt was replacing Batman in this scenario, he'd have a better chance of finding a cure.

#42 Posted by kasino (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

want a cure---Bats(the brain who has some brawn)

want no more walkers---Supes(the brawn who has some brains)

want to give them reverse goals---we die

#43 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is the CURE!! he wipes out all the zombies.

#44 Posted by Rick_Grayson (849 posts) - - Show Bio

No one is going to "cure" any of the walkers because they are dead. Hence "The Walking Dead". Batman may be able to find a cure for the people still alive but i think the main purpose he would serve is to set up a haven and a living system for the people still alive while Supes takes out the walkers. 
 
The key thing here is that these are not Zombies, i.e - the living with a disease, these are Walkers - moving corpses -  so Supermans morals should not come into play once he knows this. 
 
After this, Superman guards the camp while Bruce researches, eventually I'm confident he could find something to cure those still alive, even if it is just a prevention of reanimation upon death rather than an all out cure. Like something that destroys the brain upon death perhaps.

#45 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician. He's basically an all rounder. Reed has a genius level intellect in one field, science. If you make a thread "Batman vs Reed Richards Prep match", More people would be in favor of Batman. Reed is no detective, Batman is tracking Reed in that fight. Reed is no strategist, Batman is a combat genius. TBH I don't think Reeds brain opperates completely on his own terms as he was exposed to cosmic rays, which further enhanced his intellect.

How tactical skills or detective skills will help Batman find the cure? Bruce is no better scientist than Reed Richards or Henry Pym and since they failed against zombie plague, than I don't know what make you think that Batman would do any better than they did? Also I don't think that Batman alone is smarter than every scientist in The Walking dead universe. All scientist from all over the world couldn't find the cure before it was to late, so I don't think that Batman can do it, at least not before Earth will be overrun by zombies...

@Army2442 said:

The zombies couldn't infect superman regardless of his incompetence because of his durability, but your point on batman is still valid. I personally think that even the thing could solo the zombies due to being tough to for the zombies to penetrate his skin.

There was undead version of Thing in Marvel zombies. But, yes Superman probably can't be infected but that doesn't change the fact that he can't stop zombie plague from spreading at least not if morals are on, Superman would struggle to kill anyone, he would probably treat zombies like they were just sick people who need help. He probably would be like Herschel for The Walking dead.

#46 Posted by Xcalibur (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: He probably would be like Herschel for The Walking dead.

Herschel had the right idea of keeping walkers in contained in the barn. But just like everything in life some idiot walks in and creates a mess just because they think they're right. Hence, Shane to name a few.

#47 Posted by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

@Picard: He probably would be like Herschel for The Walking dead.

Herschel had the right idea of keeping walkers in contained in the barn. But just like everything in life some idiot walks in and creates a mess just because they think they're right. Hence, Shane to name a few.

You know what was right thing to do? Kill those zombies - they were threaten safty of everyone on that farm, and you can't help them in any way, they were dead, plain and simple. Herschel wrongly thought that walkers are just sick people, and I think that Superman would have similiar attitude towards walkers. You honestly think that he could incinerate ma and pa Kent, or Lois Lane, or Jimmy Olsen when they get infected?

#48 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@kcaz said:

batman finds a cure, and turns those walkers back to human. so batman will save more people than superman, but will take more time

Ridiculous. The Walkers are actually dead people. That's how it works...you die...you become a Walker. Batman is not going to bring the Dead back to life.

why not? they found a cure in resident evil, and they tried to do the same in the walking dead, but their most brilliant scientist was killed, so they didnt succeed in producing a cure because she was already dead

#49 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@kcaz said:

batman finds a cure, and turns those walkers back to human. so batman will save more people than superman, but will take more time

Ridiculous. The Walkers are actually dead people. That's how it works...you die...you become a Walker. Batman is not going to bring the Dead back to life.

why not? they found a cure in resident evil, and they tried to do the same in the walking dead, but their most brilliant scientist was killed, so they didnt succeed in producing a cure because she was already dead

They could cure the disease that causes people to become zombies after they die....they can't cure the zombies because they are dead already...Death is not curable.

I'm not sure you understand how the Zombie Infection works in The Walking Dead...I'll sum it up for you

You get bit by a Zombie. The Zombie Bite Kills you. You come back as a Zombie. That's pretty much standard Zombie Lore. But the Walking Dead adds a twist.

You may never get bit by a Zombie but you die through other means. You still come back as a Zombie. The Living are already infected.

If someone is a Zombie...it means that, by one means or another....they Died. There is no cure that Batman is going to create that will bring those Rotting Corpses back to life.

Now, as far as creating a cure for those who are still living to prevent them from turning into Zombies...that's entirely possible...unfortunately, Batman will have lost most of his resources. That Bat-Computer is a wonderful Machine that can solve many problems...but it still requires Electricity to run. Batman is a brilliant scientist and maybe he could synthesize a cure (which doesn't seem likely)...but he won't have the means to mass-produce and distribute it. One of the By-products of a Zombie Apocalypse is that it effectively throws Civilization back a few hundred years in a very short window of time.

#50 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xcalibur said:

@Picard: He probably would be like Herschel for The Walking dead.

Herschel had the right idea of keeping walkers in contained in the barn. But just like everything in life some idiot walks in and creates a mess just because they think they're right. Hence, Shane to name a few.

It's funny that you bring up that example in particular for 2 reasons:

1 - It shows that you haven't read the comics

2- Even in the series, Herschel admits that he was wrong about the zombies...and the moment it became clear to him was when Shane shot one 5 times in the chest and it didn't even slow down.

Shane didn't walk in and create a mess. Shane saw a problem and he dealt with it the way it should have been dealt with long before. Shane didn't just "Think he was right"...He actually was right. Keeping a barn full of Zombies is Bad Idea. Feeding them is an Even Worse Idea. Continuing to put Zombies into the Barn is a Catastrophically Bad Idea.